Doggs133

Dec 30, 2017
This is game is more into the category of Kinetic Novel in terms of story outcome. The war table doesnt seem that it will affect the ending for now. Basically if the ending is predetermined it will fall to KN category.

KineticNovel (キネティックノベル, Kinetikku Noberu) is a brand of the Japanese software publishing company Visual Arts. The productions of the KineticNovel label are unlike other visual novels in that no choices are given to the player – they have only one possible outcome

Visual Novel -

A visual novel (VN) is a form of digital . Visual novels are often associated with the medium of , but are not always labeled as such themselves. They combine a textual narrative with static or animated illustrations and a varying degree of . The format is more rarely referred to as novel game, a retranscription of the term noberu gēmu (ノベルゲーム), which is more often used in Japanese.

Visual novels originated in and are especially prevalent in , where they made up nearly 70% of the titles released in 2006. In Japanese, a distinction is often made between visual novels (NVL, from "novel"), which consist primarily of narration and have very few interactive elements, and (AVG or ADV, from "adventure"), which incorporate problem-solving and other types of gameplay. This distinction is normally lost outside Japan, as both visual novels and adventure games are commonly referred to as "visual novels" by international fans.

Generally VN, have some sort of branching in terms of story or some sort of interactivity/impacts on ending/story. This is already a standard set in Japan where this genre originated from.

Thanks for this. Clears it up nicely.

xapican

Devoted Member
May 11, 2020
It should be, yes. This is what it is.

The non-linear part, only one that exists, in Elleria, is the war table. The choices that eventually impact the world state, both on political and another level. These choices are and will be reflected in narration and story.

But the story itself is set in stone. Everything that I will, eventually and planned to add, is what I personally deem QOL features. Such as I don't know, pick who visits Eliot's bed at night.
Oh, I wasn't talking about Ellaria in particular, I was refering to generally AVN's, anyway good thing is that you pointed this special feature out, just to answer to other players, who will ask the same question, I was aware as how the task asignment is structured.
There is another great title out there, where similar to yours the ending is set, but not the way to achieve it, the thing what I see in comon is that the average player struggles a bit with this concept, that leads to similar discussions like the one you have expierenced with the Elf character.
Keep it up and Thank youuuu by the way loved the Jana part of this last chapter ! looking exited forward to chapter 3

Last edited:

DevinHesi

Engaged Member
Jr. Uploader
Oct 29, 2021

"It’s in the hearts of those who tremble that true courage awakens, rising fierce and unyielding when it’s most needed. But tonight is not a time for fear; tonight is for boldness, for the beauty of risk. So I will ask you instead—will you take my hand and share this dance with me?"

1729974172839.png

Mystic

Elleria - Developer
Donor
Game Developer
Nov 24, 2019
Mystic, why do I have a feeling that our hero crossed path with Amynth? :unsure:... and it was rather hot encounter... a crispy one one might say. :sneaky:
Not at all. I know what you're insinuating, but no. She is by far more menacing and by far larger. She isn't a common dragon. Had nothing to do with that particular accident.

That one was heavily territorial. And contrary to her titles, she doesn't exactly own them all or they're not her pets. But she can, I suppose, have control over them when and where she wants.

Its more like a... remote control, like Team Viewer software. :LUL:

Reactions: pilapila3

Macinnes

Feb 19, 2020
Mystic, I know you stated that "Elleria Sorrow Tale" was created for the game, but I cannot get enough of that song it is so hauntingly good. Did you hire a group to write that or was that your creation alone? If there is any information on the artist/singer and whether they have their own stuff published I'd be really interested. BTW if it was you, in fact, that wrote the song and arrangement then like the rest of your game just WOW.

Mystic

Elleria - Developer
Donor
Game Developer
Nov 24, 2019
Mystic, I know you stated that "Elleria Sorrow Tale" was created for the game, but I cannot get enough of that song it is so hauntingly good. Did you hire a group to write that or was that your creation alone? If there is any information on the artist/singer and whether they have their own stuff published I'd be really interested. BTW if it was you, in fact, that wrote the song and arrangement then like the rest of your game just WOW.
Usually, I have several composers for Elleria's music. Depending on type, and mood it needs to be, depends who works on it.

I did not write the lyrics myself, when I decide on these things I offer them what I want, I am very specific in terms of the mood, the melody, what sort of emotion should the song give, what it is about, what it should say, or what it should deliver to the reader indirectly.

Sometimes I'll reject 20 revision of the same thing, just cause "No. This does not hit the depth of what it should say."

So, somewhat a combined effort. But they're certainly bunch of talented people, all in their respective fields.

As for the particular person behind the song, lot of these people come through recommendations and/or other people, but they all have their wants and demands. Some of them are happy to do it, but do not want their information about.

Especially if they're not professionals, and just people who were looking for some earnings on the side.

But, yeah, I certainly sink somewhat preposterous amounts of money on music.

Crosaith.

