StormCGS

Apr 7, 2024
No, I'm not trolling. "Fight me" (or 'fite' me) is a joke response to a disagreement on an internet forum. And that should have been really obvious, because how would we even fight, if we wanted to, two complete strangers on an internet forum?

As for Calypso's attitude having been explained, explaining it doesn't make her any more interesting. A one-shot side character we'll probably never see again is a better character, because she raised an interesting question about the moral implications of experimenting with the darker side of the human psyche in a controlled setting with no permanent consequences. (Because everyone thinks it's just a video game.) And her scene was hotter too.
I feel like fighting for bossy girl's affection more lol

slackster

Feb 1, 2017
Crazy/ Jetlagged & possibly 3 too many single malts theory time :

Episode 1 when Orion was in the bathtub hiding after cleaning whrnn Dalia came in?

Remember when he willed himself to disappear and it failed?

What if it didn't?

Recall sound when he closes his eyes and wills his disappearance?

Where else has that sound been used.....

Edit: Oh and in ch1 the price of the implant changes from $3500 to $2500 in the competition- someone may want to mention that so it gets fixed

Last edited:

Dorfnutter

Engaged Member
May 21, 2017
Crazy/ Jetlagged & possibly 3 too many single malts theory time :

Episode 1 when Orion was in the bathtub hiding after cleaning whrnn Dalia came in?

Remember when he willed himself to disappear and it failed?

What if it didn't?

Recall sound when he closes his eyes and wills his disappearance?

Where else has that sound been used.....
...It's just a standard suspense sfx tho. Was used when Orion got shocked from seeing the first gem of doom as the prize for the Flink mystery and when Luna saw an illusion of her mom AND after Orion held her hand to snap her out of her shock (though I suppose the sudden handholding was in itself a form of shock to her system). :whistle:

Dorfnutter

Engaged Member
May 21, 2017
Final ramblings for tonight:

I found this line particularly interesting on replay :

View attachment 3879059
I mean, she basically oversees access to pretty much every server out there, so...given what we know so far maybe by "shut down" she means "I'm gonna block every player from accessing this world because Founder/Ulysses said so so tough luck...

...unless you have a hacker girlfriend that you've been railing to kingdom come who knows her shit then maybe I can, I don't know, look the other way while she "miraculously" gains access to the server you want to go to, if you catch my drift. :Kappa:"

• Haha
Reactions: TamreeFugar

slackster

Feb 1, 2017
I mean, she basically oversees access to pretty much every server out there, so...given what we know so far maybe by "shut down" she means "I'm gonna block every player from accessing this world because Founder/Ulysses said so so tough luck...

...unless you have a hacker girlfriend that you've been railing to kingdom come who knows her shit then maybe I can, I don't know, look the other way while she "miraculously" gains access to the server you want to go to, if you catch my drift. :Kappa:"
I was thinking more She is responsible for all the funky shit happening on the servers like the alien invasion , allow access to Calypso's server etc

Takkatakka

Engaged Member
Nov 11, 2022
I was thinking more She is responsible for all the funky shit happening on the servers like the alien invasion etc
Could be, but I doubt it. The basic theme seems to be that the whole Eternum system is deteriorating more and more and starts to become unstable with whole worlds becoming uninhabitable.

• Thinking Face
Reactions: Dorfnutter

Dorfnutter

Engaged Member
May 21, 2017
I was thinking more She is responsible for all the funky shit happening on the servers like the alien invasion , allow access to Calypso's server etc
Could be. Could be that it's simply a natural response of the worlds themselves trying to deal with the intrusion of that many anomalous entities (that being the "players") when it probably didn't have to deal with that many before (if we go by William's infodump that those who visit Eternum via dreams seem to be doing it randomly instead of doing it on a consistent basis like Immortals can).

slackster

Feb 1, 2017
Could be. Could be that it's simply a natural response of the worlds themselves trying to deal with the intrusion of that many anomalous entities (that being the "players") when it probably didn't have to deal with that many before (if we go by William's infodump that those who visit Eternum via dreams seem to be doing it randomly instead of doing it on a consistent basis like Immortals can).
Nah thinking too much into it - Chekov's gun and all that. Love stuff hidden in plain sight, has a nice symmetry to it

Edit: I wonder if she modified Orion to be 100% compatible for a nice twist ( prob not but fun to think about)

Last edited:

quorkboy

Sep 26, 2020
I would trade Calypso for Eva in a heartbeat. (no need to fight, all the Calypso lovers can still choose her no matter what I do)

On the topic of princesses...

