Mod Ren'Py Eternum [v0.7.5] Multi-Mod [Sancho1969]

5.00 star(s) 9 Votes

longjohngold

Jan 22, 2020
Hmmm... yeah.... true. Well, you can use the cheat screen to select the pendant if you want.
Yeah that's what I did a little while ago... but my original point was, that I didn't know the pendant could do that, and only found out from comments in the game thread, so it'd be nice if the mod gave a heads up there to swap to the pendant using the cheats as part of the walkthrough (if so inclined), or automatically swapped to it to give the best route or something... that's the sort of detail I'd want to know about.

Sancho1969

Message Maven
Modder
Donor
Jan 19, 2020
Yeah that's what I did a little while ago... but my original point was, that I didn't know the pendant could do that, and only found out from comments in the game thread, so it'd be nice if the mod gave a heads up there to swap to the pendant using the cheats as part of the walkthrough (if so inclined), or automatically swapped to it to give the best route or something... that's the sort of detail I'd want to know about.
Well, like I just said, I had it in my mind that there was another route but that's obviously inccorect. I just edited the change into the dynamic ChoiceGuide (I still need to find out why the macro didn't find that issue with while having the Xeno gun. That's why there was no player warning... the macro had supposedly found another way. I'm making corrections now...

Reactions: longjohngold

Deleted member 1571716

Conversation Conqueror
Aug 7, 2019
I even had issues with that scene. I chose the commander path, got the gun and never got warned to attack at the end, but, the pendant saved us.

Sancho1969

Message Maven
Modder
Donor
Jan 19, 2020
Here's the new screen if the player does not have the pendant (this particular shot the MC has the shovel... just because) and all the subsequent choices note it similar... this is dynamic so it all changes depending on what the player has (the guide changes automatically). These and some other minor changes are slated for the next maintenance update.
1661135467306.png

Mentions: longjohngold Wolf™

Reactions: longjohngold

Deleted member 1571716

Conversation Conqueror
Aug 7, 2019
Here's the new screen if the player does not have the pendant (this particular shot the MC has the shovel... just because) and all the subsequent choices note it similar... this is dynamic so it all changes depending on what the player has (the guide changes automatically). These and some other minor changes are slated for the next maintenance update.

Mentions: longjohngold Wolf™
I got that. I decided to take the bomb for the commander and received the gun, planted the bomb, killed the baby xeno and as we left at the end, it was the pendant that saved us.

Sancho1969

Message Maven
Modder
Donor
Jan 19, 2020
SanchoMod Update (non-critical)

Changelog:
  • Resolved - dynamic ChoiceGuide didn't give proper warning at start of Andromeda mission. This is noted in the FAQ (second post of the thread).
  • Corrected/Altered - Many minor GUI tweaks and fixes (non were terminal, simply resolves some OCD).
Simply re-download the mod and reinstall over existing installation overwriting as requested.

Regards.

Reactions: Iron-Beagle

Treyyyy

Feb 28, 2022
View attachment 1721732

Overview:
In-game mod for Eternum
Multi-mod adds support for save descriptions, choice guide, custom stat screens, custom scene gallery, custom settings, custom fonts and more.

As always if you like the game please show your support for the Developer whose respective links are found below.

*** Debut of SanchoMod Core v6a ***
Another massive overhaul of core mod with 1,000's of cumulative hours in development

Updated: 08-20-2022
Game/Creator: Eternum / Caribdis /
Modder: Sancho1969 F95
Mod Version: v0.4
Game Version: v0.4
Language: English

Features:
  • Improved aesthetics with animated mod menus/screens, all fully customizable to tailor your personal experience.
  • Too many story branches got you down 'cause you can't remember which of your saves is which? I gotcha covered. Includes the Original SanchoMod save description feature. Often imitated (including the use of my GUI buttons) the SanchoSave is more intelligent and efficient, saving you keystrokes as it autoloads the save slot descriptions and it also allows you to completely escape the process of saving if you wish (I've personally not seen this feature with other imitations). Feature can be toggled on/off anytime as desired.
  • Adds multiple exhaustive stats screens always accessible via the MiniMenu or Options menu. Resizable, toggle-enabled, various formats, and more.
  • Adds in-game walkthrough (ChoiceGuide) noting all variable changes and highlighting important choices. Can be toggled on/off at anytime, play as YOU want to play. You are not forced to view spoilers if you do not wish.
  • Multiple opacity and text sizing options to customize your experience including dialogue boxes, text and fonts, QuickMenu sizing and format versions, and more. All can be toggled on/off as desired, again allowing you even more control to tailor your experience.
  • Adds a custom fully unlocked scene gallery (SanchoGallery) that runs completely independent.
  • Dynamic free roam events in the new MiniStat screen (screen changes dynamically based on where you're at and where you've been).
  • Adds professionally coded custom cheats (SanchoCheats) if applicable (varies from port to port). Full feature just added!
  • Too many new features to list.
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

