RPGM Complete [English Translation] [Patch] SEQUEL blight [1.3.0]

4.00 star(s) 4 Votes

sub-par

Jan 8, 2018
Over the week, I've been translating the remaining H-scenes. Today, I sat my butt down on the chair and translated all the dancing H-scenes (8 in total) to finish it all. I might have also translated some Tirma scenes too, but at this point I no longer remember what I've done. I also feel like I kind of phoned some of them in after a point. But at least it's fucking done ayyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy

Important notes:
  • The patch is now complete* with a small asterisk of the detailed lore details (detailed item and monster descriptions).
  • Proofreading is still underway.
Version 0.9.5 (OUTDATED):

Less important notes:
  • There's some issues I'd like to whine about. First, I've realized that there's probably a flaw with the new misc character name system. The same flaw also was in the previous name system too, so it's not a new problem. But since some names now span two lines, there may be situations where the name does not get fully rendered because there's a pause in the text that needs the player to push a button. And the pause happens before the full name is rendered. I'll probably be able to work around this though, if I notice it.
  • There are some tone issues with the characters. Nix is kind of an inconsistent mess. I don't like how I've ended up with Uula not using contractions a lot of the time. Many of the characters have some distinct phrases or expressions they use which I either didn't notice or implemented inconsistently.
  • I've not done well on documentation of anything, which doesn't help.
  • There are still a few problem expressions the game uses often which I just haven't found a good
  • I should've read a book about translation theory BEFORE translating the game and not after.

ASYLUM:
  • This week's ASYLUM blog post was more brief overviews on the side characters living in ASYLUM's town.
  • The doge plays some role other than being a training dummy, but the hakika-sensei didn't really elaborate. He's included in some scenes. "In other words, you know", the blog post says.
  • The big tity lady does alchemy and makes sex toys, plays a part in unlocking many scenes and also is included in some.
  • The boy (with blue hair) is a hero-type who knows ~lore~ and he's the one who'll be participating in the femboy scenes. Apparently the monster depicted will be attacking him, probably.
  • There wasn't much about the white-haired boy, except that he'll be included in some scenes (with Malice)
  • Again, this news doesn't fill me with confidence.

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

From where can I get into this area?
During chapter 3, after going through the military base Tirma comments that you can walk west to get to the town. That's how you get there. The enemies in the area are slightly stronger than the ones encountered during the rest of chapter 3. Also, it looks like you're not even using the translation patch so idk how you found this thread

Last edited:

kratoscar2008

Sep 28, 2018
Over the week, I've been translating the remaining H-scenes. Today, I sat my butt down on the chair and translated all the dancing H-scenes (8 in total) to finish it all. I might have also translated some Tirma scenes too, but at this point I no longer remember what I've done. I also feel like I kind of phoned some of them in after a point. But at least it's fucking done ayyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy

Important notes:
  • The patch is now complete* with a small asterisk of the detailed lore details (detailed item and monster descriptions).
  • Proofreading is still underway.
Version 0.9.5:

Less important notes:
  • There's some issues I'd like to whine about. First, I've realized that there's probably a flaw with the new misc character name system. The same flaw also was in the previous name system too, so it's not a new problem. But since some names now span two lines, there may be situations where the name does not get fully rendered because there's a pause in the text that needs the player to push a button. And the pause happens before the full name is rendered. I'll probably be able to work around this though, if I notice it.
  • There are some tone issues with the characters. Nix is kind of an inconsistent mess. I don't like how I've ended up with Uula not using contractions a lot of the time. Many of the characters have some distinct phrases or expressions they use which I either didn't notice or implemented inconsistently.
  • I've not done well on documentation of anything, which doesn't help.
  • There are still a few problem expressions the game uses often which I just haven't found a good
  • I should've read a book about translation theory BEFORE translating the game and not after.

ASYLUM:
  • This week's ASYLUM blog post was more brief overviews on the side characters living in ASYLUM's town.
  • The doge plays some role other than being a training dummy, but the hakika-sensei didn't really elaborate. He's included in some scenes. "In other words, you know", the blog post says.
  • The big tity lady does alchemy and makes sex toys, plays a part in unlocking many scenes and also is included in some.
  • The boy (with blue hair) is a hero-type who knows ~lore~ and he's the one who'll be participating in the femboy scenes. Apparently the monster depicted will be attacking him, probably.
  • There wasn't much about the white-haired boy, except that he'll be included in some scenes (with Malice)
  • Again, this news doesn't fill me with confidence.

