HarveyD

Oct 15, 2017
There won't be any scenes that are fully non-consensual. There might be some scenes where Ashe's brain tells her to leave but her libido tells her to stay (like the scene with Natasha in the gym or Ashe getting a bit too handsy at night with Evelyn) but nothing much crazier than that.
This answer makes me think you believe I'm asking for more non-con stuff. I am not.
I suppose I should have perhaps been a bit more specific with what I was asking. Will Ashe and Natasha ever have a mutually romantic relationship where they both treat each other with respect even if Natasha is dominant in the bedroom? Will Ashe ever actively pursue sexual relations with Natasha or will it always be an "Oh god she's here again I should just let her do as she pleases cus I'm horny" situation?

Reactions: MorriganRae

zh

Oct 17, 2017
Not sure where you got this impression. The player had no choice in the scene, Ashe did. She wasn't raped. Zoey straight up gave her a way out when she found out Ashe is a virgin.
Indeed.
I also don't get the "non consensual" thing..

"Some of them want to use you
Some of them want to get used by you
Some of them want to abuse you
Some of them want to be abused" ♪♫

It's the typical dom and sub dynamic. And I personally love this kind of game!

As long as the 'main character' is OK with what's happening, I don't see where is the problem. MC always had way out so far.
And if 'The player' has an issue with the story, they can just close the game.. Although it's a bit peculiar qualify a 'perfectly-concensual-vanilla' sex scene.. in a 'sex game'.. as 'non-consensual'.. but OK lol

Orphanus

Oct 25, 2019
(Also: calling the Zoey scene "not entirely consensual" is ridiculous.)
I wouldn't feel comfortable approaching someone the way Zoey approaches Ashe, in real life, and I am trying to not make calls on that sorta matter in the way where I call something consensual if the person in question gives the vibe of someone being deeply troubled by inner demons and thus vulnerable to suggestion. You are the author and if you say it was entirely fine with Ashe, no matter the flavor of the scene, than that is how I will look at the scene from here on out.

In regards to your explanation I obviously accept that it's how you've decided to do things, but I will also admit that I am really exhausted by the "Futa too horny to act like a normal person" trope that gets in the way of meaningful interpersonal relationships in that fashion. It's not your fault at all of course that a bunch of other people basically did the exact same thing and, as I've said, I do really like your game and consider it a well written story on top of just enjoying the visual aspect.
In my eyes it seems a bit weird that, to Ashe, having sex with just any person is the biggest issue compared to finding someone special that she can build trust and a relationship with, given how her situation is described and what happened to her/around her leading up to the point in time the game starts, but of course it's not a deal breaker or anything. You're undoubtedly doing a great job, all in all.

Jafo

Oct 8, 2017
I am really loving this game as is. The way Ashe is placed as a character really touches me. So insecure, wonderful. I really hope that the dev is not going to listen to all the people here and do what he wants to do and continue with this lovely game the way he wants!.

For the first time in my life I become Patreon.

:giggle::giggle:

Last edited:

Orphanus

Oct 25, 2019
Indeed.
I also don't get the "non consensual" thing..

"Some of them want to use you
Some of them want to get used by you
Some of them want to abuse you
Some of them want to be abused" ♪♫

It's the typical dom and sub dynamic. And I personally love this kind of game!

As long as the 'main character' is OK with what's happening, I don't see where is the problem. MC always had way out so far.
And if 'The player' has an issue with the story, they can just close the game.. Although it's a bit peculiar qualify a 'perfectly-concensual-vanilla' sex scene.. in a 'sex game'.. as 'non-consensual'.. but OK lol. Maybe they wanted a trigger warning or something x)
I don't think the characters truly know each other well enough to qualify for any real dynamic (yet), that aside though, in regards to the non-consensual part, since I'm not the author, I can hardly make the call if that was something Ashe is really on board with and thus, after some consideration, decided to phrase it that way.

Last edited:

Orphanus

Oct 25, 2019
Imo that makes a big difference since all the others happen before "we" (the player) are the characters. It's werid to give choices then not give one then go back to giving them. This game isn't years old they could have easily added it at the start/done a flash forward at the start of the game. There is a reason many people don't like kinetic novels after all ...

I personally didn't even finish this update because it became pretty clear what all this game has to offer so I don't even have proper context for how non consensual the scene one.

