Mod Ren'Py Eternum [v0.7.5] Multi-Mod [Sancho1969]

5.00 star(s) 9 Votes

slick97

Dec 2, 2021
Geez... I finally found the issue. It was the way the dev defined a new Character in the update... fucking Zippy. He defined him as "zip" (no shit, fucking zip) which is an internal Python function and made the mod's Core go nuts and puke critical crashes
I don't think you'd be surprised how common it is for devs to python functions as character names - which thankfully has never caused me issues when tinkering around with the source code. However, I'm surprised Caribdis made this mistake considering how long he's been developing VNs for.

With that aside, I've had to bookmark this thread since it's not linked in the OP for Eternum. I'm genuinely disappointed with the mod team for failing to include multiple "multimod" links - as you mentioned - considering most of the top VNs have a few being developed for them. I've always preferred using your solely due to the fact that you include several QoL features that other modders don't bother with.

Sancho1969

Message Maven
Modder
Donor
Jan 19, 2020
If memory serves it's DanielsK that has his current VN with a Character define as "re" that I have to change each time. I use Python's "re" function for text replacement in alt-character renaming in the mod's Core. That's ultimately what finally came to mind for me to check this VN's Character defines as a last ditch effort (I was getting to my wits end trying to figure out why the mod was crashing). That's when I saw Zippy the Goat... fuckin' things up with "zip". :ROFLMAO:

Zappyboi

Oct 1, 2018
I remember your post is on the front page of the game, and now it doesn't. I don't know or hear any drama related to why your post is missing so I just feel weird with this kind of quality in a mod and suddenly disappear from the front page? I have to go back to my notification just to find your post and wait on the 0.7 release.

ActuallyArma

Sep 7, 2020
Your mods are already high quality but your inclusion of a save fixer is better than the mod itself, imo. Being able to play a game and continue my save without being forced to wait for a mod to be updated (If it ever does receive an update, in some cases) is great. Seriously underrated!

Sancho1969

Message Maven
Modder
Donor
Jan 19, 2020
Remember to take a break and drink some beer and eat some bbq
Well, it's 0900hrs here so whiskey later... along with chunking a ribeye on the grill. The issue I'm having is I'm knee-deep in tax season closing for my corp and these VN's keep updating. I've too many irons in the fire but working my way through it all, slowly but surely (while maintaining a margin of sanity).

T1NKYW1NKY

Nov 25, 2020
I just have to say out of all the mods I have used on different VNs, yours was particularly very high effort, meticulous, and just a very good one. The biggest plus I have for the mod would be the text box stuff and the ministats. Honestly a QOL upgrade IMO. Hope you have a wonderful time my guy and don't forget to drink water. I honestly don't mind waiting for the mod to come out considering that in the time public comes out, there might still be bug fixes and patches that Cari needs to do for the game to function without breaking. Hopefully tho that won't be the case.

Sancho1969

Message Maven
Modder
Donor
Jan 19, 2020
I assure y'all I'm multitasking as best I can. I might just be the only dumbass on the planet that is currently processing my employee payroll while simultaneously modding a cartoon pr0n game :ROFLMAO: :p.

TBH, it's the MiniStat choreography coding in this VN that takes a ton of time. Most VN's simply have fadeouts to black and new scene fadeins for scene changes... nothing else much visually (besides lewd scenes), but this VN has so much image manipulation and production that I have to choreograph the MiniStat very carefully so those production values implemented by the dev retain the most impact for the Player. It's a bitch to do this (intricate work) but the payoff is rather enormous... especially if the Player doesn't even realize that I've done it (which is kind of the point, to be seemless and keep the mod unobtrusive).

Issikka

Jan 27, 2022
I might just be the only dumbass on the planet that is currently processing my employee payroll while simultaneously modding a cartoon pr0n game :ROFLMAO: :p.
I keep trying to imagine all the things that could go wrong in that scenario and well lets just say i have had a few laughs! :ROFLMAO:

• Haha
Reactions: Sancho1969
5.00 star(s) 9 Votes