The Black Cat

Sep 8, 2023
Im having a strange problem... My saves from 0.6 version are not working in this new version, gives error. I have to begin from start again in this version? My game 0.6 version is still good with those old saves, but not this one.

Mystic

Elleria - Developer
Donor
Game Developer
Nov 24, 2019
Im having a strange problem... My saves from 0.6 version are not working in this new version, gives error. I have to begin from start again in this version? My game 0.6 version is still good with those old saves, but not this one.
Sorry about that, I am lost, honestly. Try to load the earlier saves, try them one by one. See which one works, then skip to where you were.

Really sorry, once again, I've no clue what the hell happened.

Reactions: The Black Cat

JJJ84

Engaged Member
Dec 24, 2018
Hah, don't need a break from working on project. But I definitely need something else.

There are some things that start to weigh heavily on you the older you get, and known it or not, as I hit my thirties.. It is time to pull the plug on some things for my own good.

Being harassed online by same person for not six days! Or weeks. But six months in a row, of sicknesses like that? Nah. Im done.

Just cause hurr durr, he moderated once and banned me from forum! Need I say more about it? Imagine stalking and harassing someone for 6 months in a row cause you got banned on pirate forum.

It came to a point that I don't wanna deal with it anymore. Besides, not like my games got much about here. You can easily say its wrong place for them if you gonna be honest.

So, fortune sank into projects, harassment, stalking, nope. I'm outta here.
Sorry to hear that happen to you.
In all of our correspondence throughout this site, I remember both of us being very respectful/civil, and you have been (and still is) very friendly in sharing your thoughts/possible future plans regarding your games, and I appreciate that.

And noone deserves to be harrassed 6 months straight.
One would think if a person has been a mod before, they'd have the maturity to well....... not act in such a way, but I guess not (and creating alt-accounts to continue the harressment? :FacePalm: )

So, I totally understand if you've made your decision to leave, but it will sadden me in a way not to see you on this site.

As for discord, heh, I had almost forgotten that you have a discord.
I should join.

My experience with discord has been a bit mixed to say the least lol.
One server for another f95zone game (name which I won't mention), I joined and started posting, and thought folks would be welcoming of me posting my quite-long posts.
Which......wasn't quite the case.
While one or two people were understanding, majority of folks weren't fond of my posts, with remarks such as "Jesus..... dude."
And while the dev for the game I've interacted with several times in that games f95zone thread (and the dev know of quite long posts and question type posts I tend to make), the response made me just not make any of those posts and stick to the game thread on f95zone.
I didn't leave the server. I still check in on it every now and then, just lurking to see if there are any news on the said game.

On the other hand, Witcher server (totally unrelated to f95zone) that I joined about 3 years or so ago, folks over there had no issue with me and my long posts. And regulars there know what type of posts to expect from me and are welcoming.

I dunno, perhaps some folks just don't like seeing long posts (especially on a phone screen, I'd imagine a post like mine may be a huge wall of text)?

Hence, I'm unsure whether your discord will be the former or latter.
In f95zone's game threads, users tend to be mostly hands off (just minding their own business, unless the post directly addresses them), and I've never had a problem raised by other people of me making long posts.
But who knows what the reaction will be on discord.

Tbh, this is the first time that I admitted this......to anyone; it's something which I've been keeping to myself till now.

Now...... with that rant out of the way (lol), about the game and update.
I loved it.
Story continues going forward, and more characterization, lore and world building continues to take place.
Hence, more reactions and questions;
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

Anyway, really enjoyed this one, and looking forward to your next update & MC finally meeting Amynth.

Mystic

Elleria - Developer
Donor
Game Developer
Nov 24, 2019
Now...... with that rant out of the way (lol), about the game and update.
I loved it.
Story continues going forward, and more characterization, lore and world building continues to take place.
Hence, more reactions and questions;
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

Anyway, really enjoyed this one, and looking forward to your next update & MC finally meeting Amynth.
Nah, feel free to hop in. We're a weird, but friendly bunch, and we joke around a lot with one another. But it is an entirely relaxed and chill environment.

