Ren'Py Earth's Last Guardian [v0.1.4c] [EcchiYoYo Productions]

2.30 star(s) 7 Votes

Which characters scenes should I work on for 0.2.1

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

OsoSober

Jul 22, 2018
I'm sorry, but an uncaught exception occurred.

While running game code:
File "game/core/dungeon/encounters/Mimic chest and defaults.rpy", line 674, in script
if lightning_strike_roll == 1:
File "game/core/dungeon/encounters/Mimic chest and defaults.rpy", line 674, in <module>
NameError: name 'lightning_strike_roll' is not defined

-- Full Traceback ------------------------------------------------------------

Full traceback:
File "game/core/dungeon/encounters/Mimic chest and defaults.rpy", line 674, in script
File "D:\Ddrive\games\dadgames\EarthsLastGuardian-0.1.4-pc\renpy\ast.py", line 2133, in execute
if renpy.python.py_eval(condition):
File "D:\Ddrive\games\dadgames\EarthsLastGuardian-0.1.4-pc\renpy\python.py", line 1153, in py_eval
return py_eval_bytecode(code, globals, locals)
File "D:\Ddrive\games\dadgames\EarthsLastGuardian-0.1.4-pc\renpy\python.py", line 1146, in py_eval_bytecode
return eval(bytecode, globals, locals)
File "game/core/dungeon/encounters/Mimic chest and defaults.rpy", line 674, in <module>

Windows-10-10.0.22631 AMD64
Ren'Py 8.1.3.23091805
Earth's Last Guardian 0.1.4
Mon Jul 15 16:26:28 2024

Doggs133

Dec 30, 2017
I will look into this now.
Edit: Have you found the healing pools and reported it to Zlata? This is the only time it hints to kill drakes in the dungeon, you could just be getting unlucky if you open the console and paste:

dungeon_quests.healing_pools_unlocked = True

This should force the game to set the flag for the healing pools being found, I will add a pity mechanic to this for the next update or bug fix (whichever comes first).
Ahhh.. no I haven't. I've only delved to lvl 50 so I'll keep going.

wookie ookie

Aug 30, 2021

While running game code:
I also have had this it's always at end of battle when you win and happens with more than one enemy seems to still work and let you move on if you use ignore

EcchiYoYo

Game Developer
Nov 7, 2022

While running game code:

-- Full Traceback ------------------------------------------------------------

Full traceback:
File "D:\Ddrive\games\dadgames\EarthsLastGuardian-0.1.4-pc\renpy\ast.py", line 2133, in execute
if renpy.python.py_eval(condition):
File "D:\Ddrive\games\dadgames\EarthsLastGuardian-0.1.4-pc\renpy\python.py", line 1153, in py_eval
return py_eval_bytecode(code, globals, locals)
File "D:\Ddrive\games\dadgames\EarthsLastGuardian-0.1.4-pc\renpy\python.py", line 1146, in py_eval_bytecode
return eval(bytecode, globals, locals)

Windows-10-10.0.22631 AMD64
Ren'Py 8.1.3.23091805
Earth's Last Guardian 0.1.4
Mon Jul 15 16:26:28 2024
I also have had this it's always at end of battle when you win and happens with more than one enemy seems to still work and let you move on if you use ignore
Edit: Which other enemy does this happen with, I have found the issue with the lightning strike drop calculation I have "__" instead of "_" hard to see in the code without looking for it.

Ok, what level are the healing pools?
I'm now at 118 and I haven't seen them yet :D

Also, what key combination opens the console?
The healing pools is meant to be unlocked just by killing drakes, floor number does not matter.
Console is opened with shift + o
Edit: If you can upload your save file I can take a look and try and figure out what`s going wrong.

