sergemenog

Apr 28, 2019
Wow! The rare game that is actually a game and not just a series of pictures accompanied by bad writing. I wish the developer luck in their endeavor.
The only real conceptual flaw I see is that the game is too easy, it takes the idea of Darkest Dungeon but lacks all the thrill and all the tension of DD, that feeling of slowly drowning in affliction and stress. So I want to offer some ideas to fix this:
1) The game should push players to challenge themselves, but now you can just grind the easiest dungeons endlessly for free loot while all afflictions passively heal over time. To fix this, I suggest that adventurers refuse to go into dungeons below their level, thus encouraging players to take risks.
2) The whole point of having the ability to choose where to go on the dungeon map is to find one barely-winnable route among several unwinable ones, but now in most cases you can easily visit every room and sweep the dungeon clean, which makes the dungeon more of a cleaning chore than an adventure. To fix this, I offer to remake the morale system so that it works like a soft turn limit, lowering all stats due to fatigue as you explore. For that:
- Morale shouldn't be replenishable, but only wasted when you enter a new room.
- Maps should be bigger, but players should have a hint where the goal is.
- The party should have enough morale to finish the dungeon with minimal exploration, but greedy players can explore more for extra loot at their own risk.
This gives the dungeon navigation part of the game gains an element of strategy and a reason to exist.

Reactions: Oarrtugger

maikochan

Dec 6, 2019
Wow! The rare game that is actually a game and not just a series of pictures accompanied by bad writing. I wish the developer luck in their endeavor.
The only real conceptual flaw I see is that the game is too easy, it takes the idea of Darkest Dungeon but lacks all the thrill and all the tension of DD, that feeling of slowly drowning in affliction and stress. So I want to offer some ideas to fix this:
1) The game should push players to challenge themselves, but now you can just grind the easiest dungeons endlessly for free loot while all afflictions passively heal over time. To fix this, I suggest that adventurers refuse to go into dungeons below their level, thus encouraging players to take risks.
2) The whole point of having the ability to choose where to go on the dungeon map is to find one barely-winnable route among several unwinable ones, but now in most cases you can easily visit every room and sweep the dungeon clean, which makes the dungeon more of a cleaning chore than an adventure. To fix this, I offer to remake the morale system so that it works like a soft turn limit, lowering all stats due to fatigue as you explore. For that:
- Morale shouldn't be replenishable, but only wasted when you enter a new room.
- Maps should be bigger, but players should have a hint where the goal is.
- The party should have enough morale to finish the dungeon with minimal exploration, but greedy players can explore more for extra loot at their own risk.
This gives the dungeon navigation part of the game gains an element of strategy and a reason to exist.
While I agree that it's nice to have a hentai game that's an actual game, I don't want it to end up as "Darkest Dungeon, but with lewds". At the end of the day, I don't want to be fighting the game for that experience, and is one of the reasons why I haven't played Darkest Dungeon.

1) It already does that. Unless you enter higher level dungeons, your characters can't level up. Refusing entry into lower level dungeons would make many of the complaints people have with the curse system even worse. If people want a challenge of this kind, there's nothing stopping them from doing so themselves, but by forcing players to do so, it would alienate people who are looking for a more casual experience.
And no, just because the game is inspired by Darkest Dungeon, it does not need to be the same difficulty as it.

2) Again, this is a challenge that people can do on their own when they see their Morale has dropped to 0 to immediately exit the dungeon, either by entering the exit portal or retreating. This is also just a general gaming idea I am opposed to, to give the players an area to explore, but prohibit them from being able to explore all of it. It leads to FOMO, frustration and ultimately will discourage people from even playing.
I agree that the current way the dungeons are implemented is a bit lackluster, though it's definitely better than the linear system that came before. I believe dungeon layout is one of the things that has been stated to still be looked at in the future though.

Making the game more challenging for yourself is fine, but not everyone wants that kind of difficulty in their games. If Nintendo made all future Pokemon games have forced Nuzlocke rules, the series would die overnight. Implementing optional challenge objectives from quests or the like could be a source of challenge for those who wish it, but the game shouldn't punish people who just want a fun, somewhat challenging, lewd game with actual gameplay to it.

sergemenog

Apr 28, 2019
While I agree that it's nice to have a hentai game that's an actual game, I don't want it to end up as "Darkest Dungeon, but with lewds". At the end of the day, I don't want to be fighting the game for that experience, and is one of the reasons why I haven't played Darkest Dungeon.

1) It already does that. Unless you enter higher level dungeons, your characters can't level up. Refusing entry into lower level dungeons would make many of the complaints people have with the curse system even worse. If people want a challenge of this kind, there's nothing stopping them from doing so themselves, but by forcing players to do so, it would alienate people who are looking for a more casual experience.
And no, just because the game is inspired by Darkest Dungeon, it does not need to be the same difficulty as it.

2) Again, this is a challenge that people can do on their own when they see their Morale has dropped to 0 to immediately exit the dungeon, either by entering the exit portal or retreating. This is also just a general gaming idea I am opposed to, to give the players an area to explore, but prohibit them from being able to explore all of it. It leads to FOMO, frustration and ultimately will discourage people from even playing.
I agree that the current way the dungeons are implemented is a bit lackluster, though it's definitely better than the linear system that came before. I believe dungeon layout is one of the things that has been stated to still be looked at in the future though.

