Avaron1974

Resident Lesbian
Aug 22, 2018
It's a bit early to say that. It's not like any of them have said that (not that I've noticed anyway).
Not too early at all, they diverge the paths for a reason.

Harems in settings like this look ridiculous. It takes either a game that doesn't take itself too seriously or a high fantasy that's based around a harem.

Reactions: youngethan

Xarin

Apr 29, 2018

Harems in settings like this look ridiculous. It takes either a game that doesn't take itself too seriously or a high fantasy that's based around a harem.
The game has a girl that's traveled from the future so the MC can get laid (among other things), I don't know how serious the game is supposed to be.

-CookieMonster666-

Devoted Member
Nov 20, 2018

The game wont feature a harem so dont go into it looking for that experience or else you will only set yourself up for disappointment.
The game has a girl that's traveled from the future so the MC can get laid (among other things), I don't know how serious the game is supposed to be.
It's not happening. We've actually been specifically told there won't be a harem, so trying somehow to work it into a possibility is fruitless.
KnottyGames said:
At the start of Week 4, you will be on a route that focuses entirely on 1 girl. This last week is determined by all previous choices.
At the end of Week 4, the game ends and one of several endings occurs for the girl.
I would highly suggest either choosing a single girl and focusing on her in your only playthrough, or using several saves (space them out every 20 save pages or so, I'd say), each focusing on a different girl for multiple playthroughs.

-CookieMonster666-

Devoted Member
Nov 20, 2018
Oh no, you know what you have just done. Shite is gonna hit the fan now. No Harem bleep,bleep bleep bleep bleep
The funny thing is that I actually quite like harems in games. Cuntswell Academy, Denos City, Echoes of Lust, Erodio, False Hero, A Family Venture, A Knight's Tale, My New Family, Polarity, Power Vacuum, and Sisterly Lust are just a few of the harem (or harem-possible) / polyamory games I've played or am playing. (Clearly some of these are games you love too.) So I understand at least somewhat the disappointment that this game won't have a harem. But it's not the only thing that makes a game fun to me, so I'm still very much enjoying Element-174.

tazaaron

Donor
Oct 18, 2019
Harem is alright but honestly prefer something like Acting Lesson with story and choices that matter not going around banging everything with no repercussions. Theres 100s of harem games and the differences between them arnt much anymore, same story over and over thats why this is different.

That being said not having Harem is almost as bad as a certain fetish i will leave unnamed. The Harem/incest fans complain on every thread which doesnt have it.

Reactions: youngethan

abagel

Apr 27, 2018
Honestly....I may have gotten way too excited for this update. I love this game, I really do. Part of that I think was all the branching paths and need to have multiple saves when I first dove in before the last update. I got to play up until the first big plot reveal with
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
. And honestly, I got excited to feel like that again and play through more content but....playing this update last night, I got maybe 4 scenes at the most? On multiple saves (8 which I usually use) which I had made alternating choices on and focused on different girls. I got a Madison scene, a Rachel scene, the Holmes and Penny scene and....that was it. Like I said, I chalk it up to my own expectations, but I certainly hope that this game doesn't burn out or slow down because I am so in love with what I've been playing.

Reactions: KnottyGames

-CookieMonster666-

Devoted Member
Nov 20, 2018
Honestly....I may have gotten way too excited for this update. I love this game, I really do. Part of that I think was all the branching paths and need to have multiple saves when I first dove in before the last update. I got to play up until the first big plot reveal with
. And honestly, I got excited to feel like that again and play through more content but....playing this update last night, I got maybe 4 scenes at the most? On multiple saves (8 which I usually use) which I had made alternating choices on and focused on different girls. I got a Madison scene, a Rachel scene, the Holmes and Penny scene and....that was it. Like I said, I chalk it up to my own expectations, but I certainly hope that this game doesn't burn out or slow down because I am so in love with what I've been playing.
When you say "scene", I assume you're referring to erotic scenes. I would say that is to be expected; different women move at different speeds. Isabelle, for instance, wouldn't really just jump into bed with anyone. The following girls all have some kind of nudity or erotic scenes as of this latest update, some of which you already know:
You may not be on all of these paths, and some of these may not have "counted" in your mind, but there were definitely more than only 4 girls being naughty/intimate in this part.

