TsubameYui

Nov 2, 2022
Perfectly fine, as I said, I can respect that. But I've had enough of accommodating anyone for **my** story anymore. As long as you can understand this, I have no problem whatsoever understanding you as well.

Thank you. Hope you find something suited to you.
I'm enjoying the game so far. I will note that the choices I've come across thus far have seemed rather pointless. Feels like "I want pork." or "I want pig meat". 2 options that are just the same thing, worded slightly different. The responses are usually either exactly the same, or again just one line worded slightly different. I can enjoy a good kinetic novel, so that isn't a big deal to me, but I'd prefer no choices at all to meaningless choices.

I have noticed that the customized MC name is ignored an exceptionally large number of times, though. That is quite immersion-breaking. Wouldn't hurt to do a quick search through the script for "Magnus" and replace them with [player_name]. After seeing "Magnus" about a dozen times, I decided to use URM's rename feature as a personal fix, so I don't know exactly how often it happens as the game goes on.

All that aside, I am enjoying the game, please keep up the good work.

Edit: Second paragraph was my mistake. Magnus is MC's surname.

Last edited:

DevinHesi

Engaged Member
Jr. Uploader
Oct 29, 2021

"I refuse to live in the shadows of those who would deem themselves superior to the common man or woman, who toil truthfully and hard for their daily bread. I will not accept a world where the powerful wield the right to oppress the innocent. This is not what we fought for; this is not what we desired. This is not what they died for. I need to believe that my life has meaning, that it holds purpose. If I must be doomed to bear the weight of the world's hatred upon my shoulders, then so be it—so long as no one else must.

If I am destined to die, then I will face death willingly. And if religion, if the gods themselves, are to be blamed for this plight? Then I will do what is necessary. I will reduce every temple to ashes, I will bring ruin to the statues that elevate themselves above us all, casting dark shadows upon our lives and sowing despair and misery. I will dismantle this very concept piece by piece... or I will die trying. I refuse to be a mere pawn in the game played by those lesser deserving than I—less deserving than any man, woman, or child. No more.*

I am an older man now, wiser, or so I would like to believe. Yet I am a broken man—I know this all too well. But I refuse to accept it as my fate. If there is a chance to save another from this torment, then I will do everything in my power to make it so."

1729824856229.png

Reactions: D4rkK1ng

xapican

Devoted Member
May 11, 2020
I don't have the game open at the moment, but even what you just said - most people I know would just say "I don't understand, can you give me an example?"
Ok, I understand just that I try to speak a middle register of english, and of course it's not my native language, If I would live in US or somewhere where english is spoken I probably would speak differently.
Although I succed with my limited vocabulary to think and formulate the senteces in english, it will still sound odd we can switch language if you want speak german by any chance ?

MiltonPowers

Twins Basil! Twins!
Donor
Jul 26, 2023
I understand that, I'm just saying that the English translation in the game needs some work. Wasn't trying to be a dick about it. There were a lot of people, in the reviews, complaining about all the dialogue - but I don't think it's the amount of dialogue, just the translation.
My bad, I missed the point you were trying to make. :(

Reactions: TrixRabbit

xapican

Devoted Member
May 11, 2020
I have noticed that the customized MC name is ignored an exceptionally large number of times, though. That is quite immersion-breaking. Wouldn't hurt to do a quick search through the script for "Magnus" and replace them with [player_name]. After seeing "Magnus" about a dozen times, I decided to use URM's rename feature as a personal fix, so I don't know exactly how often it happens as the game goes on.
I was taken aback as well, at first, till I noticed that you can only rename the first name the surname however is Magnus and in the dialoges some characters use his surname when they refer to MC

xapican

Devoted Member
May 11, 2020
I understand that, I'm just saying that the English translation in the game needs some work. Wasn't trying to be a dick about it. There were a lot of people, in the reviews, complaining about all the dialogue - but I don't think it's the amount of dialogue, just the translation.
Oh, maybe you missed in the previous chapters the dialoges were in an ancient english " a la Shakespeare" but that got changed with this Update

MiltonPowers

Twins Basil! Twins!
Donor
Jul 26, 2023
I'm enjoying the game so far. I will note that the choices I've come across thus far have seemed rather pointless. Feels like "I want pork." or "I want pig meat". 2 options that are just the same thing, worded slightly different. The responses are usually either exactly the same, or again just one line worded slightly different. I can enjoy a good kinetic novel, so that isn't a big deal to me, but I'd prefer no choices at all to meaningless choices.

