VN Ren'Py Ergi [v0.6.18] [KKChar]

4.40 star(s) 7 Votes

SakuraF777

May 30, 2023
Hello, because I really want to fully understand the lore of the game. Can someone explain the terminologies they use? Like the (i forgot the exact words and spellings xD but..) like Volur/Volva? Seior? and others...

RhasAlGhul

Feb 22, 2018
Hello, because I really want to fully understand the lore of the game. Can someone explain the terminologies they use? Like the (i forgot the exact words and spellings xD but..) like Volur/Volva? Seior? and others...
To understand Volur/Volva you first have to understand the concepts of norse magic. It is said that the norse magic was divided in two main branches Galdr and Seidr.

Galdr was mostly elemental magic it affected nature and the outside. It was a magic used by the Aesir. Those who practiced Galdr worked with Odin, Thor, Heimdal, Tyr and so on, and it was a magic mostly used by men.

Seidr was a more esoteric side of magic that affected the inside, the unseen. It had to do with blood and other bodly fluids and it was mostly practiced by women. Seidr was thought to be a very difficult and dangerous magic as it could affect the user's and the target's of the spell's Wyrd(fate), those who practiced Seidr worked mostly with Freya and Freyr but also with the Nornir(the norse fates) and Loki due to his dual nature (he turned into a woman to birth Slephnir). Seidr was a magic used by the Vanir.

Aside from Loki who could turn into a woman and easily learned Seidr, no other God could learn it aside from Odin. To learn Seidr, Odin had to sacrifice his manliness and sleep with men and then hang himself from his feet upside down from Yggdrasill and sacrifice one of his eyes. In the Poetic Edda there is a passage where Loki divulges and accuses Odin of sleeping with men and taking their seed.

So now that you have a grasp of what Sedir is a Volur/Volva is a warlock/witch that practices Seidr magic. They can sense pregnancies, read someone's Wyrd, sense Yggdrasill's will and control lesser beings, even dreamwalk.

SakuraF777

May 30, 2023
To understand Volur/Volva you first have to understand the concepts of norse magic. It is said that the norse magic was divided in two main branches Galdr and Seidr.

Galdr was mostly elemental magic it affected nature and the outside. It was a magic used by the Aesir. Those who practiced Galdr worked with Odin, Thor, Heimdal, Tyr and so on, and it was a magic mostly used by men.

Seidr was a more esoteric side of magic that affected the inside, the unseen. It had to do with blood and other bodly fluids and it was mostly practiced by women. Seidr was thought to be a very difficult and dangerous magic as it could affect the user's and the target's of the spell's Wyrd(fate), those who practiced Seidr worked mostly with Freya and Freyr but also with the Nornir(the norse fates) and Loki due to his dual nature (he turned into a woman to birth Slephnir). Seidr was a magic used by the Vanir.

Aside from Loki who could turn into a woman and easily learned Seidr, no other God could learn it aside from Odin. To learn Seidr, Odin had to sacrifice his manliness and sleep with men and then hang himself from his feet upside down from Yggdrasill and sacrifice one of his eyes. In the Poetic Edda there is a passage where Loki divulges and accuses Odin of sleeping with men and taking their seed.

So now that you have a grasp of what Sedir is a Volur/Volva is a warlock/witch that practices Seidr magic. They can sense pregnancies, read someone's Wyrd, sense Yggdrasill's will and control lesser beings, even dreamwalk.
Ohhh, that' so cool. Thanks for explaining that to me, I hope to learn more from here. So since our mc is a volva now, maybe in future chapters we will do some magic or show more signs of godly connections?

cattolord0202

Jun 4, 2023
View attachment 1788754

Overview:
Ergi is an 18+ adventure romance visual novel set in a post-apocalyptic Nordic countryside.​

Thread Updated: 2023-05-25
Release Date: 2023-05-23
Developer: KKChar - -
Censored: No
Version: 0.4.252
Language: English
Genre:
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

Installation:

Changelog:

Developer Notes:

DOWNLOAD
Chapter 4

Win: - MEGA - -
Split

Chapter 1
laserjet28 thanks for the link

View attachment 1788757 View attachment 1788758 View attachment 1788760 View attachment 1788761 View attachment 1788763 View attachment 1788764 View attachment 1788765 View attachment 1788768 View attachment 1788769
Sorry I'm new here, where can I download the chapter 2? Thanks

Davi222

Nov 29, 2018
For 24 in CH2 you needed to tell him you like boys/him, picked his group, asked him to runka during the 2nd camp choice and do a succesful blot ritual with him. In CH3 you have to pick "I'm not a child anymore" when he says he'd take the medicine to alpines and then lock your romance with him.
25 at the end of CH3 if you romanced him.
26 when you meet him at Alfheimr if you romanced him.
34 and 35 are also romance only, you have to pick him when you get the Ancient Strategy mission. The scene should trigger the 2nd time you talk to him after defeating the Fenrir Mother.

