Dorfnutter

Engaged Member
May 21, 2017
It's been established that the NPC's in eternum once were once real people. This sort of makes Eternum like the afterlife, except it's not a matter of heaven/hell (hence why it explicitly said in the game that Eternum does not equal afterlife), but rather an afterlife in the sense that it's another life beyond the current one on planet Earth.
I feel like the term you're looking for is "higher plane of existence" or "spiritual plane" more so than "afterlife." Lore already states that dreamers get a glimpse of Eternum every once in a while (see: Andromeda tapes and William's lore dump), so "afterlife" is not necessarily accurate.

So it'd be kinda insane if our MC got "locked in" Eternum...like he's dead/in a coma in the real world, but gets healed and now soley exists in Eternum (like it's implied with Thanatos)
Considering all of the stuff teased for 0.8 (i.e. 2nd hop on the New World, December Ski Trip, Dalia's Birthday) I find it unlikely that Orion is going to stay dead for long. My money's still on a stay in Limbo where Idriel has stated that time doesn't exist, which would allow him to go through a character development phase without having to worry about how much time has passed since Eternum's time seems to flow just as normal as it is in the real world (whereas Limbo is implied to be a realm detached from both). Then from there he could either get picked up by Caly or he revives through sheer libidoImean willpower.

Dorfnutter

Engaged Member
May 21, 2017
More like 'alternate realities'.
I mean, we're talking about a realm where the living dead exist (and are either chained or walking around), where astral projections and dreamers (and druggies (see: OIAL event where MC got high and unwittingly found himself in a pocket plane in Eternum)) come and go, and where the experience is more real than real life (which is sometimes used to describe a dream). I'd argue that "higher plane of existence" is indeed more accurate.

Dorfnutter

Engaged Member
May 21, 2017
It's not necessarily 'higher'. Just one with different rules.
Lore states that we literally go there as astral projections though, which by most accounts (i.e. occult texts), is akin or linked to spirit travel or travel through the astral plane. And the astral plane is a higher plane of existence compared to the material plane (which is likely where the "real world" is situated), although in some stories there are things in the higher planes that find themselves in the lower (even OIAL explores this via Astaroth).

Sleeping In Pieces

Mar 16, 2019
Lore states that we literally go there as astral projections though, which by most accounts (i.e. occult texts), is akin or linked to spirit travel or travel through the astral plane.
The characters go there as astral projections. That's not the same as saying they are going to the astral plane. The occult believe you can use astral projection to travel this plane of existence.
The places they go to are clearly still physical realms following physical rules, albeit with a few more on top (like magic) or a rule altered here or there.

Dorfnutter

Engaged Member
May 21, 2017
The characters go there as astral projections. That's not the same as saying they are going to the astral plane. The occult believe you can use astral projection to travel this plane of existence.
The places they go to are clearly still physical realms following physical rules, albeit with a few more on top (like magic) or a rule altered here or there.
Then explain how can the dead manifest themselves in said places when in the "real world" they couldn't*?

*And before you cite the phone call at the beginning of the game as a example of the dead manifesting in the real world, one of the theories there is that Orion experienced a partial bleeding effect similar to the one he experienced during the college shrooms trip that made him think there was a phone call when in actuality there wasn't.

Sleeping In Pieces

Mar 16, 2019
Then explain how can the dead manifest themselves in said places when in the "real world" they couldn't*?
I already did. Slightly different rules.
Besides, the dead players aren't any more there as they were when they were alive. Something about the implant allows their astral projections to be repurposed even when they're supposed to be dead. Or possibly the equivalent scenario is having the astral cord cut, which can result in an astral projection being unable to return to its body and trapped/lost wherever it was.

Elhemeer

Forum Fanatic
Jun 20, 2022
I'd argue that not every hot girl that exists in the game is likely to have a sex scene though. Nor do they need to.

