kartolas

Apr 10, 2021
Good story. Loved it.
A couple of more "renders" when they talk would be perfect.

Thank you and good luck.

Reactions: Worlaix

monk_56

Apr 26, 2021
There seems to be 3 types of tribalism at play in MCs decision making; Elf vs Human vs Family/Those close to you

Obviously, Human tribalism is not compelling to our MC at all. He is not human, he has been mistreated by humans for not being human and he has no close relation to humans in the narrative yet. The game laid foundation for the MC to potentially have a positive relation with the Blacksmith / Blacksmith's daughter and the Becky character- but neither have been fleshed out yet. Even if the MC forms some strong bonds with specific humans it is very unlikely that our MC will ever become Human tribalistic; it would take a series of incredibly heinous crimes by Elves towards the MC and his loved ones consistently for that to be the case. Far more likely that specific positive relationships the MC has will turn them further towards Familial tribalism.

Which of the two other forms of Tribalism did you all find most compelling as motivators for our MC?

I found "family/those close to you" motivation for the MC most compelling. Our MC was raised with an incredible amount of love; even if they have a bit of a rebellious streak it feels like they will put their family unit first. The Mc's mother specifically tried to impart Familial tribalism to her son in several important teachable moments in the game.

Sure the two most important people in the MC life are both elves; but the narrative concerning how Elves are really changes for our MC when he meets Amaya. Amaya is a rather bad person on the inside - a broken beyond all belief Lawful Evil genocide Elf. In a vacuum I can see why a naive youth who was very hateful as a result of being racially discriminated against could gravitate to the woman like a moth to a flame- but for me at least the closeness the MC has with their mother and the way the MC was raised by his mother sublimate that tribalism to Familial tribalism. It is still very compelling- but since Mom deliberately taught differently than that- it will take a lot of counter-teaching by Amaya to subdue that even if your MC had quite an amicable experience/attitude with her.

I tried all the routes- but my canon play-through really solidified my attitude about Amaya. She comes around the house after almost ruining some elf kid's life and almost chokes him to death to make her point and rub it in his face what a traitor she thinks he is. She is like a 1000 year old toddler. Any wisdom she got with age is completely suppressed by how incredibly jaded and spiteful she is.

Last edited:

KingWeWuz

Mar 8, 2019
monk_56

I don't see any reason to side with human tribalism or elf tribalism.

The humans in the game are hardly a place of refuge. They traded with his mom, and tolerated his presence because of their leader. It's a mutually beneficial relationship out of need, not loyalty. They NEED her alchemy skills. She NEEDs to be away from the massive elf-human war so she can raise her son peacefully. They are both acting in their own self-interest.

While it would make sense that after years of trade and peace they bond, the war keeps both sides hostile. Humans in the town talked shit about him, their kids bullied them, most of the town condemned an adolescent with little evidence.

Similarly the ancient elf killed a random nobody for seemingly no reason. Just casually hunts humans. Unlike the humans, she doesn't "tolerate" the presence of the mc, she welcomes it.

I didn't see any reason to sell her out to the humans, and didn't like the bully who robbed you as a kid, why would I care if the elves wiped out the village? The relationship and peace brought by years of trade was shattered with one incident, creating a witch hunt to kill the elves. If it can break that easily why care for it to begin with?

I don't have a specific motivation for this, but... I will say it felt cowardly to sell out someone for your own life. I did have an evil thought though. I wanted to suggest telling her that I would reveal the location of her camp to the humans. That way she could prepare traps and pick the military men off. This would force the humans to rely on the mc more, prove his innocence, and improve his standing with the elf.

Anyway the only real reason I can think to side with humans is the blacksmith and the whore, but other than that very few humans have interacted with the mc in a positive way. Overall I think the game is implying that neither side is better, giving a bias that humans are worse, to account for the fact that WE are human and would naturally want to side with them. So if forced to pick I'd go with elves.

monk_56

Apr 26, 2021
monk_56

I don't see any reason to side with human tribalism or elf tribalism.
Yeah I don't either-except for slight elf favoritism b/c as you noted the MC is in fact an Elf; but I think it could develop depending on how things go for the MC in the meta-narrative.
I'm definitely playing as very family oriented in the game.

The Becky character from the bar was a barmaid I thought- not a whore? I may have miss-read; but I thought it was the other woman in the bar who was a whore- they could both be whores I suppose. Though it'd sink my romantic interest in Becky into the floor if she was a whore- not that there was much of that anyway as long as Sunny is so precious; unless it was a poly thing- then I'd be down. She could be narratively interesting either way though.

I'm not sure if I thought selling out Amaya was cowardly. She could also seek revenge- but a large portion of the character's lively-hood hinges or at least hinged on w/e thin relations he and his mother had with the village. Also Amaya is in fact a murderer- the kid she killed was in fact the fucking worst- but it also could have been the next great inventor, philosopher, moralist, or peacemaker. Her just killing people arbitrarily and capriciously since it was convenient didn't sit well with me. It was just moral luck that she killed someone somewhat crappy.

I won't lie that Worlaix's slight redemptive narrative of the character when he drunkenly apologized to the MC did soften me up to the character a bit - he was a kid when he harassed the MC and kids are morons.

I'm leaning to protecting the Village for now- the narrative or it becoming some sort of melting pot where the races become more accepting of each-other appeals to me. As does looking after a little Village. (Not that that is how that plot will go either.) Also, Amaya is Elf Hitler.