abagel

Apr 27, 2018
When you say "scene", I assume you're referring to erotic scenes. I would say that is to be expected; different women move at different speeds. Isabelle, for instance, wouldn't really just jump into bed with anyone. The following girls all have some kind of nudity or erotic scenes as of this latest update, some of which you already know:
You may not be on all of these paths, and some of these may not have "counted" in your mind, but there were definitely more than only 4 girls being naughty/intimate in this part.
I definitely do count erotic scenes a little heavier given the nature of this site and the games here, but I wouldn't say it's my only criteria. I actually enjoy scenes just as much without sex, even with nudity alone, if not more. But that's also not a criteria for me. In this point in the game I was just hoping to see a similar volume of events for the average day as I had been seeing before, but I suppose sometimes it's going to be luck of the draw, that's true. My own choices in the game could lead to more or less given what paths I'm on. I guess the point I'm trying to make is that even if it weren't a route specific erotic scene, even more story scenes or funny interactions in between would have made me happy.

I want to absolutely reiterate that this remains, IMO one of my favorite games here and one of the more creative and interesting premises, both from a story and gameplay perspective. I worried a little after my post last night about discouraging the developer of one of my favorite projects and potentially shooting myself in the foot, but also had to decide that the best feedback is honest feedback, and that's not going to have a general consensus. We all have different opinions here, and that's ok.

wolfy7777

Jul 27, 2017
Well I think the game could be great, "if" I could get beyond the built in NTR. Doesn't matter what route I take, What answers I get (and I have changed it up every play thru) The story ends day 7 in a cave with Zoey. I have not progressed beyond that. Maybe thats the patreon download, I don't know. I read thru a few walkthroughs (not one has the correct choices it seems), tried my own routes with different girls, different choices, all the same. Like I said it has potential, but I'm bored when it ends Day 7. So I say nay. Thanks for the effort.

RoryTate

May 15, 2018
The story ends day 7 in a cave with Zoey.
There is a credits roll at that point, yes, but if you click on the credits or press any key the game progresses for three more days (up to day 10) with a lot more content afterwards. The transition can be a bit confusing since there is no indication that the game hasn't ended.

Reactions: KnottyGames

wolfy7777

Jul 27, 2017
Thank you! Sorry I have played this thru many updates (one that ended at day 7) So I assumed it was the same ending when I saw the credits. I am sure that it has been said in the forums before to and I chalk not seeing that to my own laziness. Again thank you!

• Haha
Reactions: tazaaron

-CookieMonster666-

Devoted Member
Nov 20, 2018
I definitely do count erotic scenes a little heavier given the nature of this site and the games here, but I wouldn't say it's my only criteria. I actually enjoy scenes just as much without sex, even with nudity alone, if not more. But that's also not a criteria for me. In this point in the game I was just hoping to see a similar volume of events for the average day as I had been seeing before, but I suppose sometimes it's going to be luck of the draw, that's true. My own choices in the game could lead to more or less given what paths I'm on. I guess the point I'm trying to make is that even if it weren't a route specific erotic scene, even more story scenes or funny interactions in between would have made me happy.

