Ragnar

Super User
Respected User
Aug 5, 2016
I haven't dropped a wall of text here in a while, so I suppose I can make up for that now!

In the case of Elvensang, I think self-inserting is facilitated by the style of narration, e.g. you won't hear any inner monologues or thought processes of the MC and the narration is in second person. But that is for the sake of immersion – I describe what happens to the MC as if it happened to you, the player. I am not really sure how many people prefer to self-insert or just watch as a passive spectator, but I like to be immersed in a story! So that's what I tried to do with Elvensang.

As for corruption, it's important to remember that even though the MC starts out as fairly blank, he is still a character. He is a young elf, innocent and inexperienced. This is why the very thought of him corrupting women into being his whores is utterly outlandish to me. Sure, he might grow into that further down the road, but that is a long road to go indeed from where he is in the prologue. Mind you, I am not really mentioning that in response to what you said about corruption, but you mentioning that made me reflect on what I have witnessed of corruption in some other games. While I obviously have no issue at all with other people enjoying it, it's never going to happen in Elvensang like that.

Then there is another, even more important factor at play, which is that the characters in the story are unsurprisingly also "characters". Could you corrupt Sunny into being your perfect whore? Absolutely. Could you corrupt Amaya? Never. Why? Because she is already one of the most morally tarnished characters in the story. Not that she is a whore, absolutely not – she would probably be the most dedicated and faithful partner you could imagine. But a perverted whore is a saint compared to Amaya in my books. Trying to corrupt Amaya would be like trying to corrupt Hitler into becoming your perfect whore. Even if you came up with a way of how to break Amaya, it all comes full circle when you realize that the MC would never go such lengths for something so inconsequential in his life.

Concerning NTR - NTR is definitely sexually attractive to me (I wouldn't have put it in the game otherwise), though I tend to be very picky about its execution. That said, romance will always be a priority in Elvensang – romance with Sunny is unavoidable, after all. But it's difficult to talk about NTR with how controversial it is. On one hand, I don't plan to make it as big of a focus as some people might expect (which applies to virtually any fetish), but it's easier to exaggerate its presence to warn potential players, especially those who despise NTR, that I will implement it in any way I want further down the line.
I don't like second person narratives, it breaks the inmersion for me. I don't know why but most books are in third person.
As for the kinks in your game, as long as the strong ones are optional I'm fine with it.

Pandaman Games

Developer of Price of Power
Game Developer
Mar 10, 2018
That's an interesting perspective! I know you put those numbers down as an example, but I would never spend 3 months working on content that revolves around a single fetish. If an entire release was focused around NTR, it would probably just be some very short 'DLC', one that I might just include as a side quest in an actual release. Regardless of length, its plot should still remain compelling and relevant, adding to the story as a whole - and if Elvensang's story is something someone is not interested in, then they definitely should not support the game on Patreon because unlike NTR, the story is an integral part of the game.

With that said, I have no intention to add to Patreon that the game will contain some optional side content. With your logic, anyone who does not like Amaya and won't pursue her romance should not become a Patron because a small portion of my time will be spent developing content that they have no interest in. Do you see what I mean?

Besides, I think I have needlessly damaged Elvensang's marketability enough already by mentioning NTR on F95 (and perpetuating the discussion about it) anyway, since half of the NTR may not even technically count as "NTR", and majority of characters having sex with MC's love interests will be women.
Yeah...You kinda may have a bit. I mean, nothing personal, but...Mentioning that you might include any NTR (which you really should if it'll be included, so good on you) is gonna cause a firestorm. And then having pages of discussion on what NTR even is/isn't and clarifying all that stuff (and having to clarify what you mean dozens of times) isn't the best look. :( FWIW, I stand by thinking that this game definitely has potential, though, and I like where you're going with the story so far. Just...NTR is rarely a good idea unless you're going all in. Blending NTR and standard romance is probably the #1 way to shoot yourself in the foot, because those communities (as you can see) very much hate one another. :LOL:

Reactions: monk_56

Pandaman Games

Game Developer
Mar 10, 2018
I know what you mean, yeah. I do like discussing topics related to the game, but as of next release I am probably going to adjust the part about NTR, direct any concerns to a FAQ on discord or something and stop addressing questions in the thread itself. That said, if someone who would have enjoyed Elvensang is going to miss out on it because I mentioned three letters, then...