Nov 18, 2017
Soo... this is a kinetic novel uh? We're not going have the option to choose to be good/evil/neutral or which girl(s) we end up with?

Mystic

Elleria - Developer
Donor
Game Developer
Nov 24, 2019
Soo... this is a kinetic novel uh? We're not going have the option to chose to be good/evil/neutral or which girl(s) we end up with?
As stated multiple times, the only choices are the ones that impact political / world state on points. Those can be leaned towards good / neutral or slightly evil.

Everything else is as it is, except for additions down the line when it comes to female cast.

So.. yeah, that's about that. Hope it gives the answer you wanted..

Crosaith.

Nov 18, 2017
As stated multiple times, the only choices are the ones that impact political / world state on points. Those can be leaned towards good / neutral or slightly evil.

Everything else is as it is, except for additions down the line when it comes to female cast.

So.. yeah, that's about that. Hope it gives the answer you wanted..
Yep, thanks for answering. Just wanted to be sure because the KN tag isn't listed and the last part of the overview made it seem like there'll be choices and multiple endings. "Yet a hero can be turned into a villain, for all the right reasons when he fought for all the wrong reasons before."

Mystic

Elleria - Developer
Donor
Game Developer
Nov 24, 2019
Yep, thanks for answering. Just wanted to be sure because the KN tag isn't listed and the last part of the overview made it seem like there'll be choices and multiple endings. "Yet a hero can be turned into a villain, for all the right reasons when he fought for all the wrong reasons before."
Description fit the story, is all. Sorry to disappoint.

xapican

Devoted Member
May 11, 2020
Mystic ; Eris has her face tatooed ? or is it a mask , I find it extremely sexy, but someone asked me and I couldn't answer, sorry I feel a bit dumb asking you this.

Mystic

Elleria - Developer
Donor
Game Developer
Nov 24, 2019
Mystic ; Eris has her face tatooed ? or is it a mask , I find it extremely sexy, but someone asked me and I couldn't answer, sorry I feel a bit dumb asking you this.
That isn't a tattoo, that is part of her outfit. The stuff on the face, that is. As for her body, who's to say. I didn't see it myself yet :KEK:

• Red Heart
Reactions: xapican

ivanov95

Oct 23, 2017
I love this game! I do miss the dev's Strings of Fate game too, but I think this one is better.

I also liked that there aren't many sex scenes, like what, 3 so far? But each one has passion behind it and not just for the sake of having sex scenes! Please keep it like that.

And the story itself is very interesting! I'm sucker for fantasy games, books, stories in general!

• Red Heart
Reactions: Mystic

Mystic

Elleria - Developer
Donor
Game Developer
Nov 24, 2019
I love this game! I do miss the dev's Strings of Fate game too, but I think this one is better.

I also liked that there aren't many sex scenes, like what, 3 so far? But each one has passion behind it and not just for the sake of having sex scenes! Please keep it like that.

And the story itself is very interesting! I'm sucker for fantasy games, books, stories in general!
And I sure miss the simplicity of making stuff with that engine.

Yeah, not my focus or priority.. But I'll a bit more starting now, been practicing a bit to make em look tad-bit better as well.

Glad to hear you enjoy it tho, thanks.

Macinnes

Feb 19, 2020
Usually, I have several composers for Elleria's music. Depending on type, and mood it needs to be, depends who works on it.

I did not write the lyrics myself, when I decide on these things I offer them what I want, I am very specific in terms of the mood, the melody, what sort of emotion should the song give, what it is about, what it should say, or what it should deliver to the reader indirectly.

Sometimes I'll reject 20 revision of the same thing, just cause "No. This does not hit the depth of what it should say."

So, somewhat a combined effort. But they're certainly bunch of talented people, all in their respective fields.

As for the particular person behind the song, lot of these people come through recommendations and/or other people, but they all have their wants and demands. Some of them are happy to do it, but do not want their information about.

Especially if they're not professionals, and just people who were looking for some earnings on the side.

But, yeah, I certainly sink somewhat preposterous amounts of money on music.
I was just hoping that there was a way to obtain some more of their work for my listening enjoyment. That song is as good as any Celtic artist I regularly listen to like Clannad for example from the soundtrack of "Last of the Mohicans".

• Red Heart
Reactions: Mystic

DevinHesi

Engaged Member
Jr. Uploader
Oct 29, 2021

"Much cozier here in the corner, don’t you think? Look at them—noblemen and noblewomen, always lurking about, ready to drain either my coin or my patience. They’re like headless chickens, really, though I’d argue the chickens are more useful. At least they can be roasted for supper! I don’t suppose you’d be bold enough to take me hostage and whisk me somewhere far more interesting, hmm?"

"Tempting, your Grace. But I’m afraid I’ll have to decline—respectfully, of course. I doubt the humor would be well-received, or even understood, and I’m quite sure I wouldn’t live long enough to properly regret the jest!"

1730068933592.png

3.70 star(s) 29 Votes