Pmktrn17

Aug 8, 2019
oh. well alrighty then. Cant access patreon tho. Not a member. All I get is a join this page when trying to look at stuff. But thanks.

Also tho. Think Bluecat might be short some days. Most months have 30 or 31 days. Even the shortest month has 28, so he's bit off on his 1 month, at 23 days.
No his 1 Month was suppose to be July, the game starts a few days into July so the 1 mouth was just July game days.

Reactions: baloneysammich

Ive-11

Sep 10, 2019
does some one have file folder in "Days"? i do need it cuz i want to delete/replace with new one, cuz i've been replaced with maim lain mod, or if anyone havn't see this folder(Days) quote pls,
*version first week(day1-7)
1654578533433.png

Spamdumpster

Dec 5, 2019
So I'm very...confused as to what specifically you need to get from a brand new "I've never seen this program before." perspective.

Even with reading the FAQ, there are some questions. IE,

The first links shown are:

"DAY 22-23 Final"

which shows as just over a gig This doesn't appear to be the full version.

"Week 3 -Days 15-21"

This is 2gigs. Again, not the full version it seems.

The only one that seems to be proper is

Week 1 - Days 1-7 Final

However, if you're up to week THREEand then some, this is extremely misleading. Can we get some clarification please?

Also, the full-download link is broken, as it seems to hang upon attempting to connect to Uploadhaven, Nopy has long since gone the way of the dodo, and the split links also don't seem to link up any longer.

PhoenixRage23

May 24, 2020
I was really surprised to see any activity by BlueCat after, what, 2 years of nothing? Not going to hold my breath waiting for regular updates again. Maybe in another 10 years, this game might actually be finished. 5 years of nothing being worked on at all, and a few updates every 6 to 8 months.

Nobles

Apr 15, 2022
Im a little confused too, like SpamDumpster

If I get this right.. I download the game Week 1, then another game week 2, and then week 3 and then final 22-23 days. So I should download all 4 games to play the full version. So do I dark patch all 4 games ? (I do like my games a bit spicy ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°) )? Dark patch link only shows 22-23 O_O

Rangina

Oct 15, 2019

If I get this right.. I download the game Week 1, then another game week 2, and then week 3 and then final 22-23 days. So I should download all 4 games to play the full version. So do I dark patch all 4 games ? (I do like my games a bit spicy ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°) )? Dark patch link only shows 22-23 O_O
Not that hard. And you got lots of content in each week.
Yes you have to download each part, patch each one, and play each one.
All Dark Mind patches can be found at Lewdpatcher on "view more" option under current version download link.
Not too confortable, but playable, they say there will be a month 1 version later this century to package all weeks.

Reactions: WolferQT

sdawg1234

Dec 1, 2019
Well we got an update. Considering this was a machine translated update I honestly don't think it was too bad. Some things here and there but not worse than what was before. I forgot most of the characters that were outside the family and even some that were so this felt like starting a game in the middle of it. I didn't experience any bugs in my playthrough so I'll take that as a win.

Overall the story has moved on a little and now we'll see where it goes from here if it goes anywhere at all considering the past 2 years. Would be nice to play this game on a regular update schedule, but I won't get my hopes up yet.

DylanDoom

Jul 2, 2017
Week 1 FAQ

I wrote this in large part to help people help others. If you asked a question and someone pointed you to this FAQ, be grateful and give them a (y)!

If a linked post was helpful, be sure to give it a (y)!

Q1: How is Week 1 different to the original three chapters?
A: Core content is mostly the same, a few features were added. It was largely a code rework.

Q2: Why so long for a code rework with little new content? :unsure:
A: It's complicated. The changelog gives a brief explanation.

Q3: Why so long for a code rework with little new content? :mad:
A: You don't deserve an answer.

Q4: What about the specials?
A: Halloween special is included in Week 1, though slightly different to the original. Other holiday specials are not included.

Q4b: What patch do I need for the specials?
A: On the lewdpatcher page, click "Show previous versions." A lot of links will appear, but most of them actually point to the same file. Download any one of them except "Week 1 Beta". Then copy the downloaded file to the folder named "game" in the Ecchi Sensei install.

Q5: What do i need to download?
A:
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

Q6: Android version?
A: There don't seem to be any plans for official Android versions after Week 1.

Q7: OMG! Why is full version so big?!?
A: Because the images and videos are uncompressed.

Q8: What is different about Full vs Compressed versions?
A: Image quality is reduced somewhat in light compressed and somewhat more in Heavy Compressed. There are no gameplay differences.

Q9: Ok, but how much is quality reduced in Compressed versions?
A: FWIW, most have said they can't tell the difference between Full and Light Compressed.

Q10: Why don't my old saves show up?
A: Week 1 is incompatible with saves from previous releases. Yes, this means you'll need a save from week 1 to use with future releases, and yes, it also means you have to start week 1 from scratch.

Q11: Who wants to hear me complain about the save incompatibility or the need to start from scratch?
A: No one.

Q12: Is there a walkthrough?
A: Unofficial walkthrough here. Note that Week 1 has a built in hints system that functions as a walkthrough. IMO the unofficial walkthrough is still worth downloading.

