spiegelbild

Dec 16, 2019
Another thing that came to mind looking a those renders:
It shows MC using using a purple power. When he went to Warthogs and summoned Calipso, the "portal" looked pretty similar, he didn't use the summoning incantation and Melton even mocked him saying "What the hell is that purple shit on the floor". Maybe, he will wield the power to open portals from the real world to Eternum and viceversa, and that's going to be the way for Calipso to join them (#CalipsoLivingWithAlex confirmed :p). Although, I'm not a big fan of using "looking similar" as an argument of anything (even in the most far-fetched theories) because I've done fan art for other games and I understood quite a while ago that assets are limited and a lot of times devs simply recycle and reuse them without any hidden conexions, but... Cari did say that everything in Eternum has a purpose, who knows ‍♂
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

StormCGS

Apr 7, 2024
Dude you gotta go back to school learn arithmetics.

Last update's been released in march 21. I.e. it's been 120 days now, with 44% reportedly done, or 11%/month. So if dev progress still follows this speed (and we all know the last 10% always last a lot more), update will come at the very earliest by Jan 2025.
bruv, my predictions are looking for the update to be finished by november 2024, if the pacing keeps going just fine

bolenart

Jun 17, 2017
Dude you gotta go back to school learn arithmetics.

Last update's been released in march 21. I.e. it's been 120 days now, with 44% reportedly done, or 11%/month. So if dev progress still follows this speed (and we all know the last 10% always last a lot more), update will come at the very earliest by Jan 2025.
If you wanna extrapolate you gotta look at the numbers more carefully. After every release there's been period before the percentages start moving. It only really starts around the public release, whether that's because Cari is taking a break or because he's doing preparatory work (sketching on future plot points, commissioning artwork) before really starting working on the next update.

He started working on this update mid-april and it's been pretty consistently 0.5% per day. We should be right around 50% done now, meaning it's around 100 days until the next release (probably plus/minus 20 days because I doubt the percentages are that accurate). This does indeed put the next update at late october/early november.

sembolan

Jan 21, 2021
If you wanna extrapolate you gotta look at the numbers more carefully. After every release there's been period before the percentages start moving. It only really starts around the public release, whether that's because Cari is taking a break or because he's doing preparatory work (sketching on future plot points, commissioning artwork) before really starting working on the next update.

He started working on this update mid-april and it's been pretty consistently 0.5% per day. We should be right around 50% done now, meaning it's around 100 days until the next release (probably plus/minus 20 days because I doubt the percentages are that accurate). This does indeed put the next update at late october/early november.
I imagine this guy saying this in a fake british Sherlock Holmes voice

• Haha
Reactions: TamreeFugar
Feb 21, 2023
Except this is not an actual *game*
I am aware of that debate. I know I only specified the difference in scale and team size, there are many more of course. I kept it that short because I didn't want to needlessly bloat the post with every single difference there is between the two media.
In short I still do think that there is some comparability even with all the differences there are.

Both are in the end forms of media with a tendency of taking longer (up to several years) to create. And quality takes time. Hence my judgement concerning Eternum in that post. You can disagree of course, but that is what I think about this.

Leinad_Sevla

Jun 30, 2023
It's also specifically been stated that the harem will form much earlier than in OIALT in order to show more development (and group sex). ;)
Oh no, please don´t tease me with a good time eheh. Can´t wait for that.
As for the Luna threesome, I also assume it´s something much later in the story.

Lunasmeow

Jul 22, 2017
Are people seriously arguing Calypso is not racist?

Come on, folks, there's a reason "fantastic racism" is such a prevalent trope in fantasy works, to the point that it can be found in Lord of the Rings, the foundation of the modern version of the genre (hell, it created "fantasy" as a marketing category). Asimov used this storytelling technique in sci-fi, too; hell, we could even argue Aesop himself includes this in some of his stories.

