3.80 star(s) 18 Votes

For those who finished CH1 Part II, who is your favorite girl so far?

• Total voters

Mystic

Elleria - Developer
Donor
Game Developer
Nov 24, 2019
Still curious how her hat would suit magnus...it's worth a try, even if he needs to evade some fireballs :ROFLMAO:
It's good Aria can cook, that dragon is still up for BBQ.
Well, as luck would have it for you in this moment. I am working on final part of Chapter I ( Wrap up ). So...

I decided to shove Aria's hat on Eliot for a laugh. 1710162009625.png

As you can clearly see, I'm afraid it doesn't fit nor suit him like it does Aria.

Mystic

Elleria - Developer
Donor
Game Developer
Nov 24, 2019
Ok, that looks hilarious :ROFLMAO:
Did you truly think, Aria's glorious hat would fit anyone else but her and her alone? It was molded and shaped in fires of badass-ness to only fit her.

I didn't think so.

AriaXDoubtSticker.png

• Haha
Reactions: Raziel_8

Raziel_8

Engaged Member
Dec 4, 2017
Did you truly think, Aria's glorious hat would fit anyone else but her and her alone? It was molded and shaped in fires of badass-ness to only fit her.

I didn't think so.

View attachment 3431780
Well, she does look badass, i thought maybe some of it would transfer to Magnus...but it works so much better with her :whistle:
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

Mystic

Elleria - Developer
Donor
Game Developer
Nov 24, 2019
After the meeting with the goddess Eris, my compatriot.

just kidding.

View attachment 3438936
Nah, not bait. Actually went ahead to work on her model a bit, it is shit and taken snapshot for the meme and a sticker for my discord :KEK:

But ah yeah, she went through some changes. It all has some story behind it, but I needed her to look different and show some reflection of her mental state after Eliot decided to chill out and make everyone think he dead boi.

I guess in a way, she isn't as ''cute'' as she was before. She looks sexy now. :pog:

Reactions: haooni and xDestiny

Raziel_8

Engaged Member
Dec 4, 2017
Nah, not bait. Actually went ahead to work on her model a bit, it is shit and taken snapshot for the meme and a sticker for my discord :KEK:

But ah yeah, she went through some changes. It all has some story behind it, but I needed her to look different and show some reflection of her mental state after Eliot decided to chill out and make everyone think he dead boi.

I guess in a way, she isn't as ''cute'' as she was before. She looks sexy now. :pog:
Will she still have her facial tattoos ? Looked nice on her.
Thought why did she dye her hair, or is that her normal colour ?

Yeah can't imagine she will react particular friendly when she finds out he's back for a while and decided not to inform her.
Him making the choice for her, that she shouldn't go down that path, will just make her more pissed i imagine.

Reactions: AlexMpog and Mystic

Mystic

Elleria - Developer
Donor
Game Developer
Nov 24, 2019
Will she still have her facial tattoos ? Looked nice on her.
Thought why did she dye her hair, or is that her normal colour ?

Yeah can't imagine she will react particular friendly when she finds out he's back for a while and decided not to inform her.
Him making the choice for her, that she shouldn't go down that path, will just make her more pissed i imagine.
Actually, fun fact. Lyria's natural hair color IS black. Of course this was never mentioned, but it will be mentioned in the update. It is a minor spoiler so I don't mind revealing it.

Moon Elves, such as her, have natural hair color like she had. Or they're blonde or something with colorful, bright tones. She was born different in that regard, which had her get bullied and shit. So she concealed it. Hence why she had the ''purple-ish''.

As for her Tattoos, I'm not sure. She removed em for a reason, plus it signifies her mentality change. She MIGHT get another though... nothing I'd know for sure. Perhaps I'll make a poll for that one! See what folks think.

Last but not least... yeaaah. You'd imagine it to be a touching reunion, my money is on Eliot having his head slapped clean off. While the fact remains, Lyria isn't exactly meant for that type of thing, aka him going down the black pit. And man has a point in that.

She'd still side with him no matter what he does, even if she has opinion that is completely opposite. In a way you could say that people who love others are blinded by it, they see the best in the person they love. Even if the whole world seems them the other way.

