Hellblad3

Dec 23, 2022
Last edited:

Bulvark

Mar 16, 2022
Ok, just sort of spit balling here regarding the Cliffhanger ending... again.

Just finished another playthrough of Eternum and can I just say DAAAAAAAMMMMNNN. This is the only game I have played where I like ALL the LIs. I normally take points away from girls (IG and IRL) for big breasts. The bigger they are the more points they lose. So a 9 can be a 6 just on first looks. Anyhow, LOVE them ALL. That being said, Nova just barely edge's out Annie, So Nova is #1 but Annie is sooooo Cute and Fun Sized so she is like #1.1 followed by Luna @ 1.2 and then Dalia, Penny, Nancy & Alex @ #1.3. I would even put Eva at 1.4 - 1.5 (would like to see her more.) There is no #2-10... well maybe Regina would be 10.

Anyhow, I digress. So, I know there are a LOT of theories out there how this will turn out and as I made another pass through the game I got to wondering.

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

New Theories (Have not seen these before)

New Theory #1:

Anyhow, just typing out loud here.

New Theory #2:

Who knows, maybe I am just fucking NUTZ.

However it turns out, Caribdis... This is a Fucking Amazeballs, Epic Game. Everything you are doing; you are doing it RIGHT! I hope you stay healthy and sane so you can finish this epic tale. Thank you.

Dorfnutter

Engaged Member
May 21, 2017
New Theory #1:
You do not need the implant to access Eternum. William's lore dump, Orion's dreams and his experience at the costume party, and the Andromeda tapes made it clear that Eternum can be accessed through the standard methods of astral travel (i.e. via dreaming, consuming hallucinogenic substances). The only thing the implant does is allow normies to be able to access Eternum anytime they want and in a more reliable fashion where the experience cannot be interrupted except in extreme cases.

Also, someone on Cari's Discord speculated that the Exit Portal Orion saw back at the gas station was made by him (though personally I think it's simply mental imagery that indicated that Orion was about to astral travel to Eternum), which could be proof of his yet-to-be-revealed status as an Immortal. Recall that William revealed that the Founder - revealed to be an Immortal - created the Exit Portal system as means for implanted normies to be able to travel to servers. The idea is that maybe Orion also has the ability to create them, albeit on a lesser scale compared to the Founder.

New Theory #2:
Opening the letter prematurely will lead to Orion reading out the contents of the letter, which reads:

"Askion kataskion lix tetrax damnameneus aision."

Googling that leads you to the Ephesia Grammata, which is a Greek axiom that provides protection to the person who utters it at the right moment. Interestingly, it also happens to be associated with the Cult of Artemis, a goddess who in some mythological sources was the lover of Orion's mythological namesake.

Anyway, technically the letter could help. But IIRC Orion can't access his inventory in the real world so...that could be a stretch.

VaderExMachina

Brazilian Sith Lord
Donor
Nov 21, 2022
You do not need the implant to access Eternum. William's lore dump, Orion's dreams and his experience at the costume party, and the Andromeda tapes made it clear that Eternum can be accessed through the standard methods of astral travel (i.e. via dreaming, consuming hallucinogenic substances). The only thing the implant does is allow normies to be able to access Eternum anytime they want and in a more reliable fashion where the experience cannot be interrupted except in extreme cases.

Also, someone on Cari's Discord speculated that the Exit Portal Orion saw back at the gas station was made by him (though personally I think it's simply mental imagery that indicated that Orion was about to astral travel to Eternum), which could be proof of his yet-to-be-revealed status as an Immortal. Recall that William revealed that the Founder - revealed to be an Immortal - created the Exit Portal system as means for implanted normies to be able to travel to servers. The idea is that maybe Orion also has the ability to create them, albeit on a lesser scale compared to the Founder.

