ChopTheHead

Sep 15, 2021
You know, as somewhat of a herbal tea enthusiast, I'm impressed at how completely wrong the whole chamomile tea thing is in this game. It's like it was written by someone who heard once that chamomile is soothing and assumed it must work like the kind of anaesthetic they give you before a surgery. It's not even the right herb to treat insomnia (lemon balm would make more sense here). I get that the protagonist is supposed to be kinda clueless about this but I assumed the woman teaching him the recipe (if boiling plant parts in water really needs a recipe) is meant to be at least a bit knowledgeable on the subject. Either way referring to the tea as "potent" is a bit comical. And why is Reece drinking it immediately instead of waiting until she's about to go to bed? None of this makes any sense.

Still, once I get over my disappointment in knowing more about herbalism than the guy making a herbalism game, it's actually not bad so far. Very chill experience. I don't mind the slightly weird faces either, it sets the game apart visually, which isn't always easy when using something like Koikatsu.

Icarus Media

F95 Comedian
Donor
Game Developer
Jun 19, 2019
You know, as somewhat of a herbal tea enthusiast, I'm impressed at how completely wrong the whole chamomile tea thing is in this game. It's like it was written by someone who heard once that chamomile is soothing and assumed it must work like the kind of anaesthetic they give you before a surgery. It's not even the right herb to treat insomnia (lemon balm would make more sense here). I get that the protagonist is supposed to be kinda clueless about this but I assumed the woman teaching him the recipe (if boiling plant parts in water really needs a recipe) is meant to be at least a bit knowledgeable on the subject. Either way referring to the tea as "potent" is a bit comical. And why is Reece drinking it immediately instead of waiting until she's about to go to bed? None of this makes any sense.

Still, once I get over my disappointment in knowing more about herbalism than the guy making a herbalism game, it's actually not bad so far. Very chill experience. I don't mind the slightly weird faces either, it sets the game apart visually, which isn't always easy when using something like Koikatsu.
Hi Severus. ;)

Soniram

Creating EC:A
Game Developer
Apr 16, 2021
I keep getting this scene every morning when i press choose no, is this a bug?
It could be. I will make sure it gets fixed and reuploaded. Thank you for letting me know.

EDIT: Yes, it was a flag that wasn't set right. It actually has been like that since 0.1d and no one has caught it (and told me). Again, thank you.

Soniram

Game Developer
Apr 16, 2021
I keep getting this scene every morning when i press choose no, is this a bug?
The MEGA and GOFILE download links in the main post have the patched files for 0.3e. A second bug was fixed in this patch. It will require another download, but it really really should be the last needed patch for 0.3e.

Last edited:

BupoTiling03-Retired

Modder
Jul 21, 2018
Did you miss a devotion++ with a Lerran character? Something about feet. Headache, migraine coming on, can't really read or type much. erranda04 No idea if some other routine added a devotion++ (such as from earlier story). Only creating a var guide for another user.

Soniram

Game Developer
Apr 16, 2021
Did you miss a devotion++ with a Lerran character? Something about feet. Headache, migraine coming on, can't really read or type much. erranda04 No idea if some other routine added a devotion++ (such as from earlier story). Only creating a var guide for another user.
Devotion can be gained but isn't used or shown in the game yet (planned for 0.4). If you're referring to the Genny error, it's fixed and the new builds are getting uploaded to various places.

BupoTiling03-Retired

Modder
Jul 21, 2018
Devotion can be gained but isn't used or shown in the game yet (planned for 0.4). If you're referring to the Genny error, it's fixed and the new builds are getting uploaded to various places.
Some character that is maybe an elf or something? In erranda04 script.

Jimskeleton

Nov 9, 2020
Gave this a go and have to say I'm impressed, not usually a fan of sandbox as most don't normally implement a hint system at all or it's very lacking but this was easy to navigate, enjoying the story so far and interested to see where it goes, a decent amount of content as well, the characters are all quite interesting (Cali is easily favourite so far) and the art style is a lot different to the norm which I like, it's always nice to play something a little different, looking forward to more and good luck to the dev.

razzled

May 27, 2018
I have progressed all characters either to the point where it says they have no more content, or to the point where i need to progress with others. Im certain i havent met some yet but the journal wont give me a clue. some help please?

Soniram

Game Developer
Apr 16, 2021
I have progressed all characters either to the point where it says they have no more content, or to the point where i need to progress with others. Im certain i havent met some yet but the journal wont give me a clue. some help please?
Are you sure you've met all the characters? Make sure you check where it says "Hints to get started..." if you see it in the journal.

Did you take the easy hints or regular hints?

razzled

May 27, 2018
Are you sure you've met all the characters? Make sure you check where it says "Hints to get started..." if you see it in the journal.

Did you take the easy hints or regular hints?
I'm sure I haven't met all, however there are no 'Hints to get started' anymore

Soniram

Game Developer
Apr 16, 2021
I'm sure I haven't met all, however there are no 'Hints to get started' anymore
Can you tell me which characters hints are saying you need to progress with other characters first? I may be able to point you in the right direction.

phupdup

Oct 24, 2019
Could you do the shell users a favor and lose the '()' in the title, etc? These things have a special meaning in regular expression parsing so Linux folks and such have to take extra care to "escape" them from being interpreted that way. Suggest doing something like EC-TheApothecary instead.

4.40 star(s) 17 Votes