VN Ren'Py Abandoned Edinburgh [v0.17] [Ricktor]

4.40 star(s) 5 Votes

the66

beware, the germans are cumming
Modder
Respected User
Donor
Jan 27, 2017
here is my unofficial android port of Edinburgh v.16.
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

from now on my android ports of Ren'Py games have a 2nd, persistent save location like windows. if you uninstall an app, the save files and persistent data remain intact.
therefore the app needs the permission to access the public external storage, because it has to read and write outside its own external storage directories.
you have to grant the permission or the app is shut down.

have fun and please report problems (you can reach me ).

Redmark453

Dec 8, 2018
In my opinion, the MC in the SUB route should be Gwen since it would be better to make Carl submissive and do what Gwen says and it is possible that Carl becomes a woman or succubus and in the DOM route the MC should be Carl Because he will have control over most of the girls since he will probably turn into a vampire and Gwen would become submissive and would not have as many chances to fuck with Jeoffrey unless Carl allows it or gives him permission ... Well Gwen so that I saw has sexual desire towards Jeoffrey and the relationship with Carl practically does not exist 5 chapters and they have not fucked once or kisses or hugs nothing seem friends instead of wife and husband.

KenneX

Apr 21, 2019
I really like the game: the plot, the graphics, different routes but:
1. There was no visible distinction between dom and sub paths. It's based on one choice (after couple of unsignificant choices) which doesn't even affect the following dialogues (they get rescued the same way) but affects whether Father dies or not, it doesn't make any fking sense.
2. After unknowingly finishing dom path it takes me back to this seemingly unsignificant choice so I can start sub path but I can't skip all the dialogues I've already read. I can choose the option "skip all text" but "previously read" should work too. 90% of those scenes are exactly the same.
3. Why the fk is there a pegging (dream?) scene on DOM path and why does the main character talk shit to Elizabeth in SUB path. The paths should be determined later - there should be another choice added before Fatty/Oldie enters the dungeon.

Reactions: Osamabeenfappin

Wildbill5150

Oct 6, 2018
Hi just read the dev notes so I have to ask sense the dev doesn't know what they mean I guess?
Is there ntr/cucking/sharing in this game? If so is it avoidable?

Thank you for your time :)

Ricktor

Jun 13, 2017
I really like the game: the plot, the graphics, different routes but:
1. There was no visible distinction between dom and sub paths. It's based on one choice (after couple of unsignificant choices) which doesn't even affect the following dialogues (they get rescued the same way) but affects whether Father dies or not, it doesn't make any fking sense.
2. After unknowingly finishing dom path it takes me back to this seemingly unsignificant choice so I can start sub path but I can't skip all the dialogues I've already read. I can choose the option "skip all text" but "previously read" should work too. 90% of those scenes are exactly the same.
3. Why the fk is there a pegging (dream?) scene on DOM path and why does the main character talk shit to Elizabeth in SUB path. The paths should be determined later - there should be another choice added before Fatty/Oldie enters the dungeon.
The short answer to your questions is, I didn't think things out very well. These are all very good points and I can see how I screwed up. Maybe if I made the Dom/Sub split later, I'm not sure. I am going to have to look at it again. This is a very good example of why you should at least have a good outline where your story is going before you start.(I did not, and it shows). Thank you for pointing these out, I will see if I can clean up a few things on the next update. Sorry, I kind of got overwhelmed and lost track where I was. This is harder than I thought. lol.

ipps

Dec 27, 2018
Total Femdom game (or not, it diverges - i somehow got the 'im sorry, the dom path ends here' screencap (without making a choice). But the femdom path exists and is, get this!, actually femdom.

How this doesnt have the tag yet is beyond me given the number of fd tagged games with narey a scene.

