Madodev

Erodev
Game Developer
Mar 30, 2023
Why is every equipment cursed to shit any way of tuning down the rate? It would be fine if there is a place to purchase trinkets like in DD and the curses were less aids to deal with but it just ruins any fun for me.
The problem here is that I put the rarity of cursed items to be lower than their uncursed counterpart. This means that you get a lot of cursed items in the early dungeons, and barely any in the later ones. It's a balance fix that has to be made.

Having a great time with the game!

How do I end a dungeon with < 0 morale, when my starting morale is ~89? Having trouble getting rid of a cursed item...
Apart from the staff of darkness, also make sure you unemploy any maids.

Great game. Loves it. Love Ero Witches as well. Please keep up with the good work.
Thanks, I meant a rating review though :)
I don't actually know whether people look at the rating, but might as well try to get it up.

Hey, thanks for the game, decided to point out certain issues in the game.
Ratkin Paladins should only be able to heal five times nowadays.
Note that development goals won't progress if the girl is too high level for the dungeon she's in.
Other stuff is planned, or will be balanced later on. Except the infinite items, which is a bug.

Agreed. This has a lot of potential and I'm having fun with it, but I don't like what's happening to my characters. Especially when I go into a dungeon and mid way through it, They're attacks are now not ideal for the dungeon I'm in.
Retreat early, retreat often.

Reactions: EmeraldKhopesh
Apr 16, 2019
I feel like the Example Mod from 2.6.5 should be pinned in the 1st page to make this game easier for new players, because it can ease players to learn the mechanics by making the grind easier. (The top hat especially)

Most of this problems can be circumvent by doing things against natural gamer intuition. Normally player will try to focus on finishing dungeons to get the best result (every game train players to do so). In this game, when the armor start become 0, enemy can start force player wear 'curse' set equipment (Maid sets, Prisoner sets), this makes "leave early" is better. (Also no punishment for leaving early so)
Another one is usually gamer will try every new equipment they get, but in this game u can unintentionally put on 'cursed' equipment by doing so. Since equipping too many 'cursed' equipments will make your character weak, trying uncursed equipment 1 by 1 will be better.

Hey, thanks for the game, decided to point out certain issues in the game.
  • Prisoner/maid curses (level X class levels) are way too strong, spent around 3 to 4 hours and still didn't manage to get rid of a single item. Maybe change them so they need you to spend X days as maid job and add a place in a ward that gives you random quirks, and make the prisoner stay there for 2-3 days instead? Right now if any of my characters get those items and I don't want them to use them - I simply remove the character, it is easier.
  • Mages. I really don't know what it is happening to them and AI targeting, but they don't stay in the party for too long and are getting captured. Even squishy Nobles somehow manage to survive long enough till level 2, which is a rare thing for mages.
  • Ratkin paladins. If you don't have a maid or a ranger in your team - they are an ultimate pain to bring down, constantly stacking defences and healing themselves.
  • I guees this is a placeholder for now, but game really needs a way to remove suggestions/crests, there is quite enough curses/quirks/debuffs that disables your group members to also deal with constant team order shuffling done by crests and hypnosis.
  • Not sure if it is just me, but I don't go further than the easiest dungeons. Anything that is coloured yellow is a no-no for me, a guaranteed way to get one of my characters captured and get their class/gear scrambled in a bad way. Even an "average" rescue mission can turn into another one. Reasons behind it might be either me being severely underleveled (leveling is hard after all) or enemies having to much stuff on them, constantly auto-stacking buffs and powerful oneshot abilities that sometimes ignore my tank having a taunt effect and targeting other group members.

Items requiring a character to masturbate in order to uncurse do not count Masturbate+ action as valid. Also seen a level up quest that requires to kill 5 animal characters, but my paladin got stuck at 3/5 while murdering every single spider kin (to clarify - dealing a killing blow by herself)

In case you collect enough All-to-one masks to make them infinite - they transform into a cursed variant that gives you 1 max every stat.
Agreed. This has a lot of potential and I'm having fun with it, but I don't like what's happening to my characters. Especially when I go into a dungeon and mid way through it, They're attacks are now not ideal for the dungeon I'm in.