I'll be damned if anyone says a word or anything against long posts, I'm the one spamming update news! And pasting walls of lore text!

You're more than welcome there. I'd rather not miss these feedbacks of yours just cause I ain't around here!

That aside, glad to hear you've enjoyed the update. To answer few of your question.

Aria: Yes. Nosebleed, yes. Pact related, consequence.

Morgana: No. Which part of Morgana screams romance? She is a psychopath on the loose. She has more interest in digging out corpses and graves than romance and sex. If anything, she'd stab Eliot in middle of it and turn him into a bloody zombie. She's mad as mad can be.

Eris: Yes, I'd certainly say it was some good screen time for her.

And yes, Shadow and Eliot is a funny stuff. They have a bit of a steamy time even, but this isn't nothing serious. Just some side stuff. Hardly any romance or Love going on there. A matter of moment, one would say.

As for Hamor. Yesn't, also doubtful and near impossible. Siding with Hamor. He already picked his side in advance. Dwarves are the opposition.

Eventually, perhaps, there can be a sit down so everyone can shut up and let Eliot diplomacy the shit out of it.. But not before these is bloodshed. Gotta do it the hard way!

Reactions: pilapila3 and JJJ84

JJJ84

Engaged Member
Dec 24, 2018
Nah, feel free to hop in. We're a weird, but friendly bunch, and we joke around a lot with one another. But it is an entirely relaxed and chill environment.

I'll be damned if anyone says a word or anything against long posts, I'm the one spamming update news! And pasting walls of lore text!

You're more than welcome there. I'd rather not miss these feedbacks of yours just cause I ain't around here!

That aside, glad to hear you've enjoyed the update. To answer few of your question.

Aria: Yes. Nosebleed, yes. Pact related, consequence.

Morgana: No. Which part of Morgana screams romance? She is a psychopath on the loose. She has more interest in digging out corpses and graves than romance and sex. If anything, she'd stab Eliot in middle of it and turn him into a bloody zombie. She's mad as mad can be.

Eris: Yes, I'd certainly say it was some good screen time for her.

And yes, Shadow and Eliot is a funny stuff. They have a bit of a steamy time even, but this isn't nothing serious. Just some side stuff. Hardly any romance or Love going on there. A matter of moment, one would say.

As for Hamor. Yesn't, also doubtful and near impossible. Siding with Hamor. He already picked his side in advance. Dwarves are the opposition.

Eventually, perhaps, there can be a sit down so everyone can shut up and let Eliot diplomacy the shit out of it.. But not before these is bloodshed. Gotta do it the hard way!
Okay, that's a relief.
I'll join the discord soon.

- That's very true about Morgana.
I guess I was asking cause not every character as to what they appear to be or what they're known for with their reputation is what they truly are.
And example of that is Luna DeLuca from the game The DeLuca Family (another excellent game, my favorite when it comes to crime/mafia game on this site); the first impression players get with Luna is she is a psychopath/lunatic/crazy due to the way she talks, her actions and her infamous reputation in the Crime world (with how many kills she has, and her actions she has towards enemies).

But after the MC romances and and finds out about her past; which player finds out she had a very tragic and traumatic event, it really opens up MC & player's perception about her, in which she starts becoming a full LI.
Not saying you should go in that route, but I guess I wanted to ask this to make sure whether Morgana is one of those "not actually who she appears to be or known as" characters like Luna's case.

Oh one additional question I forgot to ask;

- Lyria was not present in this update?
I don't think I saw her in any scenes nor in that final cinematic; characters I saw were Aria, Eris, and Yana from what I can tell.
Not like she's my favorite girl (she is alright, but nowhere near Aria & Eris lol), but it did feel tiny bit odd to not see her, even though MC mentions her to the Preistess in front of Eris's statue.
It's nothing of significance though. Just treat it as very small nitpick from my end. :KEK:

Thanks for answering all those questions, and in such a short amount of time!

