3.80 star(s) 5 Votes

bobdillan

Forum Fanatic
Nov 18, 2016
bobdillan
These are some well elaborated questions.

To answer your first line questions, we want to have sole MC only through the Main Story, but not through "side" stories.
As for the possibility of harem, for now we would like to keep ourselves away from this idea. Despite our story's world making a harem more plausible, "realistically" it is not widely performed due to its nature to create complex problems between MC and the other characters in the harem.

For your second line questions, we want to make the "main story" characters to have light or vanilla fetishes, or none at all, while the side characters (which are optional to obtain) will provide the player a much wider pool of fetishes to choose from.
Initially we wanted to first show then tell (about fetishes), but if the people are curious we can start adding a list of upcoming fetishes too.

About the ending in our case it will be a little tricky, but we have already something planned.
We want to add multiple characters with their own kind of "side" stories, in exchange we gave up on the idea of endings per character. We are aiming for endings per player personality instead, depending on how he modeled his "personality" through the gameplay. Based on your "dominant" type of personality the player can get more than 3 endings.
This idea is just planned and over time this might change if it proves to be overscoping.

About the endings, our ideas are not fully shaped yet but we have a plan for them. If these prove to be overscopingthen we will attempt to ship different ways to end the story. Our plan is to make the endings based on the player's predominant (chosen) personality through the gameplay, rather than character based endings. They will be based on tones, but we would like to avoid true "bad" endings and present different views instead.

Thank you for suggesting the tag, we are definitely considering adding it, but first we would like to revamp the way the player interacts with the characters. In the upcoming updates we would like to make character interactions more valuable to the player, feedback from all kinds of perspectives will be super well received as all others.
First off, thank you for the compliment, and you yourself have quite the well worded and descriptive response. :)

Short form: Committing a whole character to a fetish, will make players feel like they are locked out of content simply because they don't share the same fetish, where as having it as an optional route on a side character will solve this issue (for the most part, there are some who would still view it that way, but is drastically less than if it was the whole character), especially if the player loves their aesthetic.

Or a simpler way to put it, a game should be able to have 100% completion for all content, with the core audience not having to be forced to do content that isn't part of the core of the game (i.e. full complete the game with all characters), having the niche content be optional routes with side characters allows this, where as dedicating a whole character does not.

Think of it like player a game, but having a character greyed out because you don't like something, it will feel like you are being punished, and you don't want your core audience feeling like you are punishing them for not liking a certain niche/extreme fetish. (The kind of fetishes I am referring to are ones like NTR, sharing, swinging, gangbang etc.)

It also gives more content for the core audience as well, so they will also have something to look forward to in side characters, two birds one stone sort of thing... or two horny one side story character in this case.

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

note: I will do a sort of diagram design to show what I mean. (just not now cause have to go somewhere). I find visualization is very helpful.

Last edited:

molitar

Engaged Member
Sep 22, 2016
This game does not fit RPG or Card Game.. Only 4 lousy cards.. You don't have enough cards to make a combo as you need 3 of a kind and all mobs have resistance so you end up losing every damn battle because your stamina cost is too high. Sorry but no way in hell do I want to grind 0-1 - 0-3 for ever just to get anything.

1. Not enough cards to be a card game
2. Weapons are shit.. got scattering sword and it's shit wooden sword is better
3. Tons of training scrolls can do nothing with
4. Grind forever trying to get parts for armor since weapons are shit
5. Right now the game is boring as hell. Only 4 cards you can never get off combo's to reduce stamina so you can win a fight
6. stamina run out 30% yet I can't go to sleep have to go fight a battle with stamina as it won't let you go home and rest

So yeah this is nothing but a grind fest and it's not a grind fest for levels it's a grind fest for useless items. This game either needs to dump the idea of cards or give you at least more cards in hand and you can use so many cards per round. I've played other card RPG games that were fun this is definitely not fun right now.

bobdillan

Forum Fanatic
Nov 18, 2016
This game does not fit RPG or Card Game.. Only 4 lousy cards.. You don't have enough cards to make a combo as you need 3 of a kind and all mobs have resistance so you end up losing every damn battle because your stamina cost is too high. Sorry but no way in hell do I want to grind 0-1 - 0-3 for ever just to get anything.

