Winkel

Jan 16, 2019
Indeed, there are different ways to approach translation and the number of liberties taken depends on the translator.

In the case of the ES fan patch, only H-scenes (and a small amount of rewriting to fit PS3 content in some scripts) were done by Surferdude. All non-H scripts use the official translation from PS3 (which may differ from the official translation from JAST).

While I respect Surferdude for his work, he's not a professional translator. So you need to take this into account.

Reactions: APoc1

Elven_D

Sep 10, 2017
Just a recommendation, I highly suggest anyone who is looking to play this, just play the gold edition. It's uploaded by as well.

APoc1

Apr 22, 2018
Just a recommendation, I highly suggest anyone who is looking to play this, just play the gold edition. It's uploaded by as well.
The games are different though. the stories are different as well as many other things. I recommended playing both my self.

kratoscar2008

Sep 28, 2018
The original game and GOLD are very different games. I think the original game has a more emotional story and the game has completely different events.
Both are worth playing and going back to this one after GOLD might be hard for some people.

pr83

May 5, 2017
Uh, a bit confused here, which version of the game should I get? Fan translatated or JUST USA? What are the pro and cons of each? Any content difference? I know it prbly has been asked and got answered here before but a re-explanation would be much appreciated.

Feb 19, 2018
Uh, a bit confused here, which version of the game should I get? Fan translatated or JUST USA? What are the pro and cons of each? Any content difference? I know it prbly has been asked and got answered here before but a re-explanation would be much appreciated.
First post theres a version differences section

Feb 19, 2018
Oops thanks. Forgot to use my eyes.
Edit: Quick question: So is it ok to assume that the fan translated version has mosaic censorship?
Not sure, I only played the JAST one, but the first post says Censored : No so I am assuming its not for either versions.

Reactions: pr83

glaufo

Jun 12, 2020
I was plannig to pick this game on the summer sale on steam, is the 1.4 patch in the original post the one people have been saying you have to buy from the dev store to get the cut content? Does it work on the steam version?

otaloidotaku

Apr 3, 2018
does anybody here have the steam director cut dlc file?
the 1.4 patch on the first page does not work with my steam copy of the game

Lambanomai

Oct 9, 2019
Hi, newbie here, I'm kinda of new to this king of games, any strategy hints or something like a strategy guide to share?

nova7

Oct 24, 2019
bro, what is the difference between JAST USA and fan-translation, and the difference between save file and jastusa 1.4 patch ?

4.20 star(s) 13 Votes