Dorfnutter

Engaged Member
May 21, 2017
Re: 4K version

Based on what I've just read on Discord, someone from the Eternumite tier can request for 4K renders of any still image in the game. However, said someone mentioned that Cari limits those to 2 images per month, which sounds weird if he has those uncompressed images somewhere and he simply just has to send those upon request.

Unless (and this is just guesswork on my part), in order to save drive space, he no longer has those uncompressed images but he still has the scene data saved so he can go back to it and rerender an image if needed/upon request. If so, then it's also likely that he doesn't have the uncompressed videos for the animated lewds, meaning if he wants those 4k videos then he'll have to either upscale the existing videos or rerender them again if he has the scene data.

Assuming what I've said above is true, then I can see it being another reason why he doesn't want to bother with doing a 4K version of the game, especially when doing so would prevent him from working on new stuff (like, say, his 3rd game).

Dorfnutter

Engaged Member
May 21, 2017
Thanks, I think that's the exact post I remembered. I just wasn't sure where I'd seen it.
It's on Itch.io. He also mentioned it on Discord (and also the fact that he's planning to use HS2 again for the renders).

While Cari is focused on Eternum, there should be no plans for other games (which is a good idea) in order to fully express himself to complete the story of Eternum.
We'll see what happens next, although I am sure that he still has plans for the future. but for now we'll continue to enjoy Eternum.
:WaitWhat: :WaitWhat: :WaitWhat:

Check post above you, man. He does have plans for a 3rd game (and IIRC he's developing the story/writing down notes or ideas for it during his spare time).

4.80 star(s) 934 Votes