I was taken aback as well, at first, till I noticed that you can only rename the first name the surname however is Magnus and in the dialoges some characters use his surname when they refer to MC
You can use URM to change Magnus to whatever you want.

Mystic

Elleria - Developer
Donor
Game Developer
Nov 24, 2019
Dude! Not everyone here has English as their primary language.
That I don't. And frankly, if the editor who went sleepless cause of me for this update, edited the sentences and butchered English that -I- have caused.

If it isn't enough now, then it never will be.

And keep in mind he still did it while busting his balls to not destroy their original meaning, and to retain what I wanted to say. Far too little credit given to the guy.

First one I can understand.

Second part of what you said I can't. I'd replied dozen times on this so far, believe it or not. I have went back updates back already, I've increased the font size into oblivion, I've striked the letters with underline, and hit them with additional BOLD. To ensure that people take note that they only change first name, which is Eliot. Not his full name.

And my friend, I'll be damned if that isn't enough. I absolutely refuse to take responsibility after that, for anyone who ''doesn't see'' or ''didn't read''.

But you've also brought me to a good point, and I wonder, will I ever bother to allow name changes further on in anything else. Because it is a pain in my fucking ass, and honestly, I see zero point in doing it.

Not for my own shit anyways. It seems people mod it anyhow, even if I only allow first name change. So I don't see the point in fucking around with that anymore.

TsubameYui

Nov 2, 2022
That I don't. And frankly, if the editor who went sleepless cause of me for this update, edited the sentences and butchered English that -I- have caused.

If it isn't enough now, then it never will be.

And keep in mind he still did it while busting his balls to not destroy their original meaning, and to retain what I wanted to say. Far too little credit given to the guy.

First one I can understand.

Second part of what you said I can't. I'd replied dozen times on this so far, believe it or not. I have went back updates back already, I've increased the font size into oblivion, I've striked the letters with underline, and hit them with additional BOLD. To ensure that people take note that they only change first name, which is Eliot. Not his full name.

And my friend, I'll be damned if that isn't enough. I absolutely refuse to take responsibility after that, for anyone who ''doesn't see'' or ''didn't read''.

But you've also brought me to a good point, and I wonder, will I ever bother to allow name changes further on in anything else. Because it is a pain in my fucking ass, and honestly, I see zero point in doing it.

Not for my own shit anyways. It seems people mod it anyhow, even if I only allow first name change. So I don't see the point in fucking around with that anymore.
Yeah, that was my mistake. I forgot about the surname bit, since it wasn't used early on. By the time people started calling him Magnus, I had already forgotten that was his surname, and just assumed it was in error, since that's a common problem in VNs in general.. My apologies. I'll go back and edit my prior comment.

Mystic

Elleria - Developer
Donor
Game Developer
Nov 24, 2019
Yeah, that was my mistake. I forgot about the surname bit, since it wasn't used early on. By the time people started calling him Magnus, I had already forgotten that was his surname, and just assumed it was in error, since that's a common problem in VNs in general.. My apologies. I'll go back and edit my prior comment.
Error can happen on my part, sometimes I'll write Eliot instead of using code to grab custom name. But then again, I go with default as it should be. But this mistake is rare to occur.

Otherwise, yeah. People somehow, despite my changes do not focus. Everyone misses the fact he has name or surname. But I also understand why, a lot of VN's just slap a name on MC, but decide to forget about surname part. People got used to it.

So I can't point a finger at anyone in the end.

As for choices, as I said, I am used on making these "flavor" ones since the day I wrote just Interactive Fictions, a habit that remained.

But I do not also see it as such evil as it is presented either. I find it irrelevant, honestly. In terms of Elleria, only war table choices will actually matter, in terms of story.

Aka changing political aspect and some other stuff to the world.

Reactions: sanitarium

Mystic

Elleria - Developer
Donor
Game Developer
Nov 24, 2019
Didn't he skip time while training with Aria or what ever her name is? or is that from another game?
No? That was Aria's power, messing with his head. Changing perception of time and what he perceives as reality. No such thing as time travel from either of em.

3.70 star(s) 29 Votes