tontje

Nov 12, 2016
Very interesting so far, but why is "aimed shot" in the game? I know it's a common skill for games, were we not aiming the other times ? -_-

Jimboguy

Jul 31, 2018
Very interesting so far, but why is "aimed shot" in the game? I know it's a common skill for games, were we not aiming the other times ? -_-
I'm guessing its because the usual 'shots' are the equivalent of 'hip fire' while the "aimed shots" are 'aim down sights'.

Madodev

Erodev
Game Developer
Mar 30, 2023
i don't understand, there's like 99 saves .txt and no one who correspond to mine, how do i edit gold ?
In the main.txt it will mention which one is your current autosaves.
The multiple autosaves exist for debugging, and to load a previous save if the current one is corrupted. Patreon subscribers can also swap between them to savescum.

It gets quite difficult to think of good names for moves after a while :)

is there any mods yet
There's some mods in the , including a new Dominatrix class, straitjackets and some facemasks.

Chuzzy

May 14, 2020
  • Ratkin paladins. If you don't have a maid or a ranger in your team - they are an ultimate pain to bring down, constantly stacking defences and healing themselves.
I double that.

And also another annoying enemy type is a group of warrior spidergirls that constantly guard each other. Can you balance that by denying the use of a guard move to someone already guarded?

Kuroi_Mato_O

Sep 24, 2018
Looks really interesting. For some reason PC version runs on like 0 fps on my laptop with 3% cpu load. Browser version runs fine. Music is fire!!

Bakachiki

Feb 25, 2018
Some enemy combos should be banned, especially at lower levels. Getting through the lowest level dungeons, especially without having someone kidnapped and sent to an expert level dungeon, is annoying.

Or make less enemies that hit multiple targets every turn. Our fellows can't do that - if we do, they're weak attacks.

Extra:

Some locked / cursed things can be more or less destroyed, but not removed. Having a feature that allows for removal of things after a certain point - say slave gear which is nearly impossible to remove, unless you want to clear dungeons just to free girls.

I also agree that less battle attacks - more things like the dogs attacks could pop up.

Last edited:

Agent_Froggy

Mar 29, 2021
Girls being able to be kidnapped due to status effect damage tics feels... odd. I don't care for it.
The whole kidnapping system could use some tweaks.
It'd make sense for certain moves - like the dog's grapple - to kidnap a character defeated by it and remove the kidnapper from the fight. Otherwise, why wouldn't you be able to recover the character if you've beaten every opponent? It might feel better for incapacitated characters to only be kidnapped by certain moves or if you retreat from the fight/are wiped out.

It'd be nice to stand a decent chance at rescuing a girl before they're a completely corrupted prisoner (in other words: useless).
Maybe limit the difficulty of the rescue mission to within 1 difficulty difference of the dungeon the kidnapping happened in?

Reactions: Arkus86

Blinks

Aug 18, 2017
I'm not entirely sure who thought the first weapon i could pick up could be cursed and stop my front liner doing... anything... until they've completed a dungeon was a good design choice. They should, perhaps, reconsider that.

Agent_Froggy

Mar 29, 2021
Regarding the new Lab locations:
-The new machine enemies hit extremely hard - they might need some balancing.
-The 4 group of suiciders in particular is a really nasty encounter capable of wiping your team whenever they feel like it.
-The defense bots with the counter-hits are exceptionally strong individually.
-None of the robots seem to have any equip moves, and the techs only seem willing to put 1 piece on a character per fight, so you have to go out of your way to get the cursed class from this dungeon. It could be worth giving some of the bots equip moves. At least the milkers, and maybe the shield bots.
-The techs will give buffs to piles of scrap, and it's really weird to have a literal pile of junk dodge your attacks. They might need tweaks to targeting/prioritization.

General feedback:
-Counter moves being able to respond to ranged attacks and spells/ attacks from player characters in the back row makes them difficult to deal with. It might be more balanced if counter tokens only respond to certain kinds of attacks, or attacks from certain field positions.
-I'd love to see visual representation of the parasites on the characters, at least while they're unclothed. It would also be great if they could be afflicted with more than one kind at a time. Maybe even as it's own cursed class.

Bugs/Inconsistency:
-When a character is dazed after they've already made a move, I *think* they're getting an extra turn sometimes. It's a little hard for me to parse the turn order display.
-Is the move "masturbate" not meant to count towards orgasms for un-curse counters? Took me a while to realize it was a separate move.
-The rest of the maid set has the un-curse condition of "spend 3 days in the job: Maid" but the Maid Belt has the requirement of reaching level 3 in the class instead. Not sure if intentional, so I thought I'd point it out.

Last edited:

F12!

Aug 22, 2020
Is there a way to prevent ratkin enemies from equipping cursed items over existing clothing?

(eg. Lv. 3 prisoner, being force equipped a maid outfit or mask, even though all equipment slots are full)

Super annoying having to scrap characters, because of the time it would take to work back.

Mexolius

Sep 21, 2018
Is there a way to prevent ratkin enemies from equipping cursed items over existing clothing?

(eg. Lv. 3 prisoner, being force equipped a maid outfit or mask, even though all equipment slots are full)

Super annoying having to scrap characters, because of the time it would take to work back.
They only equip when your current stuff is out of durability. You can wear gear with more durability or try to kill everything fast enough so that they don't break your gear.