1. Not enough cards to be a card game
2. Weapons are shit.. got scattering sword and it's shit wooden sword is better
3. Tons of training scrolls can do nothing with
4. Grind forever trying to get parts for armor since weapons are shit
5. Right now the game is boring as hell. Only 4 cards you can never get off combo's to reduce stamina so you can win a fight
6. stamina run out 30% yet I can't go to sleep have to go fight a battle with stamina as it won't let you go home and rest

So yeah this is nothing but a grind fest and it's not a grind fest for levels it's a grind fest for useless items. This game either needs to dump the idea of cards or give you at least more cards in hand and you can use so many cards per round. I've played other card RPG games that were fun this is definitely not fun right now.
bruh... chill, it is a very early build, no need to rip into it like it is a complete game... it has a 0.x for a reason :|

constructive criticism is there... but you are too rude for it to really get its point across efficiently.

Reactions: YuYavon

bobdillan

Forum Fanatic
Nov 18, 2016
TrashGods

Okay so I have done some flowcharts to better explain the point I made above. note: the fetishes listed are examples, since i don't know how extreme you are planning to go, I just listed ones that imo sole MC players would hate, which seem to be the core audience for the main game.

A basic tldnr: try not to do it in a way that makes it feel like the core audience is being punished for not being into certain fetishes. (not that you are trying to btw).

This is the current flow to the game as to how I understand you have explained it (side characters dedicated to a fetish, mains aren't).

1627355160660.png

This current design prevents 100% completion of the game, for the core/target audience, and will leave them with a feeling like they have missed out, or have been done dirty etc. especially if they like the look of a side character and/or want to fully finish the whole game (the completionists), to which the fetish content will then feel forced/unavoidable, because you have to go through it in order to complete the game.

This is where doing a route instead and having a normal option that is inline with the core genre's and themes for the side characters (like the main route) fixes such issues, and avoids them (making it truly optional and avoidable).

A flow like this:

1627355607503.png

That way, the core audience can still completely finish the game 100% (incl side stories) without having to go through the fetish content (especially the more extreme ones). If it is something like domination (where the MC dominates, or is dominated), I don't think it is that neccesary since that is more a character personality thing, where as NTR, Sharing and such is more of an act than it is a personal attribute (depending on how the character is written though), that being said if on the fetish route the side character is a total whore, I would heavily tone that down in the non-fetish route.

A bonus to this is the core audience won't feel like the fetish content comes at the cost of the core content, and instead is just an addition to (yay more content! sort of thing), where as the side characters purely dedicated to fetish content will feel like it is taking away and not being in addition to the main game. (as side stories while separate from the main story are still considered part of the game as a whole, and the same principle applies to characters).

Think like the different players that are your core audience, and go from there, how would they feel if x, or y etc. (not saying that you don't already do that, just mentioning in case, since some devs really need to do this).

My personal opinion, is to just stick to the core audience, and avoid fetishes that don't fall inline with the main game and its genres. (main story all about just MC, then all story about just MC getting some. Doesn't mean you can't do a different protag for a side story with a side story chick that isn't a main MC LI tho, since that would still be MC only with their own LI). Since adding optional fetishes can increase work load, and by simply having them you may lose some of the core audience because they simply avoid those tags all together.

All that being said, make the game you want to make, this point is more, if you are doing it to try and please everyone... don't you will end up pleasing little to no one, only add content if you actually want to add it, not to appease a few people. what you want it to be should be first and foremost. Hence why my suggestion with the flow charts is purely about the structure of content and not the removal of content (adds content though).

Hopefully something here helps.

If you would like to discuss this more and in depth but not on the main thread am happy to talk more in a private convo.

Last edited:

TrashGods

Game Developer
Apr 2, 2020
molitar
Hm... these are some interesting views.
Our attempt on the battle system is to make an unique card game, where unlike most of the card games the player does not focus on his randomized hand, but rather on matching cards.
This mechanic might not be much explored yet in computer video games, yet it is relatively common in real life playing cards.

Your feedback is valuable to us, since it helps us to make an idea where to make things more clearer. Normally all the monsters have been designed to be easily defeatable if the player uses the right strategy for them, according to their cycle effect. Most of the monsters are not locked on only one strategy either.

Even though you have 4 cards in your hand, there are multiple different effects you can produce with them if matched correctly. But yes, for most Combos you need to at least end the turn once to be able to use a more powerful combo next turn.

Regarding armors, they are intended to be used for their Set Effects not their stats. Also, their stats can be increased with specific items currently available in late-stages. We will try to make these more noticeable.