So yes, she's racist. Not in a way that can be replicated in reality, but a racist nonetheless. That doesn't mean she can't grow out of it (and given the way this game is written, I'd say that is essentially a given), that people are trying to "cancel" her or that those who like her need to be shamed. Trying to defend her by saying the she's just arrogant feels incredibly disingenuous, though.
Unless you think and practice a life where ants have the same rights humans do, you can say that all day, but it's frankly bullshit.

"Race" is not even the proper concept here. "Race" as we use it, is for beings of the same species. She's not even human.

Her looking at us and saying "yeah, my race is more capable than yours" is no different than us looking at a dog and going "yeah, sorry, you can't be a doctor". It is NOT what racism is - which is really just people using cultural differences to try and claim things map to the entire race as a whole, despite NUMEROUS evidence that people raised in a culture not of their "race" act like the culture, wheteher it's good or bad. Because racism is just that - cultural superiority, being mapped to skin tone.

Different species have different capabilities. You only see her as racist for it, because you don't like that hers is, factually, more capable than ours. She's not saying we can't exist, trying to exterminate us, or going around saying "I can't be in the same room as those people" or anything else racist people do. I've been around racists who thought themselves better than me because I was black. I know how they act. She's not doing anything like what they do. She is merely arrogant, and frankly, if the MC was anything other than the MC, she'd be right.

Humans can't do what her race can. She's simply stating facts. Her marrying a human would be like us marrying an ape. Sure apes have intelligence. We can teach them sign language and have full, logical, reasonable communications. We know this to be true. But they're still not on our level. That's just truth. You people are just unable to handle any situation where you might not be "on top".

Last edited:

Lunasmeow

Jul 22, 2017
Her characterization is consistent with the "racist" elf trope though (i.e. sees other races as "inferior," believe that interracial relations are "forbidden," sees protagonist/s as "unique" or an "oddity" that make/s them stand out from their kind which elf continues to see as inferior). Granted, it's nowhere near close to actual racism, but the trope does exist, and this game's story is essentially a landfill of tropes (not that there's anything wrong with that). :whistle:
Agreed. But "racist" and racist are clearly different things, is my point is all. People overreact over nonsense. Notice how nobody had a thing to say about the game I linked where the black people are literally the result of white people who got raped by orcs?

Performative lunatics, every single one. A bunch of bullshitters. And I don't sit back and let those types talk their shit without calling it out.

Elves better than humans? "RACIST!" they cry with abandon. Black people come from orcs? And you've linked the actual game so we can go ahead and protest it if we care about racism? Suddenly it's all crickets. Funny how that works.

Frankly, I wouldn't be surprised if most of them were white, and mad at being "inferior" which is why they had no problem with a game where blacks come from orcs, but do have a problem with elves being superior to humans. Because the typical "fake diversity anti-racism" people, tend to be the racists themselves. And sadly, they make the decent white folks look bad with their performative bullshit. Too often those who accuse are projecting.

And the reason I say that? Is because ANY black person who'd read what I said, would have IMMEDIATELY been like "Wait, what the FUCK did you just say they have?" They might decide to ask me where and when in the game it happened, and go check for themselves to verify, but most likely not, just because claims like that don't usually get made without them being true - at least not when you say it is literally like that in the game and not an "allusion" like people try to do when they just want to virtue signal.

Last edited:
Reactions: LaterGater

New Kid

Apr 2, 2018
Even though you said it like a joke, there are dreams/flashes that MC experiences a few times that might align with this. There's a morgue with a weird blood? simbol there. I mean, he awoke his power dying (almost?) in Eternum, maybe now he becomes more powerful with powers in the real world, or he revives and gain the power to go to Eternum without the gear, I'm talking out of my ass of course, but when you said that it instanly came to mind these renders. o_O
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
Thanks for posting those, they are a pretty much the core of the theory that this current playthrough of ours isn't his first rodeo, along with the fact that some NPCs behave really oddly around him, one that stood out to me was a beggar in the roman server IIRC that hesitates before calling you out on "not doing what the others did" if you refuse to spare him some change... Idriel and those syndicate people are blatant about it too, there's no denying that there's some looping search for an ideal ending at play here.

