Rosen King

Engaged Member
May 29, 2019
I'm still not super into Paladins, but that might just be a personal problem as I dislike that their big attacks go off every other turn, while other classes are able to start combat with explosively high damage.
Get Flagellation and the passive that gives you a charge every turn (or was that a weapon that did that?). Flagellation doesn't take up a turn, so you can charge up and fire your big attacks every turn at the cost of a bleeding debuff that might not even trigger if you're able to resist it.

Lilraya

Jul 28, 2018
Started playing on Linux... Does anyone know where saves are stored on Linux, would like to try transfering them from my Win machine?

TeckXChaos

Feb 15, 2018
Get Flagellation and the passive that gives you a charge every turn (or was that a weapon that did that?). Flagellation doesn't take up a turn, so you can charge up and fire your big attacks every turn at the cost of a bleeding debuff that might not even trigger if you're able to resist it.
Ah, so that's what swift action means. That does make Paladin way better, I'll give that a try.

I should ask, can you get infinite of cursed items similar to normal items? Do you just need to uncurse 5 or so copies before they merge into infinite?

Rosen King

Engaged Member
May 29, 2019
I should ask, can you get infinite of cursed items similar to normal items? Do you just need to uncurse 5 or so copies before they merge into infinite?
4, but yes. And assuming it hasn't changed in the latest version, this prevents them from dropping as well (although I don't think it prevents them from being equipped by enemies).

Reactions: TeckXChaos

swpkmn

Feb 19, 2020
Equip attacks depend on your broken gear it think. These attacks never happen to me if my durability is above zero.
could be wrong because iam just lucky.
The enemy isn't SUPPOSED to equip cursed gear over intact equipment, but there actually does seem to be a problem with enemies equipping party members with cursed items even when the slot has an intact item, at least in 2.8. Proof:

My Prisoner got equipped with Cow Equipment, and after struggling I finally got it off and equipped a random accessory to cover the slot. However, at the beginning of the next battle, the enemy immediately equipped Cow Ears onto that slot, despite the equipped accessory being fully intact (and I can tell it was because it's still intact in my items list). Then, after I finally uncursed the Cow Ears during that same run, they immediately replaced those with a Nose Ring in the SAME BATTLE, despite the equipped Cow Ears being intact.

deadrabbit

Nov 16, 2017
I cannot seem to get characters to level 3 - did I miss something super obvious? (thank you for holding my hand)

El Bebra

Jul 8, 2022
I cannot seem to get characters to level 3 - did I miss something super obvious? (thank you for holding my hand)
Yo, to level up character, you should complete their "personal development goals" in dungeons that have the same, or higher level that your character has. Remember that when changing class on characters, new class will probably be "novice" level if you never leveled it up on this girl. Hope that will help.

senorleeman

Aug 12, 2016
You can only recieve progress to personal development goals in a dungeon that is the same rank as your party member or higher so if your trying a novice tier dungeon with an adept party member you wont get any credit towards any of their goals.

pepez

Jul 29, 2017
is there monsterlist, or somehow to know is there more to play? i cant get new main quests.. btw this is super cool game, cant wait more!

sgb3

Dec 14, 2019
Tried the latest update, lost a bunch of hours before I realized it was 2AM. It's really coming together well. This is probably my #1 watched game for 2024. I will be glad to buy this once it's on Itch for a one-time price.

Reactions: RTTrue

senorleeman

Aug 12, 2016
During a tavern random event when one of my party asked for a beer for everyone she entertained the patrons and was force equipped with a bunny top and legs (possibly underwear too but I was already wearing bunny pasties) both pieces of equipment I had in those slots were gone permanantly they aren't placed in the dungeon invent or back into the guild coffers not sure if that is intended or not it seems excessively punishing.

maikochan

Dec 6, 2019
The enemy isn't SUPPOSED to equip cursed gear over intact equipment, but there actually does seem to be a problem with enemies equipping party members with cursed items even when the slot has an intact item, at least in 2.8. Proof:

My Prisoner got equipped with Cow Equipment, and after struggling I finally got it off and equipped a random accessory to cover the slot. However, at the beginning of the next battle, the enemy immediately equipped Cow Ears onto that slot, despite the equipped accessory being fully intact (and I can tell it was because it's still intact in my items list). Then, after I finally uncursed the Cow Ears during that same run, they immediately replaced those with a Nose Ring in the SAME BATTLE, despite the equipped Cow Ears being intact.
I've had this happen as well, though with a maid getting equipped with prisoner stuff, so I guess that can happen, though I'm not sure what would cause it.

Anarial

May 9, 2018
So I'd had a bash at adding a custom class in 2.7 using the Git repo as reference, and I'd got it working fine (sans artwork because I can't draw for shit) - 2.8 fairly radically changes the format, so I'd started updating it to get it working again, only for it to radically change again in the repo!

This newest format looks remarkably similar to JSON, have you considered just switching to JSON or YAML wholesale? I feel that'd be easier to edit at this point and you wouldn't be needing to export stuff from spreadsheets into text files. That said it would be more verbose... but assuming all this stuff is just read once during startup/loading I can't see that making a real difference.

Madodev

Erodev
Game Developer
Mar 30, 2023
So I'd had a bash at adding a custom class in 2.7 using the Git repo as reference, and I'd got it working fine (sans artwork because I can't draw for shit) - 2.8 fairly radically changes the format, so I'd started updating it to get it working again, only for it to radically change again in the repo!

This newest format looks remarkably similar to JSON, have you considered just switching to JSON or YAML wholesale? I feel that'd be easier to edit at this point and you wouldn't be needing to export stuff from spreadsheets into text files. That said it would be more verbose... but assuming all this stuff is just read once during startup/loading I can't see that making a real difference.
There will be an in-game editor, so nothing else is needed. The new editor gives you hints for what it allowed and even verifies the data for you. The current format is just how Godot exports it. Just wait, it's going to be glorious.

Hoshi

Sep 25, 2017
Everything looks good in this newest update! Not all the feedback has been tackled in it but then again it is IMPOSSIBLE to do everything at once, so im glad the biggest hurdles have been corrected, and the new content adds a lot of flavour and lonvegity to the game. Its clear Madodev pays attention to his audience, that is commendable, thank you.

At the end of the day theres 2 types of eroge, the ones like Something Unlimited that are amazing but dependant on new content in order to last, and games like Rogue-Like and this, which rely on repeatable and self-building content/storytelling in order to function. Madodev seems to be aware of his games strenghts and is leaning towards building a stable and self-content-generating foundation in order for his game to last essentially forever, and its a beautiful thing to see.

Part of me wants new hairs and clothes but then again some of these can be short term rewards that can wear off in time, thus the focus on stuff like the personality system genuinely seems both justified and smart, vastly expanding the games lifespan long after its (eventual) completion.

Thanks again Madodev, this is great, cant wait to see what else is in the works.

Also, whens Petgirl class and slimes for non patrons arriving?

4.30 star(s) 51 Votes