Additionally we're thinking of changing the goals of prisoner/cow accessories to work similarly to maid's (with 3 days at <job> to uncurse) to make it less punishing before you get 4/6 and your class changes

Nivat

Apr 28, 2022
I'm assuming that you can't recruit non human / elf girls?
Personally, I would like to have the opportunity to recruit some characters from the other side of the barricade. If the enemy can kidnap our people, why can't we kidnap them... or some form of training, in the case of kidnapping. Especially since some characters can incubate eggs.

Some locked / cursed things can be more or less destroyed, but not removed. Having a feature that allows for removal of things after a certain point - say slave gear which is nearly impossible to remove, unless you want to clear dungeons just to free girls.
Girls being able to be kidnapped due to status effect damage tics feels... odd. I don't care for it.
I treat it as if the character simply ran away from the battlefield, went crazy, or was abandoned by the team because he could no longer go.

It'd make sense for certain moves - like the dog's grapple - to kidnap a character defeated by it and remove the kidnapper from the fight. Otherwise, why wouldn't you be able to recover the character if you've beaten every opponent? It might feel better for incapacitated characters to only be kidnapped by certain moves or if you retreat from the fight/are wiped out.
An enemy running away with a girl sounds great. Alternatively, it would be a nice option if it was possible to meet him again and rescue the girl in the same Dungeon. If we win the fight, but a girl is in a terrible condition, we can assume that the team has left unnecessary ballast. It fits the brutal form of the world for me.

I'm not entirely sure who thought the first weapon i could pick up could be cursed and stop my front liner doing... anything... until they've completed a dungeon was a good design choice. They should, perhaps, reconsider that.
This funny sword blocking a warrior's attack is op if you're level 2 and you're doing a combo on protecting and healing yourself. I love it xd

Nivat

Apr 28, 2022
à propos Is it somehow regulated which type of enemy equips which type of cursed equipment? Or maybe it depends on the dungeon we are in? I was a bit surprised when a character who already had a prisoner's equipment received a maid's equipment and I don't know if that's how it's supposed to work...

oh, and it irritates me a little that technically the Ranger is such a strong class due to the ability to heal statuses. Especially mice imposing punishment

Engineer mice give buffs Piles of scrap is fun, but it's annoying in the long run. Maybe have the engineer make barricades out of them, giving them a taunt.

Last edited:

Rosen King

Engaged Member
May 29, 2019
à propos Is it somehow regulated which type of enemy equips which type of cursed equipment? Or maybe it depends on the dungeon we are in? I was a bit surprised when a character who already had a prisoner's equipment received a maid's equipment and I don't know if that's how it's supposed to work...
I think at the very least it's sorted by dungeons. Forest is Prisoner, Cave is Maid, Lab is Cow, I think Swamp is Pet, and I think Ruins is Ponygirl. I may have those last two mixed up, though, since they're not out yet.

Anon21

Mar 29, 2017
Update: It wasn't the graphics card. I've attached the saves. I'm just going check some stuff then see if the crash does repeat.
Further update. This time it took long enough to crash the computer that I got the error code.

Video TDR Failure

It happens both with the PC's internal graphics chip, and with the graphics card. Repeatability from savefile is unclear, but certainly isn't always the case.

Arkus86

Jun 3, 2018
Further update. This time it took long enough to crash the computer that I got the error code.

Video TDR Failure

It happens both with the PC's internal graphics chip, and with the graphics card. Repeatability from savefile is unclear, but certainly isn't always the case.
Google suggests this error is most likely a driver issue after all. If your internal graphics driver is similarly old, that could explain why it happens both on integrated and dedicated graphics card.

Anon21

Mar 29, 2017
Google suggests this error is most likely a driver issue after all. If your internal graphics driver is similarly old, that could explain why it happens both on integrated and dedicated graphics card.
Basically either the game is telling the graphics to do something very difficult/impossible and the graphics is going 'fuck that' or the game is telling the graphics to do something reasonable and the graphics is choking anyway.

It's odd because 1) this is the only game it happens with and 2) the game is not particularly demanding graphics-wise.

If it's only me then it's a "Meh, whatever" thing. I do not consider myself to be the center of the universe and do not expect everybody to bow before my every whim. It's a pity, but I'm not really in a financial position to buy a new computer or graphics card just to get one (admittedly good) game to run.

[EDIT] I've looked into it a bit, and it seems to be a not-uncommon problem with games running on the GODOT engine. Exact cause unclear, but what looks like a plausible explanation is that the game engine sometimes uses graphics instructions that do not exist in older cards/chips causing them to freak the fuck out. It's unlikely that they will be fixing it and new hardware is the most likely 'solution'.

Last edited:

Madodev

Erodev
Game Developer
Mar 30, 2023
2) the game is not particularly demanding graphics-wise.
This actually a misconception. Ero Dungeons isn't very optimized. Your girls and the enemy puppets exist of a huge amount of png textures layered over eachother, all animated, to make it easy for me to let each piece of equipment be shown on the character and speed up development. Next to that, you also have some overhead from Godot which doesn't work all that well on older systems, especially Godot 4 which is actually made for Vulkan.

Combined, this makes this game more demanding than you would expect on older hardware.

• Thinking Face
Reactions: Anon21
4.20 star(s) 52 Votes