I want to absolutely reiterate that this remains, IMO one of my favorite games here and one of the more creative and interesting premises, both from a story and gameplay perspective. I worried a little after my post last night about discouraging the developer of one of my favorite projects and potentially shooting myself in the foot, but also had to decide that the best feedback is honest feedback, and that's not going to have a general consensus. We all have different opinions here, and that's ok.
Yeah, it definitely depends on the routes you've chosen. For instance, there was a very nice scene with Isabella in this last release, one that I think was great for adding depth to her character. It was one of my favorite scenes from this release, actually, despite the lewd content elsewhere in this version. I also enjoyed the Trisha content, even though it also wasn't lewd at all this time (well, unless you hadn't gotten a previous scene yet). While I enjoy eroticism (obviously, or I wouldn't be on this site), I definitely put heavy stock in storyline and character development. I absolutely love what Knotty has done so far: not only is the story intriguing, but so are the characters. I'm very connected to several of them so far, and I love it.

RoryTate

May 15, 2018
not only is the story intriguing, but so are the characters
That echoes my thoughts as well. After binging a lot of the paths over the last few days, the one determination that's coalesced for me is that most of the love interests have motivations that are very compelling and interesting. For example:

Many of these characters also have other secrets and surprises that I expect will be revealed soon, plus various interesting minor traits that add to their richness, and while there are a few that I don't find particularly exciting as love interests, almost all of them – even the ones I didn't list above – are fun to read about and I'm looking forward to see where their stories go from here.

Xarin

Apr 29, 2018
That echoes my thoughts as well. After binging a lot of the paths over the last few days, the one determination that's coalesced for me is that most of the love interests have motivations that are very compelling and interesting. For example:

Many of these characters also have other secrets and surprises that I expect will be revealed soon, plus various interesting minor traits that add to their richness, and while there are a few that I don't find particularly exciting as love interests, almost all of them – even the ones I didn't list above – are fun to read about and I'm looking forward to see where their stories go from here.
What about Sarah? Is she just high 24/7?

RoryTate

May 15, 2018
I don't know much about Sarah. TBH she didn't really interest me, and on a lot of the character walkthroughs her path was "non-viable", so I never even got drawn into it as a side story like I was with Jules, Trish, or Ash. It doesn't seem like she's very popular in general with the fanbase either, so I think the dev hasn't put as much time into fleshing out her backstory as with other characters.

And Emma, I'd say she's my favorite so far
Emma's curiousity and openness are indeed great; she seems a bit more normal and down-to-earth in her motivations to uncover "secrets" in town, so I didn't mention her in the list because of that. I really do want to see her reaction to finding out about some or all of the wild and strange happenings in Branchfield. She should be very excited at the information...and "appreciative" towards the MC for sharing those tidbits too I would think. ;)

Like I said, even the ones I didn't include are characters whose stories interest me. Katy and Rachel are two that I really like and find attractive, but I didn't mention them because they don't have as distinct of backstories as the others (at least not yet...considering they're both friends of Zoey I wouldn't be surprised if they have one or two secrets of their own). Still, even if they remain their everyday selves and don't turn out to be secret agents sent from an alternate reality or something like that, they're still both really hot and sexy, and that's definitely not a bad thing to be in an adult VN.

Honestly, there are at least a couple other stories I could name on this site that I can respect because they're decently well-written, popular, and well-crafted VNs, but the more those stories seem to try everything to elevate themselves above being "just fap material", the more they just turn their "love interests" into something bland and unattractive to a general reader I find. Being ambitious like that is okay, but you can't do so in neglect of – or in opposition to – the ultimate foundation of a good adult VN: having attractive and compelling love interests. In that respect, I'm very glad that Element 174 has an embarrassment of riches when it comes to hot and sexy women to meet and interact with. There are too many other games out there that drop the ball on this simplest of concepts.

-CookieMonster666-

Devoted Member
Nov 20, 2018
I'm pretty sure she's not high as often as it seems. She is often, but not always. In fact, in this latest update, I don't think she's high at all when the MC visits her. The description says "With quick reflexes, Sarah jumps in front of me and then sits down". Also, her handjob is described as "masterful". I don't think I've ever met someone currently high whom I'd describe as having "quick reflexes" or being "masterful" in something requiring any kind of dexterous skill. I could be wrong, but those types of things don't sound to me like she's high.

3.80 star(s) 40 Votes