During chapter 3, after going through the military base Tirma comments that you can walk west to get to the town. That's how you get there. The enemies in the area are slightly stronger than the ones encountered during the rest of chapter 3. Also, it looks like you're not even using the translation patch so idk how you found this thread
Thanks again.
Here some random art.
ERWisGyU0AERuhH.jpeg ERIlPfqU8AEKxrT.jpeg

SoulSearcher

Oct 6, 2019
From where can I get into this area?

View attachment 572167
You will get a direct teleport sword to [Miruess Army HQ] after a few chapters, from there you go South -> [Old Military Base], South again-> [Harsh Outcrops], West -> [Howling Forest], West -> and BANG it connects back here.
It's basically just a physical connection/route for a something you usually just skip by warping.
The Gate is just there to keep you from walking straight into the [Howling Forest] as it would instantly kill you. (And a game over could mean a lot of lost progress)

In short, you can reach the other side from the [Howling Forest].

*Edit, oh sub-par had already answered that below the latest patchnotes, oof.

Last edited:
Reactions: World enjoyer

Deleted member 601433

Donor
May 7, 2018
You will get a direct teleport sword to [Miruess Army HQ] after a few chapters, from there you go South -> [Old Military Base], South again-> [Harsh Outcrops], West -> [Howling Forest], West -> and BANG it connects back here.
It's basically just a physical connection/route for a something you usually just skip by warping.
The Gate is just there to keep you from walking straight into the [Howling Forest] as it would instantly kill you. (And a game over could mean a lot of lost progress)

In short, you can reach the other side from the [Howling Forest].
Ty for your answer. I already found it. This game has way to many maps to navigate trough...

Reactions: World enjoyer

Magdragon

Aug 5, 2016
Here is something I use for RPGM games without alternate resolutions. Lets you increase the window size so you can acually see things.

sub-par

Jan 8, 2018
The journey has just begun.

This patch translates the remaining lore that was left untranslated, making the translation complete instead of complete* with an asterisk. Still, there's a lot of editing that needs to be done.

Important notes:
  • This patch may introduce some issues with items because of the large amount of changes made. I imagine they should all be cosmetic, but please read the note about them below anyway.

Version 1.0.0 (OUTDATED):

Less important notes:
  • Whoops, I missed a very important word with the Mana Potion descriptions way back!! (they revive party members)
  • It was very tiring translating paragraphs that explain how the improved lump of junk has excellent power but probably takes considerable training. Over, and over, and over, in every single category of weapon, but in slightly different words each time. Fucking 270 weaponssaysfusydgfg
  • I definitely autopiloted a lot of the less important item descriptions. I did try to pay close attention with the unique items that have actually interesting lore to them.
  • The game data contains an item "Cat Ears" which I am pretty sure does not actually appear in game. Let me know if you find it without cheating and I'll translate its description too. If I had to guess I'd say it's from a previous hakika game, as it looks like a lot of code has been recycled.
  • One of the enemies (Piniflian, I think? Or the asset swap version) had a very satisfying enemy description and I unfortunately didn't do it justice. It began with マナそのものであるこの魔物 [mana sono mono de aru kono mamono] which is immensely fun to say, while 'this monster that is Mana itself' or whatever I ended up with isn't.

Least important notes:
  • A lot of the more interesting item and monster descriptions contained references to hakika's previous games. And I haven't even played them so I probably missed many more than I got. Because the games aren't translated and I haven't played them this might make some of them unreliable.
  • The Small Gear and the Heretic items, and probably some other ones I forgot about, talk about the Ancient Era's town. It's very obviously the starting town from hakika's second or third game c. 2013 歯車の街、アトライン which I would translate as the 'Town of Gears, Atline'. The Small Gear in particular even uses the words for the Town of Gears which I translated as such. The only problem is that the title screen of that game has the words "The Wheel Town" on it, but fuck that, that name sucks
99ba55a565.png 298f2c402a.png
  • One of the dragonfly monsters refers to dragonflies as one having been called Flying Bug Dragons. This is a somewhat literal translation of the term which seems to have come from hakika's 6th game Liberty Step. Incidentally, the Japanese word for dragonfly doesn't contain "dragon" in it, and that's why the ponderings about their relation to dragons may sound silly.
  • Basically everything about the Immortal Goddess is probably a reference to Ruinswald, hakika's second or third game. I dunno which came first.
  • Everything about Riffa is a reference to hakika's fourth game, Silver Tower. That's the protagonist's name.
  • My notes are telling me to pontificate about the reductivity of translation and what I should be doing to combat it, and to tidy up my list of problems and post them for everyone to see, but I've been writing this post for an hour now and I want to go do something else

