4.40 star(s) 118 Votes

Drendari

May 18, 2018
Holy Crap(tm) those renders! Can't comment much more yet but well.... Holy Crap(tm). And I mean that in the best way possible!

ZZ23

Jan 21, 2019
ughhh i like the story and the setting but why why only make it a novell... i would have much more potential if the house was walkable and some things to discover...
Maybe a bit more like cure my addiction? With repeatable events and some small questing... but plz not just a novell where ppl just click trough ultra fast...

Love the maid and vintage style ^^
I personally like novel type because there is more attention to writing. Good writing and scene is what gets me invested in story and there for "action". Walking around is all cool in theory but it takes too much work for little gain, meaning it gets linear anyway so you are clicking for no other reason but to waste time.

I would rather get good story then walk around in disjointed mess that most games like that end up.

Fzoner95

Oct 13, 2017
Personally, I always find walkable VN like games kinda lifeless. You end up clicking around mostly empty screens waiting for something to trigger. There are still plenty games like that I love regardless, but I prefer the more directed style. In the case of Estate : Dominate, it would also clash with the setting. You aren't really supposed to have much freedom after all.
I agree. Walkable games (I call them daycycle games) CAN be great but you have to work hard and add a lot of stuff for the player to make it feel alive. Even if you have zero or nearly zero gameplay elements in your VN it can still be enjoayble, like The Visit. Some have a few and are also great like Dreams of Desire. Don't force yourself to do sandbox game if that's not your style!

Pinguino47

Monster Energy addict.
Donor
Feb 24, 2018
Hi everyone, Henissart here, the guy developing this. If you have any questions, let me know. Better yet, get out of here and play!
Hey man, really good first version but HOW DO YOU MAKE ISABELLA WIN THE BET?!?

Taimant

Nov 26, 2018
Personally, I always find walkable VN like games kinda lifeless. You end up clicking around mostly empty screens waiting for something to trigger. There are still plenty games like that I love regardless, but I prefer the more directed style. In the case of Estate : Dominate, it would also clash with the setting. You aren't really supposed to have much freedom after all.
Empty screens and lack of events can be a problem. But because there is D/s setting there would be many possible events and give the player more choice and the possibilty of interaction instead of just diaolog options... There would be the option of peeping on certain events, or interupting an event by walking in, getting caught and punished, execute a given task like cleaning the floor... and so much more ^^

But it seems you already made up your mind :cry: ... still hoping to see more in the future ;)

Henissart

Makes Estate : Dominate
Game Developer
Apr 24, 2019
Hey man, really good first version but HOW DO YOU MAKE ISABELLA WIN THE BET?!?
There are a couple of conditions. First, there are 5 choices throughout the day where you can be a bit more forceful or direct, like scolding heather when you arrive at the estate. each gives a point. if you have at least 3, and you pick the "eager" choice when it gets close to the climax, you get 2 chances to push heather further. if you do that at least once, you get the choice to make the final push.

hash19

Jun 4, 2017
Didn't played it yet.
But why you need a incest-patch in the game? What does it change?
In the OP you can read "When your parents and their best friend and business partner die in an accident, you and his daughter are suddenly in a precarious financial situation."
That's a lot more sensual to me than always bro-sis. Or does the patch change other characters?

Reactions: Ragnar

Taimant

Nov 26, 2018
I personally like novel type because there is more attention to writing. Good writing and scene is what gets me invested in story and there for "action". Walking around is all cool in theory but it takes too much work for little gain, meaning it gets linear anyway so you are clicking for no other reason but to waste time.

I would rather get good story then walk around in disjointed mess that most games like that end up.
Thats not true ! There are some very bad examples yeah i will give you that but its not like inevitable.
My problem with novels is the lack of gaming experience... for me there should be some level of gamefication. And those expectations normally go further then dialog option a or dialog option b...

cma is the best example of well done&written walkable game which is neither lifeless nor boring. And trough the repeatability of events it make some kind of ingame computer with galleries obsolet ... Maybe you give it a try it will change your mind about this i promise ;) https://f95zone.to/threads/cure-my-addiction-v0-5-2-thegary.18207/

But the developer seems to have made up his mind anyways already... just hope he keeps going with the nice vintage/nylon style ;)

Reactions: nodice20

Henissart

Game Developer
Apr 24, 2019
Didn't played it yet.
But why you need a incest-patch in the game? What does it change?
In the OP you can read "When your parents and their best friend and business partner die in an accident, you and his daughter are suddenly in a precarious financial situation."
That's a lot more sensual to me than always bro-sis. Or does the patch change other characters?
The patch turns the childhood friend into your sister. Both versions are fully written out with some changes to entire lines of dialogue, so no inferior version or whatever. Just pick what you prefer.

Henissart

Game Developer
Apr 24, 2019
Thats not true ! There are some very bad examples yeah i will give you that but its not like inevitable.
My problem with novels is the lack of gaming experience... for me there should be some level of gamefication. And those expectations normally go further then dialog option a or dialog option b...

cma is the best example of well done&written walkable game which is neither lifeless nor boring. And trough the repeatability of events it make some kind of ingame computer with galleries obsolet ... Maybe you give it a try it will change your mind about this i promise ;)https://f95zone.to/threads/cure-my-addiction-v0-5-2-thegary.18207/

But the developer seems to have made up his mind anyways already... just hope he keeps going with the nice vintage/nylon style ;)
Oh, I'm not saying walkable games are bad or anything. I love Milfy City for example. I guess it's just not quite my style and it doesn't fit the scenario, so Estate : Dominate will not be fully walkable. There are and will be choices for you to make though, including where to go, whether or not to interfere and so on.

4.40 star(s) 118 Votes