aereton

Digital Hedonist Games
Game Developer
Mar 9, 2018
Everyone else seems to have a theory so here's mine:

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
That would blow ass man, sorry but I just don't like it. Trouble in Paradise tried something in that direction and went to shit ever since. Make him disappear for a short while I don't care but pulling a momentary villain is a sure way to piss off 2/3rds of your player base. A power ascension like that also doesn't feel earned since he is the one being saved by his loved ones -> characters shouldn't ever be rewarded for being saved but for doing heroic deeds.

RohanPrince

Feb 26, 2018
I understand where you're coming from, I think this is a symptom of having too many characters, to the point where you can't give all of them enough of a spotlight to make it more natural. If you do give them enough spotlight, the game instead becomes too long and boring. Check "My New Family" for instance. That game ended up with so many characters, each character kind of got the spotlight but that made the game way too long and it still felt unnatural, in my opinion :).

I think this game suffers a bit from the same, but not enough to make it a significant downside.
I did play My New Family, but I think story wise it was nowhere near Eternum anyways, also that game became boring after the whole huge Harem thing started which does happen with many other games because you are just jumping in bed from one to other or multiple girls.

I don't think a game like Eternum or Being a Dik will become boring just because of longer development for characters. I am playing Hillside as well and that is a game which have probably the slowest relationship development, and honestly I just keep waiting for next chapter. If it is done right which I believe Cardibis can do without an issue, I am sure the game won't become boring with proper development between characters.

triffids

Jul 4, 2021
No one else getting this error on the unmodded version?

I'm sorry, but an uncaught exception occurred.

While running game code:
File "renpy/common/00gamemenu.rpy", line 173, in script
$ ui.interact()
File "renpy/common/00gamemenu.rpy", line 173, in <module>
$ ui.interact()
File "renpy/common/00action_file.rpy", line 462, in __call__
renpy.load(fn)
ImportError: No module named revertable

cayseron

Apr 28, 2022
@Cardibis is the best Adult Game Dev for me. The comedy, story and art all are top notch.

But somehow I feel Penelope went from one of my favourites to my least favourite because the interactions seem too pushy/fake with her. The scene cut to after naked MC ran away from the studio to a few days/next day was also a big letdown. We did have a phone chat, but something felt missing. Same with after the Nova scene. Till now Alex had a good followup after doing it and I hoped to see some similar meaningful chat the following day or something. But still, nothing can be perfect for everyone, many people probably might dislike my idea.

Is it only me or was the relationship with Alex seemed the most nicely developed relationship?(Loved that development pace and banter between them)
i think some tropes resonate with public more than others. Relatively speaking each LI has some tropes and big aspects of their personality's are clishe. Alex is just one of those that have so many relatable character tropes or simply put lot of her character hits too close.
Penny is extrovert, lowkey celebrity, "the popular girl"
Daliah is eater, competitive, "the tough girl"
Annie is shy, timid, scaredycat, "the childhood friend"
Nancy is "milf"
Nova is nerd
you get my point.
Alex is the one that have daddy issues, family problems, shows vulnerability while also showing she is strong character by trying to be independent... There is lot to unpack or desire.
Also i love how you said Penelope went from favourite to least favourite because i feel like that fits my point perfectly. When you look for something long term, girls like penelope normally end like that. Great start and quick burnout. Once you get past the rush of getting the popular girl and now have to deal with whats beneath the fame, its not that interesting :p

aereton

Digital Hedonist Games
Game Developer
Mar 9, 2018
idk if i can ask this here but ill ask anyway, are there any other game like this that are made in honey select 2?
I just finished playing Realm Invader and found it quite satisfying. Its humor is a bit more on the nose and out there so that might be a make or break for some. It's early on in its development but has a few hours of reading time already. Might be worth checking out the page here on f95 at the very least.

Reactions: daffalulu091

Yvier the Duck

Dec 25, 2020
Honestly I think it is a bit of a mistake to have all the girls become the same in sex scenes. Like the all want it hard and have him come inside etc.
I think they are different.
Alex tries to control but loves being controlled, Penny loves being submissive, Nova starts submissive but ends dom as fuck and Nancy is just dom.
Annie feels like Penny but less raw, Luna feels like Nancy but less "mommy" and more "dame más papito" and Dalia is the mistery for me, but probably just like Alex or Nova.
When the trios starts is when we'll see the difference between then better, is still early for that.

Screenshot 2024-03-23 at 16-30-37 FINALLY Meme Generator - Imgflip.png

Last edited:

salutzuluk

Aug 22, 2021
Just finished playing 0.7 .

What about chop-chop tho? What could that "sudden change" in his goodbye meant? Nah maybe im just reading too much into it...

Last edited:

Gtdead

Jul 13, 2021
-Re: Orion being Immortal - I'm saying the Eldari and Immortals are possibly one and the same (and the fact that the Eldari being passed on to myth may have made Caly unaware of such fact...that, or her wonky memory due to the box is at play). Or the Eldari is a type of immortal who obtained the Gems of Doom but eventually relinquished it for some reason. Could also be that the gems aren't infinite and that they will eventually break or lose power, so they have to be reforged. Would work well with the cycle angle.
I wouldn't be surprised if Eldari had powers similar to Immortals but I really don't think they have anything to do with the Gems.
Collecting all the Gems should be an extremely rare event, if it even has been done before. A race of people who had obtained the Gems seems way too much of a stretch for me.