Last edited:

carb0n

Nov 21, 2019
Oh hey just saw your post here and on "that other place".
Congratz on releasing 1.0, and holy shit that was fast.
Wanted to send you a pm but it won't let me unless I made 3 posts before...
Anyways good work on completely translating this monster of a game.

Reactions: sub-par

sub-par

Jan 8, 2018
I figured I'd write up an actual post about what problems the translation currently has so you have an idea of what to expect.

For regular old proofreading problems there are:
  • Linebreaking is generally awful.
  • Some sentences are clumsy.
  • There are errors here and there.
  • Name formatting changes need to be finished.
But these are trivial problems to fix. The more dire problem is that the tones of some characters have deeper issues or are inconsistent. Here's how I feel about the major characters as of now:
  • Rabi is in a decent state. She's the doofus. I'm pretty satisfied with the lines that are Rabi being Rabi, but I feel sometimes I've written her too prosaically.
  • Uula is a small mess. She sounds like she looks, the archetype of anime girl that's tiny so they try to act and speak very maturely, but can't get it quite right. I think that dropping contractions was not the play here. But that's here to stay because it's too much work to fix it now.
  • Nix is a big mess. She's the silent girl, the alien that came down to earth. She speaks in distinctly few words, and I'm constantly trying to balance understandability and tone. Whenever I fail to do this it's very noticeable. Also, using commas to sometimes indicate pauses in her speech instead of ellipses was not the play. I've decided to keep her as the only character who speaks to the protagonist in third person.
  • Tirma is in a good state. She's the sound of reason in the party and is unceasingly respectful, even when angry. I think she's tied with Dire as the character with the most consistent tone.
  • Dire is in a good state. He's the snarky sound of reason in the party that sometimes gets rude. But I should change every time he says "Hey, " into "Oi, " though, because that's literally what he says and no other remarkable character does that.
Overall, the main cast is in an okay state. While editing, I'm striving to make Uula sound a little less awkward, Nix sound consistent, and Rabi use more colloquialisms.
Then there's the minor characters:
  • Fake-Rabi is in a decent state. He has much of Rabi's peculiarities and a few of his own.
  • Lilia is in an unknown state. As a character, she's not a very memorable and I haven't been paying attention to her lines because proofreading hasn't reached Palgadol.
  • Lione I'm unsure about. She's adult who sounds like a kid inside. A lot of her lines ended in extended vowels which I reflected using a lot of ~, but I'm not confident that's good.
  • Cemika is in a good state. Her most distinctive features are the stutter and the creepy laugh (and low self-esteem), which were very easy to handle.
  • Pretty is a mess. She uses a little bit of archaic respectful language, but I've not been very consistent about it. Her shan'ts and esteemeds need some work.
  • Shugulana is not good. She uses a bunch of archaic pronouns and maintains a respectful speech, but I've barely tried to do anything about it. I've got some ideas on how to fix her without resorting to Shakespearean language.
  • Lesslie is a mess. She has a verbal tic that gets pointed out, and sort of tries to speak to everyone as if they were her inferior. I didn't do a great job at any of this.
  • Almakarma and Nosva are okay. They aren't very distinctive apart from Nosva using few words and Almakarma meowing.
Mainly Pretty, Shugulana, Lesslie, and maybe Lilia need special attention during editing. Now why would I care about how the four incarnations talk, you ask? Well, it's because they can join the party in SEQUEL awake. Call it future-proofing.