Good riddance! Elvensang is going to be a success or failure under my own terms.
Good! Go for it and GL! Looking forward to the next releases. :)

Reactions: Worlaix

Ragnar

Super User
Respected User
Aug 5, 2016
Blending NTR and standard romance is probably the #1 way to shoot yourself in the foot, because those communities (as you can see) very much hate one another. :LOL:
There are several games like that doing fine in Patreon. If the dev wants to add ntr, femdom, pissing or whatever he should do it and forget about whiners. They're a loud crowd here but they don't pay the bills, pay attention to your patrons if any.
You have a dev tag yourself so I ask you, What are you gonna do? The game you want or the game some pirates tell you?

Pandaman Games

Game Developer
Mar 10, 2018
There are several games like that doing fine in Patreon. If the dev wants to add ntr, femdom, pissing or whatever he should do it and forget about whiners. They're a loud crowd here but they don't pay the bills, pay attention to your patrons if any.
You have a dev tag yourself so I ask you, What are you gonna do? The game you want or the game some pirates tell you?
I literally just told Wor in the most recent post to do what they and wished them good luck, so... I think I'd say that I support devs doing what they want...? I've been pretty clear about that from the start. :) Just providing a fair warning to a fellow new dev that people from those communities are gonna rage at one another a lot here...

Nov 23, 2020
This game got me thinking on what is right or wrong, I behaved like a brat to the mother due to wanting to know what is up, for example with the whole store debacle and where is your father that I pressed for answers. Another reason not to sell out the hunter who killed the human due to race animosity where basically the majority are looking for a reason to become aggressive and start killing minorities. We have seen this in the Jim Crow Era, Salem Trials, revolutionary france (any belief different from the consul was execution), spanish inquisition and so many more.

It wasn't a matter of being racist, but it just how it plays out in the real world. Also played with the guy who was about to kill us and I hope that he doesn't harm himself especially if you mention is past as a drunk, wife beater and potential murderer of his wife.

Last edited:
  • Thinking Face
Reactions: Dysphorika

BadmanBaxter

May 28, 2019
Future tags didn't mention anything. Will Blackmail be in this game. Will rape as 1 pic looked a little like it would head that way. Depending on how they are used I am not completely against either especially as your game reminds me of an elven game of thrones which featured these things.

bmrd

Aug 28, 2017
It is unlikely since the update itself will be released in about 1-2 weeks (unless of course there are unforeseen circumstances)
Makes sense; didn't realize the update was coming so soon! I wonder if the discord will also be announced with the latest updarte.

Reactions: Worlaix

MangoMeta

Oct 27, 2018
I expect the game to contain quite a lot of tags as time goes on. The reason I list only some of the tags in the future content is because I felt like it might warrant a mention for people who feel iffy about them. In hindsight, I think I may have made a mistake by doing that since it makes it seem like the mentioned tags will be some huge focus of the game, but that's definitely not the case. Either way, I don't make content around fetishes - it's always story first, and then I look for opportunities for fetishes within the framework of the story.
really? because you went out of your way to write rare and even very rare besides some. yet the one in contention doesnt have that at all.

erkper

May 16, 2018
Huh, haven't really followed this thread and just noticed the "incest not planned" in the future tags. It's not really my kink - though mother is pretty hot in this game - but I guess I am kinda surprised because I definitely thought I was picking up a future incest vibe (maybe through a patch to avoid that stupid Patreon ToS, so many others do it that way) when I played the prologue.
*shrug* Oh well, c'est la vie.

Reactions: m4pII

Dysphorika

May 5, 2019
Huh, haven't really followed this thread and just noticed the "incest not planned" in the future tags. It's not really my kink - though mother is pretty hot in this game - but I guess I am kinda surprised because I definitely thought I was picking up a future incest vibe (maybe through a patch to avoid that stupid Patreon ToS, so many others do it that way) when I played the prologue.
*shrug* Oh well, c'est la vie.
Maybe I am wrong, but is rather author is not interested on incest instead of Patreon rules.

erkper

May 16, 2018
Maybe I am wrong, but is rather author is not interested on incest instead of Patreon rules.
He straight up blamed it on Patreon early in the thread:
... There will be no incest content. I can't add any incest content into the game because of Patreon ToS.
Like I said, I found this surprising given I thought I was picking up a future incest vibe in the MC/mother interactions. Guess I was wrong.

Reactions: Dysphorika
4.50 star(s) 73 Votes