Muxia

Aug 9, 2017
even the early stage enemies are so easy to have op buff like 'block +' and 'dodge'. Block should only work on physical dmg but not magical and it should be stack up from 25% not 50% (for both player character and enemy.)

Basically, the enemies have a well-desgined but much better skill system and skill combo (nice AI) than player's character. Besides, nerf those turn beginning buffs of enemies. 3 turns 25% dmg reduction is way too op

Last edited:

Madodev

Erodev
Game Developer
Mar 30, 2023
even the early stage enemies are so easy to have op buff like 'block +' and 'dodge'. Block should only work on physical dmg but not magical and it should be stack up from 25% not 50% (for both player character and enemy.)

Basically, the enemies have a well-desgined but much better skill system and skill combo (nice AI) than player's character. Besides, nerf those turn beginning buffs of enemies. 3 turns 25% dmg reduction is way too op
Block tokens and Dodge tokens are a replacement for PROT and dodge in DD2. Instead of a Pelagic Bulwark with 33% PROT you now have enemies with 50% chance of getting block+. It gives more player agency and makes it more visible. Rangers already have moves to remove block and dodge at level 1, though in general you need to level up your girls a bit.

The stun centric control based combat turned DD into a slog, which is why it was removed in DD2. You still have stuns (lvl2 warrior already). Also, movement based skills are a lot more powerful (you can see all enemy moves and the required position by right clicking them).

phreno

Nov 16, 2018
i'm sure that at some point this will stop working, but sticking hyperfocus visors and the common level damage gear on adept mages and rangers feels really strong. I'm just blasting through most dungeons with aoe spam and having the warrior/rogue clean up anything that is too sturdy. I think healing might be for chumps until I run into like, a miniboss of some kind

settlersgawd

Jul 22, 2018
i'm sure that at some point this will stop working, but sticking hyperfocus visors and the common level damage gear on adept mages and rangers feels really strong. I'm just blasting through most dungeons with aoe spam and having the warrior/rogue clean up anything that is too sturdy. I think healing might be for chumps until I run into like, a miniboss of some kind

The prisoner class is the successor to that strategy, just need to add a lust collar so you always have 80+ lust.
You can use the lust explosion every unstunned turn and since it's a magical move you can start wearing cow gear to grow your physical damage resistance.

You can even further up the damage by having exhibitionist, temperamental, soft spoken, leveling up your intelligence (my prisoner has a -5% magic damage debuff with low intellegence but still oneshots normal enemies and stun stronger every single turn)

Last edited:

Malorn

Mar 9, 2018
Well, this is a happy surprise. I love the concept of a lewd darkest dungeon, the combination is ideal. And this is well executed, let me start by saying that. This is a good game.

1. I do think, and this is only with about 6 hours of gameplay so take it with a bit of salt, that the game is lacking a little bit on the 'lewd' side of things. I've played quite a bit of ero witches and I feel like that game also had a bit of a problem with this. If you happen to be completely on board with the particular fetish, the game is great. And if you happen to either be less capable or lose on purpose, there is a lot of lewd happening. But if, on the other hand, you are GOOD at the game and don't intentionally lose, you find yourself lacking in sexy things. Basically, losing is necessary to access the majority of the enjoyable sexy content. Don't lose that much and you find yourself with relatively pure characters and get a sex scene for a few moments every half hour until you break out of the grab, etc. Some of us don't like to lose, and thus screw ourselves over and not in a good way. :cool:

I have a solution to suggest, of course, let us willingly corrupt our girls for advantages, and thus win while still getting sexy. We get a little of this already with the leveling system, which is great, and with the lewder classes as well. Interactable dungeon relics could be ideal for this, instead of following DD's them of havingconsumables 'defuse' the effects, instead have them provide ways for your girls to be lewd and get advantages out of it. Basically, make it tradeoffs for benefits, rather than merely penalties for losing. The various consumables can be used to make the effects only lewd, rather than costing hp, etc. Salve for lube, etc. Perhaps a door that requires one or two girls to fuck themselves on dildos to open it? Curses which we can force them to take which empower them at the cost of their purity, etc. Make items that provide extra nice bonuses while also also forcing certain behaviors on the character. This ties into a concept I will discuss in #3 later.

