Idontplay

Oct 30, 2017
What the hell, this game is really good!
I never played it, because the basic concept is (in my humble opinion) very silly: I don't like both the alternative/virtual reality concept than the harem setting; I have seen only three game in which the harem concept is managed in a satisfactory way: Unleashed, Pale Carnation and City of Broken Dreamers. But I'll be damned if the developer doesn't know how to look after the direction of the game; for example the way he managed the mistery/horror quest with Luna is simply perfect!

MrLKX

Jan 12, 2021
As for crossovers, at least I don't think that's much needed: the Sons of Astaroth have lost their leader and his five henchmen who held the highest hierarchical roles in the organization, and only far lower members are still alive. Even if those lower members were still out there right after the end of OiaL, it is likely that the loss of the organization's leadership has thrown it into chaos and the remaining members are fighting among themselves. By the time of Eternum, there may be individual cells left, but these will be no more or less dangerous than other small cults without the Grimoire or their old leaders.

Other than that, other than small Easter Eggs, I don't think OiaL-MC and the girls should matter. Their story is largely told and now it's time for the Eternum ladies to shine.

Uriel ☁

Nov 28, 2017
there will be a crossover between both games?
Doubtful, but there were talks about a final update for OiaL to expand on the endings. Eternum was already mentioned in one of the endings so who knows.

Dylan741

Forum Fanatic
Nov 18, 2019
Doubtful, but there were talks about a final update for OiaL to expand on the endings. Eternum was already mentioned in one of the endings so who knows.
Eternum is mentioned way before the ending of OIAL, specifically by Judie when the MC her and Lauren go find Mike before the final confrontation with Astaroth.
In the secret ending you as the MC meet Dalia maybe you're referring to that. :)
Imho an easter egg with the characters of OIAL would be great, but no more than that at least for me, as someone said before now is the moment for the characters of Eternum to shine, Caribdis don't need to bring them back. :)

Last edited:

McGreed

Apr 17, 2019
Eternum is mentioned way before the ending of OIAL, specifically by Judie when the MC her and Lauren go find Mike before the final confrontation with Astaroth.
In the secret ending you as the MC meet Dalia maybe you're referring to that. :)
Imho an easter egg with the characters of OIAL would be great, but not more than that as someone said before now is the moment for the characters of Eternum to shine, Caribdis don't need to bring them back.
That ending was unexpected asf.
When I saw Dalia I thought like "what the hell is going on?" Too bad it was short.

Reactions: Dylan741

Dylan741

Forum Fanatic
Nov 18, 2019
That ending was unexpected asf.
When I saw Dalia I thought like "what the hell is going on?" Too bad it was short.
Yeah I agree, when I saw that ending the first time my thought was that it was Caribdis just showing the first characters of the new game ( at the time I just found OIAL by chance and didn't see nor knowing anything about Eternum if not the mention by Judie).
After playing it I thought, it could have been an hint to something like "what we seen in OIAL is a story in a server on Eternum" and it would play as an inception with a possibility of seeing the characters of OIAL again.
So yeah I'm conflicted on one hand I would prefer them to be separate games, on the other hand considering how much Tanathos looks like a super version of Azazel I'm dubious and other things that remaind to OIAL leave me wondering about it.
But this is the greatness of Caribdis as an author it gives you lot of material to speculate and think things, and that's a thing I really love. :)

Dylan741

Forum Fanatic
Nov 18, 2019
That´s more or less (among other things) why I´m asking about crossovers, right now OIAL and Eternum could have things in common. So I wanted to know if the developer or someone with enough knowledge can confirm something.
Honestly I can't say yes or no to your question, personally I don't think I'm the most qualified person to answer.
As of right now with Eternum we just scratched the surface of what Caribidis is planning to show and where he wants to go with the story, so I would wait at least two other updates before trying to give my interpretation, because personally I feel that both the hypothesis, Crossover or Easter eggs, can be true. :)
For now I'm only enjoying the game and reading all the theories on the thread ( which I find really amazing and interesting).:)

Idontplay

Oct 30, 2017
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
:unsure:
HEAVY EDIT ON
What could become scaring in this game?
The fact the players could actually die, due to the feedback of their implant?
The fact the NPCs could be real humans payed/forced to play the role of the NPCs?
The fact that a player could become an actual murderer, if he kills another character?
The fact the NPCs can contact the players when they are disconnected; even when the players are sleeping?
HEAVY EDIT OFF
Naaaa! There's nothing scaring in that; at all.

Last edited:

Dorfnutter

Engaged Member
May 21, 2017
He is thinking about the fact that the NPC could not be NPC, but actual humans payed (forced?) to play the NPC role in the game and if someone die in the game, he could die also in the real life due to the feedback received by the neural implant?
Naaaa! That scenario isn't scary at all.
More scared by the fact that Caribdis might be introducing servers that look familiar and comforting...
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

Idontplay

Oct 30, 2017
Ah, I was forgetting!
In the end of the last update, Orion & Co have released Calipso. A weapon able to rewrite the reality of Eternum, but accordingly to what Alex and the Praetorians said, also calm (for now), evil and not ready to be used.
With these premises, what could go wrong?
:ROFLMAO:

Uriel ☁

Nov 28, 2017
Orion finally collects all 10 gems of doom.

Time freezes.
Orion's demon powers manifest but he can't move.
The gems start shining and moving on their own around Orion.

Scene fades in a flash of light.

Astaroth is reborn inside Orion's body.
Game ends.

Caribdis's third game has a new MC and new girls.
They have to free the world from Astaroth, along the way they'll occasionally encounter and clash or collaborate with Eternum's girls and OiaL MC&girls.

This is how I would make a crossover and trilogy, but I'm sure Caribdis will make it much better than me :whistle:

4.80 star(s) 916 Votes