Not sure how much longer you'll be spending time on this site, but regardless, I guess I'll see you in discord if not here.

Mystic

Elleria - Developer
Donor
Game Developer
Nov 24, 2019
Okay, that's a relief.
I'll join the discord soon.

- That's very true about Morgana.
I guess I was asking cause not every character as to what they appear to be or what they're known for with their reputation is what they truly are.
And example of that is Luna DeLuca from the game The DeLuca Family (another excellent game, my favorite when it comes to crime/mafia game on this site); the first impression players get with Luna is she is a psychopath/lunatic/crazy due to the way she talks, her actions and her infamous reputation in the Crime world (with how many kills she has, and her actions she has towards enemies).

But after the MC romances and and finds out about her past; which player finds out she had a very tragic and traumatic event, it really opens up MC & player's perception about her, in which she starts becoming a full LI.
Not saying you should go in that route, but I guess I wanted to ask this to make sure whether Morgana is one of those "not actually who she appears to be or known as" characters like Luna's case.

Oh one additional question I forgot to ask;

- Lyria was not present in this update?
I don't think I saw her in any scenes nor in that final cinematic; characters I saw were Aria, Eris, and Yana from what I can tell.
Not like she's my favorite girl (she is alright, but nowhere near Aria & Eris lol), but it did feel tiny bit odd to not see her, even though MC mentions her to the Preistess in front of Eris's statue.
It's nothing of significance though. Just treat it as very small nitpick from my end. :KEK:

Thanks for answering all those questions, and in such a short amount of time!

Not sure how much longer you'll be spending time on this site, but regardless, I guess I'll see you in discord if not here.
Lyria's part in this story is over. I said this in some posts back, and some don't like it... but I'll say it again. I respect it.. but no further accommodations will be made for my story for anyone. It will be what it was meant to be, what it was written to be. No more additions that derivate from my vision on it.

In short, she will leave on her own. Due to her nature, her character, how it was originally meant to be, how it is. And reasons being Eris's which is unacceptable to her faith and her character, or her nature. And I will not break it.

Sadly, some people as I witnessed, don't even consider this game to exist if Lyria isn't present, which is a shame, frankly. But so be it. I'll have it all burned to the ground before I alter my story ever again, based on loud voices. And that is the end on that subject, from me, personally.

There are no new LI's planned, except one's present and seen and the one's that are meant to be there. Only one you did not see or was present in the game TILL NOW, is Amynth.

Only spoiler I will give regarding her, is that she is meant to be 1 of 2 wives of Eliot. The rest are as they are, what they are. Be it romantic interests and important characters, part of whole harem shtick. But these two are main and most important characters in this regard.

xapican

Devoted Member
May 11, 2020
JJJ84; hi we run across in many threads already let me say one thing to you, I didn't have you as someone who allways write tons of text, yes you make longer posts, mostly speaking about your ideas but that is not wrong, sure you are not one suprerflous like me.
But also not a someone who allways rant, and yes your post generally show diferent points of view so I deem them entertaining, else for what come to a forum ?

JJJ84

Engaged Member
Dec 24, 2018
Lyria's part in this story is over. I said this in some posts back, and some don't like it... but I'll say it again. I respect it.. but no further accommodations will be made for my story for anyone. It will be what it was meant to be, what it was written to be. No more additions that derivate from my vision on it.

In short, she will leave on her own. Due to her nature, her character, how it was originally meant to be, how it is. And reasons being Eris's which is unacceptable to her faith and her character, or her nature. And I will not break it.

Sadly, some people as I witnessed, don't even consider this game to exist if Lyria isn't present, which is a shame, frankly. But so be it. I'll have it all burned to the ground before I alter my story ever again, based on loud voices. And that is the end on that subject, from me, personally.

There are no new LI's planned, except one's present and seen and the one's that are meant to be there. Only one you did not see or was present in the game TILL NOW, is Amynth.