Last edited:

EcchiYoYo

Game Developer
Nov 7, 2022
Patch 0.1.4b
Fixed a bug at the end of mimic fights causing a crash, incorrect variable name.
Fixed needing to commit genocide on Drakes to unlock the healing pools, added pity mechanic.
Fixed a bug causing a crash in town shop page when you do not have enough money to buy maximum rations, missing variable.
Fixed text going out of bounds in Sister`s story event hint under certain circumstances.

wookie ookie

Aug 30, 2021
Edit: Which other enemy does this happen with, I have found the issue with the lightning strike drop calculation I have "__" instead of "_" hard to see in the code without looking for it.
Pretty sure it was Goblin Boss, Mimic, one other one to can't remember which one but was on floor 20

EcchiYoYo

Game Developer
Nov 7, 2022
Pretty sure it was Goblin Boss, Mimic, one other one to can't remember which one but was on floor 20
I will have a look, most likely I fat fingered an extra key when fixing the divide by zero bugs. (mimic is fixed in0.1.4b)
Edit: If you can post a log of the crash for any of them that would help, looking at the code I can`t see an immediate problem and I can not seem to replicate it.

Last edited:

Ruhrok

Apr 15, 2022
god. love what you did with the new character events. they give a lot more well.. character xD to everone involved and rly help to emerge yourself in the story (y)

Reactions: EcchiYoYo

wookie ookie

Aug 30, 2021
I will have a look, most likely I fat fingered an extra key when fixing the divide by zero bugs. (mimic is fixed in0.1.4b)
Edit: If you can post a log of the crash for any of them that would help, looking at the code I can`t see an immediate problem and I can not seem to replicate it.
(y) Will do the next time it happens prob won't be able to play again till later tonight or tomorrow

Reactions: EcchiYoYo

Doggs133

Dec 30, 2017
The healing pools is meant to be unlocked just by killing drakes, floor number does not matter.
Console is opened with shift + o
Edit: If you can upload your save file I can take a look and try and figure out what`s going wrong.
All good. They unlocked after I hit lvl200.

Is there any way to advance the girls' fertility rates?
Feels like a hell of a grind while they're in their "Very Safe" days...

EcchiYoYo

Game Developer
Nov 7, 2022
All good. They unlocked after I hit lvl200.

Is there any way to advance the girls' fertility rates?
Feels like a hell of a grind while they're in their "Very Safe" days...
There is a plan for this, but with this update taking so long to get out I didn`t want to delay it any longer. The plan is that Gabrielle will have a customisation shop, where fertility is one of things that will be for sale, along with changing main girls names.
For now the girls have a fertility rate of 0.85 - 1.15 as a multiplier to fertility rate, morning after and abortion pills lower this rate but (for now) this resets at the start of their cycles to it`s default state. Once the shop is introduced the purchasable from Gabrielle will increase their default fertility state, I haven`t decided on exact numbers yet but likely something along the lines of three options 0.05, 0.12 and, 0.18. Again I haven`t decided on specifics so these values may change.
As for it being a grind while in their very safe state, the fertility in the game is somewhat close to real life in that the girls are only at peak fertility for 2-3 days, the rest of the time they have a significantly lower chance to conceive.

5mithers

Aug 3, 2019
EcchiYoYo : Please consider something like a max upgrade button/function in the stores. Something that just roles all the options up front and then prompts with something like:

"To max out your weapon it will take 543,120 crystals. Accept?"

Hell, add a 10% convenience fee on top for all it matters.

I understand you want to leave it to chance on whether an upgrade is successful or not. But several hundred clicks on the interface just to upgrade a relic (especially at later rebirth levels when you have an excess of crystals) is kind of insane. Grind is fine. Grind to the point of carpal tunnel is not.

I know I have brought this up with other aspects of the game in the past, but generally, there needs to be some reward for the grind. The ability to bypass slogging through infinite cycles of the menu is one of them. Pay for convenience type thing.

*Edit: Follow up to this. I have been monkeying around with fast rebirth cycles on the relics. Basically bringing up the console and entering:
Code:
upgrades.weapon_level=99;upgrades.armour_level=99;upgrades.ring_level=99
Then upgrading, rebirthing, then cycling again up until about rebirth 10.