My preferred route will depend in large part how things pan out on the separate paths- a game with multiple pathings is best when there is some enjoyably to all of the paths though; I'm sure both will be compelling and have their merits.

Last edited:

desmosome

Conversation Conqueror
Sep 5, 2018
My preferred route will depend in large part how things pan out on the separate paths.
My preferred route. Get corrupted by the demon thingy and mind break mom, sunny, etc... Wait, am I playing the right game? If something that crazy is not in the works, then I also will play it for the benefit of the family unit. That's what mama taught us right? I also sold out the elf cus being swayed by elf fanaticism this early didn't seem quite right for the MC I was thinking of. Gotta weigh the options mate. Betraying the known allies (however shitty they may be) for an unknown is a pretty big gamble.

monk_56

Apr 26, 2021
My preferred route. Get corrupted by the demon thingy and mind break mom, sunny, etc... Wait, am I playing the right game? If something that crazy is not in the works, then I also will play it for the benefit of the family unit. That's what mama taught us right? I also sold out the elf cus being swayed by elf fanaticism this early didn't seem quite right for the MC I was thinking of. Gotta weigh the options mate. Betraying the known allies (however shitty they may be) for an unknown is a pretty big gamble.
You....might be? Not sure what the Dev has in mind regarding the demon and corruption. I will say a straight mind-break narrative might be boring though since once you mind break characters they lose their interest outside of just being foils to reflect the nature of the character that mind-broke them. I prefer the two gals to have their own Modus Operandi, with goals and preferences that might conflict with the MC - they already have such lovely personalities <3.

Otherwise- totally agree with you my dude.

Last edited:

KingWeWuz

Mar 8, 2019
Yeah I don't either-except for slight elf favoritism b/c as you noted the MC is in fact an Elf; but I think it could develop depending on how things go for the MC in the meta-narrative.
I'm definitely playing as very family oriented in the game.

The Becky character from the bar was a barmaid I thought- not a whore? I may have miss-read; but I thought it was the other woman in the bar who was a whore- they could both be whores I suppose. Though it'd sink my romantic interest in Becky into the floor if she was a whore- not that there was much of that anyway as long as Sunny is so precious; unless it was a poly thing- then I'd be down. She could be narratively interesting either way though.

I'm not sure if I thought selling out Amaya was cowardly. She could also seek revenge- but a large portion character's lively-hood hinges or at least hinged on w/e thin relations he and his mother had with the village. Also Amaya is in fact a murderer- the kid she killed was in fact the fucking worst- but it also could have been the next great inventor, philosopher, moralist, or peacemaker. Her just killing people arbitrarily and capriciously since it was convenient didn't sit well with me. It was just moral luck that she killed someone somewhat crappy.

I won't lie that Worlaix's slight redemptive narrative of the character when he drunkenly apologized to the MC did soften me up to the character a bit - he was a kid when he harassed the MC and kids are morons.

I'm leaning to protecting the Village for now- the narrative or it becoming some sort of melting pot where the races become more accepting of each-other appeals to me. As does looking after a little Village. (Not that that is how that plot will go either.) Also, Amaya is Elf Hitler.

My preferred route will depend in large part how things pan out on the separate paths- a game with multiple pathings is best when there is some enjoyably to all of the paths though; I'm sure both will be compelling and have their merits.
Oh, right, the barmaid too. I forgot her. The big issue I think is the fact that we are given very little opportunity to care about the human characters, so most players would have a bias for elves.

Anyway, "anyone" who dies could have been the next great painter, I'm not gonna have sympathy on what they could have been (or even care) because I know what they were.

His "redemption" arc was cut short, he was an ass because his dad beat him and his mom died cause his dad was a shitty drunkard, I've heard it a thousand times, I don't care what you're upbringing was, you can't treat people bad because you've had it bad. But I'll agree he wasn't 'as bad' as I thought all things considered.

As far as player archetype I favored the elf MC being angry, somewhat mean.

I picked the angry options often and was able to kill in self-defense, plus I feel more badass. I think it offers a quality narrative because when I'm nice it'll be all the more meaningful as opposed to a permanently nice narrative.

Last edited:

Gelenji

Aug 4, 2017
The type of game you wish to play until the end. A bit frustrated by the slow updates, but it is normal as it is a sole developer.
I don't usually take time to praise a game, as I only did it once, but this one deserve it. Played it for the art, stayed for the story. Would be glad if there is a path where the protag become a really skilled archer (don't usually like when the protag is walked on but here it is well written).

Would be the first h-game I'll gladly pay for it, and waiting to have some money to spare to put it in the dev patreon. Keep up the amazing work !

Yugomorph

Mar 10, 2021
Hey dev, what are the chances to create a SubscribeStar account? They have much looser ToS. Also, the Lewdpatcher link is down.

Yugomorph

Mar 10, 2021
lewdpatcher site is closed, all their links are down.
Indeed, luckily for all of you, I have employed a famous guerilla tactic called "Archive maneuver":

And here are direct download links copied from the Archive:

Viva la revolución!

You may call me Incest Guevara, or Fidel Incestro.

Abhai

Devoted Member
Sep 12, 2018
Indeed, luckily for all of you, I have employed a famous guerilla tactic called "Archive maneuver":

And here are direct download links copied from the Archive:

Mega
Workupload

Viva la revolución!

You may call me Incest Guevara, or Fidel Incestro.
yup, a good thing for that old stuff from there...you might wanna to report your post to be added as a new IP link in OP.

4.50 star(s) 72 Votes