Only spoiler I will give regarding her, is that she is meant to be 1 of 2 wives of Eliot. The rest are as they are, what they are. Be it romantic interests and important characters, part of whole harem shtick. But these two are main and most important characters in this regard.
That's fine with me.
If people leave cause they only wanted Lyria and that characters was make or break factor for them, I guess it is what it is.

Amynth is 1 of 2 wives?
Huh, interesting.

Makes me wonder who the other one will be.
My money is on Eris, given her and MC's backstory (which may even be a game/DLC material itself lmao), but I guess it would depend on whether marriage between gods and mortals are allowed in the game's world.
I love Aria, and she's definitely the right hand woman and partner to MC, but I'm unsure whether she fits that "wife" aspect.

I could be totally wrong though.
Who knows, Aria could totally be the wife with the marriage, heh.

Or possibility for a third wife?
Assuming this doesn't hurt your story? :KEK:

But regardless, I'll respect your decision.

JJJ84; hi we run across in many threads already let me say one thing to you, I didn't have you as someone who allways write tons of text, yes you make longer posts, mostly speaking about your ideas but that is not wrong, sure you are not one suprerflous like me.
But also not a someone who allways rant, and yes your post generally show diferent points of view so I deem them entertaining, else for what come to a forum ?
My posts aren't even a rant (typically lol), and they generally tend to be reaction/feedback/questions towards the devs, and that's why they tend to be long.

It's not really a problem for this site (given I've been on here for years now lol), and people generally know what to expect from me.

But with discord?
I guess it varies and some people just don't like seeing long posts; even if it's not an argument and just feedback/questions.
It is what it is.

Having said that, from Mystic's response, his server, I'm getting the good feeling I'll be fine there.
So taking that leap of faith and gonna join his server sometime today.

The Black Cat

Sep 8, 2023
That's fine with me.
If people leave cause they only wanted Lyria and that characters was make or break factor for them, I guess it is what it is.

Amynth is 1 of 2 wives?
Huh, interesting.

My money is on Eris, given her and MC's backstory (which may even be a game/DLC material itself lmao), but I guess it would depend on whether marriage between gods and mortals are allowed in the game's world.
I love Aria, and she's definitely the right hand woman and partner to MC, but I'm unsure whether she fits that "wife" aspect.

My posts aren't even a rant (typically lol), and they generally tend to be reaction/feedback/questions towards the devs, and that's why they tend to be long.

It's not really a problem for this site (given I've been on here for years now lol), and people generally know what to expect from me.

But with discord?
I guess it varies and some people just don't like seeing long posts; even if it's not an argument and just feedback/questions.
It is what it is.

Having said that, from Mystic's response, his server, I'm getting the good feeling I'll be fine there.
I have to ask you, your old saves are working in the new version? Are you playing in PC? I have to see if the problem is only mine, or the pc version have a problem. Why? I am yet thinking if i begin from the beginning this game, or i give up this story sadly. Regards.

xapican

Devoted Member
May 11, 2020
Oh we shure run across and if it is to boring I can friendly harrass you a bit :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO:

• Haha
Reactions: JJJ84

Mystic

Elleria - Developer
Donor
Game Developer
Nov 24, 2019
That's fine with me.

Amynth is 1 of 2 wives?
Huh, interesting.

Why, of course it is Eris? I said They're main. Eris and Amynth. Brief spoiler: 1 Son and daughter with Eris. 1 Daughter with Amynth.

Oh Aria is important enough as it is, without such attachments. You'll see eventually. She isn't going anywhere. She has a role to play of a bigger scale than being a simple wife.

I have to ask you, your old saves are working in the new version? Are you playing in PC? I have to see if the problem is only mine, or the pc version have a problem. Why? I am yet thinking if i begin from the beginning this game, or i give up this story sadly. Regards.
Something happened with coding, is my best guess. Could be Steam's bullshit integrations. Also why not just skip to where you were? Or ask for a save file of where you were?

xapican

Devoted Member
May 11, 2020
Mine didn't work either, the only thing I can think of is that when Mystic changed the english text, the formating of the new text caused trouble, anyway for me was it a pleasure to play it all over again, since I'm invested in the story this normaly happens in RenPy games when the Developers change someting in the User Interface
Edit ; Mystic do you want a traceback file ?

