Dorfnutter

Engaged Member
May 21, 2017
I just hope said cliffhanger Cari's planning doesn't involve making a heavy choice, just like a certain AVN did when a fire was involved. That one traumatized the players really bad back in the day (and there might be some lingering trauma in them still today). :eek::eek:
My money's still on the cliffhanger being the "Caly finally crosses over into the real" event (which, if it happens, will likely BSOD a lot of people who are still huffing the "Eternum is an adult parody of RPO/SAO" copium), but it could also be something like 0.3, except worse (like some big shit is about to hit the fan but then abrupt cut and credits start rolling).

I dunno, guess we'll see by the latter half of next year what Cari's got cooking I suppose...

Dorfnutter

Engaged Member
May 21, 2017
I don't remember what thing happened on which version, what event are you referring to?
End of 0.3 was right before the heist with the knock on the door after Orion explained the plan to everyone
Addendum: Knock on the door during the pre-Heist meeting followed by Orion opening it...

...only to be greeted with an abrupt fade to black and then followed by the "Thanks for Playing" screen.

(At least that was the case if you played around 0.3. Later versions just have Orion open the door and be greeted by whatever was knocking on it without any abrupt cut whatsoever.

Last edited:
Reactions: Ellyx

Dark Silence

Devoted Member
Jul 17, 2021
My money's still on the cliffhanger being the "Caly finally crosses over into the real" event (which, if it happens, will likely BSOD a lot of people who are still huffing the "Eternum is an adult parody of RPO/SAO" copium), but it could also be something like 0.3, except worse (like some big shit is about to hit the fan but then abrupt cut and credits start rolling).

I dunno, guess we'll see by the latter half of next year what Cari's got cooking I suppose...
I agree with you. However, I have a crazy theory:
Caly is actually a real girl who for some reason is in a coma and the doctors are hoping that Eternum VR will at some point bring her out of the coma. So, in essence crossing over and waking up.

Dorfnutter

Engaged Member
May 21, 2017
I agree with you. However, I have a crazy theory:
Caly is actually a real girl who for some reason is in a coma and the doctors are hoping that Eternum VR will at some point bring her out of the coma. So, in essence crossing over and waking up.
Doesn't explain stuff already revealed about Eternum though...
  • Why it's heavily implied from the Andromeda tapes in 0.4 that the creators of Alien suffered a bleeding effect that allowed them to encounter the Xenomorph in their dreams back in the 70s, decades before the creation of the VRMMO and before the VR implants were a thing
  • Why Orion is able to cross in and out of Eternum without a VR headset via dreaming*, a fact that Caly remembers when he did that back in 0.5
  • Why Axel insists that Eternum isn't a game and why the mysterious guy at the Ulysses party in 0.4 seems to also imply said case (when he mocked Orion describing the experience of Eternum as a video game)
*And yes, this also includes the hallucinogenic shrooms incident during the college party in 0.5

Reactions: Elhemeer

Ellyx

Apr 9, 2022
Addendum: Knock on the door during the pre-Heist meeting followed by Orion opening it...

...only to be greeted with an abrupt fade to black and then followed by the "Thanks for Playing" screen.

(At least that was the case if you played around 0.3. Later versions just have Orion open the door and be greeted by whatever was knocking on it without any abrupt cut whatsoever.
Yeah I started playing with the 0.3 version and each Time I replayed it before the 0.4 came out I was like "Fuck that wall" and I was hoping to see what was behind it at each replay :LOL:(yeah I know it's kinda dumb).

The endings that gave me the most chills are probably the 0.5 and the 0.1 (0.6 ending come Really close to these two).

If I had to rank them that will look like this(personnal tastes) :
1: 0.5 , 2: 0.1 , 3: 0.6 , 4 : 0.3 , 5: 0.4 , 6: 0.2
It's quite hard to rank them as they are all impactful and well made, the only one I'm sure of it's rank is the 0.2 ending.

Last edited:

Rome5555555

May 4, 2017
Yeah I started playing with the 0.3 version and each Time I replayed it before the 0.4 came out I was like "Fuck that wall" and I was hoping to see what was behind it at each replay :LOL:(yeah I know it's kinda dumb).

The endings that gave me the most chills are probably the 0.5 and the 0.1 (0.6 ending come Really close to these two).

If I had to ranked them that will look like this(personnal tastes) :
1: 0.5 , 2: 0.1 , 3: 0.6 , 4 : 0.3 , 5: 0.4 , 6: 0.2
It's quite hard to rank them as they are all impactful and well made, the only one I'm sure of it's rank is the 0.2 ending.
In general, I liked all the endings, they were well done. (y)

Reactions: Ellyx

Ellyx

Apr 9, 2022
U no like big booba tsundere elf princess reveal?

View attachment 3019371
Well the problem I have with 0.2 ending is that I already knew that Calypso was not a weapon but our dear princess(forum spoil) since I started playing during the 0.3. Otherwise honestly, I would ranked it higher if I didn't knew who Calypso really was :unsure:
(dunno If what I'm trying to say is comprehensible, find it hard to explain it in English and since French is not allowed here, this will have to do :LOL:)

Last edited:
Reactions: Elhemeer

Dorfnutter

Engaged Member
May 21, 2017
Well the problem I have with 0.2 ending is that I already knew that Calypso was not a weapon but our dear princess(forum spoil) since I started playing during the 0.3. Otherwise honestly, I would ranked it higher if I didn't knew who Calypso really was :unsure:
Fair enough.

Dark Silence

Devoted Member
Jul 17, 2021
Doesn't explain stuff already revealed about Eternum though...
  • Why it's heavily implied from the Andromeda tapes in 0.4 that the creators of Alien suffered a bleeding effect that allowed them to encounter the Xenomorph in their dreams back in the 70s, decades before the creation of the VRMMO and before the VR implants were a thing
  • Why Orion is able to cross in and out of Eternum without a VR headset via dreaming*, a fact that Caly remembers when he did that back in 0.5
  • Why Axel insists that Eternum isn't a game and why the mysterious guy at the Ulysses party in 0.4 seems to also imply said case (when he mocked Orion describing the experience of Eternum as a video game)
*And yes, this also includes the hallucinogenic shrooms incident during the college party in 0.5
I wasn't discussing any of the things you mentioned there. Just Caly. Which also has nothing to do with those. :ROFLMAO:

Dorfnutter

Engaged Member
May 21, 2017
I wasn't discussing any of the things you mentioned there. Just Caly. Which also has nothing to do with those. :ROFLMAO:
Except I was commenting on how your theory about Caly sort of contradicts stuff that we've learned about the nature of the VRMMO as of 0.6 (which are on hidden text because spoilers), as the idea of Eternum being real instead of a VRMMO essentially means that Caly and her powers are also real, and that she could cross over as is at some point.

Dark Silence

Devoted Member
Jul 17, 2021
Except I was commenting on how your theory about Caly sort of contradicts stuff that we've learned about the nature of the VRMMO as of 0.6 (which are on hidden text because spoilers), as the idea of Eternum being real instead of a VRMMO essentially means that Caly and her powers are also real, and that she could cross over as is at some point.
I prefer my theory. Let me live in a crazy bubble with it for a bit. :ROFLMAO:

• Haha
Reactions: Pax Draconis
4.80 star(s) 908 Votes