/side-eyes Regina
You're not wrong, but since our erstwhile fairy has had a couple appearances -- with Chop Chop no less -- I won't be surprised if something happens. I'm not actually expecting it, I just won't be surprised.

Dorfnutter

Engaged Member
May 21, 2017
I already did. Slightly different rules.
Besides, the dead players aren't any more there as they were when they were alive. Something about the implant allows their astral projections to be repurposed even when they're supposed to be dead. Or possibly the equivalent scenario is having the astral cord cut, which can result in an astral projection being unable to return to its body and trapped/lost wherever it was.
Not every NPC is a dead/excommunicated player though, going by what William said regarding them being "drawn from the pages of history" (which is corroborated with what we learn from the monstrous denizens of Ekabar, like the case of one of the vampires remembering Romania despite supposedly living for hundreds of years in Ekabar).
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

Last edited:

Leinad_Sevla

Jun 30, 2023
she appears the first time you login to Eternum but you only meet her if you go the brothel instead of waiting for Ainne and one more time at the cowboy server
Oh, that. I didn´t wait for Annie but I think I didn´t go to the brothel either. I just got to the cowboy server part, with Dalia, Calypso and Alex. Maybe I´ll see her now.

Leinad_Sevla

Jun 30, 2023
Dude, are you playing eternum while wearing blindfolds or something? She's the first character in eternum with fucking scene,wait! Why am I even explaining to you? Then again you'll read my reply with blindfold on. RIGHT?!
I only have eyes for Alex, Nova and Nancy, everything else is a blur to me.

Being serious for a moment, I´ve been told she´s in the brothel if you choose to go there when you first log in to Eternum, and I didn´t went to the brothel. So I didn´t meet her and didn´t get the scene.
Okay, serious moment over, I´m putting my blindfold back on now. Take care.

sexypeanut

Jun 30, 2020
Considering all of the stuff teased for 0.8 (i.e. 2nd hop on the New World, December Ski Trip, Dalia's Birthday) I find it unlikely that Orion is going to stay dead for long. My money's still on a stay in Limbo where Idriel has stated that time doesn't exist, which would allow him to go through a character development phase without having to worry about how much time has passed since Eternum's time seems to flow just as normal as it is in the real world (whereas Limbo is implied to be a realm detached from both). Then from there he could either get picked up by Caly or he revives through sheer libidoImean willpower.
I'm going with that one, too. It would also create space for Calypso's blowie scene!

Dylan741

Forum Fanatic
Nov 18, 2019
Oh, just play it as soon as you can. :KEK:
I will mate, it will take me some time to finish, since I tire easily, but I will. ^_^
View attachment 3558918
but maybe I'm just joking or maybe I'm serious. Play it and find out :Kappa: :ROFLMAO:
Yes Sir!!! O7
HUG.gif
This is Amazing!!!
Thank you mate!!
LOVELOVE.gif
Don't be afraid - the story progresses beautifully, love is shared IRL with three wonderful women, some old things resolve, some new thing are introduced, and there's no Gertrude. The worst thing that happens is that you encounter...
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
Oh my the super duo is back!!! :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO:
Aw man, it's been a minute but great to have you back lad. Congrats on the surgery too!!
Thank you mate, it's good to be back I missed all of you.
HEART.jpeg

Tyson Mikel

Sep 16, 2023
Oh, that. I didn´t wait for Annie but I think I didn´t go to the brothel either. I just got to the cowboy server part, with Dalia, Calypso and Alex. Maybe I´ll see her now.
I don't understand anything at all, either you can wait for annie or go to brothel, I don't know what are you talking about!?

Krytax123

Dec 29, 2022
Love eternum but the harem setup just sucks (similar to oial), the whole fucking around would be way more fun with proper communication.

At least Nancy (and i guess now Luna?) are on board already. But i always wish there would be an earlier harem setup in these kind of avns which would make it feel way less sleazy.

Reactions: qaywsx
4.80 star(s) 931 Votes