2. The 'concept' of the fetish is doing a lot of the heavy lifting, with very little 'showing' in between. The fetish isn't played out, built on, it's just kind of there. You get a brain parasite, you are informed it is growing and it changes your stats and inflicts a debuff, which is all amazing. But you don't get to see that in action, hear about the corruption. There are no 'cutscenes' so to speak. It's all numbers, light on showing. I strongly suggest building in vignettes to the town, and perhaps some sort of camping in dungeons, more downtime so that your girls can show how corrupted they are, or how the corruption is forcing them to act. Wiggling helplessly in bondage, or shuddering as they are fucked by toys they cannot remove. Or perhaps they are corrupted enough to enjoy it, or even seek it out. When they are at the tavern with an advanced brain parasite, maybe sometimes it should force them to do a little strip tease for the other patrons. Basically, just fun flavor to show us how the things happening to these girls affect them.

This takes a lot of writing, it is true, but should require very few new animations. Basically, a little more meat on the bones of the stats will make this more lewdly enjoyable. And that would make this game even better than it already is. Letting the girls interact with each other or comment on what is happening to the others will also improve it greatly, again at the cost of more writing. This ties into the point I will make in #3.

3. Give the girls personalities, if you please. And some stats related to those personalities. A very simple personality value can provide endless enjoyment and variability: something as easy as 'proud', 'carefree', 'submissive', 'cruel', 'kind', 'honest' etc. Just something to act as a basis for how they interact with others and how they are affected by the things happening to them. Tying this back to #1, have these personalities affect what they are willing to do while interacting with relics. A proud character wouldn't be willing to fuck herself in front of everyone to open a door, for example, whereas a kind character would, since it will help the whole group. The quirks already have a lot of these sort of things like cheerful, etc, but I suggest moving the personality aspects out of quirks and making them permanent.

This base personality would provide a baseline for the comments and reactions in #2. A submissive would enjoy being forced to strip for an entire tavern by a parasite in her brain, where a proud girl would hate it. A carefree girl might just go with the flow and not worry about it, since them looking at her doesn't really hurt anything. Equally, other girls can react based on their personalities in turn, a cruel girl might intentionally make it worse for the victim, perhaps drawing attention to her or inviting more people to watch. A proud girl might mock the victim for losing control, saying they would never be so weak.

Perhaps personalities could also influence which classes a character is willing to change into. Or better yet perhaps give them penalties and bonuses to certain classes. A proud girl would hate being a maid or cow, for example. And a cruel girl might dislike being a cleric, since it involving helping others so frequently.

4. As my final suggestion, I would say we need a couple of extra stats for the girls. First, corruption, simple value from 0 to 100, basically increased by lewd things happening. This can influence what a girl is willing to do while interacting with relics, and how she reacts to things happening to her and others. For example in the tavern stripping event, a kind girl with no corruption might try to help the victim by convincing everyone to look away from her. A kind girl with a lot of corruption might help out by joining the victim and taking her own clothes off.

Tying into relics, certain amounts of corruption might be necessary to interact with them in certain ways, such as being willing to dildo themselves in front of everyone. Corruption which was high enough might even have girls acting before the player has a chance to order it. Corruption might also act as a limit on whether the girl is willing to embrace lewd classes.