You want to be deep and realistic? Why doesn't this turn ashe away from sex? Not much different from if she was held down and forced by the token rapecop she has the same amount of choice in either situation right? (If non consensual)
To be clear: The player has no choice, Ashe, according to the author, could have turned down Zoey. The problem is what you say at the start, it's having a choice (with how she reacts to the cop) and then randomly not having a choice in another scene that basically was just 'arbitrarily' chosen to be the moment where Ashe has sex with a character without input on the player's end. It could have just as well been any other scene, like the moment with Delilah at the party, or with Fiona's mum or whatever. I take a certain level of issue with what seems like inconsistency to me + I struggle to see a common theme in how Ashe acts, one moment she is super shy about opening up, the next moment she has sex with a relatively random person, and that is elementary to help with the actual important relationships later, an explanation I heard before, basically word for word, and that just doesn't add up with how things work in real life. Almost nobodies issues with social interaction are solved by having their first time & I've met more people regretting having their first time with someone random than I've met someone who's life took a turn for the better due to that. This is perfectly fine for the game still (no matter how much I disagree with it), of course, but it's not as if it was the only, reasonable, way to handle things. There are other options that would still give agency to the player without creating dozens of branches at that point. But I did word things really poorly in regards to the "consensual" part, apparently. That is entirely my bad and not on the author or the game, the latter still being a 5 out of 5 star candidate despite my criticism.

Last edited:

MorriganRae

Developer of 'Eruption Imminent'
Game Developer
May 21, 2023
I want to know more about how Ashe feels about Delilah, because she seems to have already decided about that (Can't mess with my best friend's sister, *even though best friend messed with mine...*) But then it seems she has a weakness for her too.

I also want to know more about how Ashe feels about Fiona, particularly the part about Fiona and Rachel. There must be some unresolved feelings there. We get some hints of that, and it appears to be unresolved on Ashe's part.

The reason I want clarity on that is because it comes up in the choice of whether to help Fiona or not. Am I still really upset with her, and we haven't resolved it yet? Would I dare to do it right in front of Delilah, who might wake up at any time, if I have some burgeoning feelings for Delilah? I mean, I can headcannon that any way I would like, but Ashe isn't really *me* or my interpretation of her, she is a fully fledged character with her own goals and motivations, and if I don't understand them, I can't help her make those choices. I assume that these two issues I pointed toward are going to come up again, so I will have wanted to account for them when I help Ashe make that one choice.

(I mean, if it's up to me, Ashe is looking for Lexi! But I can see an Ashe who is in love with Fiona and has completely forgiven her, or who is deciding that Delilah is her jam, too.)
Thanks for the feedback, sometimes it's tricky to see what is clear for the players and what isn't. I'll make sure to expand on that in the coming episode.

I can say a little bit:
  • Delilah: So far Ashe is basically just trying her best to block any inappropriate thoughts she gets about Delilah. So she's probably not even sure herself how she feels about her, although she does think she's undeniably very cute.
  • Fiona/Rachel: Ashe still feels a bit uneasy about their whole past relationship, but it's implied that she doesn't feel any resentment towards either of them anymore.

This answer makes me think you believe I'm asking for more non-con stuff. I am not.
I suppose I should have perhaps been a bit more specific with what I was asking. Will Ashe and Natasha ever have a mutually romantic relationship where they both treat each other with respect even if Natasha is dominant in the bedroom? Will Ashe ever actively pursue sexual relations with Natasha or will it always be an "Oh god she's here again I should just let her do as she pleases cus I'm horny" situation?
I misunderstood then. I don't want to say much about Natasha's arc, but having zero character development doesn't sound particularly interesting, does it? ;)

I wouldn't feel comfortable approaching someone the way Zoey approaches Ashe, in real life, and I am trying to not make calls on that sorta matter in the way where I call something consensual if the person in question gives the vibe of someone being deeply troubled by inner demons and thus vulnerable to suggestion. You are the author and if you say it was entirely fine with Ashe, no matter the flavor of the scene, than that is how I will look at the scene from here on out.
I mean I can see your point, but you can literally read Ashe's thoughts during the whole scene: I knew what she wanted. It was obvious. Sex. I wanted it too.
Ashe only hesitated because she didn't want to reveal her secret to Zoey, it should've been clear that she was very eager.

In regards to your explanation I obviously accept that it's how you've decided to do things, but I will also admit that I am really exhausted by the "Futa too horny to act like a normal person" trope that gets in the way of meaningful interpersonal relationships in that fashion. It's not your fault at all of course that a bunch of other people basically did the exact same thing and, as I've said, I do really like your game and consider it a well written story on top of just enjoying the visual aspect.
Fair enough, the trope isn't exactly a novelty. I don't think meaningful interpersonal relationships are out of the question because of it though. In fact, I'd say they're still a main focus of the project.