And also regarding the training scrolls, similar to several other resources, they cannot be used YET, but they are there for upcoming content.
In future we will add multiple systems to let the player progress through the gameplay in different methods, nt only battles.

bobdillan
Wow this is an even more detailed answer. Thank you a lot for the time and interest spent to write your reply, it means a lot.

Hm,this is very interesting, this kind of view helps us to get an idea of other perspectives we wouldn't have thought of initially.

In our main design the idea was to let the player experience everything but not stick with everything, the player can choose to go through all the side characters but not stick with all of them. From our point of view this was a realistic approach, since it lets the player choose personality changes, and if MC changes then your relationship with certain characters will change too, because some of these characters have been attached from the start to a certain trait of MC's personality.

Your view will definitely be taken into consideration when we will start making this design work.
I'm curious about what you think about the idea I just stated above :) here is our Discord id in case you want to discuss such subjects related to our project again TrashGods#0233

tresk97

May 21, 2020
Your feedback is valuable to us, since it helps us to make an idea where to make things more clearer. Normally all the monsters have been designed to be easily defeatable if the player uses the right strategy for them, according to their cycle effect. Most of the monsters are not locked on only one strategy either.
Just to give a different perspective on this, once I got the hang of how the combos work I found it to be pretty straightforward. It's an interesting change of pace compared to the more typical card games you'd see in other games, but I did find that the lack of any randomness to be a bit of a minus. It turned the battle mechanic into more of a puzzle to solve, as you'd have to figure out the right hand and how to play it, but from there the battle was effectively decided before it began. Part of the fun of games like Slay the Spire, at least for me, is building a deck but then still having things play out differently depending on the luck of the draw, with the potential for terrible luck or a last-second clutch win.

Other than that, great art, solid story so far, and I'm looking forward to future updates!

Ranoyos

Jan 6, 2019
Hmm,randomly stumbled upon this game, and i've gotta say,I'm impressed. This game shows a LOT of promise, and i'm rather excited for what else you'll be adding to this game.

A few things though.. I know this game is still being developed, but i have a few questions.

So far,i've only found one place to spend the gold coins, and that's in the guild hall,buying food. Any other plans on where to spend your money that you earn? I thought you could buy armor/weapons with gold, but instead they require armor/weapon fragments for now, so you end up with a excess amount of gold at some point.

What are the red crystals used for? Nothing for now? I assume they're called blightite, as that's what was mentioned in the difficulty bonus modifier screen (and as a result,you get those red crystals that you normally don't obtain by adding such modifiers)

Is the gold border (i assumed that's the highest rarity) rings implemented in this game yet? I've gotten the grey and blue coloured rings, with blue coloured being a bit stronger in effects so far. If it is, must be a really rare chance, but it's driving me nuts that i can't get one yet.

Gameplay is very solid so far,I can see a lot of customization once you start adding in more different cards. At the moment, the hexa combo is the strongest in the game,and you can plow through virtually every battle just spamming heavy strike/total dust/underflow. (Or,if you've upgraded total dust to be repeatable, heavy strike --> total dust --> total dust, repeat). This is because of the stamina regen, and that manifest currently ignores ALL defense at the moment. This brings me to my next question:

Will there be other ways to regain stamina in battle? Maybe the ability to use items (eat food in combat?) Since if the monsters get tougher,i can see running out of stamina being an annoying issue in the future.

Also, as a side note, i wish you can highlight items on the victory screen,i'd like to see the names of the item's that i've won from winning.

Lewd scenes are niiiiice. Very pleasant looking art, animated being a bonus.

TrashGods

Game Developer
Apr 2, 2020
Hmm,randomly stumbled upon this game, and i've gotta say,I'm impressed. This game shows a LOT of promise, and i'm rather excited for what else you'll be adding to this game.

A few things though.. I know this game is still being developed, but i have a few questions.

So far,i've only found one place to spend the gold coins, and that's in the guild hall,buying food. Any other plans on where to spend your money that you earn? I thought you could buy armor/weapons with gold, but instead they require armor/weapon fragments for now, so you end up with a excess amount of gold at some point.

What are the red crystals used for? Nothing for now? I assume they're called blightite, as that's what was mentioned in the difficulty bonus modifier screen (and as a result,you get those red crystals that you normally don't obtain by adding such modifiers)

Is the gold border (i assumed that's the highest rarity) rings implemented in this game yet? I've gotten the grey and blue coloured rings, with blue coloured being a bit stronger in effects so far. If it is, must be a really rare chance, but it's driving me nuts that i can't get one yet.

