Conviction07

Game Developer
May 6, 2017
i dont want to be the bad guy here but.. well.. just my opinion

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
I agree with you. But since we’re using octane, it has a steeper learning curve than Iray which is why there are some visual issues. Don’t worry, these images were rendered months ago and we’ve learnt many things since then. So expect a significant quality upgrade for 0.2.

Conviction07

Game Developer
May 6, 2017
Just to clear something up for anyone who notices a striking resemblance to to another game, Revolt, be aware that this game is completely new. While it’s made by the same developer, a forced hiatus due to work commitments, and then losing the old writer, put Revolt in basically the dead zone. (Even though I’m still using a Revolt signature. So if anyone wants to make a new one, I’d more than appreciate it ;))

When I came on board a few months ago, the idea was to continue that same story. But with all the complications that came from taking over a game with several hanging plot threads, we thought it would be easier to just scrap what was there, and start fresh. But that was my idea, which Neo graciously accepted. And because I didn’t want the work he’d put into it previously to feel as though it were wasted, I tried to fit a significant amount of art into the new story I’d conceived of.

But other than the reusing of about 50% of the old game’s renders, Edge of Anarchy is completely new otherwise. Almost completely new dialogue, new engine and even the old art was re-rendered to a higher quality. Obviously it’s not perfect, but we’re doing everything we can to make each update markedly better than the last. Also, anyone concerned about it being a grindy sandbox game, don’t be. There will be zero grinding for money, stats or any kind of plot progression at all.

And if you’re wondering whether updates will be more regular than they were in Revolt, rest assured they will be. New characters and locations are already being worked on, and I’m well into writing the next script for 0.2.

Tiagolop

Sep 28, 2017
Love the Bladerunner/Outrun style.
How much content is there ? i know it says 0.1 but on occasion first releases have surprised me.

Reactions: neoXcity

TheKryptonian

Truth, Justice, and TheKryptonian way...
Donor
Nov 22, 2018
Another sandbox game designed to milk its patrons for very little content and tons of busywork... Yeah.. No thanks...

Kaelathor

Jun 3, 2018
Just to clear something up for anyone who notices a striking resemblance to to another game, Revolt, be aware that this game is completely new. While it’s made by the same developer, a forced hiatus due to work commitments, and then losing the old writer, put Revolt in basically the dead zone. (Even though I’m still using a Revolt signature. So if anyone wants to make a new one, I’d more than appreciate it ;))

When I came on board a few months ago, the idea was to continue that same story. But with all the complications that came from taking over a game with several hanging plot threads, we thought it would be easier to just scrap what was there, and start fresh. But that was my idea, which Neo graciously accepted. And because I didn’t want the work he’d put into it previously to feel as though it were wasted, I tried to fit a significant amount of art into the new story I’d conceived of.

But other than the reusing of about 50% of the old game’s renders, Edge of Anarchy is completely new otherwise. Almost completely new dialogue, new engine and even the old art was re-rendered to a higher quality. Obviously it’s not perfect, but we’re doing everything we can to make each update markedly better than the last. Also, anyone concerned about it being a grindy sandbox game, don’t be. There will be zero grinding for money, stats or any kind of plot progression at all.

And if you’re wondering whether updates will be more regular than they were in Revolt, rest assured they will be. New characters and locations are already being worked on, and I’m well into writing the next script for 0.2.
For sure! Looking forward to seeing what you got in store. Thank you for the clarification of what happened.

Canto Forte

Post Pro
Jul 10, 2017
Finally ... the links on revolt thread were giving away at the seams.
O K ... cop game on a cop out of a city ... after some series on android integration (almost human) ... some series on cop surveillance integration (apb <<search series cops billionaire philanthropist>>) some movies on the Rob o" Cop shenanigans ... this is the future ... I guess. I sure hope karl urban to be proud!

Conviction07

Game Developer
May 6, 2017
Another sandbox game designed to milk its patrons for very little content and tons of busywork... Yeah.. No thanks...
Actually, the reason for it being a sandbox is so we can give the player the sense of Hypnos being a living, breathing city with a multitude of characters, locations and stories to experience in a way which wouldn’t be possible in a linear visual novel. There will be zero grind in this game, and we’re commited to making each update content packed. But I guess since hating on sandbox games is so in right now, it’s okay for you to basically call us scammers before even giving us a chance. (y)

TheKryptonian

Truth, Justice, and TheKryptonian way...
Donor
Nov 22, 2018
Actually, the reason for it being a sandbox is so we can give the player the sense of Hypnos being a living, breathing city with a multitude of characters, locations and stories to experience in a way which wouldn’t be possible in a linear visual novel. There will be zero grind in this game, and we’re commited to making each update content packed. But I guess since hating on sandbox games are so in right now, it’s okay for you to basically call us scammers before even giving us a chance. (y)
Your right. It is unfair to judge so quickly. But it almost seems like all the devs had some secret meeting to discuss how to do as little work as possible and string patrons along. Lets hope this game becomes the exception to this new rule.

Not holding out much hope but we shall see...

Canto Forte

Post Pro
Jul 10, 2017
About the sandbox thingy ...
-> Make sure the watering hole has repetitive action and MC has the resources to visit said watering hole
-> That would make a lot of sense once the story events enter a hiatus due to time/development constraints
-> kind of like after each arch of the story MC can enjoy his spoils on the indefinite until story progresses.
Game on!

Reactions: Rhaegar Targaryen

B-52reloaded

Aug 25, 2018
Will there be a walkthrough or at least a guide for the game? There are so many characters ant paths one can too easily loose track of the game ... which would be a shame to be honest ..

Dripping

Feb 16, 2019
Not sure why you'd have a problem with sandbox games. Maybe linear visual novels are more your thing. Granted, some developers make their games a sandbox for lack of any engaging storyline, and just as an implmentation of random miniseries of fuck-renders, but if done well, a sandbox game can be very entertaining and end up with more story and more engaging storylines.
Whether it's engaging depends on the quality of the writer, while the amount of story depends on the writers commitment.

acac

Game Developer
Jun 22, 2018
I'm really digging the Bladerunner / Deus Ex vibe. I like the art style, especially with Stardust and Nova.

The only thing I really hope to get in a future release is maybe a quest board.

Cheers!

Pica-bu

Dec 21, 2017
Just to be clear - this game contains content from the previous game (Revolt)? Or from the predecessor just been taken couple renders and rest was made from scratch? Sorry if this question already been asked, but if it's a sandbox with the focus heavily on the story (which I perfectly fine) I just want to know that before I dig in.

Conviction07

Game Developer
May 6, 2017
Will there be a walkthrough or at least a guide for the game? There are so many characters ant paths one can too easily loose track of the game ... which would be a shame to be honest ..
If there's demand for it we'll make one. But for this version at least, there's really only one choice that you make during Samantha's storyline that will diverge significantly. You'll know what I'm talking about if you've played it.

Conviction07

Game Developer
May 6, 2017
Just to be clear - this game contains content from the previous game (Revolt)? Or from the predecessor just been taken couple renders and rest was made from scratch? Sorry if this question already been asked, but if it's a sandbox with the focus heavily on the story (which I perfectly fine) I just want to know that before I dig in.
About half of the content has been reused, albeit re-rendered to a higher quality, but the story and dialogue is completely new.

3.30 star(s) 3 Votes