VN Ren'Py Elite Garden [Ep.4] [A&K Studio]

4.30 star(s) 51 Votes

allanl9020142

Aug 23, 2018
Only had sex with 1 girl and got a BJ from another. Might be a while.
No big deal. I wasn't really feeling the writing anyway from when I last played and I was just messing around.

Still, the one thing I'm interested in is the sister. I remember the sister easily being the hottest character with everyone else just playing second fiddle. But I think someone said that she wasn't ever going to be an LI. However, a recent review said something about how there are hints for that happening. Any thoughts on that?

Dessolos

Devoted Member
Jul 25, 2017
No big deal. I wasn't really feeling the writing anyway from when I last played and I was just messing around.

Still, the one thing I'm interested in is the sister. I remember the sister easily being the hottest character with everyone else just playing second fiddle. But I think someone said that she wasn't ever going to be an LI. However, a recent review said something about how there are hints for that happening. Any thoughts on that?
The sister hotter than 1724604599138.png

I disagree.

Joking aside I cant really say never got around to the update but I really don't see her being a LI or promoted to one . Right now the family feels to wholesome and normal for it to make sense

flaviopaganini

Feb 25, 2024

Certainly, she won't be a love interest; the focus of the game is to make her beautiful so that we feel jealous and protect her from other men who come near her. But the biggest concern we have right now is that this game doesn't get abandoned.

Reactions: allanl9020142

Dessolos

Devoted Member
Jul 25, 2017
Certainly, she won't be a love interest; the focus of the game is to make her beautiful so that we feel jealous and protect her from other men who come near her. But the biggest concern we have right now is that this game doesn't get abandoned.
Yeah this is one game if it gets hit with that abandoned tag would suck more than most games for me. It's one of my favorite games right now even over some of the more popular ones even if some of those popular ones are technically better games

flaviopaganini

Feb 25, 2024
Yeah this is one game if it gets hit with that abandoned tag would suck more than most games for me. It's one of my favorite games right now even over some of the more popular ones even if some of those popular ones are technically better games
You can tell they aren't very enthusiastic on Patreon; there hasn't been an increase in supporters. I feel like they released this episode a bit incomplete because it was what they had, and they're deciding now whether to continue or not. It's been a month since they posted anything. Not even a preview like they used to.

allanl9020142

Aug 23, 2018
the focus of the game is to make her beautiful so that we feel jealous and protect her from other men who come near her.
I'm sorry. I'm actually still kind of tired from the week so I'm not sure whether that's sarcasm. If it isn't, then ... oh well. It's whatever. Not a big deal.

But the biggest concern we have right now is that this game doesn't get abandoned.
Yea, that's been happening a lot lately haha. I wouldn't be surprised. To be blunt and maybe cynical, there's nothing much that makes it stand out. Maybe back in the day, it would've been enough to garner a sizeable following but I don't know about these days.

I've finally made some time now to play stuff but as I was browsing through stuff it just made me think this whole AVN thing has definitely peaked and is on the decline. There are a lot of reasons why I think that but it's also getting pretty hard to think of anything that's popped up in recent years (around 2020 and on) that just hasn't fizzled out. Of the VNs that have been around longer, most of them are just taking longer and longer to update. Which wouldn't be that bad if the updates weren't so damn disappointing every single time.

If this VN follows the trend, you're basically just looking at:

1. A high likelihood of being abandoned
2. Incredibly long time periods between updates and whatever comes out isn't even going to be fat dump on your face. It's just going to be a small "plop".

Pick your poison, I guess.

flaviopaganini

Feb 25, 2024
I'm sorry. I'm actually still kind of tired from the week so I'm not sure whether that's sarcasm. If it isn't, then ... oh well. It's whatever. Not a big deal.
It wasn't sarcasm, the developer wants you to have empathy for her because they want to work with the conflicts between the siblings. In episode 2, there was already a conflict that unfortunately hasn't been resolved yet. That guy who became the antagonist bet with him that he would get with the sister. If she were ugly in an AVN, most players wouldn't even care about this.

flaviopaganini

Feb 25, 2024
Yea, that's been happening a lot lately haha. I wouldn't be surprised. To be blunt and maybe cynical, there's nothing much that makes it stand out. Maybe back in the day, it would've been enough to garner a sizeable following but I don't know about these days.

I've finally made some time now to play stuff but as I was browsing through stuff it just made me think this whole AVN thing has definitely peaked and is on the decline. There are a lot of reasons why I think that but it's also getting pretty hard to think of anything that's popped up in recent years (around 2020 and on) that just hasn't fizzled out. Of the VNs that have been around longer, most of them are just taking longer and longer to update. Which wouldn't be that bad if the updates weren't so damn disappointing every single time.

If this VN follows the trend, you're basically just looking at:

1. A high likelihood of being abandoned
2. Incredibly long time periods between updates and whatever comes out isn't even going to be fat dump on your face. It's just going to be a small "plop".