Juerhullycin

Feb 4, 2024
well, I can see that she would be majorly pissed if she finds out that he wants to cut her out. As you told us they mate once for life, so she binds herself to him and he uses the first opportunity to get himself killed and "ditches" her. I don't see her being particularly interested in the "why" he did it.

• Hey there
Reactions: Mystic

Mystic

Elleria - Developer
Donor
Game Developer
Nov 24, 2019
well, I can see that she would be majorly pissed if she finds out that he wants to cut her out. As you told us they mate once for life, so she binds herself to him and he uses the first opportunity to get himself killed and "ditches" her. I don't see her being particularly interested in the "why" he did it.
She knows ''why'', I mean Lyria travelled with Eliot for six years or so. She knows how the guy breathes to say the least about it, and even though she will understand why, and even approve of it I'd say. But that's her logic speaking, emotions are something entirely different.

That will have zero impact for her to not be pissed the fuck off. I still dunno will she punch him in the fucking face, or slap his head off. :KEK:

Either way, the Elf has a point. Eliot should be a chad, and take the punch without complaint imo.

coco_16_

Dec 7, 2022
Weird game. I enjoyed some parts, but the devs insistence on HIDING things our char knows/talks about is bizarre.

Eris tells us we need to do something, fade to black, we agree.

Mage girl tells us she has conditions, fade to black, we agree.

I literally have no idea what our motivation as an MC is other than there is supposed to be some kind of plan to bring peace? Maybe? MC keeps saying shit about lesser evil, but I don't even know what the greater and lesser evil are? It looks like there is some kind of conflict in the north, and it might be the god fault. Or maybe there is going to be a conflict between gods? Again, our MC was literally told things that were hidden from the player.

This type of obfuscation doesn't bring mystery, it's just frustrating. If I don't know what motivates the MC, how am I supposed to get invested in the story? This is stuff our character should know, not stuff our character needs to find out. The dev is hiding this info from the player for some reason. I guess it is to try to build some kind of anticipation? It just leads me not to care.

Did I miss something somewhere? The dialogue is a bit clunky, so maybe I misread something. Either way, it is poor writing.

Mystic

Elleria - Developer
Donor
Game Developer
Nov 24, 2019
Weird game. I enjoyed some parts, but the devs insistence on HIDING things our char knows/talks about is bizarre.

Eris tells us we need to do something, fade to black, we agree.

Mage girl tells us she has conditions, fade to black, we agree.

I literally have no idea what our motivation as an MC is other than there is supposed to be some kind of plan to bring peace? Maybe? MC keeps saying shit about lesser evil, but I don't even know what the greater and lesser evil are? It looks like there is some kind of conflict in the north, and it might be the god fault. Or maybe there is going to be a conflict between gods? Again, our MC was literally told things that were hidden from the player.

This type of obfuscation doesn't bring mystery, it's just frustrating. If I don't know what motivates the MC, how am I supposed to get invested in the story? This is stuff our character should know, not stuff our character needs to find out. The dev is hiding this info from the player for some reason. I guess it is to try to build some kind of anticipation? It just leads me not to care.

Did I miss something somewhere? The dialogue is a bit clunky, so maybe I misread something. Either way, it is poor writing.
I need to keep things moving, I simply can't cover every single detail at one point or in one particular scene. Because that scene would be an hour long for itself.

Then it would mean I need to extend the update further, which means more work and more work means way more time to deal with it. And I'm not the one who prefers to update per half a year or a year.

I like to get things moving forward, so moving forward is what I do. Some things should be and will be revealed, piece by piece. Some will not for other reasons.

That is all I can say on that matter, either way sorry you don't like it. And hopefully you find a game you like then. Plenty of those to go about here it would seem. :coffee:

coco_16_

Dec 7, 2022
I need to keep things moving, I simply can't cover every single detail at one point or in one particular scene. Because that scene would be an hour long for itself.

Then it would mean I need to extend the update further, which means more work and more work means way more time to deal with it. And I'm not the one who prefers to update per half a year or a year.