Gameplay is very solid so far,I can see a lot of customization once you start adding in more different cards. At the moment, the hexa combo is the strongest in the game,and you can plow through virtually every battle just spamming heavy strike/total dust/underflow. (Or,if you've upgraded total dust to be repeatable, heavy strike --> total dust --> total dust, repeat). This is because of the stamina regen, and that manifest currently ignores ALL defense at the moment. This brings me to my next question:

Will there be other ways to regain stamina in battle? Maybe the ability to use items (eat food in combat?) Since if the monsters get tougher,i can see running out of stamina being an annoying issue in the future.

Also, as a side note, i wish you can highlight items on the victory screen,i'd like to see the names of the item's that i've won from winning.

Lewd scenes are niiiiice. Very pleasant looking art, animated being a bonus.
Hello there and thank you for playing and showing interest in our game! It means a lot for us!

I will try to answer each of your questions:
1. The Gold - At the current moment you can only buy food with the Gold which only heals you. But this is going to change soon as we will add multiple shops in the game and you will have many more things to do with the Gold. We would like to make the items you buy have a "value" in the experience too when we implement these shops.

2. The Red Crystals, the "Blightite" is currently a hard currency and it is not used for now (very very soon we will post a public patch where the player can use this resource). Since it is supposed to be the hardest to obtain, the player will be able to obtain multiple rare items from it, and also ease the player's progression in future. The Difficulty Selector might not be the best for now, but we are going to tweak it soon.

3. Regarding the Rarity, yes, there are multiple rarities in this game and items with Purple and Golden border are supposed to be "harder" to obtain, BUT since we don't like the idea of grinding too much, we have the following system added into our game:
- the more you farm a stage the higher your drop rates will be. I don't know if you have managed to open a Chest on the Adventure Map yet, but each time you open it, it will increase the chance to give you rare items up to a point where most of your items will be Purple or Golden border.
We want to make the "drops" progress as the player progresses. This system is currently applied to most of our game's mechanics so far, including bosses and normal monsters.
Our purpose with this system is to make the game's "general drop" increase based on the player's progress. The player will not need the best gear early in the game, yet they will need it later as the monsters became stronger, that's why the more you beat the better your chances to get good items will be.
P.s.: The monsters increase their own level the more you fight them, but they also give you more more drops.

4. About the combos, I'm glad people are starting to actually use them, because these can be very powerful if used correctly.
Soon I will start posting some gifs with different combos in battle and how you can use them, but as a general info: All stages in the whole game have been designed for the player to be able to clear them with less than 100 Stamina (so you don't get debuff) if the player chooses the right strategy.

But to answer your question, yes, there will be methods in the future for the player to replenish stamina amounts.

Also because the monsters are getting rougher the more you play, we have already implemented in-game ways for the player to enhance his equipment and skills. You might have experienced already skill upgrade, but equipment upgrade is not that intuitive yet. Basically you can put bonuses on your equipment and these will make you stronger to adapt to the new enemies. We are adding a tutorial for this in the next patch.

5. About the name of the items, we are definitely considering this. So far some game icons have their own tooltips if you click on them, so you know what skill (for now) that enemy will use and their effects. A similar thing we want to do for the items, so their mini-icons will display the item's name when you click on it, this will be also added but we as we progress making the game, since various items will be added and we need unique icons for each one for them to get an unique tooltip.

Thank you again for playing our game, and for showing interest in our game! It means a lot, we are trying our best to ship an experience we would like to see in other games~

Last edited:

hobobobb

Jul 25, 2017
I am going to watch this one.
Seem's like it might be worth $upporting after a few updates. (Assuming NTR/Sharing/mmf type content is never added)

Either way, Good Luck Dev.
Love your artwork thus far.

I'll watch for a while and see which direction you go.

molitar

Engaged Member
Sep 22, 2016
I gave up on damn combo's.. how to use them the only ones I saw that did anything was 3 of a kind.. but than the mobs are immune to the ones you have so only 1 card does damage.. totally useless. Hopefully this new release fixes the problem and gives a proper tutorial on how to use combos. Also need to have more damn cards in hand like at 5 or 6 cards.. Any card game I have played has at least 5 cards in hand.

• Angry

Koruya

Feb 5, 2018
Well, the game pretty raw, tbh. The UI, dialogues, scenes need thoughtfully polishing. But overall feeling is positive, will keep my eye on this one.

