Gtdead

Jul 13, 2021
I noted a long while back that the Gems are eerily similar to the Kabbalah's Sefirot, and that the existence of all ten would bring about the Ein Sof (or God before he was known as God). But if the Kabbalah is to be believed, the Ein Sof's emergence would spell the birth of a new universe. Which is also why I theorized that using the gems could lead to the entire universe being reset, the wielder essentially being the only person who survives it, and thus technically making his existence that of a God.

And recall, William said the gems are the beginning and the end. Maybe that's what he meant about the Founder becoming God? That in order for one to become God of the universe...they would first have to upend the old to give way to the new. To wipe the slate clean. That would mean the end of all existence as we know it in order for a new universe to come about...

So yes, if this happens to be the gems' true function, then it's possible that people have collected them before. Several times. Perhaps more times than we could count. We'll never know because how could we, if the universe keeps getting reset everytime someone completes the set and uses their true power?

...Then again, this is just the ramblings of a madman. Could be that the gems have a different function. We'll see.
Interesting, I will check out the lore. Although I failed to see how it could explain a race of Gem holders.
Perhaps I was too restrictive in my thinking but for this specific situation I think this explanation doesn't work, or I'm seriously misunderstanding something you said. Too much text can do that to the brain.

Well of course it's a portal. Except the entry point from Eternum back to the Real directs you to a designated body that has a matching implant. It's standard astral projection lore, in that projections can only return to their original body after an OOB experience. How the hell is Caly - or any NPC for that matter - able to use it if the exit on the other side leads to a bunch of sleeping bodies? Unless you're implying that Caly can use it in the future but she finds herself in Orion's body?
I'm saying that her Portals and Exit Portals are the indistinguisable. I don't make any assumptions about how the Exit Portal works. I don't assume that it facilitates transportation of the Projection back to the Body. I also don't make assumptions on how Calypso's portals work, she may be able to transport only projections, or she could transport actual objects. In any case, this was mostly a primer for the theory of the next paragraph.

There are multiple ways this artificial Astral Projection could work. For example It doesn't necessary require the user to do it himself.
The implant could be doing the projection for the user, and just feed the information to his brain.

This means that there is no need for an Exit Portal to send a projection back to the body. It only has to persist the data before destroying the projection (it's proven that if you die when projected you return to your body) and if it fails to do so because the projection died, the implant generates a new one, which may explain the 24 hour delay.

If a theory can explain all the phenomena and is based on the script, I'm perfectly fine with it.
So currently I'm thinking that the Exit Portals should be able to be used by Calypso if she wasn't an NPC, at least in some capacity.

Last edited:

osculim

Aug 21, 2019
You can hear him dying...or at the very least that is strongly hinted at in the end.
Read the rest of what I said. I explained exactly why I think its not the case. He may be there but does that matter its permanent or is he gonna pop up somewhere else. Like he would have if he did in a game world. It is clear as day by now the real world is not real either.

Takkatakka

Engaged Member
Nov 11, 2022
Read the rest of what I said. I explained exactly why I think its not the case. He may be there but does that matter its permanent or is he gonna pop up somewhere else. Like he would have if he did in a game world. It is clear as day by now the real world is not real either.
I'm not saying he stays dead, I'm just saying he IS dead at the end of 0.7 and something has to happen to change that or switch him out or something.

Takkatakka

Engaged Member
Nov 11, 2022
Then we are on the same page and were just misunderstanding each other.
I mean...my joke from yesterday about the game being finish not withstanding, I'm indeed convinced the story will go on with Orion as the MC...the question only how he is brought back in 0.8.

Reactions: osculim

Cain Ig

May 22, 2020
I think that there are three possible ways for 0.8 to approach this. The first is in my opinion is the more obvious one. First assume that Orion is not yet dead, that could open the possibility that Calypso comes over to the "real" world and heals Orion. Ok, sounds good, now we have a reason and drive to have Calypso appear in the real world.

The second and third ways are more on the far-fetched side of things in my opinion, and require the assumption that Orion is dead.

The second is that Idriel does some form of groundhog day and reverses time or creates a loop to a new beginning but warning Orion to not become arrogant and complacent in his abilities causing him to maybe be more careful.

My third and most unlikely is that he dies, but becomes an "NPC", specifically in a potential new server (maybe the new racing server, since we know it is not yet available to the public, but is under the control of the founder) and "breaks the chain" to become an "NPC with free will" and has to attempt to escape the server with the help of Calypso since escape portals don't help anymore due to him not being a projection (if he was in the first place) anymore. Or maybe he comes to the "real" world on his own since we have seen him enter Eternum on his own without gear before.