Installation:
SaveFixer:
(Using SanchoModded saves in an unmodded game)
Change-Log:

If you enjoy my mods and guides, please consider smashing the "(y)like" to give me support. You won't see links or advertisements in any of my mods, all I ask is for your gratitude if you enjoy my work. Feel free to follow my profile where I post new mods, updates, and status of works-in-progress. If you find this particular mod beneficial and/or enjoyable, consider leaving a proper review and a "vote" so others might benefit from your personal experience. My personal thanks (as always) to the hardworking devs, compressors, and admins. Kindest regards and be well.
game keeps crashing at the main menu for some reason

Jul 16, 2022
Hi sancho, after playing with your mod, I had a desire to make my own mod for another game, but in the course of writing the code, I encountered many problems. It's difficult for me because I don't learn programming and I don't know what and how to do it right. In many ways, finding information on forums where people discuss similar topics saves me. If it's not difficult for you, could you contact me to help, otherwise just ignore it.

Sancho1969

Message Maven
Modder
Donor
Jan 19, 2020
Hi sancho, after playing with your mod, I had a desire to make my own mod for another game, but in the course of writing the code, I encountered many problems. It's difficult for me because I don't learn programming and I don't know what and how to do it right. In many ways, finding information on forums where people discuss similar topics saves me. If it's not difficult for you, could you contact me to help, otherwise just ignore it.
Advice if I may: You answered yourself, "you haven't learned programming". I'm not a spring chicken anymore so trust me when I tell you (as you can tell from all the shit hacked up "mods" found everywhere like litter on the side of the highway) there are no shortcuts. Take at least a basic programming course via whatever delivery service is preferred: at school, at work, or online. Study the official documentation of the the coding language you're interested in (Rust, Go, Python, C+, SQL, etc). This is mandatory, there's no way around it. You can't play "Eruption" without learning guitar, you can't rebuild a small-block 350 without learning about combustion engines, you can't fly a Cessna without learning aviation. This is where 99% try and fail (both "modders" and developers with their hacked-up, mostly ripped-off code snippets to create a modification of a program (disguised as a game in this scenario). If RenPy games are your interest then start by learning Python. Python is the foundation of RenPy (RenPy is simply an extension of the Python language).

So, short answer: start with education via an accredited introductory course. Not some 1hr video from youtooob, an actual course. Learn the basics or you'll never know what you're doing and take forever before you're knocking out EVH licks, restomodding that '69 Yanko Camaro, or performing barrel rolls in a Northrop T-38.

Sancho1969

Message Maven
Modder
Donor
Jan 19, 2020
game keeps crashing at the main menu for some reason
If it's a crash then attached (not a pic but the actual file) your traceback file. Otherwise install the mod as directed into a fresh copy of the VN v0.4 (original or compressed, it doesn't matter but the version numbers MUST match). Don't do anything else and run it. It will work 100%. Anything else you do otherwise getting cute is on you bud.

krisval

May 2, 2020
Hi! Thanks for SanchoMod!

Just wanted to report that with SanchoFont enabled when Nicolay speaks it shows crossed-out boxes instead of russian letters, with SanchoFont disabled I can see the russian letters.

I'm on linux, so possibly it could be case sensitive file names? Or possibly I have fonts installed that conflict? Or something else... nikolay.png

Reactions: Sancho1969

Sancho1969

Message Maven
Modder
Donor
Jan 19, 2020
Hi! Thanks for SanchoMod!

Just wanted to report that with SanchoFont enabled when Nicolay speaks it shows crossed-out boxes instead of russian letters, with SanchoFont disabled I can see the russian letters.

I'm on linux, so possibly it could be case sensitive file names? Or possibly I have fonts installed that conflict? Or something else...
It's a known issue bud. The font I use for SanchoMod is not Cyrillic compatible. I bought a new font a few months back but when I use it it's mediocre at best so I elected to not use it. My thought was this scene was extremely short and if it becomes a normal occurrence then I'll just have to buy another font package I'm satisfied with.

Reactions: krisval

krisval

May 2, 2020
It's a known issue bud. The font I use for SanchoMod is not Cyrillic compatible. I bought a new font a few months back but when I use it it's mediocre at best so I elected to not use it. My thought was this scene was extremely short and if it becomes a normal occurrence then I'll just have to buy another font package I'm satisfied with.
Right, I understand. Good that it's not a problem in my install.

I can't read it anyway, but it just looked broken.

Maybe for those few lines the default font could be forced on and then restored after. Just a thought, might not be worth the work.

Bloo

The Angry Person
Former Staff
Aug 18, 2016
Is there a way to hide this entire thing? All the slider does is change the opacity.

1661882140637.png

Bloo

The Angry Person
Former Staff
Aug 18, 2016
Well, it's the only way to access the menu and alternate mod screens, so no... it's the only thing you can't toggle off. Otherwise there would be no mod options/features at all to access.
Can't it show up on hover?

5.00 star(s) 9 Votes