Those were all text-level or sentence-level problems, but there are also some word-level problems. And while looking at individual words instead of texts is often a good way to end up with janky translationese, that doesn't mean I can just ignore illocutionary aspects and go with whatever my brain first throws out. Especially the H-sections have a lot of clumsy stuff which is mostly because of my inexperience in writing smut:
  • I've been overusing "lewd", reducing variance. It's a tempting road to describe everything as lewd but I probably should mix it up other words like the Japanese text does.
  • I've used some mega janky translations for a few words which need to be fixed or written around.
  • Some instances of "flesh" must go. It's not a very sexy thing to read about, is it? Wrenching the wet flesh open? Hello yes is this the police I would like to report a menace to society
  • Japanese has a character for glottal stops which sometimes appears casually by itself during h-scenes. It probably should consistently be represented with a "gh" or "!" or something.

ASYLUM news
  • There was a short blog post with a Twitter video of some . Development has continued at a faster pace than expected. If this rate keeps up, it's possible the game may release earlier or have more H-scenes than planned.

Oh hey just saw your post here and on "that other place".
Congratz on releasing 1.0, and holy shit that was fast.
Wanted to send you a pm but it won't let me unless I made 3 posts before...
Anyways good work on completely translating this monster of a game.
Thanks! Very helpfully for the translation progress I had this week off from university because it was between study periods. Most of it was spent doing the lore.

kratoscar2008

Sep 28, 2018
The journey has just begun.

This patch translates the remaining lore that was left untranslated, making the translation complete instead of complete* with an asterisk. Still, there's a lot of editing that needs to be done.

Important notes:
  • This patch may introduce some issues with items because of the large amount of changes made. I imagine they should all be cosmetic, but please read the note about them below anyway.

Version 1.0.0:

Less important notes:
  • Whoops, I missed a very important word with the Mana Potion descriptions way back!! (they revive party members)
  • It was very tiring translating paragraphs that explain how the improved lump of junk has excellent power but probably takes considerable training. Over, and over, and over, in every single category of weapon, but in slightly different words each time. Fucking 270 weaponssaysfusydgfg
  • I definitely autopiloted a lot of the less important item descriptions. I did try to pay close attention with the unique items that have actually interesting lore to them.
  • The game data contains an item "Cat Ears" which I am pretty sure does not actually appear in game. Let me know if you find it without cheating and I'll translate its description too. If I had to guess I'd say it's from a previous hakika game, as it looks like a lot of code has been recycled.
  • One of the enemies (Piniflian, I think? Or the asset swap version) had a very satisfying enemy description and I unfortunately didn't do it justice. It began with マナそのものであるこの魔物 [mana sono mono de aru kono mamono] which is immensely fun to say, while 'this monster that is Mana itself' or whatever I ended up with isn't.

Least important notes:
  • A lot of the more interesting item and monster descriptions contained references to hakika's previous games. And I haven't even played them so I probably missed many more than I got. Because the games aren't translated and I haven't played them this might make some of them unreliable.
  • The Small Gear and the Heretic items, and probably some other ones I forgot about, talk about the Ancient Era's town. It's very obviously the starting town from hakika's second or third game c. 2013 歯車の街、アトライン which I would translate as the 'Town of Gears, Atline'. The Small Gear in particular even uses the words for the Town of Gears which I translated as such. The only problem is that the title screen of that game has the words "The Wheel Town" on it, but fuck that, that name sucks
View attachment 578620 View attachment 578659
  • One of the dragonfly monsters refers to dragonflies as one having been called Flying Bug Dragons. This is a somewhat literal translation of the term which seems to have come from hakika's 6th game Liberty Step. Incidentally, the Japanese word for dragonfly doesn't contain "dragon" in it, and that's why the ponderings about their relation to dragons may sound silly.
  • Basically everything about the Immortal Goddess is probably a reference to Ruinswald, hakika's second or third game. I dunno which came first.
  • Everything about Riffa is a reference to hakika's fourth game, Silver Tower. That's the protagonist's name.
  • My notes are telling me to pontificate about the reductivity of translation and what I should be doing to combat it, and to tidy up my list of problems and post them for everyone to see, but I've been writing this post for an hour now and I want to go do something else

I figured I'd write up an actual post about what problems the translation currently has so you have an idea of what to expect.