Making the game more challenging for yourself is fine, but not everyone wants that kind of difficulty in their games. If Nintendo made all future Pokemon games have forced Nuzlocke rules, the series would die overnight. Implementing optional challenge objectives from quests or the like could be a source of challenge for those who wish it, but the game shouldn't punish people who just want a fun, somewhat challenging, lewd game with actual gameplay to it.
Well, while I understand people who want to play their hentai games casually with only one hand, I will argue that difficulty is needed for this type of game, at least as an option. Because this is a game where you have to lose to interact with most of the hentai content, so now you basically have 2 options: enjoy the gameplay by playing efficiently and missing out on most of the content, or lose on purpose to see the content but no longer enjoying the gameplay. Without the right amount of difficulty, 2 major aspects of the game (gameplay and NSFW) just dissonate with each other and destroy the experience.
Also, the game has a big BDSM theme going on, so the difficulty and suffocating atmosphere of DD will be very much in place there.
I think everyone would be satisfied if the developer would just create difficulty settings that allow players to turn on and off different difficulty features to customize their experience.

Arkady

May 15, 2018
I think everyone would be satisfied if the developer would just create difficulty settings that allow players to turn on and off different difficulty features to customize their experience.
You need to actually check out the Discord. That'd be a good place to contribute your suggestions.

XulOnTuesday

Aug 7, 2022
You need to actually check out the Discord. That'd be a good place to contribute your suggestions.
Not all people can access Discord. When I create an account, it insta-locks me out and then refuses to accept phone numbers. It's a terribly exclusionary platform.

maikochan

Dec 6, 2019
I'd agree with this. Difficulty options would be nice to have.

sergemenog

Apr 28, 2019
I followed your advice and it made me sad...
I found the latest changelogs and that all my suggestions are outdated for about four versions; every system I suggested to change has already been changed in the paywalled versions; so broke fucks like me can't even contribute as an alpha testers.
Also, the developer is planning to release on Steam and censor shit out of the game, which sounds threatening. There should be an uncensored patch to bring the game back to normal, but still... What can go wrong when you develop an 18+ game as 8+? Nothing, right? Right?

Madodev

Erodev
Game Developer
Mar 30, 2023
I followed your advice and it made me sad...
I found the latest changelogs and that all my suggestions are outdated for about four versions; every system I suggested to change has already been changed in the paywalled versions; so broke fucks like me can't even contribute as an alpha testers.
There's a git repo in the Discord. You can clone it, and use Godot 4.1 to open the project.

Also, the developer is planning to release on Steam and censor shit out of the game, which sounds threatening. There should be an uncensored patch to bring the game back to normal, but still... What can go wrong when you develop an 18+ game as 8+? Nothing, right? Right?
The censored version is a censored version, not the standard version. Nothing changes in actual development, the censored version just rips out a bunch of stuff for Steam while keeping the version on Itch the same (except once to get people to test whether the censored version is actually censored).

Reactions: sergemenog

Josh_ua

Sep 21, 2018
How do you gain 3rd currency - Favors? I've got to 20ish days already and not a single quest rewards with that. Quest tab gives me impossible quests like selling fully matured parasite, when I can't even build nursery to extract one yet.

XulOnTuesday

Aug 7, 2022
How do you gain 3rd currency - Favors? I've got to 20ish days already and not a single quest rewards with that. Quest tab gives me impossible quests like selling fully matured parasite, when I can't even build nursery to extract one yet.
Do you mean Mana? You get that as loot in dungeons, like you do coins. You only need 25 mana to build the nursery.
Edit: Nevermind, you're talking about the preview version.

Last edited:

Madodev

Erodev
Game Developer
Mar 30, 2023
It's from quests only. Just reroll them until you get a feasible one. It's meant to be a mid-late game resource.
Though you can get parasites from fighting parasite encounters with a broken (or no) outfit.

Do you mean Mana? You get that as loot in dungeons, like you do coins. You only need 25 mana to build the nursery.
It's a recent thing, currently subscriber only. It will be public next friday, March 1st.

sgb3

Dec 14, 2019
I will argue that difficulty is needed for this type of game, at least as an option. Because this is a game where you have to lose to interact with most of the hentai content
Yep. There has been more than one hgame where I basically played through it without seeing any of the lewd stuff, because it's all on defeat and the game was too easy to lose unless you were actively throwing. Well made hgames combine the lewd stuff into the gameplay, and that generally means the game needs to be difficult enough that the player is going to see some of the 'punishment/defeat/taking damage' type interactions naturally.

I can understand people don't want hardcore DD1 difficultly, but...it's a game loosely based on DD1. It works both ways, some people are going to expect it and prefer it to be more challenging than your usual hgame.

vahnYD

Jun 24, 2022
Madodev You should really add some kind of trinket shop so players can spend money for outfits they like. Like the Nomad Wagon in DD.
+1

but rly, after day 10 you should consider letting your girls kidnapped, and get free full set of cursed gear

...uncursing them is a real hassle though

spacemix

Dec 30, 2020
+1

but rly, after day 10 you should consider letting your girls kidnapped, and get free full set of cursed gear

...uncursing them is a real hassle though
I like to play with the bodysuits on but getting a bunch of those takes hundreds of runs now.

4.30 star(s) 51 Votes