Aug 18, 2019
i've never really paid much attention to this game, but it's one of the most hype on the entire website and i'm not sure why, - - - at face value it has some good renders, but there are literally 1000s of games now that have good renders - - - anyone simplify to me why this game is such a big deal? it doesn't seem special to me at first glance

MAGO-DAG

Engaged Member
Sep 1, 2023
i've never really paid much attention to this game, but it's one of the most hype on the entire website and i'm not sure why, - - - at face value it has some good renders, but there are literally 1000s of games now that have good renders - - - anyone simplify to me why this game is such a big deal? it doesn't seem special to me at first glance
Eternum is good because, in addition to H-scenes, it also has plots and high-quality fantasy!

I don't know what games you like. but when playing this game, you will notice that the quality and renderings are improving with each episode. If you like something in the style of Sci-fi, comedy, horror and plot, then I advise you to try it. I also advise you to look at his first game, which is also top like Eternum.
But this unusual game where Mc finds himself in a virtual world, where over time he begins to understand that this is not just a virtual world, and you are immersed in many servers, and in addition to these virtual things, there are also girls who will interact with Mc... This is an adventure both in the virtual world and in real world.

just download and find out why this game is good, if you don’t like it, then alas, we can’t help you. To each his own :coffee: :whistle:

Last edited:
Aug 18, 2019
Eternum is good because, in addition to H-scenes, it also has plots and high-quality fantasy!

I don't know what games you like. but when playing this game, you will notice that the quality and renderings are improving with each episode. If you like something in the style of Sci-fi, comedy, horror and plot, then I advise you to try it. I also advise you to look at his first game, which is also top like Eternum.
But this unusual game where Mc finds himself in a virtual world, where over time he begins to understand that this is not just a virtual world, and you are immersed in many servers, and in addition to these virtual things, there are also girls who will interact with Mc... This is an adventure both in the virtual world and in real world.

just download and find out why this game is good, if you don’t like it, then alas, we can’t help you. To each his own :coffee: :whistle:
kind of gives me a little bit of Sword Art Online vibes, i've been around this site for nearly 10 years, and i got burnt out a while ago, i've just recently come back to see what games have been completed (and oh god, which ones haven't been or abandoned) and this one is just everywhere, nearing BADIK levels of hype

I'll have to give it a try when i've got more spare time, thanks for the quickie-review

EDIT : this is not my 1st account, i realize my current tag is 2019 (which isn't too bad either)

Reactions: MAGO-DAG

gunnnn12345

Sep 19, 2017
So have been putting off playing this for a while, because I knew I was most likely going to love it based on the developers earlier game, and I wanted there to be a good amount of content before I started playing. Just got to the Heist planning.

And something I really appreciate and think works really well is how dynamic the pictures are. And not just by having some minor animation here and there. But stuff like Alex and Nova taking turns nodding, or how the transition during the Heist recruitment is people getting swooshed into the conversation. It really adds a lot of life to the whole thing. It also helps that this is perhaps one of the few H-Games I actually play with sound on, because it does really enhance the whole thing. It´s just an overall really solid experience so far.

Also, Chang truly is the spice in this game. He is there in just the right amount, so far, to really enhance the humor of the game.

StormCGS

Apr 7, 2024
kind of gives me a little bit of Sword Art Online vibes, i've been around this site for nearly 10 years, and i got burnt out a while ago, i've just recently come back to see what games have been completed (and oh god, which ones haven't been or abandoned) and this one is just everywhere, nearing BADIK levels of hype

I'll have to give it a try when i've got more spare time, thanks for the quickie-review

EDIT : this is not my 1st account, i realize my current tag is 2019 (which isn't too bad either)
Eternum is like Sword Art Online but if it was good and less perverted

4.80 star(s) 934 Votes