For regular old proofreading problems there are:
  • Linebreaking is generally awful.
  • Some sentences are clumsy.
  • There are errors here and there.
  • Name formatting changes need to be finished.
But these are trivial problems to fix. The more dire problem is that the tones of some characters have deeper issues or are inconsistent. Here's how I feel about the major characters as of now:
  • Rabi is in a decent state. She's the doofus. I'm pretty satisfied with the lines that are Rabi being Rabi, but I feel sometimes I've written her too prosaically.
  • Uula is a small mess. She sounds like she looks, the archetype of anime girl that's tiny so they try to act and speak very maturely, but can't get it quite right. I think that dropping contractions was not the play here. But that's here to stay because it's too much work to fix it now.
  • Nix is a big mess. She's the silent girl, the alien that came down to earth. She speaks in distinctly few words, and I'm constantly trying to balance understandability and tone. Whenever I fail to do this it's very noticeable. Also, using commas to sometimes indicate pauses in her speech instead of ellipses was not the play. I've decided to keep her as the only character who speaks to the protagonist in third person.
  • Tirma is in a good state. She's the sound of reason in the party and is unceasingly respectful, even when angry. I think she's tied with Dire as the character with the most consistent tone.
  • Dire is in a good state. He's the snarky sound of reason in the party that sometimes gets rude. But I should change every time he says "Hey, " into "Oi, " though, because that's literally what he says and no other remarkable character does that.
Overall, the main cast is in an okay state. While editing, I'm striving to make Uula sound a little less awkward, Nix sound consistent, and Rabi use more colloquialisms.
Then there's the minor characters:
  • Fake-Rabi is in a decent state. He has much of Rabi's peculiarities and a few of his own.
  • Lilia is in an unknown state. As a character, she's not a very memorable and I haven't been paying attention to her lines because proofreading hasn't reached Palgadol.
  • Lione I'm unsure about. She's adult who sounds like a kid inside. A lot of her lines ended in extended vowels which I reflected using a lot of ~, but I'm not confident that's good.
  • Cemika is in a good state. Her most distinctive features are the stutter and the creepy laugh (and low self-esteem), which were very easy to handle.
  • Pretty is a mess. She uses a little bit of archaic respectful language, but I've not been very consistent about it. Her shan'ts and esteemeds need some work.
  • Shugulana is not good. She uses a bunch of archaic pronouns and maintains a respectful speech, but I've barely tried to do anything about it. I've got some ideas on how to fix her without resorting to Shakespearean language.
  • Lesslie is a mess. She has a verbal tic that gets pointed out, and sort of tries to speak to everyone as if they were her inferior. I didn't do a great job at any of this.
  • Almakarma and Nosva are okay. They aren't very distinctive apart from Nosva using few words and Almakarma meowing.
Mainly Pretty, Shugulana, Lesslie, and maybe Lilia need special attention during editing. Now why would I care about how the four incarnations talk, you ask? Well, it's because they can join the party in SEQUEL awake. Call it future-proofing.

Those were all text-level or sentence-level problems, but there are also some word-level problems. And while looking at individual words instead of texts is often a good way to end up with janky translationese, that doesn't mean I can just ignore illocutionary aspects and go with whatever my brain first throws out. Especially the H-sections have a lot of clumsy stuff which is mostly because of my inexperience in writing smut:
  • I've been overusing "lewd", reducing variance. It's a tempting road to describe everything as lewd but I probably should mix it up other words like the Japanese text does.
  • I've used some mega janky translations for a few words which need to be fixed or written around.
  • Some instances of "flesh" must go. It's not a very sexy thing to read about, is it? Wrenching the wet flesh open? Hello yes is this the police I would like to report a menace to society
  • Japanese has a character for glottal stops which sometimes appears casually by itself during h-scenes. It probably should consistently be represented with a "gh" or "!" or something.

ASYLUM news
  • There was a short blog post with a Twitter video of some . Development has continued at a faster pace than expected. If this rate keeps up, it's possible the game may release earlier or have more H-scenes than planned.

Thanks! Very helpfully for the translation progress I had this week off from university because it was between study periods. Most of it was spent doing the lore.
Hey man thanks a lot for your hard work and insightful posts (Even if I get easily lost as an ESL).
Btw what makes you less hyped about Asylum? To me its since I dont like female MC stuff but that doesnt seems to be an issue for you.
EHteDFRU0AIvKNg.png q ECQ2uJfVUAEqHP6.png ELKp5GtUcAA6rQz.jpeg

Reactions: Blake639

Phenir

Sep 28, 2019
During the male hunting rabbit event, after you stand on the spot to complete the event, the text is untranslated including the event completion message.

sub-par

Jan 8, 2018
During the male hunting rabbit event, after you stand on the spot to complete the event, the text is untranslated including the event completion message.
Shit, you're right and no one said anything to me in months. Thanks! I guess I'll have to rig up a quick small patch tomorrow morning to fix that and check if I made the same mistake anywhere else.