Mystic

Elleria - Developer
Donor
Game Developer
Nov 24, 2019
Mine didn't work either, the only thing I can think of is that when Mystic changed the english text, the formating of the new text caused trouble, anyway for me was it a pleasure to play it all over again, since I'm invested in the story this normaly happens in RenPy games when the Developers change someting in the User Interface
Edit ; Mystic do you want a traceback file ?
Traceback isn't gonna help me. I've went through it again and again, and for life of me I cannot comprehend the issue.

I will be extremely cautious going forward however, and make "SAVE HERE" spots. Or something, I need to ask someone with more experience than me.

JJJ84

Engaged Member
Dec 24, 2018
Why, of course it is Eris? I said They're main. Eris and Amynth. Brief spoiler: 1 Son and daughter with Eris. 1 Daughter with Amynth.

Oh Aria is important enough as it is, without such attachments. You'll see eventually. She isn't going anywhere. She has a role to play of a bigger scale than being a simple wife.
Yeah, had a feeling it was of course Eris, especially given all the buildup.
Heh, I remember asking you whether MC and Eris will have a child and that child will be a literal demigod, and you said "That's exactly what I have planned" :WeSmart:

But 1 son and 1 daughter with Eris, and 1 daughter with Amynth i.e. specific number of children is totally news to me.
Not sure whether this is something you've revealed to others before; I haven't really been online in past 2 weeks (so I probably missed you saying Eris and Amynth are main, probably) since I was on holiday, but I am very happy. :love:

Fair enough with Aria.
As long as she isn't pushed aside and remains an important part of MC's life despite no marriage.
So....... does that mean no children between MC & Aria (even though they're not main)?
If not, does that mean she will never have children with MC, or it's not something you have planned but can be open to changing your mind on it in the future?

Guess this may apply to Yana too, if she's part of his harem.

Ngl, the aspect of your Ellaria sequel's demigod MC having family in brothers and sisters in different areas of expertise intrigues me a bit.

For e.g.
Elleria sequel's MC has a younger sister who has same powers (darkness/shadow) as him [Eris], 1 younger sister who is a half-dragon [Amynth], and 1 younger brother [Aria] who is a quite powerful sorcerer (no marriage, but MC still knocked her up lol).
And perhaps his antagonists, some of them could be demigods also, as well as some gods from Elleria as well?

Not sure whether that's in the cards or not, but it would be interesting to say the least in terms of adding the new generation of characters & not just the old cast - build up the synergy between the new and the old.

This is just my two cents though.
Feel free to ignore it if you think it won't work, cause in the end, this is your story.

Oh, and thanks for adding the dog in this update.
Was actually gonna ask ya "Can you please add a pet for MC?", and wholla, Aria brings a dog!

I have a habit of making multiple (many, actually lol) saves per each update for my games, so I tested it out.

Several of the saves seems to be having issues, and some of them load (but not at the exact point I saved though, loads up different scene despite same event), but several don't.

Luckily, my save that I did at the end of previous update worked fine (I play on PC).

Well, you can always use the ctrl fast skip method if you can't find a working save.
That's what I do when I lose my save.

Though having many saves mitigate that risk a lot for me; downside of that is one hell of a fat renpy saves folder :HideThePain:

Last edited:

JJJ84

Engaged Member
Dec 24, 2018
And Mystic, I get this will likely be in the much later date in the future, but how would the Shadows be addressing Elleria sequel's new MC (son of MC & Eris)? Would they be calling him "Young Master?"

Though how would they call his sister (i.e. the siblings) if they're together? "Young Master" "Young Mistress"? Hmmm, not sure with young mistress if that is right lol.
Just wondering what term they would use.
It just wouldn't make sense for the shadows to refer to both as master ("Young master" "Young master") would it?

