Ren'Py Escape from Ivy and Piper [v0.31] [AceX Game Studio]

4.50 star(s) 12 Votes
Jul 21, 2022
Ace_X,

The design of the Slu... of the succubus is commendable, as are the game's puzzles.

But let's focus on the final animations.

Some scenes are technically incoherent.

For example Piper;

- in the HJ scene, there is the climax animation.

- In the BJ scene, no. (only a few sequential screens, also called "flip-book" climax)

Same for Ivy;

- In the BJ scene, a beautiful animated climax.

- In the vaginal sex scene no. ( "flip-book" climax)

In 'development environment, it is used to say; technically incoherent. (or sprain of the animations)

The game has huge potential, you just need to concentrate.

Development is still in the early stages, so there is time for improvement and adjustment.

Good work.

And thank you for sharing your project.

Last edited:

fishbrain

Engaged Member
Apr 9, 2018
Oh boy.. can't wait to see you my love!!! :love:

If you're not familiar, renders are fucking phenomenal and animations are some of the best on the site. Don't fuck around, but if you haven't played Strip N Play, you have to play that first. :devilish:

Reactions: andresblinky

Ace_X

Creator of Ace X Game Studios
Game Developer
Apr 23, 2018
FYI you can lock the game without possibility of progression

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

Just thought you might appreciate knowing the bug I inadvertently found while trying to get different stats to see other scenes.
Thank you!!! I will try to fix this for the next release! Great catch and I hope all others avoid it!

Reactions: that1guyno1knows

Llamamann

Engaged Member
Game Developer
Feb 26, 2018
Ace_X,

The design of the Slu... of the succubus is commendable, as are the game's puzzles.

But let's focus on the final animations.

Some scenes are technically incoherent.

For example Piper;

- in the HJ scene, there is the climax animation.

- In the BJ scene, no. (only a few sequential screens, also called "flip-book" climax)

Same for Ivy;

- In the BJ scene, a beautiful animated climax.

- In the vaginal sex scene no. ( "flip-book" climax)

In 'development environment, it is used to say; technically incoherent. (or sprain of the animations)

The game has huge potential, you just need to concentrate.

Development is still in the early stages, so there is time for improvement and adjustment.

Good work.

And thank you for sharing your project.
Ok, so first off just because one scene has animation, it does not mean that every other comparable scene requires animation.

And secondly I can assure you Ace is concentrating on the game while he makes it.

Not sure if it was the intent, but your post sounds very condescending.

Reactions: Saint Blackmoor

mooncasterdk

Oct 15, 2022
i am always missing a piece of paper so it doesn't let me insert the code and game gets me stuck in " Let's put the code" i can't skip time , i caan't put the code , i can't do a thing. Also what do i have to do for Ivy , she always gets sad that day.

realsmasher

Mar 8, 2018
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
1. Yeah sure when there is a sound coming from the cabinet at the door I will start looking under the couch.
2. My guy wont look under the couch because he is traumatized from being bound 4 days to that chair, what do now?
3. It doesnt help that i get nonstop spammed with the text messages and sound while trying to search.
4. The directions of arrows where you can move or turn is unintuitive AF! sometimes there isnt even an arrow to move you have to click randomly on stuff to move. Which doesnt even light up white when you hover over it, it just turns white when you click. How are you supposed to know?

NO man, Im not gonna "play" like this, its annoying as hell.
Better wait 2 years for a 0.5 version with a walkthrough.

PocketSand

Jan 11, 2018
The stat farming is super annoying. I just end up back tracking again and again in an attempt to get the right amount in each stat instead of actually engaging with the dialogue.

I guess I'll look forward to the cheat/walkthrough mod if that ever gets made for this game...

And I have to agree that the free roam scavenger hunt seems just as pointless as it does in the 99% of other games that try to do it. Idk why dev's keep thinking they can somehow overcome or reinvent what was more or less killed in the heyday of the point and click genre.

Jul 21, 2022
Ok, so first off just because one scene has animation, it does not mean that every other comparable scene requires animation.

And secondly I can assure you Ace is concentrating on the game while he makes it.

Not sure if it was the intent, but your post sounds very condescending.
Yes, I always tend to act like a kind person. (But with those who deserve it, of course, that is, the honest ones).

If your final comment was meant as a compliment, thank you for your kindness.

Regarding animations in general, there is a specific reason; "varying" between an animated and a non-animated state tends to be a technique used for three reasons:

- To reduce (save) the rendering time of an entire scene or scenes between updates.(time/work/money)

- (ties in with the point above) When a designer-animator, follows multiple projects/workstudies (or sits alongside other work groups), his or her time is limited in time by the number, so he or she uses the "flip-book" technique (especially in climax scenes, where there should be more involvement in frames and related renderings)

- Or if one is a novice developer/designer. (i.e., if you are at the 'beginning of your career as a developer-designer-animator, you tend a bit to confuse a generic VN from an animated graphic adventure )

For example, the design development of your game, is also very similar to this; you alternate between animated and "flip-book" scenes. (And I condescend here, too, as I like your 'other design work.)

An analogy in the IT field:

Windows, Gnu-Linux and Mac.

The first OS is a concetrate of graphical inconsistencies (we're talking about window design, menus, icons and a mountain of useless services that weigh down the system, so we're also talking about design/structural project), while on the other hand the last two OSs, graphically (consistency in the eyes) are a coherent and balanced amalgam. (The first OS has to sell in large numbers, so quantity, the last two (particularly the Mac) on the other hand focus on quality. (And it's no coincidence, if the design/project development environments in general, are much more mature in that 'ecosystem.)

Let's just say that I am one of those few people who likes a clean, consistent, balanced style. (I use a Windows optimized/cleaned by me and with minimal resource usage, but I have also used Gnu-Linux in the past)

And since anyway, these are two games I follow with interest, my suggestion still stands.

Thank you for your input.

Last edited:

zh

Oct 17, 2017
Hmmm... Reading the comments, looks like I missed one scene...

I don't need a walkthrough as finding the stuff I need in the room is easy... BUT it would be great to know how many points I need with each women to unlock all the scenes :)

Last edited:

08Hanbo

Nov 15, 2020
desperately need walkthrough, the room is super annoying to navigate and I have clicked on every object 50 times already yet cant advance.............
The stat farming is super annoying. I just end up back tracking again and again in an attempt to get the right amount in each stat instead of actually engaging with the dialogue.

I guess I'll look forward to the cheat/walkthrough mod if that ever gets made for this game...

And I have to agree that the free roam scavenger hunt seems just as pointless as it does in the 99% of other games that try to do it. Idk why dev's keep thinking they can somehow overcome or reinvent what was more or less killed in the heyday of the point and click genre.
My walkthrough
Wait patiently for his walkthrough, which he did very well. ;)

rainwake

Jun 8, 2019
What is the cabinet next to the door? I've clicked most of the room and the only cabinet near the door is the one in front of it. Everything is locked. Am I missing something?

1669980613367.png

• Haha
Reactions: 2382dudubes
4.50 star(s) 12 Votes