Pick your poison, I guess.
I believe the pandemic led to many developers who were working from home to start working on visual novels, especially after the success of BADIK and SG. But with the end of the pandemic, I think many had to return to working locally and are no longer able to deliver on time.

allanl9020142

Aug 23, 2018
It wasn't sarcasm, the developer wants you to have empathy for her because they want to work with the conflicts between the siblings. In episode 2, there was already a conflict that unfortunately hasn't been resolved yet. That guy who became the antagonist bet with him that he would get with the sister. If she were ugly in an AVN, most players wouldn't even care about this.
Thanks, that's what I wanted to know. Was kinda the only reason I was paying attention to this. That being said, I wish nothing but the best for the devs and good luck.

Justaphase

May 1, 2024
Damn no patreon posts for over a month when it had been pretty frequent before, definitely not a good sign.
I think that people have been burned so many times by financially supporting devs who just abandon their projects sometimes without any warning, that they are reluctant to do so unless they see real commitment to the project.
Sometimes even then, I mean look at the Heart Problems dev. He was earning thousands a month through Patreon and now it's just gone, unfinished and seems to be abandoned.
I will be sad if Elite Garden gets abandoned, I wanted to see some more Kiara :cry:

MiltonPowers

Forum Fanatic
Jul 26, 2023
Damn no patreon posts for over a month when it had been pretty frequent before, definitely not a good sign.
I think that people have been burned so many times by financially supporting devs who just abandon their projects sometimes without any warning, that they are reluctant to do so unless they see real commitment to the project.
Sometimes even then, I mean look at the Heart Problems dev. He was earning thousands a month through Patreon and now it's just gone, unfinished and seems to be abandoned.
I will be sad if Elite Garden gets abandoned, I wanted to see some more Kiara :cry:
A world without Kiara would be a very sad world. :cry::cry::cry:

sad-world.jpg

• Sad
Reactions: Justaphase

flaviopaganini

Feb 25, 2024
I supported them from the beginning, but they never received more than $300 in support. They started to lose motivation and posted less after the release of the second chapter. The fact that the game took a while to have more intimate interactions with the love interests contributed to its lack of popularity. Unfortunately, for this type of game, which is more of a romance simulator, the audience is more accustomed to consuming Japanese VNs. And even they are going through a crisis.

I myself stopped supporting when I saw that something was wrong, and the devs weren't communicating, not even on Discord.

Justaphase

May 1, 2024
I supported them from the beginning, but they never received more than $300 in support. They started to lose motivation and posted less after the release of the second chapter. The fact that the game took a while to have more intimate interactions with the love interests contributed to its lack of popularity. Unfortunately, for this type of game, which is more of a romance simulator, the audience is more accustomed to consuming Japanese VNs. And even they are going through a crisis.

I myself stopped supporting when I saw that something was wrong, and the devs weren't communicating, not even on Discord.
I think that if someones primary motivation for starting a project like this is financial, then they are dooming themselves from the start. I've been around long enough to see that this definitely isn't some "get rich quick" method. Most devs don't see much money for years and will probably be paying out alot more than they get for quite some time.
Personally I much prefer the "romance" element of good AVN's to the lewd stuff. Just look at Intertwined, the lewd scenes aren't great IMO but I love it, it's one of my favourites.

Rodrigoofb

Aug 24, 2020
I think that if someones primary motivation for starting a project like this is financial, then they are dooming themselves from the start. I've been around long enough to see that this definitely isn't some "get rich quick" method. Most devs don't see much money for years and will probably be paying out alot more than they get for quite some time.
A lot of devs probably see some outliers games that exploded in terms of popularity and think their game will be the same, and when it doesn't happen, they get discouraged and abandon, a tale as old as time.

den_tiger

Feb 16, 2022
Does the dev visit this page? There's an error in the code. I keep wondering why I'm not triggering catherine_points >= 9.
It's because of this. There's a missing = sign.

Screen Shot 2024-08-30 at 10.35.07 AM.png

Jan 13, 2021

Hi everyone!
I'm sorry for this very late dev log update after last episode's release. I started a new job recently so it's been a little bit stressful.
I hope you have enjoyed Episode 4, and are excited for Episode 5 who is already in development. So far, 4 scenes have been posed and rendered and Atton is working on scene 5.
As previously said, upcoming updates will be around the same length in order to shorten the waiting time in-between releases. And since we won't try with animations again, you shouldn't have to wait very long for the next episode.
I know some players have been disappointed with E4, it took quite a long time and it was a short episode, but hopefully, going forward, we can shorten that waiting time and have constant new updates for you guys. We were aiming for at least, 3 releases this year and we're on our way to achieve that so it's good.
That's all for this update.
Once again, thank you for your support!
Have a nice weekend,
K

:)

4.30 star(s) 51 Votes