Aug 9, 2022
When I first started down the AVN rabbit hole, I didn't like the look of HS, so I avoided any AVN's that use it. While on Discord a while back, everyone was talking about how awesome OiaLT was. My curiosity got the better of me so I decided to give it a try. Needless to say, I was blown away! That's when I realized that using HS, HS2, or even DAZ doesn't make a great AVN, it's the developer! Caribdis is not only a great creator with HS and HS2, but a phenomenal story writer! I no longer base my choices on looks, but on content. Eternum is one of my favorite AVNs. I don't know anything about the whole AVN awards, but if he won that many, he truly deserved it!

sausageballs

Sep 12, 2023
When I first started down the AVN rabbit hole, I didn't like the look of HS, so I avoided any AVN's that use it. While on Discord a while back, everyone was talking about how awesome OiaLT was. My curiosity got the better of me so I decided to give it a try. Needless to say, I was blown away! That's when I realized that using HS, HS2, or even DAZ doesn't make a great AVN, it's the developer! Caribdis is not only a great creator with HS and HS2, but a phenomenal story writer! I no longer base my choices on looks, but on content. Eternum is one of my favorite AVNs. I don't know anything about the whole AVN awards, but if he won that many, he truly deserved it!
Everyone says OiaLT is great but I genuinely could never enjoy it. Eternum is great though

1tomadeira

Engaged Member
May 25, 2017

Hate to ruin it all here.

(Though it is a solid song.)
Even if it fits the scene extremely well, at this very day I find myself listening to that song from time to time. It's actually a very well written song. Nothing extremely technical, but everything fits pretty well, with great transitions and shows that simplicty has a great result. Even the pauses show that silence can be a tool when making music.

I wonder what the next update will bring... specially if there's a Penny or Calypso scene... Or both together, a man can dream :whistle:

Ungawa

Apr 16, 2017
Everyone says OiaLT is great but I genuinely could never enjoy it. Eternum is great though
OIALT is rough around the edges, but had the makings of a great one but it's good. It gave Cari limits and focus IMO.

The main things I would criticize is the "magic system", the girl distribution (some get more screen time than others), and the over usage of Stabby Mike as a Deus Ex Machina. Most of this is alleviated GREATLY in Eternum even though it isn't quite gone (looking at Penny, Dalia, and Annie don't have enough screen time or just plain blueballed)

I do want to see how the 8 girl distribution plays out before I comment about it but for the most part I have no big qualms that OIALT was a lesson and Eternum benefitted from it greatly.

Also, if we're putting up songs to listen to...

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

This song just speaks to getting in the mood for what Eternum has to offer. Definitely listen to this one a lot.

RandomGuy99

Nov 11, 2018
OIALT is rough around the edges, but had the makings of a great one but it's good. It gave Cari limits and focus IMO.

The main things I would criticize is the "magic system", the girl distribution (some get more screen time than others), and the over usage of Stabby Mike as a Deus Ex Machina. Most of this is alleviated GREATLY in Eternum even though it isn't quite gone (looking at Penny, Dalia, and Annie don't have enough screen time or just plain blueballed)

I do want to see how the 8 girl distribution plays out before I comment about it but for the most part I have no big qualms that OIALT was a lesson and Eternum benefitted from it greatly.

Also, if we're putting up songs to listen to...

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

This song just speaks to getting in the mood for what Eternum has to offer. Definitely listen to this one a lot.
i would definitely say that any games with too many LIs is hard to manage. I would say the max LIs should be around 4 or 5 (pushing it) - enough variety and not too big so they can enough screen time and character development. Eternum LIs is well written but screen time is split too much around.

That being said, i hate Caribdis for making me liking all the LIs. Dammit i cant choose ! Now i have the dilemma where i dont know who to exclude if given the choice

Last edited:

An known

Sep 16, 2021
i would definitely say that any games with too many LIs is hard to manage. I would max LIs should be around 4 or 5 (pushing it) - enough variety and not too big so they can enough screen time and character development. Eternum LIs is well written but screen time is split too much around.

That being said, i hate Caribdis for making me liking all the LIs. Dammit i cant choose ! Now i have the dilemma where i dont know who to exclude if given the choice
7 + 1 LIs is a lot and every LI is likeable (but Penny is still the best) and well written.

It is hard to choose who'll be your "Favorite" and it's also hard to exclude LIs (unless we're talking about No- ehemmm... No one) and there's no Imaginary and Useless Characters in Eternum so... yeah

Sometimes I am thinking of going Gertrude path like Pitrik...

Where you get NTRed by Mr. Hernandez:KEK::KEK::KEK:

1tomadeira

Engaged Member
May 25, 2017
Most people and the little fella below disagree. But tastes are tastes.

But jokes aside, keep in my Oailt was his first game. You can clearly see the increase in quality the more you play. If you didn't finish it, then I recommend replaying it.

Eternum is different, because besides being HS2 instead HS1, Caribdis is also way more experienced than what he was when he started Oailt. Also to use his words, Oailt was made on a small cheap laptop, while with Eternum he already has a decent workstation.

Last edited:

M0ckingB1rd

Aug 5, 2016
So I don't wanna be that guy, but apparently the custom last name in the gallery replays still isn't working and defaults to "Richards" dispite being labelled correctly in the gallery rpys as far as I know. I tried changing this myself (because I'm bored and I'm almost out of copium) but I can't figure out where the replays are getting the variables from. I know this isn't a big deal and most people won't care, but I think this game deserves to be as flawless as possible.

Reactions: Caribdis

M0ckingB1rd

Aug 5, 2016
"Custom Last Name"??? Sounds like a modded game, buddy. :KEK:
I meant custom last name as in changing it at the beginning where you name your mc, which was added a few updates ago and has been broken for the replays ever since. Sorry for the misunderstanding.

Last edited:

M0ckingB1rd

Aug 5, 2016
Oh. Welp, if it doesn't work (I also wouldn't know 'cause I use the default);

Open the Gallery -> Select the scene you want -> Open the Developer Console and type lastname = u'yourdesiredlastname'.

That should work.
Thank you but I'm aware of that workaround and I'm not too proud of my own ugly ass last name to be so fixated on forcing it.
It was more of a bug report, because I think this isn't intended. I'm not on his discord but I thought he would lurk this forum.

M0ckingB1rd

Aug 5, 2016
Oh it's Leap Day...
I don't know if anyone celebrates it but..
Happy Leap Day!!!
View attachment 3395580
Now I wanted to be Kermit(Frog) :HideThePain:
We could possibly celebrate a progress update or a sneak peak post. I mean it's a Once in a Lifetime two dozen times in a century opportunity. *This post will automatically delete itself if Cari won't post something today*

misfolk

Jan 22, 2021
One clever trick that Cari has done in Eternum was to make the girls a team. This way he can have both 1:1 scenes for the girls that are the stars of the episode and 1:M scenes for the girls that aren't, and he's not narratively limited by the implausibility of the combinations. This makes balancing the screen time between the girls much easier.

4.80 star(s) 930 Votes