• To improve security, we will soon start forcing password resets for any account that uses a weak password on the next login. If you have a weak password or a defunct email, please update it now to prevent future disruption.

Munchking

Oct 19, 2017
From what I understand, it's gonna be a fairly minor feature wherein you get to choose who you spend time with after school. I'm not a fan of sandboxes, and I have some concerns about how the choices will affect the main story, but damn folks.
Yeah that just sounds like a standard Free Time Mode to get extra scenes and content with your favorites. JRPGs and Visual Novels have been using those for decades. Not like a player would have to start jotting down schedules and all that nonsense.

Midolite

Jul 5, 2018
I never understood games that have to be split into parts. It kind of defeats the idea of playing "a" game. Then you play a "games" instead.
In this specific case is you would rather download 50 to 60go to play each update? suit yourself xD
more seriously, to some, like me, it would not be a problem because I would be able to download the hole thing in an hour but for some, that can be quite rough. The size means that the download time could be measured in days! for some, that's why it gets split and let's not forget bugs. The longer the game is the harder it become to iron out bugs. so to shorten my answer, it is purely for convenience :) ( I guess :Kappa:)

botc76

The Crawling Chaos, Bringer of Strange Joy
Donor
Oct 23, 2016
I find myself not even wanting to download this update. All this time and then there comes a tiny update we used to get after a month at the start?
And with a known bug, that they didn't even try to make work with the phone?

I'll wait how this goes, but for now I don't have much hope left for Ecchi Sensei. What a shame for a game that used to have fairly large sized regular updates and was fun to play.
For me, it is still a problem of just dreaming too big. Too many characters, too many features to be included, too much planned content etc..
And that for a first game, if only bluecat had just stuck to a manageable cast of characters and planned content.
All this, 365 playable days and dozens upon dozens of characters and locations. Just too much.

Last edited:

levelcap

Jun 27, 2017
"
I'm sorry, but an uncaught exception occurred.

While loading <'Image' u'mod/textbox.png'>:
Exception: Could not find font u'mod/Tahoma_Correct_Version.ttf'."

First week of the game and i get that error? anyone got a solution?

baloneysammich

Jun 3, 2017
"
I'm sorry, but an uncaught exception occurred.

While loading <'Image' u'mod/textbox.png'>:
Exception: Could not find font u'mod/Tahoma_Correct_Version.ttf'."

First week of the game and i get that error? anyone got a solution?
Sounds like you have saves (maybe just the persistent save file) from playing the game with lain's mod or something:

Exception: Could not find font u'mod/...

Week 1 Light Compressed Mega Link with DMP seems to have a LOT of Script Error
Off hand, it kind of sounds like patch install error.
Could be corrupt download though. Here's checksums for the archives I have:

Game (EcchiSensei-Week_1-light_compressed.zip)
CRC32: EAE7A53B
SHA256: 4C788499131FD5696C0A59278DB09B7FE9C27AB4200465313641EB603AB6B17D

Patch (EcchiSensei-Week_1_DMpatch.zip)
CRC32: B26244D4
SHA256: F132A42E36B9127879A0FBCC282348A00031E0E0B47F4A0EB0F58993CB1FEDE4

Shdo
See my previous post again, I had forgot to put Hitomi in the list, it is updated now.
I added Hitomi
Just curious, why was it necessary to add Hitomi? It seems like the best thing to do is just use the default value for the variable (from functions/phone/def.rpy), and the Hitomi record isn't in the default value.

I'm asking because I'm testing an alternate way to fix the problem and it would be a bit problematic if there's a chance more names will need to be added.

TanusMorken

Oct 9, 2019
Just curious, why was it necessary to add Hitomi? It seems like the best thing to do is just use the default value for the variable (from functions/phone/def.rpy), and the Hitomi record isn't in the default value.

I'm asking because I'm testing an alternate way to fix the problem and it would be a bit problematic if there's a chance more names will need to be added.
that's what i did in the file that i posted. I modified the def.rpy so it check if the key "message_labels" exist (that was the origin of the problem) and if not it adds the key initialized with an empty list.

Reactions: baloneysammich

Content_Consumer

Dec 24, 2019

Because it was throwing the error when trying to have the Hitomi conversation on the phone.

Unexpected Error

☠ ☠ ☠ ☠ ☠
Donor
Oct 17, 2018
Nice ... after I deleted everything including my savegames. *sights* Will wait for other updates and see how long it will take this time, not gonna play the whole day 1-23 just to wait for a year or more again. cheers

Edit: same goes for my pledge on patreon btw.

I really love this game and I am very happy, that it continues - but there is much trust lost that will have to be regained first. Good luck.

Last edited:

baloneysammich

Jun 3, 2017
that's what i did in the file that i posted. I modified the def.rpy so it check if the key "message_labels" exist (that was the origin of the problem) and if not it adds the key initialized with an empty list.
That seems like a better solution than what I was considering. Hopefully it wi

Because it was throwing the error when trying to have the Hitomi conversation on the phone.
That's a very good reason. It probably wouldn't have been an issue for what I was trying to do, but TanusMorken seems to have a better solution anyway.

4.10 star(s) 145 Votes