Uploader
Aug 5, 2016
08banner.png

Overview:
A young man is given the ownership of his aunt's apothecary
shop when she goes to be married, leading him down his unique
tale in the Endara Chronicles. Friends, enemies, and intrigue are
around every tree and behind every rock. Becoming an apothecary
is just the first step in becoming the person he was destined to be.

Many tags/genres are completely optional for the player. Check the "genre" spoiler box below.
Check the Changelog and Developer Notes for information on the next release(s).
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

Thread Updated: 2024-03-08
Release Date: 2024-03-08
Developer: Soniram - - - - -
Censored: No
Version: 0.8 PE
Language: English
Genre:

Installation:

Changelog:

Developer's Notes:

Previous saves should be stable.
Forwarding time once is recommended before doing anything in a new version.

Android version of 0.8 PE will be released when it is finished.

Update to 0.8d SE with the patch file below!

DOWNLOAD (0.8b)
Win/Linux: - - - - -
Mac: - -
- - -
For the 0.8d SE Android version:
READ THIS

Android (v0.7d SE Compressed): - - - -

0.8d SE Patch File (Win/Linux/Mac)
(for all 0.8 versions)

Extras:
ECA 0.6/0.6a Patreon Guide - ECA Font Mod (PC/Linux/Mac) [official]

06-03.png 07-06.png 05.png 07-04.png 04-02.png 06.png
11.png 07-09.png 07-10.png 07-01.png 07-07.png 12.png

Last edited:

molitar

Engaged Member
Sep 22, 2016
Hopefully it can become a good game right now sounds like nothing in it to make it interesting but maybe if done well it can be an Atelier Rorona type game with sex in it. Right now tags just say teasing.. so I'll wait for next update to see if it goes anywhere.

Skeltom

Engaged Member
Oct 9, 2017
I could do without all of the juvenile comments. "I can see a tit", "Is that a nipple?" Also the ...s and pauses looking for ingredients get pretty tedious. You see the same messages over and over again. It's what I've been doing for an in-game month, reading the same messages and sometimes picking flowers but now I'm at the limit so it's just passing time over and over again and hoping something happens. Also it is made like a free roam but the three events I have found have been completely linear, so I don't really see the point in it.

Edit: I tried to look past my pet peeves but I can't anymore. This isn't a "game" it's a railroaded series of events. I think this pic will tell you just what to expect with this one.

screenshot0001.png

Last edited:
Reactions: qawser

Soniram

Creating EC:A
Game Developer
Apr 16, 2021
The 0.2a version has been released and is available for download.

Changelog:

A lot has been adjusted from 0.1d, including making nearly all NSFW content optional except for the first times with Reece and Cali. It is advisable to begin a new game with the 0.2a version.

Reactions: YadenYu

Soniram

Game Developer
Apr 16, 2021
I have been informed about a bug near the end of 0.2a. I am rebuilding and will be uploading the correction momentarily.

Soniram

Game Developer
Apr 16, 2021
** The MEGA, GOFILE and MEDIAFIRE links have been updated to 0.2b, which fixes the minor bug.

Make sure you are playing the 0.2b version.

Last edited:

BupoTiling03-Retired

Modder
Jul 21, 2018
To override the ... “particular” fonts used, just extract this into ./game/. Video-game design, accessibility design, oof... Posting this here because I was asked to fix for another user.

Edit: You might either add an option to use default Ren'Py layout of menu items (top vs bottom), changes layouts has been done before, and it isn't really met well. You might also not want to 'logo the dialogues' (Yes/No save/load stuff...users will already know the title of the game). White text doesn't do too well on those kinds of backgrounds (sandy/wood-like), it tends to blend in. The Teal color is nice. :) Check out WCAG for color contrast recommendations for readability and such. Very handy, can save a lot of headache. Add an opacity option (or make the text box darker) to raise visibility, it's too translucent. There are times to italicize and times to go bold, times to just be normal and times to get colorful, just try to standardize how you'll do it.

For story, I might not have characters explain stats or attributes, it breaks immersion. Usually you can have them say something like “It's important to be honest with your customers about what they should expect upfront” instead of “You gain honest...with how you react to certain situations.” Maybe explain as a narrator (voiced or voiceless, eg 'Narrator: Honesty can increase...blablabla' or '*Honesty can increase...blablabla*'), as an example.

Interesting concept, to say.

Last edited:
Reactions: Soniram

Soniram

Game Developer
Apr 16, 2021
To override the ... “particular” fonts used, just extract this into ./game/. Video-game design, accessibility design, oof... Posting this here because I was asked to fix for another user.

Edit: You might either add an option to use default Ren'Py layout of menu items (top vs bottom), changes layouts has been done before, and it isn't really met well. You might also not want to 'logo the dialogues' (Yes/No save/load stuff...users will already know the title of the game). White text doesn't do too well on those kinds of backgrounds (sandy/wood-like), it tends to blend in. The Teal color is nice. :) Check out WCAG for color contrast recommendations for readability and such. Very handy, can save a lot of headache. Add an opacity option (or make the text box darker) to raise visibility, it's too translucent. There are times to italicize and times to go bold, times to just be normal and times to get colorful, just try to standardize how you'll do it.

For story, I might not have characters explain stats or attributes, it breaks immersion. Usually you can have them say something like “It's important to be honest with your customers about what they should expect upfront” instead of “You gain honest...with how you react to certain situations.” Maybe explain as a narrator (voiced or voiceless, eg 'Narrator: Honesty can increase...blablabla' or '*Honesty can increase...blablabla*'), as an example.

Interesting concept, to say.
Thank you for the input. As a new "whole thing dev", a lot of this isn't something I'm used to figuring out. The menus especially have been a headache to say the least. A lot of what you say makes sense and really helps. Thank you.

I have no idea how to let the player change opacity or adjust menu buttons inside the game, but I will look into that.

For the italics/bold/etc., I have been going back to standardize it but some have slipped through.

Again, thank you for the input. It is greatly appreciated.

Last edited:

BupoTiling03-Retired

Modder
Jul 21, 2018
Thank you for the input. As a new “whole thing dev”, a lot of this isn't something I'm used to figuring out. The menus especially have been a headache to say the least. A lot of what you say makes sense and really helps. Thank you.

I have no idea how to change opacity or let the player adjust menu buttons inside the game, but I will look into that.

For the italics/bold/etc., I have been going back to standardize it but some have slipped through.

Again, thank you for the input. It is greatly appreciated.
That's perfectly fine, it's a < 1.0 version, expected, especially for newcomer developers. :) Menu layout can be left as a backburner issue, but opacity...yeah. Also, some of the writing might need some spiffing up. "I've learned a thing or five” is more than awkward. ;) I won't be able to build a list, especially right now, I've got a new OS update to grab, 4336 packages for my Linux distro...and it's a manual package update, meh. Edit: With over half being held back, god **** Debian/Ubuntu-based distros, that's it, I'm dumping Gnome-based and going Manjaro KDE. I will miss Cinnamon, but jeez..

4.40 star(s) 17 Votes