At this point, I manually upgraded each of the relics to lv. 100. And that is when something is severely broken.

My "bonus" to stats are all extremely negative.

1721133140113.png

Is this by design for cheaters like me? Or is there some kind of buffer overflow in the calculations that is borking the evaluation of the bonus per level on the higher rebirth cycles?

Last edited:

MonkeyFunk

Oct 27, 2017
So I've found both the bow and the chainmail (Although I had to cheat pretty heavily to make the grind bareable), but I don't have an option to give them to Zlata and they're not appearing in my inventory, although I do have two "unknown items" in there, so maybe that's where it bugged out? 1721133289140.png

EcchiYoYo

Game Developer
Nov 7, 2022
EcchiYoYo : Please consider something like a max upgrade button/function in the stores. Something that just roles all the options up front and then prompts with something like:

"To max out your weapon it will take 543,120 crystals. Accept?"

Hell, add a 10% convenience fee on top for all it matters.

I understand you want to leave it to chance on whether an upgrade is successful or not. But several hundred clicks on the interface just to upgrade a relic (especially at later rebirth levels when you have an excess of crystals) is kind of insane. Grind is fine. Grind to the point of carpal tunnel is not.

I know I have brought this up with other aspects of the game in the past, but generally, there needs to be some reward for the grind. The ability to bypass slogging through infinite cycles of the menu is one of them. Pay for convenience type thing.

*Edit: Follow up to this. I have been monkeying around with fast rebirth cycles on the relics. Basically bringing up the console and entering:
Code:
upgrades.weapon_level=99;upgrades.armour_level=99;upgrades.ring_level=99
Then upgrading, rebirthing, then cycling again up until about rebirth 10.

At this point, I manually upgraded each of the relics to lv. 100. And that is when something is severely broken.

My "bonus" to stats are all extremely negative.

View attachment 3837077

Is this by design for cheaters like me? Or is there some kind of buffer overflow in the calculations that is borking the evaluation of the bonus per level on the higher rebirth cycles?
There is a plan to have the upgrade shop converted into a screen much like the town shop, this should make upgrading much less tedious. I was planning to add to the current release but like many other features I had to push this back due to how long everything else took. I myself got really frustrated while bug testing using the current method to upgrade gear so i feel your pain.
As for the negative stats this is due to the way the relics are upgraded in the code it`s not a simple case of "stat increase = relic rebirth * relic level".

You can fix your broken stats by editing these stats:

upgrades.weapon_damage
upgrades.armour_amount
upgrades.hp_increase
upgrades.mp_increase

To level a bunch in one go you can use these functions:

increaseRing(amount)
increaseArmour(amount)
increaseWeapon(amount)

Where amount is the number of levels you wish to add, there is currently no catch in these functions for going over level 100 so you will need to make sure you don`t. I don`t think going over 100 will break anything, but I`m not 100 % sure on that.

Reactions: 5mithers

EcchiYoYo

Game Developer
Nov 7, 2022
So I've found both the bow and the chainmail (Although I had to cheat pretty heavily to make the grind bareable), but I don't have an option to give them to Zlata and they're not appearing in my inventory, although I do have two "unknown items" in there, so maybe that's where it bugged out? View attachment 3837083
The unknown items are related to large HP potions, I believe this means you have not found or reported finding the healing pools to Zlata, this can be done by killing drakes. Check the progress hint for Zlata it will either say kill drakes in the dungeon or report the strange pool to Zlata (go see her anyway just incase). The gifts can be purchased before you can actually gift them, the story events must be completed first, story event 4 to gift the mail and story event 5 to gift the bow.
Edit: As for the combat I understand it can be quite tedious (that`s what the cheat module was added for) this is going to be the main focus for the next update cycle (0.2.x-0.3.0).

2.30 star(s) 7 Votes