5.00 star(s) 1 Vote
Mar 18, 2020
I wasn't really fine with how it looked. :ROFLMAO:

Was always sort of meant to be placeholder art until I came up with something better (or hired someone to do it for me). And it was a surprising amount of work, given I wanted to make sure the characters and backgrounds looked the same in each scene, finding appropriate shots and then photoshopping and adjusting filters to get a uniform look. Of course, these are entirely my own hang-ups.

I get that it's not really the point either, I originally planned to release without images, but it just looked so bland without anything.

Sep 14, 2023
I still may come back to it sometime... I think about it a lot. I've wondered about converting it to some other format (like Renpy or something) where I can just focus on the dialogue, as it was all the in-between stuff that was really taking me a long time, especially with all the slight variations I'd inflicted upon myself that no one would even realize are there.

Plus I'm a terrible, terrible visual artist, but I keep forgetting. Every now and then I come up with a new idea for the style, spend a few days playing around with idea, then remember how bad I am at it and give up.

As for plans - I had so many ideas for characters and scenarios, getting to them all was going to be a problem. The overall idea was for a sort of open world with tons of different stories that you could complete, continue or ignore at your own pace. But no grinding or randomly clicking on locations trying to find something to do next, because that annoys me.

The main focus was going to be the random events along the way, but I had an overarching story to explain what was happening in mind - no superpowers for the MC other than everyone wanting to fuck him, but everybody in the city has those powers so I don't think they count. I've actually written a scene for the morning of day 2 that starts to hint at the overall story, if you're interested:

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
I wasn't really fine with how it looked. :ROFLMAO:

Was always sort of meant to be placeholder art until I came up with something better (or hired someone to do it for me). And it was a surprising amount of work, given I wanted to make sure the characters and backgrounds looked the same in each scene, finding appropriate shots and then photoshopping and adjusting filters to get a uniform look. Of course, these are entirely my own hang-ups.

I get that it's not really the point either, I originally planned to release without images, but it just looked so bland without anything.
Dude, I'm just gonna say, if the graphics side is what held you back, then you should just release it without graphics even if it does look a bit bland, I wouldn't mind, I'd still enjoy it.

Mar 18, 2020
Nah, it wasn't really. It was more a distraction. Or like, a way to procrastinate when I didn't want to deal with my spaghetti of Twine pages...

5.00 star(s) 1 Vote