Do you want unofficial English translation?

• Yes

Votes: 3,899 97.4%
  • No

Votes: 105 2.6%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Courier_Young

Dec 10, 2021
I'm actually thinking the dev could get some help from stable diffusion, since ONLY from my point view, the art is quite mediocre, which has become an obstacle for its nice gameplay (alongwith other games, I have played them all)

EDIT:while SD is still imperfect, used it in auxiliary way is possible(background, nondescript people etc.), without modification towards artstyle it helps artists improve their productivity.

SD itself as a tool, should we realize it isn't creative, and what it generates depends on artists. so things like taking over are a twisting of my opinion.

i delete my posts after this since they are impertinent, i apologize for this mistake, sorry for the trouble moderator.

Last edited:

loup5264

Jun 11, 2020
I'm actually thinking the dev could get some help from stable diffusion, since ONLY from my point view, the art is quite medicore, which has become an obstacle for its nice gameplay (alongwith other games, I have played them all)

If OP admin you're reading this, please consider propose it for them, much appreciated.
I think the visuals look nice

Szarala

Nov 6, 2018
I'm actually thinking the dev could get some help from stable diffusion, since ONLY from my point view, the art is quite medicore, which has become an obstacle for its nice gameplay (alongwith other games, I have played them all)

If OP admin you're reading this, please consider propose it for them, much appreciated.
Hard disagree, in fact I think that would be a step backwards for multiple reasons.

For one thing, the macro-pixel artstyle is unique to this dev and sorta their calling card. If you're looking for something similar to what Stable Diffusion produces, you'll find them a dime a dozen both on this site and elsewhere.

Second, the pixel art allows for animated scenes, which have been well-done in this series. Are you wanting static CGs instead? Again, plenty out there is that's what you want.

Third, and perhaps most importantly, AI tools like Stable Diffusion aren't very good at creating multiple instances of the same subject. Take a look at the four screenshots from this mess for instance. All ostensibly the same character but four wildly different variations.

Tau_Iota

Aug 22, 2018
Hard disagree, in fact I think that would be a step backwards for multiple reasons.

For one thing, the macro-pixel artstyle is unique to this dev and sorta their calling card. If you're looking for something similar to what Stable Diffusion produces, you'll find them a dime a dozen both on this site and elsewhere.

Second, the pixel art allows for animated scenes, which have been well-done in this series. Are you wanting static CGs instead? Again, plenty out there is that's what you want.

Third, and perhaps most importantly, AI tools like Stable Diffusion aren't very good at creating multiple instances of the same subject. Take a look at the four screenshots from this mess for instance. All ostensibly the same character but four wildly different variations.
Exactly, like it's not the greatest pixel art ever, but it's unique and allows Fuyuo to tell their story in the art rather than long text logs. Using Stable Diffusion removes all of that.

IMNOVIRGIN

Jan 24, 2018
it's still an imperfect tool for you for now, isn't it?
The problem with AI CG is that it is an imperfect tool. Sure in the future, AI CG will likely compete against real artists of all calibres, no doubt. But right now, Stable diffusion cannot compete with pixel artists. Hell! It can barely compete with most normal artists in consistency.

tl;dr AI CG is basically early access on steam

Jul 9, 2018
it's still an imperfect tool for you for now, isn't it?
Gotta agree with the others, AI art would not improve the quality of the game, and would detract from it. Fuyou's art is simple compared to some stuff that's out there, but its a less is more kinda simple. His story and games would feel weird with a hyper realistic CG or overly fancy hand drawn, whether human made or AI.

The art, gameplay, story, etc, all mesh together to make something good. It'd be like trying to make banana bread without bananas. The end result might be okay, but it won't be banana bread.

ilmncsm

Apr 10, 2018
You're missing or ignoring a fairly important part of the argument against using AI generated art for this which other's have already said but I'll reiterate.

One, Fuyou has a very distinct style of pixel art, and that pixel style is what a fair chunk of their fans are here for. AI generated can look fantastic sure, but it isn't particularly good at keeping one set style.

Two, his current style lends itself well to simple to produce animations, which switching to AI generated art would not allow. All the scenes would become static CG rather than animated, which would be a significant downgrade in many eyes.

Three, and I don't think anyone's brought up this yet, Fuyou's style that they've developed seems to be both simple and easy enough for them to produce that they can sustain an abosolutely insane development pace compared to a lot of other developers. Their first game came out in May 2021, the second in June, barely more than a month later, and the third in April of 2022. That's less than a year to produce Scarlet War Maiden. Even if they could reuse parts of the programing from their earlier work that is still less than a year to make a complete reasonable length RPG, and they looks set to basically repeat the feat in producing another RPG barely more than a year after they released the previous one. Changing up their entire methodology of making their art seems like the kind of thing that would take a lot of time to adapt too. Why would Fuyou be interested in changing what seems to be a well established system that will let them continuously churn out new games?

Finally, on the matter of money, while I don't have any particular evidence, I have to say it doesn't seem to be particularly important too Fuyou. The price on DLsite for the games is far lower than comparable works, and they are also often on sale when I spot them. Scarlet War Maiden sold better than the previous two and was a bit more expensive but even then it seems like they would be charging a lot more, and advertising more if the primary motivation behind the games was money. It seems to me to be more of a hobby or passion project that is earning money to pay for itself, not to live off of. I've certainly paid more for games shorter and honestly worse than Scarlet War Maiden.

IMNOVIRGIN

Jan 24, 2018
i concede ai is still imperfect, but trying to agaist the trend sounds like a much more stupidty.
A lot of people are against AI CG not because its "trendy" or "hip". In this specific case, AI CG is WWWAAAYYY to unpredictable and doesn't have any specific style. Fuyou's art style is unique and no current AI is going to be able to compete with it.

if i can't make something then I can't judge it?
You certainly have a full right to judge, that doesn't mean your opinion is going to be the same as the public's opinion, nor does it mean you're right.

Besides, I'm simply offering a possibility about making it better, games of this club never reach top 100 per year on dlsite from 2013 to 2022(i played them all, checking it yourself if you don't believe), i don't want to put it low, and i hypothesize the dev wants to make some real money, this could and might be profitable, it will at least improve your productivity if you don't wanna put your hands on artstyle.
AI CG =/= good H-game.

A lot of Dslite's top 100 games have various reasons why they get that spot. Gameplay, story, , followers, outside influence, ect ect ect.

slapping on AI CG onto what is already a good game (to us) won't slam it up into the top 100. In fact, if done poorly it might even drop the rating!

Reactions: RottenCitizen

Szarala

Nov 6, 2018
What's this animosity?
I think the main reason you're receiving such a visceral reaction is because you're trying to change something people like to fit your own tastes. If you had instead said "Someone should make a game like this, but using AI art instead", the worst response you would have gotten would have been along the lines of "that probably wouldn't work, but shine on you crazy diamond!".

The other thing is that the thing you're trying to change is what makes them unique in the first place, and it is somewhat insulting to even suggest it. It would be like if you said to Salvador Dali "I dunno man, have you tried being less trippy? You'd sell more!".

4.30 star(s) 7 Votes