I gave up on damn combo's.. how to use them the only ones I saw that did anything was 3 of a kind.. but than the mobs are immune to the ones you have so only 1 card does damage.. totally useless. Hopefully this new release fixes the problem and gives a proper tutorial on how to use combos. Also need to have more damn cards in hand like at 5 or 6 cards.. Any card game I have played has at least 5 cards in hand.
Well, you choose your hand before every battle. There is attack, defense, de-buff and magic card's. The combo up to 4 cards based on equip set, so. Also you got 5th card with your partner join in.

elhlyn

Jul 5, 2017
as harsh as it sounds, it already started off with a bad first impression with its slow and boring intro, even with the sex scene. really ought to add a skip button (like pressing ctrl) to go through the dialogue if it's going to be that slow.

Koruya

Feb 5, 2018
as harsh as it sounds, it already started off with a bad first impression with its slow and boring intro, even with the sex scene. really ought to add a skip button (like pressing ctrl) to go through the dialogue if it's going to be that slow.
You can long press your mouse button, like it was in some RPG MV games.

TrashGods

Game Developer
Apr 2, 2020
Thank you for your feedback! You can directly skip all the scenes if you want, to do that make sure you click on the Skip button before first 7 dialogues (in that cutscene) are displayed.
On the latest build 0.2.1 you can also skip completely the intro scene too!
Furthermore, in case you ever want to read the story you just skipped you have a "Story Journal" feature where you can replay all the story chapters :)

We will add the [VN] tag on our project game page to make sure we avoid any similar misunderstandings.

Jojopo

May 28, 2021
Thank you for your feedback! You can directly skip all the scenes if you want, to do that make sure you click on the Skip button before first 7 dialogues (in that cutscene) are displayed.
On the latest build 0.2.1 you can also skip completely the intro scene too!
Furthermore, in case you ever want to read the story you just skipped you have a "Story Journal" feature where you can replay all the story chapters :)

We will add the [VN] tag on our project game page to make sure we avoid any similar misunderstandings.
Excuse me dev. I have a question are you going to add ntr or sharing?
I like your art but I'm playing safe that's why I'm asking this question.

TrashGods

Game Developer
Apr 2, 2020
Excuse me dev. I have a question are you going to add ntr or sharing?
I like your art but I'm playing safe that's why I'm asking this question.
There are no plans for NTR or Sharing at the current moment, yet if many players will request it we will definitely consider to add it for a side character.

We want the players to feel closer to the character, not only sexually but also emotionally, this is our focus.
If NTR is something you don't like, if we ever add this option we will definitely make it avoidable, along with a clear fetish warning.
So far there have been already several people NOT wanting NTR/Sharing in the game, this is a direction the player can choose where the project goes.

Reactions: Jojopo

Jojopo

May 28, 2021
There are no plans for NTR or Sharing at the current moment, yet if many players will request it we will definitely consider to add it for a side character.

We want the players to feel closer to the character, not only sexually but also emotionally, this is our focus.
If NTR is something you don't like, if we ever add this option we will definitely make it avoidable, along with a clear fetish warning.
So far there have been already several people NOT wanting NTR/Sharing in the game, this is a direction the player can choose where the project goes.
Thank you for answering my question. I like your idea " We want the players to feel closer to the character, not only sexually but also emotionally, this is our focus." And I wish you good luck with this game.

And other players reading this I hope you don't request NTR or Sharing. But if you want it. It's your free will, I can't do anything about that. If you want to build relationships with the characters emotionally don't request it.

Reactions: bruce555

hobobobb

Jul 25, 2017

The problem that I have with the stance of "I'll add it if people want it" is that;

A) It doesn't sound like its something the Dev wants to add themselves (its a player pressure thing)

B) I personally cannot bring myself to $upport a game that is in a constant state of "maybe adding" this kind of stuff.

Now (with regards to A) it's the Dev's game, and I fully support them making exactly what they want, regardless of my personal taste.

As for B) in cases of uncertainty, I typically wait until the project is completed and give a one-time $upport, if it doesn't contain the NTR/Sharing (see my signature) type stuff.

Ultimately, I can understand a Dev wanting to keep their options open (After all nothing is worse than Lying to players by promising "Absolutely NO /Whatever/" then a few weeks later, stating "I am including /Whatever/ deal with it").

However, Dev, please understand that this attitude makes it difficult for players like myself to give $upport.

Best of luck either way,

3.80 star(s) 5 Votes