Point is...in the first scene you'll be all DANNI!!! but then your very unimportant gf slowly transitions. And i bet you'll be like me... wishing there was a 'shut the fuck up, OP!' option in the dialogue choices. Dialogue choices suck in parts 1 through, er, 5... sorry inventor. I aint punching danni in a bazillion years even with plot armor homophobia. I aint also holding to that opinion after about part three. Im rolling with this. Its your story (and im really happy you want to tell it.) My asshole is a basic black hole by this point just to be clear.

Point is... point is... this is a femdom game that hits the absolute beats. You, OP, are a fucking moron. Your fiance is coming into her power (and dear god is she amazing as she moves up the ladders). You keep 'trying to save her from her new power and looking like surplus to requirements (to all those succubae (is that the actual plural google translate?). You are stupidly slow on the uptake. Stupidly manipulable (not a word). Youre out of your absolute depth, donny.'.

Or you could go the vampire path that dies at chapter 6 because there is no chapter six for subs or doms. The game ends right there.

So lets go style. This is important to all subs. We dont want no wallflower. It TRANSITIONS. GF goes from a vapid bubblehead to a true, brutal mistress at the end of chapter 5 (including goth appearance changes - god, i love goth appearance changes - the outfits are superb (sub moron perspective) by the way).

Game delivers about 3-4 hours (currently) of a genuine sub route. And lets be honest, designer is clearly "ONE OF US, ugachaga!...". The dom path exists for exposure. This is an underrated fd gem because either the author or f95 wants to keep it on the downlow. Play it.

Actually one more thing... those unskippable transitions (as we zoom in or out on a transition) can fucking eat it (please let me spacebar/skip them).

Last edited:
Reactions: madhatter11

ipps

Dec 27, 2018
Total Femdom game (or not, it diverges - i somehow got the 'im sorry, the dom path ends here' screencap (without making a choice). But the femdom path exists and is, get this!, actually femdom.

How this doesnt have the tag yet is beyond me given the number of fd tagged games with narey a scene.

Point is...in the first scene you'll be all DANNI!!! but then your very unimportant gf slowly transitions. And i bet you'll be like me... wishing there was a 'shut the fuck up, OP!' option in the dialogue choices. Dialogue choices suck in parts 1 through, er, 5... sorry inventor. I aint punching danni in a bazillion years even with plot armor homophobia. I aint also holding to that opinion after about part three. Im rolling with this. Its your story (and im really happy you want to tell it.) My asshole is a basic black hole by this point just to be clear.

Point is... point is... this is a femdom game that hits the absolute beats. You, OP, are a fucking moron. Your fiance is coming into her power (and dear god is she amazing as she moves up the ladders). You keep 'trying to save her from her new power and looking like surplus to requirements (to all those succubae (is that the actual plural google translate?). You are stupidly slow on the uptake. Stupidly manipulable (not a word). Youre out of your absolute depth, donny.'.

Or you could go the vampire path that dies at chapter 6 because there is no chapter six for subs or doms. The game ends right there.

So lets go style. This is important to all subs. We dont want no wallflower. It TRANSITIONS. GF goes from a vapid bubblehead to a true, brutal mistress at the end of chapter 5 (including goth appearance changes - god, i love goth appearance changes - the outfits are superb (sub moron perspective) by the way).

Game delivers about 3-4 hours (currently) of a genuine sub route. And lets be honest, designer is clearly "ONE OF US, ugachaga!...". The dom path exists for exposure. This is an underrated fd gem because either the author or f95 wants to keep it on the downlow. Play it.

Actually one more thing... those unskippable transitions (as we zoom in or out on a transition) can fucking eat it (please let me spacebar/skip them).
Oh, and i loved granny succubus. I mean, i also love heels/pert granny succubus. But she was totally unique as a nana succubus.

stacytv

Sep 6, 2019
Rapidly becoming one of my fav games.....the latest update was brilliant, pushed all my buttons :p

I hope we don't have to wait long for the next chapter.