In my eyes it seems a bit weird that, to Ashe, having sex with just any person is the biggest issue compared to finding someone special that she can build trust and a relationship with, given how her situation is described and what happened to her/around her leading up to the point in time the game starts, but of course it's not a deal breaker or anything. You're undoubtedly doing a great job, all in all.
Ashe thinks she's too horny to function properly, that's why she wants to get laid so badly. She thinks that this would be a necessity to get her life back on track. If that's actually the solution to all her problems is highly doubtful ;)

Orphanus

Oct 25, 2019
Thanks for the feedback, sometimes it's tricky to see what is clear for the players and what isn't. I'll make sure to expand on that in the coming episode.

I can say a little bit:
  • Delilah: So far Ashe is basically just trying her best to block any inappropriate thoughts she gets about Delilah. So she's probably not even sure herself how she feels about her, although she does think she's undeniably very cute.
  • Fiona/Rachel: Ashe still feels a bit uneasy about their whole past relationship, but it's implied that she doesn't feel any resentment towards either of them anymore.

I misunderstood then. I don't want to say much about Natasha's arc, but having zero character development doesn't sound particularly interesting, does it? ;)

I mean I can see your point, but you can literally read Ashe's thoughts during the whole scene: I knew what she wanted. It was obvious. Sex. I wanted it too.
Ashe only hesitated because she didn't want to reveal her secret to Zoey, it should've been clear that she was very eager.

Fair enough, the trope isn't exactly a novelty. I don't think meaningful interpersonal relationships are out of the question because of it though. In fact, I'd say they're still a main focus of the project.

Ashe thinks she's too horny to function properly, that's why she wants to get laid so badly. She thinks that this would be a necessity to get her life back on track. If that's actually the solution to all her problems is highly doubtful ;)
Look, I will say I am being very nitpicky and also kinda clumsy in my way to word my thoughts and feelings on the matter. Thanks for taking the time to reply once again, I respect your decision making and am no less excited about the game than before. Looking forward to the point where things start to branch a bit in regards to potential romances, if that is even intended (might be a misconception on my end!), definitely eager to see Ashe get some real love from someone who deserves her! ^-^

RonaldGrand6969

Aug 30, 2019
So I saw this when it came out and waited to play till this latest update for some more screen time, be it lewd or just build up. And I have to say I'm very into it so far, sometimes just the read is worth it. I thought I'd give my take on it here to point out a few good and bad things about the game before leaving a potential review; SPOILER FREE!

Characters:
Pros:

They're are all very nice, each has their own charm that are for some, not for others wish I respect rather than them all being the same brainless sex zombies for the MC. I would dive into specifics but there that would just be a biased mess on my end, so the moral of the story is that everyone CAN be likeable in their own way. And with all of that comes the renders, they are really good, probably the best in the Futa Genre FINALLY! Ashe is noticably a fuckin knockout which gives me eye candy every time.

Cons:
My only gripe so far is the amount of Futas...I mean at the beginning of the game it is explicitly stated how rare they are, and yet every hulk woman or 2nd introduced character in a twelve mile radius is one. I personally like playing AS a Futa and going for Females, not Futa on Futa but that's just me. If you feel the same this game has a very limited number of NON MILF Females to choose from so far.

Music:
Pros:

This is kind of a small point only really dedicated to a select few fellow music lovers out there. I think it was a nice touch of stuff I haven't heard or good ones that I have heard. Sometimes good or bad music, even none at all can make a HUGE impact on the overall experience, so I can safely say that there is just enough in here to make it all the better. This includes the sound design for lewd stuff as well.

Cons:
Nothing really. The only thing that COULD improve that isn't really necessary is more ambient sounds. This is a city setting, make it sound like that occasionally?

Writing:
Pros:
I can't stress this enough, it is so nice to ACTUALLY get some adult level writing out of a fucking ADULT game...One too many times have I seen games with great, even stellar renders be completely WASTED by abhorrent, incoherent, baby talk; as if they haven't written dialogue between to human beings to save their LIFE! This is not here. The characters feel real and the dialogue between them is realistic, it truly feels like I'm in the internal monologue of Ashe when she goes bat shit horny. The comedy is there and not overly ridiculous that it's not funny, when it shows it shines. As for the pacing I never had a problem with it. A lot of people like to beat their meat or flick their beans IMMEDIATELY to some nonsensical, easy to fuck premise but this game doesn't really have that. It builds plot wise, and the writing slows to show for it while still keeping me engaged.

Cons:
There are a few inconsistencies with the Plot, which I'll touch up on in it's own section as my biggest gripe with the game from it's story telling perspective.