Erland 22 - During the party at the end of CH2 give water to Njal, Asbru to Yrsa, take the huldra essence for yourself. Give Erland cigars, beer and fine booze until the party ends. If you have at least 40 affection you'll get a new choice, pick option 2 or 3. 3 gives more points.
Tyr 17 - In CH3 pick practical clothes for him, you should get a variant of the scene at the pool table if you pick his romance option, you'll need at least 30 admiration.

Asshole gives you a Manaz(T3) relic. Val or Alfrothul gives you an Uruz(T2) relic.
Thank you so much!!!

sourceauto

Dec 4, 2022
Any idea how to find which fraction support i'm still missing? Names of the final quest?
I did all side quest only "upkeep" and "lobbying" still active, but nothing happens anymore, no NPC speaking with me.

perles75

May 16, 2020
Ohhh, that' so cool. Thanks for explaining that to me, I hope to learn more from here. So since our mc is a volva now, maybe in future chapters we will do some magic or show more signs of godly connections?
well, he does already (especially if you follow the Seidr path), like summoning the Jotuns, etc.

I think Britt's connection with the supernatural will depend on his path. For example, the Alf path is very technologically-oriented, so I don't expect much direct magic from that. Although one could argue that he gets his knowledge of the three paths from the spirits and that's already quite magical enough!

By the way, the title itself of the game, Ergi, comes from the word used in Viking culture of a (male) practitioner of Seidr magic, which was associated with effeminacy/the passive homosexual role and thus very much vilified -which is one of the main ethical issues within the game story for the MC.

Reactions: Kayrahan91

RhasAlGhul

Feb 22, 2018
well, he does already (especially if you follow the Seidr path), like summoning the Jotuns, etc.

I think Britt's connection with the supernatural will depend on his path. For example, the Alf path is very technologically-oriented, so I don't expect much direct magic from that. Although one could argue that he gets his knowledge of the three paths from the spirits and that's already quite magical enough!

By the way, the title itself of the game, Ergi, comes from the word used in Viking culture of a (male) practitioner of Seidr magic, which was associated with effeminacy/the passive homosexual role and thus very much vilified -which is one of the main ethical issues within the game story for the MC.
Thanks for explaining that. I forgot to explain the Ergi part, since SakuraF777 asked about Volva and Seidr

Arliss86

Jan 2, 2023
How to defeat Defeat the lootters in Henric's second mission Relief efforts? Enemies are too strong...

Also how to get CG where guys play soccer in the beach?

AQVA992

May 22, 2019
That was my bad, I hadn't downloaded that file myself and just saw there's no guide for the final part of the chapter.
There should be 3 CPUs in the "Landing", "Nest Outer" and "Satellite" areas. The code for "Fusion" is the sum of the other 3 codes.
There will be another 6 CPUs in the next zone, when you are asked to input the codes you have to add the + or - character at the end. There will also be another fusion code, for this one sum the 3 positive numbers and subtract the 3 negatives.
I tried a lot of combinations, counted many times. The result is the same - an explosion. what am I doing wrong???

KIllya

Dec 20, 2020
I started looking through Tyr and I can't understand why they don't let me protect containers with Borge saying "children don't belong here", what did I miss?

luthersan

Dec 6, 2021
Hey guys, I'm having trouble completing Jostein's side quest " Superior Firearms " Can someone pls tell me where can I get yggdrasil saplings? Or to make reinforced alloy. Thanks!

Magnus21

Jan 2, 2023
How to defeat Defeat the lootters in Henric's second mission Relief efforts? Enemies are too strong...

Also how to get CG where guys play soccer in the beach?
I personally haven't done that mission because I picked the "loyalty" option, but if you are not leveling up Valkyrie you should at least consider leveling up Defender to 3, that should let you block 2 attacks. Try to also stockpile on ammo and med kits.
For the beach CG got to the Artisan area and click on the left building/store. You need to have seen a couple of Anders' scenes already.
I started looking through Tyr and I can't understand why they don't let me protect containers with Borge saying "children don't belong here", what did I miss?
What chapter and mission?
Hey guys, I'm having trouble completing Jostein's side quest " Superior Firearms " Can someone pls tell me where can I get yggdrasil saplings? Or to make reinforced alloy. Thanks!
To craft Yggdrasil saplings go to research, laboratories, experiment and click the tank on the right, check the second page. You can also get one if you donate 5 jotun genomes at the archives iirc.
You can craft Reinforced alloy at the Artisan area's building on the right, the superior weapon is also crafted here. If you need the normal alloy you can get it as random loot from fights.

Last edited:
4.40 star(s) 7 Votes