Q13: How do I install/enable/configure Dark Mind content?
A:
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

Q14: I get an error when extracting the Dark Mind patch archive.
A: If you used 7-zip to extract and got "Headers Error", it's believed you can safely ignore it as long as extraction progress made it to 100%. If you used something other than 7-zip to extract, try extracting with 7-zip instead. For all other cases, make a detailed post describing your problem.

Q15: Why is the Dark Mind patch so big?
A: Because unlike your average patch found on lewdpatcher, it contains images and videos.

Q16: OK, but why?
A: Patreon.

Q17: Is there a link to Dark Mind patch hosted somewhere other than Mega?
A: Direct links to the patch are prohibited by f95zone rules. If and when it's uploaded to another host, you'll find it on the lewdpatcher page.

Q18: Can someone provide a download with Dark Mind patch already installed?
A: No, again because of f95zone rules. Be a mensch and don't complain.

Q19: What's a mensch?
A: "A person of integrity or honour." For example, one might say that I'm a mensch for not responding with LMGTFY or an insulting meme, even though it's what you deserve for asking.

Q20: I get an error when extracting the archive and/or "Error -5 while decompressing data: incomplete or truncated stream" when playing the game.
A: You got a corrupt archive. Original Full - Single Link on Uploadhaven was corrupt and was fixed just a few hours ago. If you're having problems with something else, make a detailed post describing your problem.

Q21: I get an error running the game on Mac.
A: Fix it through command line or run it with Renpy Dev Kit.

Q22: What is the door code?
A: 5911.

-----

Please PM me with suggestions, additions, etc.
ok so ive read this but my sleep depreived brain is still a tad confused about Q5 and the downloads the day 22 and 23 are just that those 2 days not the full game right or is it the full game with the 2 new days

Ickerax

Feb 14, 2020
Think I picked up all the bug reports and such from last 30 pages and posted them onto Discord.
Phone is screwed but some helpful fixes and a new file has been posted.
Name change does not work.
Himiko is a Gen.3d :)

PS.. Now sure why Blue doing a Character poll, sure the fresh meat will win

Reactions: baloneysammich

Wer0

Game Developer
Aug 28, 2021
I thought I'll never see the day Ecchi Sensei would update again but here we are, one of the old gems I used to play and cant wait to download this (Even tho I don't remember a lot of the story tbh)

baloneysammich

Jun 3, 2017
How much quality is lost due to the compressed versions of each week? 16.6gb for week one down to just over 4gb is quite a drop but with the limit of 5gb with mega it will take a long time to download the full version. Thanks for any response.
IIRC the consensus was that there's very little difference between uncompressed and light compressed.

If you're a weirdo like me, this might be of some interest to you.

Wait please someone explain this to me please take the time in do it i will appreciate it

is this game still having the 2 first week with troubles?? i mean, i recall... playing this on 2019 or so and saw a lot of people complaining about the first 2 weeks being destroyed by coding or something like that! i played the first week ( i think) and stopped playing bcs time in my rl BUUUt im back and i want to know PLEASE if it's fixed or if my first weeks saves doesn t work with the next ones!
If you don't know exactly what you've played, it's hard to give you good help, but...

IIRC some people had issues with the phone that they may or may not have solved. That's the only serious, common issue I remember from back in the day that may not have gotten resolved.

If you have a save from the middle of Week 1 (the final, merged Week 1) you can continue playing Week 1. If you have a save from the end of Week 1, you can load it to start Week 2.

oh. well alrighty then. Cant access patreon tho. Not a member. All I get is a join this page when trying to look at stuff. But thanks.
There's no need to go to Patreon. The person you replied to quoted the post which copied the entire Patreon update.

So I'm very...confused as to what specifically you need to get from a brand new "I've never seen this program before." perspective.
ok so ive read this but my sleep depreived brain is still a tad confused about Q5 and the downloads the day 22 and 23 are just that those 2 days not the full game right or is it the full game with the 2 new days
There is no single download for everything so far. You need to dl Week 1, Week 2, Week 3, and D22-23 separately.

For the DM patches, you have to click 'Show previous versions' near the very bottom (yes, it's phenomenally shitty page design). Then you have to find the correct patch for each release.

I should probably update the FAQ for these issues. If any of y'all want to work with me on that feel free to send a DM.

16,6 gb for week 1 and only 2 gb for week 2? is it correct?
There are several 'versions' of W1. The one that's 16G is uncompressed. Go with the light compressed version.

Did anyone else notice the movie theater scene with a cat called Bluecat protecting his money? Wonder if that is a subtle nudge nudge wink wink to all the money he took for 2 years.
Self-awareness at least.
I hope the people giving him money actually notice the message.
I have a feeling it's there specifically for his supporters, or at least the regulars on his Discord (based on my occasional lurking there).

A bunch of whiney bitches said:
From what I understand, it's gonna be a fairly minor feature wherein you get to choose who you spend time with after school. I'm not a fan of sandboxes, and I have some concerns about how the choices will affect the main story, but damn folks.

Munchking

Oct 19, 2017
From what I understand, it's gonna be a fairly minor feature wherein you get to choose who you spend time with after school. I'm not a fan of sandboxes, and I have some concerns about how the choices will affect the main story, but damn folks.
Yeah that just sounds like a standard Free Time Mode to get extra scenes and content with your favorites. JRPGs and Visual Novels have been using those for decades. Not like a player would have to start jotting down schedules and all that nonsense.

4.10 star(s) 145 Votes