Second, it might be worth considering some sort of loyalty mechanic, representing the girls' loyalty to the player/guild. This could be used as a second modifier to what a girl is willing to do, perhaps being lowered when the player orders them to do something they don't want to do. Like wear cursed but powerful items, for example. Loyalty would logically be tied to successful missions, giving them good items, etc. And perhaps greatly increased by being rescued quickly, for example. This would be a good currency and stat to use to influence girls.

Anyway, there is a lot to like about the game already. I love the monster designs and variety. The movements are well animated even in a minimal style. The moveset is interesting and fun, and the basic gameplay is solidly implemented. And that female narrator is...wonderful, huge bonus to fun and immersion. I don't write two pages about how to improve a game that I don't really like already. It is, of course, also possible you already plan to do many of the things I mention above, since this is a pretty early alpha.

Anon21

Mar 29, 2017
I love this game, but it crashes my computer. Like, the whole thing does a hard reboot. :(

Not often, I played hours before it happened first but once it does then that save seems to be 'cursed' and continuing it is likely to make it crash again.

P.S. It would be cool if you could tell which equipment you have worn (and so know isn't cursed) vs not worn (and probably is cursed).

Madodev

Erodev
Game Developer
Mar 30, 2023
I love this game, but it crashes my computer. Like, the whole thing does a hard reboot. :(

Not often, I played hours before it happened first but once it does then that save seems to be 'cursed' and continuing it is likely to make it crash again.
Could you send me one of those cursed saves?
Saves are under %APPDATA%/erodungeons/saves

Anon21

Mar 29, 2017
Could you send me one of those cursed saves?
Saves are under %APPDATA%/erodungeons/saves
I haven't got one at the moment, and might not in the future.

I suspect it's a graphics card issue - I have an old graphics card (NVIDIA GeForce GTX Titan) with the latest driver (2020), so it won't be getting updated. To test this I've switched to using the internal graphics of my computer instead of the graphics card. I'll let you know how it goes. So far so good.
In case you collect enough All-to-one masks to make them infinite - they transform into a cursed variant that gives you 1 max every stat.
I think you meant 'Collect enough One to All crowns', and I can confirm this.

Last edited:

Madodev

Erodev
Game Developer
Mar 30, 2023
I suspect it's a graphics card issue - I have an old graphics card (NVIDIA GeForce GTX Titan) with the latest driver (2020), so it won't be getting updated. To test this I've switched to using the internal graphics of my computer instead of the graphics card. I'll let you know how it goes. So far so good.
Well, I assumed it would be something like this. But it's possible that the crash corrupts the save, if you mention that it keeps happening afterwards, and there might be some way to get the save to autorepair itself or use an older autosave.

I think you meant 'Collect enough One to All crowns', and I can confirm this.
Will be fixed next update.

Anon21

Mar 29, 2017
Well, I assumed it would be something like this. But it's possible that the crash corrupts the save, if you mention that it keeps happening afterwards, and there might be some way to get the save to autorepair itself or use an older autosave.
Update: It wasn't the graphics card. I've attached the saves. I'm just going check some stuff then see if the crash does repeat.
[EDIT] Hasn't crashed again yet.

Last edited:

The One who Saw All

Oct 11, 2020
What's with this Noble class? I keep getting the swords but I can't seem to get a single character with that class. Is it Patreon locked?

Rosen King

Engaged Member
May 29, 2019
What's with this Noble class? I keep getting the swords but I can't seem to get a single character with that class. Is it Patreon locked?
If you're playing the latest version, no. You can change a character's class by clicking... somewhere on the top of their stat page, I can't remember where. If Noble is on the list, you're playing the right version and can find it either on random recruits or switch to it on one of your existing characters.

The One who Saw All

Oct 11, 2020
If you're playing the latest version, no. You can change a character's class by clicking... somewhere on the top of their stat page, I can't remember where. If Noble is on the list, you're playing the right version and can find it either on random recruits or switch to it on one of your existing characters.
So most likely I don’t have the current version. Does the save carry over or will I have to replay it from start?

4.20 star(s) 52 Votes