Oct 6, 2017
Haha, I love the silly humour typical for Caribdis. :D

Annie "Orion, your best friend (me) can play Eternum while you cant."
(dramatic music)
Chad "What?!! Best friend? I though I was your best friend, Orion."
Orion "What? Oh, yeah, of course you are, buddy."
(dramatic music)
Annie "What?!!! I am not your best friend?!"

PS: Turns out it was a good idea to keep supporting Caribdis (on Patreon or SubscribeStar) even though Once in a Lifetime was already finished. His next project is awesome as well.

zeroidk

Jan 2, 2020
Wow, I really wasn't expecting that much content and I still didn't want it to end lol. Already showing tons of improvement over the previous game, which is saying a lot. I guess I should hop on patreon again and support the dev, definitely looking forward to more of this one.

• Red Heart
Reactions: Caribdis

Boldano

Nov 16, 2020
Anyone got a "cough cough" patch?
Don't think there is one yet, as much as I'd love one too. Hard to tell what the relations would be, sister, aunt, and cousins maybe? As mildly suspicious as the "old babysitter" relation is, this game's script doesn't scream alternate patch nearly as loud as Once in a Lifetime's, so there might not even be one planned or possible.

BiggestDickest

Game Developer
Apr 14, 2021
Pretty good first build. Bit stereotypical MC but oh well. Plot seems extremely similar to sword art online thus far.
There are also some Matrix elements in it. I think dying in the virtual world kills you in real life is from that. The Praetorians as well, sort of similar to agents.

• Thinking Face
Reactions: The ArcKnight

cooldude33

Jun 1, 2017
Pretty good first build. Bit stereotypical MC but oh well. Plot seems extremely similar to sword art online thus far.
The MC of the previous game seemed like a pretty stereotypical ecchi action manga protagonist to me. Stereotypical is not bad if the characters are written well. I'm not really a fan of SAO but I have faith that whatever Caribdis writes will be better than that.

cooldude33

Jun 1, 2017
This is true but for me, in general, I always avoid honey select art I just can't play it for me it looks ugly as shit haha but it's just my preference I saw his first game was quite popular.
I don't normally care for Honey Select assets. I had the same opinion as you, to be honest. I first checked out Caribdis' Once in a lifetime game because of the facial expressions and poses. There's just something about those cheeky "I don't know what you're talking about" smiles on the characters that I haven't really seen in any other HS-asset game.

I never thought I would actually end up enjoying a game made with HS-made characters but it's become one of my favorite games on this site. The character designs also have a kind of old school Final Fantasy feel to them which I like, especially the mother character in Once in a lifetime.

Jan 28, 2019
With Once in a Lifetime, Caribdis earned a fan.
With this, he earned a sub.

I've wanted to support a creator for a while now, and I am happy to say that Caribdis is my first dev to subscribe to on Patreon.

A few thoughts?
This was HUGE for a .01 release. I know we all want regular updates, but if we want to hope they'll all be of roughly this size and caliber, I hope people are content to wait a little. I would personally rather wait 2-3 months (or more as needed) between updates, and get this much content for each one, than hope for a 2 weeks to a month update, that will be less content and rush the dev.
Good things take time.

Incest?
I love incest games. But I'm worried I'm a bit pidgeonholed by them, and I tend to look past many games that lack that tag. There is a lot of quality content I'm missing because of that, and I'm trying to expand my interests. And while there is a part of me that HOPES there is some incest content coming (dad could have had an affair and some girl in town with a single mom is your sister... a cousin could come into the picture, etc), I don't think this game NEEDS it.
This game works with Nancy as a former babysitter, her daughters being your friends. With Annie being your friend, etc. This isn't a confusing "I could never think that way about my roommate! We share the same Land Lady!" situation, where the game makes no sense without the patch. The story and character relations feel intact.

Lastly, the animations, girls, environments? BEAUTIFUL. I wasn't a fan of HS (OiaLT did amazing things to push it to its limit and make it look good), but HS2 is obviously more powerful. And the look screams "Caribdis" to me.

I really look forward to everything coming in the future!

AJBit

Mar 9, 2018
Don't think there is one yet, as much as I'd love one too. Hard to tell what the relations would be, sister, aunt, and cousins maybe? As mildly suspicious as the "old babysitter" relation is, this game's script doesn't scream alternate patch nearly as loud as Once in a Lifetime's, so there might not even be one planned or possible.
As far as incest, I think Annie as sister could work really well easily patched. Now Nancy could be the mother of MC's half siblings. But that might be kinda messy with the writing. But I think it could work too.

Reactions: Boldano

zerdeca

Jun 15, 2017
As far as incest, I think Annie as sister could work really well easily patched. Now Nancy could be the mother of MC's half siblings. But that might be kinda messy with the writing. But I think it could work too.
I checked the code and it doesn't look like this game is intended to have any incest. IIRC in Once in a Lifetime, all you had to do was make "incest = True" in the script file and it would change the game dialogue to reflect that. There's no variable for that in the Eternum code though. Incest isn't a make or break for me but if a modder were to change any of the relationships it'd probably be easiest to change Nancy from babysitter to Aunt and Dalia and Penelope to cousins

pothb

Jan 28, 2018
Damn it, I've been kinda avoiding this cuz I wanted to wait for a later release before playing, but then someone JUST HAD TO BRING IT UP in the Waifu Academy thread. Now I have to try it early. Thanks a fuckin' lot.

4.80 star(s) 878 Votes