Comics CG Enthralled: My Squienis Story [Part 1-4] [OhWee]

5.00 star(s) 2 Votes

bosa43

Oct 20, 2017
Glad you included megan loved the TP and sad that there wasn't much fan art of her (as far as i could see)

Reactions: OhWee

OhWee

Forum Fanatic
Modder
Game Developer
Jun 17, 2017
Glad you included megan loved the TP and sad that there wasn't much fan art of her (as far as i could see)
I can't believe that I forgot to like your post when I saw it a while back. Of course, I had my nose buried in Renpy code, but still...

Yeah, I love having Meg(han) as a 'hub character' in my story. The story does revolve around her in a way...
In any case, I'm glad that it makes you happy too!
;)

OK, now on to why I am here posting in my thread at this moment...

APOLOGIES EVERYONE!

I got distracted by Brothel King (the game), and ended up coding an interface mod for it. Those that have used my enhanced interface like what I've done, and are hoping that it gets incorporated into the base game, which is rather nice that they think that. But the end result is that I haven't been working on Enthralled for a several weeks now...

Anyways, I'm done with that distraction for now, so that ends today!!!!

Behold, another teaser render!

EnthralledRVCampMegDeeDads2.jpg

OK, so yeah this is just a continuation from where I left off last time, but I love the setup here... the dialogue for this scene should be rather fun...
:p

See what happens when you keep taking Dee to the nudist beach?!?

So yeah, I'm getting back into the groove!
Back to work!
:cool:

U

User_819112

Behold, another teaser render!
This is a very promising scene! Now I'll wait for the new part even more. Great job!

I also admire your attention to detail and your wonderful work with light. When I tried to make my first render I realized how many nuances must be observed to simply give the character a natural pose :) But there is still the environment, composition, shadows, getting rid of noise (with all this I have great difficulties) and a hundred little things that are needed to get the output quality result! So it's really a lot of work and I thank you for it, OhWee.

And I'm very intrigued by this teaser. :)

Reactions: Khizad and OhWee

OhWee

Forum Fanatic
Modder
Game Developer
Jun 17, 2017
This is a very promising scene! Now I'll wait for the new part even more. Great job!

I also admire your attention to detail and your wonderful work with light. When I tried to make my first render I realized how many nuances must be observed to simply give the character a natural pose :) But there is still the environment, composition, shadows, getting rid of noise (with all this I have great difficulties) and a hundred little things that are needed to get the output quality result! So it's really a lot of work and I thank you for it, OhWee.

And I'm very intrigued by this teaser. :)
While I do appreciate the compliment, I have to admit that I'm 'cheating' and being lazy here, at least with the lighting.

The forest environment is an HDRI sphere, which is providing all of the lighting. I did tweak the brightness of the HDRI a bit, and adjusted a couple of other settings slightly, but that's pretty much it. The harder part is aligning the sphere with the RV and characters, so that it looks natural, and so that the road and RV looked to be positioned correctly relative to each other.. The 'ground shadow' option also helps a lot in making the 'floating characters' look like they are standing on the ground as opposed to floating in a sphere, with perhaps an adjustment to the strength of said ground shadows (there's a slider for that)...

I've become a huge fan of HDRIs, due to the fact that they are less resource intensive (usually), hence allowing me to do things like squeeze four characters and an RV into a scene like this one, and still fit in my 6.4 GB of available graphics memory...

Plus the lighting just is more natural looking. I do occasionally augment with another spot here and there, but they do often provide a compelling lighting as is. Particularly in outdoor settings such as this one.

Another shout out to HDRIHaven.com for their HDRIs, although I think this particular HDRI is from some Yellowstone set, or something similar that I grabbed from the Daz store.

OhWee

Forum Fanatic
Modder
Game Developer
Jun 17, 2017
Update timeframe?
None currently. It's coming, but I have Renpy coding on the brain at the moment, and that sucks the artistic life out of me when I'm focused on that.

Renpy/Python aren't my jam, so most things that I want to do (mainly involving variable math interactions) give me headaches and require lots of testing to get working right... There's a few 'loose ends' with my BK Renpy mods that have been nagging at me, so while I thought I was 'done', well I'm not really 'done' with those mods quite yet...

I'll wrap up chapter 2 of Enthralled fairly soon though. Not sure exactly when, but it's next on my 'to do' list.

