VN Ren'Py Completed Emma In the Library [v1.0] [AceX Game Studio]

3.30 star(s) 12 Votes

Ace_X

Creator of Ace X Game Studios
Game Developer
Apr 23, 2018
Also, I appreciate all the feedback! I am still learning as a game dev how to make a great engaging game! And as I am proud of the game I made, I know not everyone will like it . so I like to hear what works and what doesn’t, so I can make my future games better!!

Thanks again for playing my game!!

whf

Nov 9, 2017
Also, I appreciate all the feedback! I am still learning as a game dev how to make a great engaging game! And as I am proud of the game I made, I know not everyone will like it . so I like to hear what works and what doesn’t, so I can make my future games better!!

Thanks again for playing my game!!
Quiz games are not a good way to go. There is huge probability that players won't know the answers and searching for them online or using anything cheaty simply isn't a fun gameplay. I appreciate that you are still making games and not simple visual novels, but it's better to go for something you can actually learn by playing the game, like those minigames in Valerie. Quiz games are acceptable if you can find the answers or clues in the game, otherwise it's not much fun. I imagine it like if you choose to "study" you get a clue. The more you study the more clues you get to answer correctly to a certain question. That could be fun. It wouldn't be bad if the game was less linear. Like ok, you know shit about this category, you didn't get it right so you don't get to see this and that but it isn't game over. i know it would potencialy be more work to do (like having Emma half-dressed etc.) but I think it could be good that way.

aluoaniki

Sep 29, 2018
somehow i didn't unlock the 7th image in the last page. i have the good ending.
anyone knows how to unlock?

Ace_X

Game Developer
Apr 23, 2018
Quiz games are not a good way to go. There is huge probability that players won't know the answers and searching for them online or using anything cheaty simply isn't a fun gameplay. I appreciate that you are still making games and not simple visual novels, but it's better to go for something you can actually learn by playing the game, like those minigames in Valerie. Quiz games are acceptable if you can find the answers or clues in the game, otherwise it's not much fun. I imagine it like if you choose to "study" you get a clue. The more you study the more clues you get to answer correctly to a certain question. That could be fun. It wouldn't be bad if the game was less linear. Like ok, you know shit about this category, you didn't get it right so you don't get to see this and that but it isn't game over. i know it would potencialy be more work to do (like having Emma half-dressed etc.) but I think it could be good that way.
Thanks for this! I probably missed the mark with this game a little bit. At least for some people. I know I liked it and a few of my other supporters liked it. But you probably won’t be seeing any more quiz games for me anytime soon…. I’m really scared for my next game “escape”. It’s going to be more of a in Escape room style/visual novel game. I think that will be a lot more accessible and a lot more fun game play for most people

Apr 5, 2021
The other AceX games are nice, even if i think the puzzles with the Strip N play with Valerie is a bit much.
But there are limit of when things stop being fun and just tedious!
This one crossed that limit for me...

In general i think most people hate mini games in erotic games.
They are either tolerable or anoying, never ever played one that was actually a "fun" part of the game.

I really wish you would focus more on dialog and story instead of minigames, cos your renders and animations are really good!

Last edited:

ThTaaz

Apr 28, 2017
The other AceX games are nice, even if i think the puzzles with the Strip N play with Valerie is a bit much.
But there are limit of when things stop being fun and just tedious!
This one crossed that limit for me...

In general i think most people hate mini games in erotic games.
They are either tolerable or anoying, never ever played one that was actually a "fun" part of the game.

I really wish you would focus more on dialog and story instead of minigames, cos your renders and animations are really good!
Well... Time passed, and now i like this kind of games, much more than just a "novel" type... There is a big work behind this, animations are perfect, and you need to deserve them.

Reactions: Ace_X
Apr 14, 2021
Well finally finished the game and want to thanks for rekindling my love of literature, not sure if that was the intended goal. Anyway great mini game, I hope we get some more of these games, maybe one about movies next..
Strip n Play with Valerie, was more fun IMO. Why not do a game where you learn basic latin grammar, or something similar? ;-)

aesc72

Jun 13, 2020
Enjoyed this one. It's always nice learning new things from a VN, but it can get a little time-consuming to search for the answers. If it was done like the question where you had to find the author of a novel, and finding the book showed some pages, that would be nice. It got me to read stuff I wouldn't try otherwise.

Only problem is that I can't seem to complete all events in the time given. I skip studying Emma's stuff, complete both papers, unlock all texts, but after that, I can't unlock all photos. I'm always 1-2 images short. Any ideas? Figured it out, do both assignments before anything else

Last edited:

Toohat

Jan 21, 2020
I made the mistake of trying to scroll backwards to get the answers right. Now I'm stuck.how do I reset the game? Tried to delete the saves. But it just says "all questions asked - game over"

Reactions: HansDampf788

Ace_X

Game Developer
Apr 23, 2018
I made the mistake of trying to scroll backwards to get the answers right. Now I'm stuck.how do I reset the game? Tried to delete the saves. But it just says "all questions asked - game over"
Quitting the game and restarting from before the quiz should work! Let me know if it doesn’t!

3.30 star(s) 12 Votes