Plot:
Pros:

It's very slice of life feeling. I don't often play a lot of games for that because either 1, the MC is a fucking chick magnet or 2, the writing is awful with it's dialogue. But the plot doesn't really have this as I mentioned above. It's fun following the story of Ashe and her struggles with finding herself in life, the trouble between her relationships and her own self destructive nature. Less fun on the latter part, in fact I believe that's where the story shines most of all. Her trauma within the story is expressed so vividly and so well done that I actually feel for her, very rare to be bad to do that with games on this site. It gives me...a reason to stay other than JUST the horniness. She has a lot of i internal damage, and it only heightens the experience to see her try to push past it, fail, get back up, and engage with characters around her all while trying to keep it together. Other than that the happy moments feel happy. Drug talks are relatable, as are Guild meetings, terrible parents, jon hardships, and trying to find your place in the world.

Cons:
The BIGGEST issue the story suffers from is the fact that Ashe being a Futa is supposed to be this big secret, and yet time and time again when she says no one knows other than her sister and someone else due to plot events, time and time again it is disproven wrong by characters blatantly either seeing her erection, or ACTIVELY CALLING HER A FUTA. Like come on, so they know or not fucking know I'm getting mixed messages here. And it makes her relationship with someone in the game that much less of a high stakes situation to reveal herself if everyone around them already apparently knows but doesn't know. The people so far that mention this that SHOULDN'T KNOW are:

1. Delilah - at the slumber party, blatantly calling it out with the underwear situation.
2. Fiona - at the beach tag teaming comment.
3. Cleo - Alpha talk, she IMMEDIATELY UPON FIRST INTERACTION KNOWS.

Far too many in my opinion for Ashe to be making a big deal about anyone knowing. Especially since the whole big reveal that Ashe is nervous about is Fiona finally knowing she is one. Yet Ashe sees Fiona's dick when she's changing and has no reason to distrust her knowing she is one as well.
Anyway, that's my only plothole gripe.

Overall keep doing what you're doing Dev, you got a real gem in the Genre here.

• Red Heart
Reactions: MorriganRae

Ghos[t]

Jan 1, 2018
About plot cons : you misunderstood that part. problem is not that she's a futa, but that she's a duplo - she has both dick & vag. And yes - futas are not rare, duplos are.

• Wow
Reactions: RonaldGrand6969

Fazed

Nov 21, 2018
Bruh, the 128 was a throwaway, made up number irrelevant to the overall point.
Obviously. The exaggeration itself was what you needed to emphasize your point.
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

I will give you one thing. This...whatever you want to call it is getting to be grating and ultimately pointless. I really never intended for it to go on this long....but I did it anyway.

dezokokotar

Jan 7, 2018
My only gripe so far is the amount of Futas...
You're misunderstanding the world setting. As far as i understand, futas are common - as common as men are in the real world. Duplos (futas with a vagina) are the rare ones.
And similarly, it's not a secret that Ashe is a futa - it's a secret she is a duplo.

Personally for me, the more futas the better. Women are great and all but all the other games have them, so :D

Last edited:

MorriganRae

Developer of 'Eruption Imminent'
Game Developer
May 21, 2023
So I saw this when it came out and waited to play till this latest update for some more screen time, be it lewd or just build up. And I have to say I'm very into it so far, sometimes just the read is worth it. I thought I'd give my take on it here to point out a few good and bad things about the game before leaving a potential review; SPOILER FREE!

Characters:
Pros:

They're are all very nice, each has their own charm that are for some, not for others wish I respect rather than them all being the same brainless sex zombies for the MC. I would dive into specifics but there that would just be a biased mess on my end, so the moral of the story is that everyone CAN be likeable in their own way. And with all of that comes the renders, they are really good, probably the best in the Futa Genre FINALLY! Ashe is noticably a fuckin knockout which gives me eye candy every time.

Cons:
My only gripe so far is the amount of Futas...I mean at the beginning of the game it is explicitly stated how rare they are, and yet every hulk woman or 2nd introduced character in a twelve mile radius is one. I personally like playing AS a Futa and going for Females, not Futa on Futa but that's just me. If you feel the same this game has a very limited number of NON MILF Females to choose from so far.

Music:
Pros:

This is kind of a small point only really dedicated to a select few fellow music lovers out there. I think it was a nice touch of stuff I haven't heard or good ones that I have heard. Sometimes good or bad music, even none at all can make a HUGE impact on the overall experience, so I can safely say that there is just enough in here to make it all the better. This includes the sound design for lewd stuff as well.

Cons:
Nothing really. The only thing that COULD improve that isn't really necessary is more ambient sounds. This is a city setting, make it sound like that occasionally?

