sexypeanut

Jun 30, 2020
i've never really paid much attention to this game, but it's one of the most hype on the entire website and i'm not sure why, - - - at face value it has some good renders, but there are literally 1000s of games now that have good renders - - - anyone simplify to me why this game is such a big deal? it doesn't seem special to me at first glance
Just play the game, man!
You won't regret it ;)

Reactions: Leo-67

ankushrai

Jun 21, 2022
Can somebody explain this benefit from "Eternumite" Patreon tier?

* 4K renders of any image in the game

Does it mean ALL images in the game will be 4K or only a single image that I requested?
It would be great to play the whole game in 4K

Dorfnutter

Engaged Member
May 21, 2017
Can somebody explain this benefit from "Eternumite" Patreon tier?

* 4K renders of any image in the game

Does it mean ALL images in the game will be 4K or only a single image that I requested?
It would be great to play the whole game in 4K
Likely just single image on request. His past comments on the matter make it pretty clear that while it will look cool, the file size of the game will be a nightmare.

Screenshot_20240725_201601_Discord.jpg Screenshot_20240725_201454_Discord.jpg

Reactions: Salviocass99

Takkatakka

Engaged Member
Nov 11, 2022
Likely just single image on request. His past comments on the matter make it pretty clear that while it will look cool, the file size of the game will be a nightmare.

View attachment 3865739 View attachment 3865740
BRING IT! LETS SEE IF HE CAN TOP THAT! :KappaPride:

MSFS.png

i've never really paid much attention to this game, but it's one of the most hype on the entire website and i'm not sure why, - - - at face value it has some good renders, but there are literally 1000s of games now that have good renders - - - anyone simplify to me why this game is such a big deal? it doesn't seem special to me at first glance
Well, it actually has an interesting story and very likeable characters and it is quite funny, if the humor hits is down your alley at least. This just isn't much of a FAP game and only now reaches the point at which the MC and all the LIs start to get close enough to each other, but the scenes that are already in the game, are - for the most part - very well done.

But it also has some downsides. It has a very clear intended "canon route" to play it and with it basically only a right choice and a wrong one in most instances. It overall is pretty linear for the most part. There are a few open-roam scenes sprinkled in here and there, but that's about it. So yeah...as any game it isn't for anyone but obviously a lot of people like it.

Last edited:

jefi2000

Apr 23, 2020

View attachment 3865739 View attachment 3865740
I have a combined total of 8TB NVMe & SSD and a 1GBs line and this isn't even in a particularly wealthy part of the country, these sort of numbers are pretty standard now. I'm pretty sure most folks now could handle a 300GB special 4K edition version, though it would probably take a two months and 3 dead GPUs to render... which I would be ok with.

Last edited:

Takkatakka

Engaged Member
Nov 11, 2022
I have a combined total of 8GB NVMe & SSD and a 1GBs line and this isn't even in a particularly wealthy part of the country, these sort of numbers are pretty standard now. I'm pretty sure most folks now could handle a 300GB special 4K edition version, though it would probably take a two months and 3 dead GPUs to render... which I would be ok with.

You mean 8TB, I take it? :Kappa:

I honestly don't know, if he doesn't render in a higher resolution anyway and then compresses everything down. :unsure:

It would be an overall nice option to have a 4k version of the game, but honestly...downloading it wouldn't be a problem for me per se either, but where would you even host that in such a way that you actually CAN download 300GB with a decent speed? You can't buy it on Steam. :HideThePain:

Feb 21, 2023
It would be an overall nice option to have a 4k version of the game, but honestly...downloading it wouldn't be a problem for me per se either, but where would you even host that in such a way that you actually CAN download 300GB with a decent speed? You can't buy it on Steam. :HideThePain:
I think that in the endless torrent of data that a 4K version of finished Eternum would turn out to be, we would find a solution :BootyTime:
Like, I am totally convinced we would manage to coordinate that. The power of boners is just too strong.

Ellyx

GFX Designer
Apr 9, 2022
I honestly don't know, if he doesn't render in a higher resolution anyways and then compresses everything down. :unsure:

Maybe at some point the image format will change from JPG to Webp to reduce the size :unsure:.

• Thinking Face
Reactions: Takkatakka

Takkatakka

Engaged Member
Nov 11, 2022
I think that in the endless torrent of data that a 4K version of finished Eternum would turn out to be, we would find a solution :BootyTime:
Like, I am totally convinced we would manage to coordinate that. The power of boners is just too strong.
Torrent only really works well if you have enough sources. So...maybe at some point...but shortly after release it would be a total slog...by then I would've probably just downloaded the normal version and finished it already. :KEK:

Maybe at some point the image format will change from JPG to Webp to reduce the size :unsure:.
I mean...that MIGHT cut it down from something like 300 GB to 200 for the whole game?! Not sure that would be enough...

So yeah, Eternum 4k will likely stay a pipe dream. :HideThePain:

Jaga Telesin

Incestuous Harem Owner
Donor
Apr 19, 2023
You mean 8TB, I take it? :Kappa:

I honestly don't know, if he doesn't render in a higher resolution anyway and then compresses everything down. :unsure:

Privately hosted server space. Runs around $130/year where I live, and that's not even the cheapest part of the world for hosting. Most of them have unlimited transfers on their servers if they're a shared (virtual) version.

So for ~$11/month (which basically any AVN dev can afford), you could put it up yourself. Just have to make sure the host allows adult content.

Nullbot

Aug 27, 2018
Your entire post suggests you're not familiar with the concept of "fantastic racism", which I addressed in what I wrote. Have you ever read any fantasy works (or, well, my post itself)?

I'll go ahead and link the corresponding TvTropes page, since it is a good resource that discusses this in a casual manner: . Once again, this kind of thing has been used in fantasy works since long before you were born (Tolkien himself uses this storytelling tool). I'm not saying anything new.

Also, your aggressive tone also makes me think you feel called out or something. As I stated in my post, no one is doing that. Don't worry, no one will judge you for liking Calypso (I do like her myself). Maybe you feel this way because a lot of mainstream publications have been addressing this particular topic recently, almost always referring to it as an outdated, problematic trope that needs to be retired (even The Guardian has talked about fantasy racism), but I don't think anyone on F95 is interested in litigating this, especially when it comes to a game like Eternum, where her "fantastic racism" is just meant to be a character flaw that she will most likely shed eventually.

Last edited:
4.80 star(s) 934 Votes