I like to get things moving forward, so moving forward is what I do. Some things should be and will be revealed, piece by piece. Some will not for other reasons.

That is all I can say on that matter, either way sorry you don't like it. And hopefully you find a game you like then. Plenty of those to go about here it would seem. :coffee:
Man I AM interested in the game. That is why I am giving feedback. But while there is so much stuff you CAN gloss over, the entire purpose behind MC's journey is NOT one of them.

The protagonist needs a motivation. This is doubly important when we are playing AS the protagonist, and making choices AS the protagonist. Storytelling 101, character motivation. We don't need a massive infodump, just a REASON behind what we are doing. Without that, this is just a slideshow of pretty characters, not a story you can get invested in.

As for increasing dev time, I genuinely don't understand how there is time for everything BUT the most important part of the story, which is why tf are we doing what we are doing. Literally 1-2 sentences.

"Hey, heres a list of instructions, if you follow this we can maybe stop a war/do other important thing, good luck."

Now we understand WHY we are doing things, even if we don't know any of the specifics. We have mystery AND motivation. If you have time for mundane cart convos but not for the most important aspect of storytelling, idk what to tell you.

EDIT: after this the dev threw a massive tantrum and then deleted all his posts and every post criticizing him haha. wild.

Last edited:

Mystic

Elleria - Developer
Donor
Game Developer
Nov 24, 2019
Man I AM interested in the game. That is why I am giving feedback. But while there is so much stuff you CAN gloss over, the entire purpose behind MC's journey is NOT one of them.

The protagonist needs a motivation. This is doubly important when we are playing AS the protagonist, and making choices AS the protagonist. Storytelling 101, character motivation. We don't need a massive infodump, just a REASON behind what we are doing. Without that, this is just a slideshow of pretty characters, not a story you can get invested in.

As for increasing dev time, I genuinely don't understand how there is time for everything BUT the most important part of the story, which is why tf are we doing what we are doing. Literally 1-2 sentences.

"Hey, heres a list of instructions, if you follow this we can maybe stop a war/do other important thing, good luck."

Now we understand WHY we are doing things, even if we don't know any of the specifics. We have mystery AND motivation. If you have time for mundane cart convos but not for the most important aspect of storytelling, idk what to tell you.
Honestly mate, if you did not spot his reason then in my personal opinion, you haven't paid enough attention as it is.

With some focus on his conversation with Eris, you can easily conclude the following.

World = Shit State.

Eliot = Wants to Fix the shit state.

Reason = He mentions it in his convos with Aria.

And I recall the dialogue going like this:

Aria: It almost looks as if someone thought it would be a good idea, and you've agreed to it.

Eliot: You know what... for all I think I'm the smart one? I'd reckon it was myself... I am under no influence of any but my own. My own decisions, my own thoughts. In the end... you could say I've done it on a whim, but also out of a selfish desire, yet also because I believe it to be right.

It is plainly obvious he does stuff and is willing to do stuff, because based off of his convo with Eris, he believes it to be a right thing to do, taking in overall consideration of world state, and how much the religion has polluted minds of people and how much it impacts their lives.

To the point, that even false gods are made for sake of justifying wars and causing them.

Now I'm the one who doesn't know what to tell YOU instead. I believe I've left enough pieces for player to scramble em, and come to somewhat of a conclusion on their own for given time and moment. More later. That's all I have to say on this topic, and that is all I will say.

Merlin-Magic

Jan 28, 2024
My feeling on Elleria 0.3 - Chapter I: Part II. This VN started good and is just getting better with this update. Mystic can be a little cryptic with his writing at times but it is always good. The story is unfolding to be very exciting and as always, a lot of philosophy thrown in. And if you like magic (and who does not) there is plenty of that too. Finally, if you are having a little trouble with the text grammar, I am sure Mystic is taking care of it.

• Red Heart
Reactions: Mystic

Tuatha Dé

Oct 20, 2021
I am just starting to play it but I see that it has several problems if you change the name to Mc, in several moments they refer to him as Magnus even though you put another name

3.80 star(s) 18 Votes