-Re: Exit Portals - I was under the impression that Exit Portals only work for players because it's an anchor point between Eternum's worlds and our world and you have to have a body to return to for it to work. Of course an NPC wouldn't be able to use it because they won't have a body to return to since their connection is likely severed. That, or their bodies are already rotting six feet under.
These are my arguments:
1. After stealing the Gem from Garrington, Orion uses Calypso's portal to leave the server. Idriel hijacks the connection to bring Orion to the Nexus, where she invites him to the Rockefeller server, then she says that Orion was redirected after using an Exit portal.
2. William says that Exit Portals are what allow common humans to access the servers.
3. The Founder can offer Orion an amulet that makes him immortal and allows him to re-enter the game through the nearest Exit Portal.

So for all intends and purposes, the Exit Portal is not just a log-off point that returns someone's consciousness to their body. It's actually a portal, quite similar to what Calypso can make, and the fact that she can't use them, potentially means more than just not having a body on the other side. I will explain my theory in the next paragraph.

-Re: Earth and Eternum - Earth isn't the only entry point, it's just one of many. We can't completely rely on William's information because there's stuff that he might not be aware of (like Idriel or Caly's heritage possibly being legit and thus making the tale of Anima possibly being legit). For one, his infodump doesn't take into account the existence of demons like Astaroth (the big bad from Cari's past game, which exists in the same universe as this one), and how they're able to be summoned into our world through mystical means. And it's pretty obvious that Astaroth isn't an NPC by any means, which could only mean that he is a true native of one of the worlds of Eternum (just like Caly possibly is).

Good catch on the Astaroth lore. This helps legitimize my theory without having to assume that another world may be possible to exist. It's been a while since I played OiaL and I never bothered too much with the particulars. This, along with the previous point on portals, make it possible that Sy-Tel-Quessir is another "real" world like Earth.

Pinpointing the reason why Calypso can't use the Exit Portal is deceptively complicated. But at the very least, by considering that:
1. Uncontrolled NPCs don't seem capable of using the Exit Portals. The session with Penny and Luna ended next to an Exit Portal and the NPCs didn't even bother with it.
2. Calypso also can't use the portals, but she also can't teleport to her homeland.
3. Idriel couldn't distinguish between Calypso's portal and an Exit Portal.
4. It's possible that Earth and Sy-Tel-Quessir are both material planes that you can't project to/teleport to without a magical process that goes beyond Ulysses' scope.

I'm assuming that: Calypso is an NPC, a soul taken from the Sy-Tel-Quessir realm, she is special and could retain (most of) her memories despite whatever the Immortals tried to do to her. The reason she can't return to her homeland is the same reason that uncontrolled NPCs native to Earth can't return to it, whatever that reason may be.

So basically, Calypso's circumstances are similar to Thanatos, but she comes from a different realm than Earth.

I generally dislike theories that require the 10 Gems to work, because at this point they become Divine Providence. And then, why would any being who managed to get all the Gems, ever relinquish that control and deny godhood? It doesn't make much sense as this isn't a covenant with a higher entity to give you Power. It's the real deal, at least according to William.

Due to this, I think that it's the first time in the history of the Universe that there has been an attempt to gather all the Gems and it only happened because The Founder managed to turn Eternum into an indrusty. I think that before that, only a handful of Immortals and the souls of the dead ever walked these realms.

Reactions: SkyIce

TheNPC

Jun 20, 2023
I have a more general question, did Chang finally get to enter Eternum in 0.7? Or did Caribdis mentioned if he'll ever get a change to?

Dude is such a bro that I feel bad for him for missing out on this, even with all those shennigans happened in there.

Dorfnutter

Engaged Member
May 21, 2017
-Re: Founder and Exit Portals - Again, the explanation is more on the Founder creating a system that allowed normies to be able to use certain benefits that immortals have to a degree: That being able to come and go in any world that they wish without the issue of dream access being random as fuck and without the inconvenience of being yanked out of Eternum either by body clock or by someone who wishes to wake you up and ask where they left the car keys because they're a dumb roommate-

.../clears throat

Anyway...

Normies have always had access to Eternum even before the nerve implant (see: Andromeda Tapes mentioning the creator of Alien seeing the Xenomorph in his dreams), but they do not have the benefits that Immortals have. The Founder didn't make the idea of getting normies into Eternum, he created the system so that he can reliably count on normies being able to exist in Eternum like pseudo-Immortals, which is what he needs in order to ensure the gem hunt's success.

-Re: NPCs - Again, we cannot be certain if William's info is complete. It's possible that not all souls are from Earth and that some may have originally existed from the various worlds. I also find the idea of the Founder being able to control every soul sus because Thanatos exists and he sure doesn't act like a fucking NPC. Which leads me to theorize that the situation in Eternum may already be in a bad state long before the Founder entered the picture, and it's possible that Thanny may know more about it.

-Re: Orion's plot for next update - We already have a way for that to be resolved without messing the time issue.

/points at Limbo

*This post was brought to you by the Church of Nova.
JOIN US...OR WE'RE GONNA GET YA.

GamerDaddy

Feb 6, 2023
Orion has 100% connectivity but before he logs in for the first time he has the weird dream with that undead chick asking him if he will help then soon after the second dream he developes his ability (my theory is that undead chick was someone close to him when they was alive, and as for his connectivity i believe that due to his connection to that undead chick)

4.80 star(s) 930 Votes