Not all princesses are bad, not all are good. Their being a princess is irrelevant in either case. Princess is a title, not a personality.

The continued discussion has reminded me of something important about Calypso's bathroom scene where, if you choose it (I did to see what happens, then reloaded to get back to my preferred path) she makes Orion cum. It isn't even slightly erotic to me. Now to be fair, neither was Maat's scene (post-Nova section, which was massively erotic). Both are shallow lust. Contrast with the scenes for all the others, including Eva, where the sex is more than just sex. And don't get me wrong here, there's nothing wrong with sex that is just sex, it can be exciting and fulfilling and it has its place in the world and people should enjoy it if they want to. I'm only explaining why to me the others are all more exciting when you're in a story which has a heavy focus on relationships. So while I really enjoyed Maat's scene, I took it for what it was. And if I'd thought that I could play Calypso's scene the same way, and not have it be the first steps of a relationship with her (which it is implied is eventually where that would be going) I'd maybe not have skipped it.

Dorfnutter

Engaged Member
May 21, 2017
Nah thinking too much into it - Chekov's gun and all that. Love stuff hidden in plain sight, has a nice symmetry to it
I mean if the entire point is to guide Orion into getting those gems to help free the dead instead of giving them to the Founder...wouldn't her breaking the entire system before he could get those gems be a hindrance to that goal?

quorkboy

Sep 26, 2020
Final ramblings for tonight:

I found this line particularly interesting on replay :

View attachment 3879059
Could be, but I doubt it. The basic theme seems to be that the whole Eternum system is deteriorating more and more and starts to become unstable with whole worlds becoming uninhabitable.
I think the weird stuff happening is not Idriel's doing. Something is destabilising Eternum. I don't see what she would have to gain from this. If anyone is deliberately doing these things it's more likely to be William. Or The Founder. We don't know what he's up to. But it could easily be that the system is destabilising on its own.

I think it's possible that she has been influencing some things. Orion surviving Thanatos, his abilities turning on when he didn't know what he was doing, that kind of thing. I know, his 100% compatibility is the supposed source of that. But could his 100% compatibility be Idriel manipulating the variables?

slackster

Feb 1, 2017
Idrtiel wants to "break the chains" and she's using whatever is in her power ( ie the abilities she mentioned in my screen grab) to bypass any constraints put upon her by using Orion as her cats paw - my current musings

Dorfnutter

Engaged Member
May 21, 2017
But it could easily be that the system is destabilising on its own.
Screenshot_20240729_205905_Ren'Py 771 Plugin for JoiPlay.jpg

Could also be why she's pissed at Orion to begin with for biting the bullet, since she probably knows that the system is starting to collapse/become hostile to the players and she can't stop it, and that what happened to Orion might have some unintended future consequences that could jeopardize the whole operation (even IF he survives/revives from his current predicament).

Idrtiel wants to "break the chains" and she's using whatever is in her power ( ie the abilities she mentioned in my screen grab) to bypass any constraints put upon her by using Orion as her cats paw - my current musings
...By making the system become increasingly hostile to players? Orion and the girls included? How does that help them given that we still have 2 gems basically unaccounted for and the servers are starting to go haywire? Wouldn't that make the hunt for the gems a lot more difficult for everyone involved (even with the Syndicate's help)?

Last edited:

slackster

Feb 1, 2017
View attachment 3879146

Could also be why she's pissed at Orion to begin with for biting the bullet, since she probably knows that the system is starting to collapse/become hostile to the players and she can't stop it, and that what happened to Orion might have some unintended future consequences that could jeopardize the whole operation (even IF he survives/revives from his current predicament).

...By making the system become increasingly hostile to players? Orion and the girls included? How does that help them given that we still have 2 gems basically unaccounted for and the servers are starting to go haywire? Wouldn't that make the hunt for the gems a lot more difficult for everyone involved (even with the Syndicate's help)?
Heads Heads Heads Heads

Oh whats the right choice?

Nothing else has worked, time to go for broke.

It's written plainly , all the pieces are there to put together as a good written mystery should be. Its not too much of a stretch and I bet im right or close to it.

Edit: Who's to say Idriel herself didn't set up the cliffhanger in the last episode to gives things a shove in the right direction?

KanyeT

Mar 15, 2020
Maybe by crashing the "game" Eternum, the Founders have no reason to keep her and the rest of the NPCs prisoner, so they release them?

4.80 star(s) 937 Votes