Dorfnutter

Engaged Member
May 21, 2017
Maybe by crashing the "game" Eternum, the Founders have no reason to keep her and the rest of the NPCs prisoner, so they release them?
Except she explicitly mentions this update to Orion to gather those gems in order to help them, and the "game" helps facilitate that. If anything, the "game" crashing down at this point with the gem hunt unfinished and Acheron remaining closed would be bad news for the dead trapped in Eternum as it'll set back the collection/retrieval of those gems and will keep them trapped there forever.

So no, they would want Orion to finish the gem hunt and break their chains BEFORE things go to shit, otherwise it's over. THAT'S why I find the idea of Idriel being the catalyst for the system falling apart to be a tad problematic.

Feb 21, 2023
Maybe by crashing the "game" Eternum, the Founders have no reason to keep her and the rest of the NPCs prisoner, so they release them?
In addition to what Dorfnutter said above, the Founder is two things. First, he is immortal and can enter Eternum at will himself, so the hunt continues. Second point is he is totally evil. Much more likely he would just leave all the souls to rot and suffer and Idriel probably wants to prevent that from happening, hence why she urges Orion to actively free them rather then just letting things crumble down.

Jaike

Aug 24, 2020
What did people pick for the mcs nickname mine is the Arisen because i started a new playthrough when dragons dogma 2 came out
I like it when custom nicknames and all are honest and descriptive. So I went with something I feel describes the MC perfectly even when he has 1 LI:
fukboi 1.png
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

alex13_zen

Sep 30, 2019
Heads Heads Heads Heads

Oh whats the right choice?

Nothing else has worked, time to go for broke.

It's written plainly , all the pieces are there to put together as a good written mystery should be. Its not too much of a stretch and I bet im right or close to it.

Edit: Who's to say Idriel herself didn't set up the cliffhanger in the last episode to gives things a shove in the right direction?
Why do people consider the episode ended on a cliffhanger if there's no true suspense? Does anyone actually think the MC has even a tiny chance to die? It's actually likely he'll soon end up even stronger than before after this.

I think it's a missed opportunity to have a girl injured instead. We know at least one VN that killed a LI, so in the back of our minds we would have felt there is a possibility it could happen again, however small. Now that's something that would have shaken and gripped me!

Reactions: AmaroPargo

Takkatakka

Engaged Member
Nov 11, 2022
Why do people consider the episode ended on a cliffhanger if there's no true suspense? Does anyone actually think the MC has even a tiny chance to die? It's actually likely he'll soon end up even stronger than before after this.

I think it's a missed opportunity to have a girl injured instead. We know at least one VN that killed a LI, so in the back of our minds we would have felt there is a possibility it could happen again, however small. Now that's something that would have shaken and gripped me!
Why do you think Cari did build up Chang as a clear 2nd MC? :WeSmart:

:Kappa:

StormCGS

Apr 7, 2024

well, I wanna know the HOW Orion will come back

quorkboy

Sep 26, 2020

Cliffhangers aren't about suspense in the form of "will the hero get out of this jam?" They're about how. Very few creators would ever kill the main character.

Also no no no no no on hurting the girls to teach the MC a lesson. This is a lazy, overused trope. If a character is hurt or dies this should serve the story, not as motivation for the MC to be better. There's no good story reason for any of them to be hurt, because they're not reckless like Orion. Even if he were careless enough to put them in danger, they're not careless enough to let him.

And it would have no more suspense because we know that Caribdis isn't going to kill any of the girls.

Takkatakka

Engaged Member
Nov 11, 2022
And it would have no more suspense because we know that Caribdis isn't going to kill any of the girls.
Apparently after the shit storm he got for slaving Lauren out (in a very obviously bad choice by the player no less), I doubt Cari would do anything like that anytime soon, yes.

For me a cliffhanger is just a somewhat surprising situation you don't really know how the story will progress on from and that was exactly what the ending of 0.7 was for me. :HideThePain:

Shiro.Kun

May 24, 2021

Isn't it the same for cliffhangers in most series? Just think about popular fantasy / fighting anime like One Piece, Bleach or Fairy Tail, it happens there like every second episode. And most of the time, you know it won't happen anyway. That is why the discussion within F95 and discord focused on the question HOW MC would survive, not IF he would. Will his body die and he'll only be able to live in Eternum for now? Will Calypso save him? Will he be able to use his eternum powers in the real world? Lots of possibilities and even more to discuss!

4.80 star(s) 937 Votes