Even though that would be hilarious :HideThePain::KEK::LUL:

Mystic

Elleria - Developer
Donor
Game Developer
Nov 24, 2019
Yeah, had a feeling it was of course Eris, especially given all the buildup.
Heh, I remember asking you whether MC and Eris will have a child and that child will be a literal demigod, and you said "That's exactly what I have planned" :WeSmart:

But 1 son and 1 daughter with Eris, and 1 daughter with Amynth i.e. specific number of children is totally news to me.
Not sure whether this is something you've revealed to others before; I haven't really been online in past 2 weeks (so I probably missed you saying Eris and Amynth are main, probably) since I was on holiday, but I am very happy. :love:

Fair enough with Aria.
As long as she isn't pushed aside and remains an important part of MC's life despite no marriage.
So....... does that mean no children between MC & Aria (even though they're not main)?
If not, does that mean she will never have children with MC, or it's not something you have planned but can be open to changing your mind on it in the future?

Ngl, the aspect of your Ellaria sequel's demigod MC having family in brothers and sisters in different areas of expertise intrigues me a bit.

For e.g.
Elleria sequel's MC has a younger sister who has same powers (darkness/shadow) as him [Eris], 1 younger sister who is a half-dragon [Amynth], and 1 younger brother [Aria] who is a quite powerful sorcerer (no marriage, but MC still knocked her up lol).
And perhaps his antagonists, some of them could be demigods also, as well as some gods from Elleria as well?

Not sure whether that's in the cards or not, but it would be interesting to say the least in terms of adding the new generation of characters & not just the old cast - build up the synergy between the new and the old.

This is just my two cents though.
Feel free to ignore it if you think it won't work, cause in the end, this is your story.

Oh, and thanks for adding the dog in this update.
Was actually gonna ask ya "Can you please add a pet for MC?", and wholla, Aria brings a dog!
And Mystic, I get this will likely be in the much later date in the future, but how would the Shadows be addressing Elleria sequel's new MC (son of MC & Eris)? Would they be calling him "Young Master?"

Though how would they call his sister (i.e. the siblings) if they're together? "Young Master" "Young Mistress"? Hmmm, not sure with young mistress if that is right lol.
Just wondering what term they would use.
It just wouldn't make sense for the shadows to refer to both as master ("Young master" "Young master") would it?

Even though that would be hilarious :HideThePain::KEK::LUL:
Doggo dies, Eliot turns into John Wick. No one touches the fkin dog.

She is important and remains important. Any I am and I am not. It depends on how I feel, and what I COULD make out of it, really. Time will tell.

Also, you misunderstand. I will say this now, when it comes to Elleria 2 - Because this isn't much of a spoiler, as you'd find it out from mere text I'd write as introduction on the page for the game itself.

Elleria 2 is indeed meant to be POV switch from Eliot to his son, but his son isn't Eliot. His son is hell bent on destroying everything his father made and accomplished. He is a piece of shit in a sense, with a complex.

He believes Eliot was weak and is weak, that he is a fool for not accepting or wanting power. Eliot was somewhat absent as a father, perhaps, which impacted his son as he grew up.

But point is his son doesn't understand how important is what Eliot established and created, without Eliot all hell breaks loose. Eventually, no one dared to force Eliot out of ''retirement'' and have him draw that fucking Excalibur, because he made it clear if anyone should start a war, war mongering, conflict, he'll wipe their entire continent away.

He is a peace keeper that holds the Realm in prosperity and peace. Aka... Eliot is a man of focus, commitment, and sheer fucking will. Something his son knows very little about!

I once saw Eliot kill an entire fort with nothing but a single sword... a fucking... sword. :LUL: :LUL: :LUL:

Elleria 2 is meant to be rather dramatic, clash of Eliot and his son. Which doesn't end so happily. And then I'll get death threats till Elleria 3 happens and I fuck everyone in the brain with story.

• Wow
  • Haha
Reactions: xapican and JJJ84
3.70 star(s) 29 Votes