Writing:
Pros:
I can't stress this enough, it is so nice to ACTUALLY get some adult level writing out of a fucking ADULT game...One too many times have I seen games with great, even stellar renders be completely WASTED by abhorrent, incoherent, baby talk; as if they haven't written dialogue between to human beings to save their LIFE! This is not here. The characters feel real and the dialogue between them is realistic, it truly feels like I'm in the internal monologue of Ashe when she goes bat shit horny. The comedy is there and not overly ridiculous that it's not funny, when it shows it shines. As for the pacing I never had a problem with it. A lot of people like to beat their meat or flick their beans IMMEDIATELY to some nonsensical, easy to fuck premise but this game doesn't really have that. It builds plot wise, and the writing slows to show for it while still keeping me engaged.

Cons:
There are a few inconsistencies with the Plot, which I'll touch up on in it's own section as my biggest gripe with the game from it's story telling perspective.

Plot:
Pros:

It's very slice of life feeling. I don't often play a lot of games for that because either 1, the MC is a fucking chick magnet or 2, the writing is awful with it's dialogue. But the plot doesn't really have this as I mentioned above. It's fun following the story of Ashe and her struggles with finding herself in life, the trouble between her relationships and her own self destructive nature. Less fun on the latter part, in fact I believe that's where the story shines most of all. Her trauma within the story is expressed so vividly and so well done that I actually feel for her, very rare to be bad to do that with games on this site. It gives me...a reason to stay other than JUST the horniness. She has a lot of i internal damage, and it only heightens the experience to see her try to push past it, fail, get back up, and engage with characters around her all while trying to keep it together. Other than that the happy moments feel happy. Drug talks are relatable, as are Guild meetings, terrible parents, jon hardships, and trying to find your place in the world.

Cons:
The BIGGEST issue the story suffers from is the fact that Ashe being a Futa is supposed to be this big secret, and yet time and time again when she says no one knows other than her sister and someone else due to plot events, time and time again it is disproven wrong by characters blatantly either seeing her erection, or ACTIVELY CALLING HER A FUTA. Like come on, so they know or not fucking know I'm getting mixed messages here. And it makes her relationship with someone in the game that much less of a high stakes situation to reveal herself if everyone around them already apparently knows but doesn't know. The people so far that mention this that SHOULDN'T KNOW are:

1. Delilah - at the slumber party, blatantly calling it out with the underwear situation.
2. Fiona - at the beach tag teaming comment.
3. Cleo - Alpha talk, she IMMEDIATELY UPON FIRST INTERACTION KNOWS.

Far too many in my opinion for Ashe to be making a big deal about anyone knowing. Especially since the whole big reveal that Ashe is nervous about is Fiona finally knowing she is one. Yet Ashe sees Fiona's dick when she's changing and has no reason to distrust her knowing she is one as well.
Anyway, that's my only plothole gripe.

Overall keep doing what you're doing Dev, you got a real gem in the Genre here.
Thanks for the in-depth review.

In regards to the inconsistencies, I think you misunderstood the terminology of the sexes there (it is a bit confusing unfortunately). There are three sexes:
  • Females: Around 50% of the population. Female genitalia.
  • Mono futanari: Around 50% of the population. Male genitalia.
  • Duplo futanari: Rare. They have a super high libido and thus have a nasty reputation. They have both male and female genitalia.
When people in this world talk about futas they technically mean both mono and duplo. But since most of them are mono that's what people just assume they are. So: Ashe is a duplo, all the other girls with bulges (Fiona, Cleo, Natasha, etc.) are mono (or at least they claim to be).

RonaldGrand6969

Aug 30, 2019
Thanks for the in-depth review.

In regards to the inconsistencies, I think you misunderstood the terminology of the sexes there (it is a bit confusing unfortunately). There are three sexes:
  • Females: Around 50% of the population. Female genitalia.
  • Mono futanari: Around 50% of the population. Male genitalia.
  • Duplo futanari: Rare. They have a super high libido and thus have a nasty reputation. They have both male and female genitalia.
When people in this world talk about futas they technically mean both mono and duplo. But since most of them are mono that's what people just assume they are. So: Ashe is a duplo, all the other girls with bulges (Fiona, Cleo, Natasha, etc.) are mono (or at least they claim to be).
So the only difference is that the Futas have ONLY dick and balls but the Duplos are vilified as whole because they have that AND a vag? That's dumb, it's like sexism with extra steps for no reason...

Not an insult to you mind you. It's just that I could totally see humanity doing that if this was the real world...

4.90 star(s) 101 Votes