Opening the letter prematurely will lead to Orion reading out the contents of the letter, which reads:

Googling that leads you to the Ephesia Grammata, which is a Greek axiom that provides protection to the person who utters it at the right moment. Interestingly, it also happens to be associated with the Cult of Artemis, a goddess who in some mythological sources was the lover of Orion's mythological namesake.

Anyway, technically the letter could help. But IIRC Orion can't access his inventory in the real world so...that could be a stretch.
most importantly, the Ephesia Grammata protection power lies in it's sound, so the protection would only work if the words were pronounced correctly.

Bulvark

Mar 16, 2022
You do not need the implant to access Eternum.

Well, that was what i was getting at. Orion had technically entered Eternum before he got the implant when you thought he was dreaming. He entered the kid's room and the church when they kept asking if he would help them. So, he at least, didn't need the implant to enter. With his 100% compatibility, might be able to use the "laws" of Eternum to his advantage. Of if he is an immortal then...

Dorfnutter

Engaged Member
May 21, 2017
Well, that was what i was getting at. Orion had technically entered Eternum before he got the implant when you thought he was dreaming. He entered the kid's room and the church when they kept asking if he would help them. So, he at least, didn't need the implant to enter. With his 100% compatibility, might be able to use the "laws" of Eternum to his advantage. Of if he is an immortal then...
Point being the Founder created the means to facilitate travel to Eternum and create a system that gives the impression that the person is playing a VRMMO when they really aren't, they are simply being used by the Founder in order to acquire the gems for whatever personal purpose he has. As for all the dead roaming around and being taken advantage of by Ulysses by being repurposed as NPCs, it's possible that the issue they're facing (that is, not being able to properly die and pass on) was already a thing even before the Founder entered the picture.

Simply put, the Founder likely does not have total control of the laws of Eternum (yet, might change when he gets the gems), so the notion of him manipulating it so that Orion can conveniently take advantage of such later on when he's in a pickle is highly unlikely. If Orion does get out of his current predicament without Idriel or Caly's intervention, it will likely be due to his as-yet-unexplained powers (which would track given that magic exists even in the real world as revealed in Cari's past game which took place more than a decade before the events of this one).

TemIIx

Sep 16, 2019

DORFNUTTER MOMENT
What if Orion opens the letter and use that ''Spell'' once he entered Eternum?(Pirate server with Nova and Nancy)
Doing so it would make him access to his inventory to restore/save his body in the real world... (Even though i am a big fan of the theory ''Calypso to the rescue'' and i'd prefer this one ahaha)

Ok time to go back to reality to wait like an addict to the next sneak peek :copium

Dorfnutter

Engaged Member
May 21, 2017
DORFNUTTER MOMENT
What if Orion opens the letter and use that ''Spell'' once he entered Eternum?(Pirate server with Nova and Nancy)
Doing so it would make him access to his inventory to restore/save his body in the real world... (Even though i am a big fan of the theory ''Calypso to the rescue'' and i'd prefer this one ahaha)

Ok time to go back to reality to wait like an addict to the next sneak peek :copium
The thing is the Syndicate member made it clear that Orion shouldn't open the letter until the time is right (likely when he sees the Ouroboros symbol).

screenshot0074.png screenshot0075.png screenshot0076.png screenshot0077.png

So unless the story does some weird plot gymnastics for him to conveniently see the symbol while he's in the pirate server, consider me skeptical of your theory.

Takkatakka

Engaged Member
Nov 11, 2022
The thing is the Syndicate member made it clear that Orion shouldn't open the letter until the time is right (likely when he sees the Ouroboros symbol).

View attachment 4116608 View attachment 4116609 View attachment 4116610 View attachment 4116611

So unless the story does some weird plot gymnastics for him to conveniently see the symbol while he's in the pirate server, consider me skeptical of your theory.
I mean...it's an technically the infinity sign, I guess but you can also kinda bend the rules and just have an 8 conveniently show up. Like that would be the smallest of contrivances to pull off.

Reactions: Konrad900
4.80 star(s) 965 Votes