6nomad6

Nov 10, 2017
The game freezes:
1. a few seconds later after I opened character menu.
2. after I leave the very first starting location and am about to encounter the first enemy.
Addendum: the online version on itch, on the other hand, seems to be working (though lagging a bit). Requires reclicking between browser tabs everytime I encounter enemies, however, to unfreeze it.

Madodev

Game Developer
Mar 30, 2023
And yes iff you make a custom rule that lets us dissable this or lower the rate of those attacks. i will keep my promise.
Equip.png
You'll need to have completed 10 points worth of Main Quests, but when you select this you'll be able to go fully naked without any enemy interference.
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

Reactions: Lophora

Madodev

Game Developer
Mar 30, 2023
Maybe somebody has already asked why 1.00. But I cannot stand, why then 1.00?
After Alpha 2.99, all core game mechanics have been set in stone and will no longer change. The only changes now are fleshing out and expanding existing content, as well as the boss dungeons. So it made sense to move from Alpha to Beta.

Reactions: Flargnock

Rosen King

Engaged Member
May 29, 2019
View attachment 3462059
You'll need to have completed 10 points worth of Main Quests, but when you select this you'll be able to go fully naked without any enemy interference.
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
Are destiny points allocated or expended? That is to say, if you spend 10 DP on something for one run and then disable it for the next run, do you get the DP back, or is it more like a currency?

Madodev

Game Developer
Mar 30, 2023
Are destiny points allocated or expended? That is to say, if you spend 10 DP on something for one run and then disable it for the next run, do you get the DP back, or is it more like a currency?
They are allocated, not expended. You get them back, they just depend on all main quests that you have ever completed during any run.
They are stored in settings.txt, in case anyone wants to save edit.

technomage

Sep 19, 2018
Madodev, what is the theme song for your guild? is the original just that little loop, or is there a full song somewhere?

MasterXY

Apr 23, 2018
Wow, awesome game it's rare when I'll play a Hgame purely because I enjoy it so much. The music, the combat system, cursed loot mechanics all of it is great.

Here's some of my thoughts on the game balance. I might be totally wrong on many things but this has just been my experience. I played beta 1.00

-AoE damage is OP for most of the game I ran a party of Ranger - Cleric - Paladin - Warrior though I'll probably replace the Paladin soon with another warrior, I can usually burn through most encounters in 2-3 turns just by spamming archer's Suppressing Fire, cleric's Holy Fire, and warrior's Cleave. I think archer is fine, but I think warrior's cleave should have it's damage nerfed slightly so that it does half as much as slash, or slightly more than half. In my current game I've min-maxed damage a bit but Slash does 9-14, and cleave does 7-11 there's almost never a reason for me to not use cleave. I also feel like cleric's Holy Fire is a bit too OP and should be moved to Mage instead swapping Mage's FireStream, for Cleric's Holy Fire. So that instead Cleric can only hit 2 targets.

-Alchemist needs a buff it just feels like a much worse version of ranger it's overall DPS is probably higher in the long run, but it just feels worse to bring and ranger can bring all the same utility without any of the downsides making it much more consistent in fights. Personally I would either 1) change how blind works on Alchemist to be a stacking debuff starting at -25% accuracy, then -50%, then -75% etc... forcing you to reload to clear it all. 2) Remove blindness all together and just set all Alchemist gun attacks to have 75% accuracy or 3) give Alchemist an ammo system instead of blindness and after every 2 shots needs to use reload.

-Noble feels weird to use. It looks like it's suppose to be an alternative to Rogue where you are shifting your position backward and forward between the 2nd and 3rd ranks however doing this greatly limits your choices for what you can have in those positions. If you're using Noble that means you can only really use another Noble or a Rogue for that 2nd/3rd position spot that will get swapped between, all other classes have much more stringent frontline/backline requirements. The damage is also not very good compared to other classes the only thing it really has going for it is good access to Riposte which a rogue can do better and has easier access to, not to mention doing better damage. Personally I would add a class upgrade option that gives noble a 25-50% chance to double hit on attack.

Also a few questions/comments I had

-Personal Development goals seem to be bugged, they will randomly stop and start working and I can't figure out why. Loading game seems to briefly fix it.

-What is the slave job? Is it same as prisoner? Or is it unimplemented?

-When I enter an area some of my party members have "!" over them and I can't figure out what that's suppose to be.

-How much of the bestiary is in the game? I have found 36% so far are all 100% implemented or will they be added later?
1711130246718.png

-In future harder dungeons could you allow multiple enemies to grapple? Or make it a menu option? With only 1 grapple allowed any reasonably mid-late game party is fairly easy to break that grapple.

Thanks again sorry for wall of text had a lot of thoughts about this game and I've played it to day 150 at this point.

nightsight

Game Developer
Mar 25, 2019
how do you do the rescue missions also how to get pregnant in the game.

swpkmn

Feb 19, 2020
-What is the slave job? Is it same as prisoner? Or is it unimplemented?
The slave job is a part of the Farmstead section of the Guild. Once unlocked, you can assign units and it provides extra provision points. Like how Maid equipment gives a bonus for the Maid job at the Barracks, Prisoner equipment gives a bonus for the Slave job.

-In future harder dungeons could you allow multiple enemies to grapple? Or make it a menu option? With only 1 grapple allowed any reasonably mid-late game party is fairly easy to break that grapple.
I believe that is unlockable with Destiny Points, but you would need to create a new save to access it (or edit the parameter in an existing save).

-When I enter an area some of my party members have "!" over them and I can't figure out what that's suppose to be.
Usually means they have an available upgrade point or moveslot, but it can also mean they have too many moves assigned, which can occur if they got the Forgetful quirk between areas or they equipped an item that lowered their moveslot count.

how to get pregnant in the game.
If a character's armor & underwear are broken, a Parasite/Slime/Vine/etc may try to "impregnate" them.

PrGo

Jul 20, 2017
If a character's armor & underwear are broken, a Parasite/Slime/Vine/etc may try to "impregnate" them.
It's been a while since I've played without that mod, so i'm not a 100% sure, but without the Seedbed mod, only pregnancy in the base game is when a parasite attaches to a character. Correct me if I'm wrong.

PoEbalu

Apr 27, 2017
i love having patient/impatient and cruel/kind characters,because they make sense :Kappa:

swpkmn

Feb 19, 2020
It's been a while since I've played without that mod, so i'm not a 100% sure, but without the Seedbed mod, only pregnancy in the base game is when a parasite attaches to a character. Correct me if I'm wrong.
You might be right. I use that mod too, so I wasn't 100% sure if that was only because of the mod.

egaskrad

Jul 9, 2020
Tried modding a little bit. Add a new grid "Test". Add a new ring of protection in it. Pressed Export Sheet. No files are created under Wearable but it works in the game. Then quit the game and comes back to it... and the changes are gone.

What have I done wrong?

beta1.00

Last edited:

Madodev

Game Developer
Mar 30, 2023
Tried modding a little bit. Add a new grid "Test". Add a new ring of protection in it. Pressed Export Sheet. No files are created under Wearable but it works in the game. Then quit the game and comes back to it... and the changes are gone.

What have I done wrong?
You're probably changing main game data. You can see and edit that data, but can't change it permanently. You should add your item in the mod itself, not next to the main tab.

4.20 star(s) 49 Votes