Ren'Py Abandoned Earth's Sexiest Heroes [v0.11.0] [Kappuru Games]

2.30 star(s) 3 Votes

Tendou_Kia

Apr 10, 2017
Thank you for the feedback. Being consistent and faithful to the originals is one of our main focus point. We are aiming to make people fell immersed into the Marvel Universe. We are actually righting down every tip, suggestion and critic from this topic and making plans on how to add each and every one without losing consistency.

As for the complexity of the game, we will just need to make it work. Somehow. But, we want to create something unique. Even if it turns out too complex.

Mystique is actually in one of our stories. Might make an appearance in version 7 (if I'm not mistaken). Felicia Hardy is definitely appearing. And real soon. I'm looking into some tutorials on how to make fur on Blender to create her costume.

And LOL for the The Red Skull.

So sorry to hear that. I have no idea why that happens with you.
I guess we could look into making an Android/iOS versions. Might work on most smartphones these days.
Oh oh Awesome. Is there anyone i hsould know about too? lol

Reactions: Kappuru Games

Jeepster

Apr 17, 2018
Well, if I'm arresting a sexy villain, I might just want to get extra frisky if the opportunity were to present itself (if ya know what I mean). ;)
I mean i feel ya there... no i mean i don't feel You i feel them.. wait i mean... hot super villian... "as he trys to think before typing again" ....nope didn't work i'm brain dead... going on instinct. thats Illegal .... I would never! ... or would i lol "this is car 69 just letting ya know i'll be 10 x 10 for 30 mins over..." :D

Last edited:

Kappuru Games

Game Developer
Oct 16, 2018
Don't worry folks... we are going to have villains. Sooner rather than later.

What we talked about Hydra was only that we never thought about allowing player to join. That is all.
But, after the ideas came on this thread we sure as hell wrote it down. Good ideas should be explored, no doubt.

Until the end of this week we will be presenting two new characters. Stay tuned...

When do you steal Loki's staff and fuck Black Widow?
The staff probably once we introduce Asgard (yes... you will be able to travel there). As for the fucking... who knows? Might be next version or two after that... I guess people will have to keep playing it to see...

Last edited:
Reactions: Dilettante

anne O'nymous

I'm not grumpy, I'm just coded that way.
Modder
Donor
Respected User
Jun 10, 2017
I'll come back when the preference menu will be back.
Letting the player decide if he want to play full screen or not, how he want the skip feature to work, and at what speed he want to see the text would change anything to the game... and much for the said player.

Kappuru Games

Game Developer
Oct 16, 2018
I'll come back when the preference menu will be back.
Letting the player decide if he want to play full screen or not, how he want the skip feature to work, and at what speed he want to see the text would change anything to the game... and much for the said player.
We are remaking the preference menu. The full screen was something we didn't anticipated. So sorry for that.
The speed of text can be added too.

As for the skip feature I'm not sure if we are putting it back. Next version we are adding some timed options similar to games like Until Dawn, Detroit Become Human, Prince of Persia, etc. So skipping until that option might make the gameplay a little bit "confusing" or make the player miss that opportunity. The same problem occurs with the back option.

What do you guys think?

anne O'nymous

I'm not grumpy, I'm just coded that way.
Modder
Donor
Respected User
Jun 10, 2017
As for the skip feature I'm not sure if we are putting it back.
You understand that you didn't really removed it, right ? You removed the possibility to configure it and the button to activate it, that's all. Anyone hitting one of the four activation keys still have the possibility to skip.
And even if you removed the key binding related to it, the feature will still remain and can still be enabled from the console. So, removing the possibility to configure it just make it harder for players ; all those who'll know how to manually activate it don't necessarily also know how to manually configure it.

Next version we are adding some timed options similar to games like Until Dawn, Detroit Become Human, Prince of Persia, etc. So skipping until that option might make the gameplay a little bit "confusing" or make the player miss that opportunity.
Then just use the function. It exist especially for cases like this one. And if you fear that the player have configured it to keep skipping after choice, you can also directly force it to stop before the timed event :
Code:
    $ renpy.config.skipping = None

Reactions: libertypics

Kappuru Games

Game Developer
Oct 16, 2018
You understand that you didn't really removed it, right ? You removed the possibility to configure it and the button to activate it, that's all. Anyone hitting one of the four activation keys still have the possibility to skip.
And even if you removed the key binding related to it, the feature will still remain and can still be enabled from the console. So, removing the possibility to configure it just make it harder for players ; all those who'll know how to manually activate it don't necessarily also know how to manually configure it.

Then just use the function. It exist especially for cases like this one. And if you fear that the player have configured it to keep skipping after choice, you can also directly force it to stop before the timed event :
Code:
    $ renpy.config.skipping = None
Yes. I'm aware of that. Renpy is really easy to use but also to "crack". Which is not a bad thing in our case, IMO.
What we did was:
Code:
define config.allow_skipping = False
The console workaround still exists, but well... people can also decompile the files and change whatever they want. We don't mind that and honestly we are not going to waste time blocking things like that. We want to focus on the development of the game, the story and good looking images. Not fight the community that are playing the games.

As for the renpy.config.skipping I thought about that. Just not sure if it will work well enough. But, we'll give it a shot. If it is not confusing enough then we can add all the preferences menu back.

Reactions: Dilettante

Kappuru Games

Game Developer
Oct 16, 2018
anything but no sexy heroes here
yuck those faces
Too bad you disliked them. We are trying to diversify their body and faces for future characters. Who knows... the next one might be to your liking. :)

Last edited:

Dilettante

Jun 6, 2017
Loved the update and how the story is progressing. This "borrowing" of powers is interesting. Pretty sure we now know why male MC couldn't do it with Black Widow, but did with Kitty. :) She's amazing btw, and i'm looking forward for more of Black Widow.
anything but no sexy heroes here
yuck those faces
Wut? Some of men might be not for everyone's taste, but women are beautiful. I can say that even after playing bazillion similar Daz rendered games.
What do you guys think?
I think it might be interesting, but i'm not sure.

Last edited:

MR. Stiale

Game Developer
Sep 20, 2018
Mystique is the type of character that should only be added once we have a large amount of people. And the reason for that is her power is only versatile enough if you have people to change into. We have some stories planned for her. And IMHO, they will be awesome to play.
Unless she's already here, maybe that's why the male mc is having difficulty getting close to "Nat(?)":LOL:

Legend 123

May 28, 2018
As for the skip feature I'm not sure if we are putting it back. Next version we are adding some timed options similar to games like Until Dawn, Detroit Become Human, Prince of Persia, etc. So skipping until that option might make the gameplay a little bit "confusing" or make the player miss that opportunity. The same problem occurs with the back option.
I can see why u dont added skip button but why is rollback not working

Kappuru Games

Game Developer
Oct 16, 2018
If you're gonna do that be sure to inform the user of what fascism is.
Really important topic!!

Unless she's already here, maybe that's why the male mc is having difficulty getting close to "Nat(?)":LOL:
Who knows, right? What I'll tell is that Mystique is in our plans and she will be an amazing addition in my opinion.

Yeah... these things happen, don't pay attention to it, Widow is tasty as fuck <3
Not a problem. We take criticism really well. So comments like that makes us work harder. And, well... we can't please everybody.

I can see why u dont added skip button but why is rollback not working
The same. There is no point in having timed options if the player can just rollback. I guess this makes things a little harder to replay. But, we are also planing some branching visualization. So players will be able to go back to specific points in the story to see what would've happened if they chosen a different option. Which will become available after they've played once. I think this is specially important as the game gets bigger.

Last edited:
2.30 star(s) 3 Votes