It is actually translated in my project file, but that doesn't help because an earlier piece of text in the room needed a manual edit. So I've been gleefully overwriting the fully translated map file with a partly-translated map file that has a fix for one line translator++ didn't handle properly... :cry:

Hey man thanks a lot for your hard work and insightful posts (Even if I get easily lost as an ESL).
Btw what makes you less hyped about Asylum? To me its since I dont like female MC stuff but that doesnt seems to be an issue for you.
View attachment 579658 q View attachment 579660 View attachment 579661
I'm glad you like them.

As for ASYLUM... It's not really anything in particular, just a lot of small things. I'm okay with female protagonists, but I'm not a huge fan of solo scenes. I'm wondering how many of those we'll get. Definitely not a fan of poop stuff, but it's not gonna be the end of the world even if there's two scenes somewhere in there. Can't say I'm looking forward to any scenes with the wolf either, unless he turns into a cute anime character somehow.

I liked the exploration, gameplay, and atmosphere in the demo pretty well, but I don't like how there will be some events that you can't do with the easy mode on. And I liked having the party members in SEQUEL chime in with flavorful stuff and examining objects to get silly text. Also something about the appearance of the purple small girl (Versa? I forgot what her name was) feels off to me but I can't quite figure out what.

But still, I'll probably buy and play it when it comes out.

• Thinking Face
Reactions: kratoscar2008

sub-par

Jan 8, 2018
Today, a small patch that includes the missing translation for the end of event 083, and whatever fixes I had going on otherwise.

Important notes:
  • Nix's name is changed to Nyx, but if she's in your party when you update the game, her status window will still use the name Nixryuuna. The game probably keeps track of your party members' names in the save file.
  • There was a serious bug in 1.0.1a and 1.0.1 that allowed you to warp to Aurum Base before you were supposed to. Please download 1.0.1b below.

Version 1.0.1b (OUTDATED):

Less important notes:
  • I should be studying for tomorrow's exam and not writing notes

Last edited:

Maouhime

Aug 3, 2017
I remenber seeying a tl thread made by sub par back on ulmf and now its no longer there.
Wonder what even happened to that.

On that note thanks for your hard work.

Last edited:

sub-par

Jan 8, 2018
Public service announcement: if you downloaded 1.0.1 or 1.0.1a, please update to 1.0.1b because of a bug in the transfer swords that allows warping to Aurum Base before intended. I accidentally replaced the name and the code piece that checks if you've touched the sword with some other line.

I remenber seeying a tl thread made by sub par back on ulmf and now its no longer there.
Wonder what even happened to that.

On that note thanks for your hard work.
Yeah, I posted a thread there last week too. And I just noticed that every time I make an edit to the OP, it disappears to be reviewed for a moderator. So I'm going to try to avoid doing that in the future. But on the other hand, that means no one on ULMF downloaded a bugged patch because they couldn't see the thread :V

Reactions: kaksois

Mistervd

Nov 25, 2017
This is really awesome dude thanks! c
Cant wait for the other two *wink*

sub-par

Jan 8, 2018
Basic proofreading is complete! But the adventure continues. I would hope that this is the last patch, but that's probably unlikely. No doubt there's still some fixes I need to make and tiny patches to post. But in any case, this patch should be the more-or-less the final version. There should be no more large changes, I hope.

Version 1.1.0a (OUTDATED):

Less important notes:
  • I'll probably make a long post-mortem post of sorts for this project tomorrow, along with whatever ASYLUM news there is.
  • Last week's ASYLUM news post was basically "it's progressing."
  • Surak Prila's greataxe is renamed to Surak Pilila's greataxe, because she is in SEQUEL awake and "Prila" is not heroine name material. (スラク・ピリラ [suraku pirira]) Pilila is not great either, because apparently that's Spanish for dick, but, well. Pirila? Pilira? Pilra? Pirla? Nothing really feels great.
  • Lesslie's verbal tic is now more of a disaster; it's simply transliterated. In addition, the archaisms she uses are inconsistently reflected in her lines, if at all, despite the first H-scene pointing it out. I'll play SEQUEL awake and think about what to do with both, if anything. Girls do their best now and are preparing. Please watch warmly until it is ready.
  • I hate autocomplete. It turned "harsh" into "High-level aarsh" and I'll never live that down.