Reactions: Magixian

OhWee

Forum Fanatic
Modder
Game Developer
Jun 17, 2017
Whatever that means, it makes my brain hurt just to read it.
It makes my brain hurt too. I used to be fairly good at math... but I've forgotten most of what I've learned, plus Python isn't my jam in the first place, so I struggle as best I can. I find that aspirin helps... as does getting distracted regularly by my kitties!

OhWee

Forum Fanatic
Modder
Game Developer
Jun 17, 2017
Soooo, I'm thinking that, at some point after they all meet, the gals shoot a TV show pilot together...

NewTaarakianTales_OhWee_1.jpg

Just warming up my art skills as I dive back into this again (finally...)

I'll probably use this as a story panel somewhere.

OhWee

Forum Fanatic
Modder
Game Developer
Jun 17, 2017
So, I'm back at work on this. Apologies for the delay, but I needed to shift gears for a bit (the Renpy mod thing...).

I've given this some thought, and for me at least, the best way to proceed is to start releasing Part 2 story panels (in order) as I finish them up. I still have a number of renders to do, but a few people have been patiently waiting for this continuation, so 'teasing' them out will at least allow those that have been watching this thread for updates to continue to follow the story as it develops.

My goal is to have all of Part 2 wrapped up in the next week or two, if I can stay focused. I have a few panels rendered already (just need the dialogue treatment), some of which I've shared, but I have some more that I need to put together and render as well.

My last post (The Taarakian Tales render, blame Heavy Metal, and Dee for being so cute and sexy as a badass) helped get me excited about rendering these characters again. I appreciated the longer than planned break from 'focused' rendering, but it was worthwhile to me.

I'll post up each panel as it's completed, individually or as a small handful. Once I hit the end of Part 2, I'll zip everything up and post an 'official update' in the OP. Part 2 starts off quietly, but it's a start nonetheless.

So without further ado, and so it continues...

58_Enthralled_OhWee.jpg 59_Enthralled_OhWee.jpg 60_Enthralled_OhWee.jpg 61_Enthralled_OhWee.jpg 62_Enthralled_OhWee.jpg

More panels coming soon!

Last edited:

OhWee

Forum Fanatic
Modder
Game Developer
Jun 17, 2017
Thanks for the compliment @Fapmeister21 ! There are better artists than me, but it's nice to know that I can impress occasionally...

So, I've been slightly sidetracked. I wanted to expand on a bit of the dialogue in part 2 with a flashback, and this is requiring me to dial in a character that's proving a bit more challenging than I had planned. But it's Enthralled related, so it counts. I'll try to post a few more panels in the next little bit here though!

Reactions: Fapmeister21

OhWee

Forum Fanatic
Modder
Game Developer
Jun 17, 2017
Bad news...

So, my rendering system is down. I'm typing this on my 'backup' laptop which isn't well suited for rendering (older 13" AMD with integrated AMD graphics).

I'm trying to resurrect my other system, but it looks like a motherboard fault (can't even access the bios currently). The drives are most likely intact, and I did a backup, although not in the last couple of weeks. I just checked the price on 1080 Ti's HOLEY FUCK those got expensive again, even more than before during the crypto boom possibly...

So I'll need to come up with a rendering system somehow, and some external enclosures for my drives (I know where to get these, but they can take time to ship, especially for the NVME drive enclosure).

So, you won't see much from me for the next little bit, while I solve my hardware issues. I was hammering away at recreating a new character for the story, but I can't access that data currently.

Sorry guys!
:(

riddikk91

Apr 22, 2017
Bad news...

So, my rendering system is down. I'm typing this on my 'backup' laptop which isn't well suited for rendering (older 13" AMD with integrated AMD graphics).

I'm trying to resurrect my other system, but it looks like a motherboard fault (can't even access the bios currently). The drives are most likely intact, and I did a backup, although not in the last couple of weeks. I just checked the price on 1080 Ti's HOLEY FUCK those got expensive again, even more than before during the crypto boom possibly...

So I'll need to come up with a rendering system somehow, and some external enclosures for my drives (I know where to get these, but they can take time to ship, especially for the NVME drive enclosure).

So, you won't see much from me for the next little bit, while I solve my hardware issues. I was hammering away at recreating a new character for the story, but I can't access that data currently.

Sorry guys!
:(
Dude - that sucks for you... sure - I'm disappointed but your problem is a LOT worse than mine!!! :( :( Hopefully you are able to get another MoBo to get yourself back up & running!! Thanks for etting us all know though - you're a champ!!

Reactions: Pundee and OhWee
5.00 star(s) 2 Votes