Again these are all theories and my personal thoughts on how the story could approach 0.8 :)

osculim

Aug 21, 2019
I mean...my joke from yesterday about the game being finish not withstanding, I'm indeed convinced the story will go on with Orion as the MC...the question only how he is brought back in 0.8.
What I get from this episode is it was very focused on the 3 girls getting them properly into his little harem so to speak. As for 0.8 I would find it really cool if goes to some afterlife realm or something and have to find his way back. Like you know when folks die and then get resuscitated at the hospital. You sometimes here them talk about seeing thing while they were dead for those few minutes.

Radish Cruton

Nov 14, 2017
I haven't played much of the new version, but don't you think that Annie in the 0.7version looks worse than she used to be? Or is it just my feeling or I didn't play much?
Agreed.

Even in earlier episodes people have pointed out how some characters look different than they have in the past and I agree. Caribdis has said that he doesn’t change the models, just the hair and lighting and things like that, and I believe the guy. That said, yes, some of the characters absolutely look different from episode to episode, and Annie in 0.7 looks different than she did earlier. Maybe there is enough in the lighting and hair and other settings to account for this, I’m no HS2 expert so I can’t say.

mfj

Jun 2, 2019
Why not, I'm jumping on the cliffhanger theorizing 'cause why the hell not?

In short, I don't believe Orion is dead or that he will die. A few reasons for that. #1 is that this would be a pretty shitty story if the MC died halfway through. This isn't Game of Thrones, so the story isn't built to have those kinds of twists. Everything in the story revolves around Orion, and even Nancy says he's "the glue holding everyone together". There's too much going on for the story to just gun him down and leave it at that. That's just me thinking about storytelling logic that I don't think would kill him off.

#2 is there's no real confirmation that he's dead. Idrial says she can't control/foresee what happens in the "real" world, only in Eternum. I think she's just looking at it as death is the most likely outcome, but nothing is set in stone. This is a cliffhanger and is meant to keep us guessing on an exciting turn of events with no immediate outcome. Nothing new there, it happens every update.

I don't think we're going to swap for a "different" Orion, which would gain nothing for the story and loose the investment we built with "this" Orion. I think he's going to survive in an unexpected way. Honestly I think Calypso is going to have a hand in saving him. We know that the worlds in Eternum actually exist in sort of multiverse way, and we know Orion has a special connection with Cali. He's been able to summon her at Warthogs and has been able to access his abilities in the real world. So far just with his reaction time, but that's part of his powers in Eternum. Cali's tried to use exit portals or summon her own portal to the real word in the past but was unable to do so. Orion has also crossed into Eternum on his own appearing in front of Cali. I think that somehow the two are going to be able to connect and pull her over, being the person with the powers needed to heal/save him.

Also as to why I think its very unlikely that Orion dies there, does anyone remember when Luna touched Annie's hand and had a vision? One that made her look between Orion and Annie, the immediately look down at herself and blush? Doesn't take a genius to figure that one out. She at the very least saw those two doing something intimate, but I think it involves all three of them. She wasn't angry or hurt, just surprised looking at herself saying "there's no way that can happen". Can't have something like that is one of them is dead...

AnonW123

Dec 26, 2019
I'm not saying he stays dead, I'm just saying he IS dead at the end of 0.7 and something has to happen to change that or switch him out or something.
Except we don't know that he is dead. He seems dead. He could just be passed out from blood loss or shock or whatever. No one expects him to actually be dead or stay dead. He could end up in a hospital and be treated.

Reactions: Redd23
Dec 29, 2023
Do you know when Orion arrives in kredon, he received a mysterious phone call, I think this mysterious person somehow help him, it's just a guess like others, I know it's a dumb guess but still, nothing have clarified about that person yet.

e6mill

Aug 4, 2022
Do you know when Orion arrives in kredon, he received a mysterious phone call, I think this mysterious person somehow help him, it's just a guess like others, I know it's a dumb guess but still, nothing have clarified about that person yet.
I noticed that the voice on the phone and Billy Bardot both seemed determined to make Calypso an "it"...

Takkatakka

Engaged Member
Nov 11, 2022
Except we don't know that he is dead. He seems dead. He could just be passed out from blood loss or shock or whatever. No one expects him to actually be dead or stay dead. He could end up in a hospital and be treated.
Cari build in an exhale sound effect that definitely sounded like this is supposed to be his last breath. Sure, he could resolve this in 0.8 with a cheap cop out anyway, if he wants to, but that would be really weak.

4.80 star(s) 930 Votes