Last edited:

kratoscar2008

Sep 28, 2018
Basic proofreading is complete! But the adventure continues. I would hope that this is the last patch, but that's probably unlikely. No doubt there's still some fixes I need to make and tiny patches to post. But in any case, this patch should be the more-or-less the final version. There should be no more large changes, I hope.

Version 1.1.0a:

Less important notes:
  • I'll probably make a long post-mortem post of sorts for this project tomorrow, along with whatever ASYLUM news there is.
  • Last week's ASYLUM news post was basically "it's progressing."
  • Surak Prila's greataxe is renamed to Surak Pilila's greataxe, because she is in SEQUEL awake and "Prila" is not heroine name material. (スラク・ピリラ [suraku pirira]) Pilila is not great either, because apparently that's Spanish for dick, but, well. Pirila? Pilira? Pilra? Pirla? Nothing really feels great.
  • Lesslie's verbal tic is now more of a disaster; it's simply transliterated. In addition, the archaisms she uses are inconsistently reflected in her lines, if at all, despite the first H-scene pointing it out. I'll play SEQUEL awake and think about what to do with both, if anything. Girls do their best now and are preparing. Please watch warmly until it is ready.
  • I hate autocomplete. It turned "harsh" into "High-level aarsh" and I'll never live that down.

I have never hear someone name a cock Prila or Pilila. Pene, verga, pito, polla, pija, poronga, amiguito are the ones the most common one though maybe its a regional thing since im from Central America and we speak Latino while in places like Spain they use Castellano.
As always thanks for the patch.

• Thinking Face

Dybbuk

Feb 19, 2019
I have never hear someone name a cock Prila or Pilila.
For what is worth, I can confirm that Pilila is definitively used in Spain (you will not hear many grown men call it like that, but they will certainly know what you are talking about).

kratoscar2008

Sep 28, 2018
I
For what is worth, I can confirm that Pilila is definitively used in Spain (you will not hear many grown men call it like that, but they will certainly know what you are talking about).
I see well then I guess that isnt a good name then lol.

sub-par

Jan 8, 2018
45cd9166aa.png :unsure: ...Yeah, I guess I might have to go with Pirila.

I know I said I'd post yesterday, but then I spent the time doing something else instead. Probably watching the ongoing AOE2 tournament on twitch. Anyway, yesterday's Leaf Geometry blog post was about the H-scenes in ASYLUM, which had two main points:
  • While the SEQUEL games had two h-scene variations of the each CG, the number of variations in ASYLUM isn't fixed to a single number.
  • On top of regular h-scenes, ASYLUM will have "miniscenes" in the form of simplified versions of already-seen full scenes. (Apparently this is slightly different to how SEQUEL colony has them, but I haven't played that game.)

Anyway, project post-mortem. I'll actually keep it brief. I started translating SEQUEL blight on 14/10/2019, some time before posting this thread. I worked on the translation on 105 of the 158 days during that timespan. I learned a lot of things, some specific and tiny, but these two the most important and applicable to everything:

1) It's a really good idea to play the game from start to finish BEFORE translation
Read the god damn work while making notes. About the characters, about the vocabulary, about possible issues. This is what like every translation textbook tells you to do. Instead, I only played about half of the game some time in 2018 before suddenly picking the project up. While translating as I played was a great motivation to keep going, it wasn't great for quality, consistency, and ease of translation.

2) It's an even better idea to plan things
Go in with a translation strategy and goals, not only for the project in general but for specific issues like characters' registers and the text's tone. Instead, I barely used my brain and worked on instinct. Not only could I have avoided issues like the awful linebreaking and inconsistent speech styles for the characters, I could've avoided a lot of extra work in having to manually edit stuff in RPGMaker Editor all the time.

Having come this far, something I once read on the internet comes to mind. It was about how if you want to be a one-person army you need to be ready to do the work of an army. It might be true.

4.00 star(s) 4 Votes