Dorfnutter

Engaged Member
May 21, 2017
That would only be the case if deaths were instant but they are not instant. We have seen people fight with bullets and swords. Getting shot and not dying instantly or getting speared through the gut and slowly bleeding out is not something you can get desensitized to.

But like I said earlier, this is ultimately just a lighthearted adult vn. We should all just enjoy the ride and the cute girls without overthinking every little detail.
The quote in parenthesis was meant to be the exception, not the norm (since there are likely deaths in Eternum that the player didn't see coming and only realized it once they find themselves staring at the "You Died" screen).

And getting desensitized after dying a lot isn't a weird concept to think about, considering the matter is also explored in other stories where death and resurrection is a normal thing and you see people shrugging it off after a while (i.e. Altered Carbon, The 6th Day).

Last edited:
Feb 21, 2023
I normally do not like posting too serious and try to skip over this entirely where niche "preferences" or views are debated as if going against them is somehow actually bad. There is no winning this or getting anywhere with people like that, so just a friendly reminder that that list exists for a reason. Also a slight hint that a certain person, who shall not be named, may have incited this exact level of discussion in more than one thread. Stay sane, feed the ignomnomnom monster and go back to Eternum memes, cause even Pitrik's posts or (may the goddesses of Eternum forgive me for even considering this) Dorfnutter's cursed images are more entertaining than this.
And jk I love you both :KEK:
ignomnomlist.gif

ToadMayn

Oct 18, 2021
I normally do not like posting too serious and try to skip over this entirely where niche "preferences" or views are debated as if going against them is somehow actually bad. There is no winning this or getting anywhere with people like that, so just a friendly reminder that that list exists for a reason. Also a slight hint that a certain person, who shall not be named, may have incited this exact level of discussion in more than one thread. Stay sane, feed the ignomnomnom monster and go back to Eternum memes, cause even Pitrik's posts or (may the goddesses of Eternum forgive me for even considering this) Dorfnutter's cursed images are more entertaining than this.
And jk I love you both :KEK:
View attachment 3259299
I may or may not have been working to refute all of his statements in a prolonged paragraph. Thanks for the reminder bossman.

Dorfnutter

Engaged Member
May 21, 2017
Dorfnutter's cursed images are more entertaining than this.
Brain: Told you those edits were a productive way to cope with lack of theorycrafting material...

...Now hurry up and make that cursed edit that I showed you in a nightmare a while back

Me: ...One day...one day I will be free from your tyranny...

Brain: Talk back again and I'll flash another image of Nova and Annie having saggy buttocks.

Me: /whimpers

Ungawa

Apr 16, 2017
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

Thank you Carters...

Nov 10, 2023

Thank you Carters...

MAGO-DAG

Engaged Member
Sep 1, 2023

Thank you Carters...

Shit! Reminds me of how playthrough I enjoyed all the episodes... crying-4.gif

• Haha
Reactions: Takkatakka

SerHawkes

Engaged Member
Oct 29, 2017
Considering the resident circle jerkers in this thread, I rarely hop in, because trying to talk about something other than circle jerked theories ad nausam is hard to do. But fuck it...

it was a joke that also tries to show that everyone sees what they want to see in the game
Jokes are ment to be funny. You failed horribly. Do better.

4.80 star(s) 910 Votes