Ricktor

Jun 13, 2017

I would like to thank you for your in depth review. This is my first time at making a story, writing code(although I understand very little), and using Daz Studio. I'm trying to learn all three at the same time, and to get constructive criticism helps out quite a bit. The unskippable transitions will have to go, it wasn't a good idea. My dilemma, maybe you could help me out. I have points I need to make, but there is no dialog only the render to let you know what is going on. I need to find a better way of getting this across. I know some developers use self-thought to do the same thing, but I think a lot of people get tired of a bunch of characters own thoughts to read through as well. Maybe there is a acceptable mix, or maybe something totally unique, I'm not sure, but always open for suggestions.

Ricktor

Jun 13, 2017
the whorst game y ever played stupid
Well damn. At least I can take a little pride at being the best of the worst. lol. Sorry to waste your time, this is really harder than I thought. If you are into this kind of stuff I would suggest you check out Estate Dominate. That is fantastic, the developer is top notch, and the game is outstanding. I would be happy to reach a point where my game is half as good as his. (my next one).

Ricktor

Jun 13, 2017
Rapidly becoming one of my fav games.....the latest update was brilliant, pushed all my buttons :p

I hope we don't have to wait long for the next chapter.
Well you win, the most positive response yet, although brilliant might be a stretch, but hell I will take it. I wish I could move faster, its really the PC hardware I have that slows everything down. Renders take forever. If you don't mind me asking, is there a specific part or direction you particularly like and would like to see more of?

Reactions: LadyBoyJay

stacytv

Sep 6, 2019
For me personally it's the sissification/feminization elements, there are only a few 3D games that get this right. Usually it's all done very fast so really glad you have decided to slow it down and make it last longer. I know a slow transformation isn't for everybody but hey if we all liked the same things the world would be a dull place :D

whichone

Forum Fanatic
Jan 3, 2018
Not played your game yet (based upon some remarks I will likely wait till update 0.6:p), but be careful about changing your game based upon requests of players or remarks. it is good to be open to ideas and remarks and wishes of players inasfar as they fit your game, but it is up to you what story you wish to tell and where you want to focus your game and what it strengths will be and communicate that, possibly use planned tags in a dev note for that.

Any choice you make about fetishes, more MC focused play style or more NPC focused will have both fans and haters. So just make a game you want to make and gives you fun and do not let it become a mess by trying to please all of us, since chance is else it will please none including yourself and that last would be the greatest pity with the time you put into it creating the game.
Well said, sir!
Can please some of the people, some of the time.
Not all of the people, all of the time.

Well damn. At least I can take a little pride at being the best of the worst. lol. Sorry to waste your time, this is really harder than I thought. If you are into this kind of stuff I would suggest you check out Estate Dominate. That is fantastic, the developer is top notch, and the game is outstanding. I would be happy to reach a point where my game is half as good as his. (my next one).
I played Estate Dominate, it did start well.
It almost felt like Starless, at first.
As far as criticism goes, it would a lot more helpful if it were constructive and gave a clue as to why(!) they thought it was "the whorst (sic) game".
If they would just be precise, explain what is not liked, then maybe, just maybe, it can be resolved so that they would like it.
Seems counterintuitive to just straight slam something, without providing reasoning for why it's being slammed.

Last edited:

Lucress

Dec 10, 2019
Hey, this may be a silly questions but, how does this game play exactly ? Like, is it following dialogues and clicking on choices ? Are there any fights ? Choosing sides, etc ? :unsure:

Ricktor

Jun 13, 2017
Hey, this may be a silly questions but, how does this game play exactly ? Like, is it following dialogues and clicking on choices ? Are there any fights ? Choosing sides, etc ? :unsure:
No, its just a VN, I really don't know why they call them games, all they are is a story basically. This one is going to be very very basic, seeing its my first attempt at all this stuff. You basically have a few dialogue choices(very few), and how you choose will send you to 1 of 5 endings. That's about it. I am trying to make it as simple as possible, so I can learn the basics of RenPy, and also because I swore to myself, that if I started it, I was going to finish it.

Reactions: LadyBoyJay
4.40 star(s) 5 Votes