• To improve security, we will soon start forcing password resets for any account that uses a weak password on the next login. If you have a weak password or a defunct email, please update it now to prevent future disruption.

ZxSncis

May 17, 2022
You go to his shop in morning or midday so long as you didn't visit him the day before. Rarely, the wait is two days instead of one.
yea but where is he, can i dm you my save and you can take a look at it? something might be wrong there

Soniram

Creating EC:A
Game Developer
Apr 16, 2021
yea but where is he, can i dm you my save and you can take a look at it? something might be wrong there
You can, though it may take me a while to get to it. I'm in the middle of building 0.6 so I don't have a fully stable version to test with.

Soniram

Game Developer
Apr 16, 2021
Endara Chronicles: The Apothecary - Font Mod (PC/Mac/Linux)

Several people have talked about how difficult some of the fonts are to read, especially the hand-written one. In an effort to improve player experience, ECA's first official mod is made and released.

Instructions:
1. Download the mod and unzip it into your /game/ folder for Endara Chronicles: The Apothecary.
2. Enjoy.

Instructions For Your Own Font:
1. Download the mod and unzip it into your /game/ folder for Endara Chronicles: The Apothecary.
2. Find a font you want to use, making sure it is a .TTF file, not another file type.
3. Make a copy of it somewhere and rename it to "Alvifont.ttf".
4. Transfer that file into the /game/fonts/ folder now located in your Endara Chronicles: The Apothecary directory.
5. Enjoy.

If you don't want to do all that, simply make a /fonts/ folder inside your /game/ folder and put the font you want to use within (making sure it is a .ttf or .TTF file). Rename it to "Alvifont.ttf" and restart the game.

Notes:

This mod replaces ALL the instances of the handwritten font, even in the nameplates and menu choice options.

The font in the mod itself has been tested in most screens and menus and does show up correctly without (much) misalignment. If you put in your own font, there may be issues with overlap and misalignment. Such errors are not going to be fixed/supported. The base mod will be.

It should be stable and useable across all previous and upcoming versions of The Apothecary. If you get a later update, you will need to re-mod. Easiest way is to just copy/paste over the mod from one version to the next in the same base location.

Last edited:

Soniram

Game Developer
Apr 16, 2021
How do you get ginseng?
A few different ways. You get one early in the game by looking through the attic (bedroom) stuff. You'll get seeds from Beatrice (check her hints in the journal) you can plant in the garden. So long as you don't sell the seeds, you should get a steady supply of them from growing them in the garden.

Woodstock_1983

Sep 16, 2020
A few different ways. You get one early in the game by looking through the attic (bedroom) stuff. You'll get seeds from Beatrice (check her hints in the journal) you can plant in the garden. So long as you don't sell the seeds, you should get a steady supply of them from growing them in the garden.
Thank. I also have a question about the game slow. Why should we have to keep going back to the journal to progress with the characters? Why not have the game flow on it's own and trigger the character stories on their own. If we need to have certain items to progress, the have that placed in the journal. it would be more fun and interesting. i stopped playing and deleted the game because it was getting boring.

Soniram

Game Developer
Apr 16, 2021
Thank. I also have a question about the game slow. Why should we have to keep going back to the journal to progress with the characters? Why not have the game flow on it's own and trigger the character stories on their own. If we need to have certain items to progress, the have that placed in the journal. it would be more fun and interesting. i stopped playing and deleted the game because it was getting boring.
It's a sandbox, not a kinetic novel.

I'm sure you'll develop your own game that isn't boring, yeah? Let me know if you do.

SamApocryph

Sep 8, 2022
Endara Chronicles: The Apothecary - Font Mod (PC/Mac/Linux)

Several people have talked about how difficult some of the fonts are to read, especially the hand-written one. In an effort to improve player experience, ECA's first official mod is made and released.

Instructions:
2. Enjoy.

Instructions For Your Own Font:
2. Find a font you want to use, making sure it is a .TTF file, not another file type.
3. Make a copy of it somewhere and rename it to "Alvifont.ttf".
4. Transfer that file into the /game/fonts/ folder now located in your Endara Chronicles: The Apothecary directory.
5. Enjoy.

If you don't want to do all that, simply make a /fonts/ folder inside your /game/ folder and put the font you want to use within (making sure it is a .ttf or .TTF file). Rename it to "Alvifont.ttf" and restart the game.

Notes:

This mod replaces ALL the instances of the handwritten font, even in the nameplates and menu choice options.

The font in the mod itself has been tested in most screens and menus and does show up correctly without (much) misalignment. If you put in your own font, there may be issues with overlap and misalignment. Such errors are not going to be fixed/supported. The base mod will be.

It should be stable and useable across all previous and upcoming versions of The Apothecary. If you get a later update, you will need to re-mod. Easiest way is to just copy/paste over the mod from one version to the next in the same base location.
I personally really enjoy the font, it adds to the immersion, however if I could suggest one small QoL change it would be to add the current day inside Journal -> Characters.
Sometimes I just forget or don't pay attention to which day I am in, and have to go back to check it and then comeback on the journal, I don't know if anyone else had this "issue" but it happened to me multiple times.
Here's an example :

Soniram

Game Developer
Apr 16, 2021
I personally really enjoy the font, it adds to the immersion, however if I could suggest one small QoL change it would be to add the current day inside Journal -> Characters.
Sometimes I just forget or don't pay attention to which day I am in, and have to go back to check it and then comeback on the journal, I don't know if anyone else had this "issue" but it happened to me multiple times.
Here's an example :
I love the idea. It'll be added in 0.6.

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

Thanks for the suggestion!

Last edited:

Woodstock_1983

Sep 16, 2020
It's a sandbox, not a kinetic novel.

I'm sure you'll develop your own game that isn't boring, yeah? Let me know if you do.
Sorry, I won't be making my own game because I don't understand coding or the concepts of creating a game, I just play them lol.

Soniram

Game Developer
Apr 16, 2021
yes, i have, with the husband hat thing right? cool idea btw
Then it should be there. I don't think it ever goes away unless you complete all the scenes (which extend into 0.6). I don't think there's an error in Lerran's hints so long as you have Lerran as a love interest.

There are so many paths and requirements for scenes, though, that it could be almost anything. If you want, you can send me a save file in DM and I can try to take a look.

lalka619

May 9, 2023
Help me pls. Why I can't continue Pridefall? The patch is installed. Here's the save and screenshot of the main menu:

Soniram

Game Developer
Apr 16, 2021
Help me pls. Why I can't continue Pridefall? The patch is installed. Here's the save and screenshot of the main menu:
I can't check exactly why, but I'm sure I have an answer. It's been asked and answered several times in this thread already.

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

The 0.6 fixes this issue (finally) by giving the exact needs in the thread's journal page. :)

Reactions: lalka619
4.40 star(s) 17 Votes