Mar 28, 2019
~>So the new game has no harem tag that's plain sad but y?

~>guess gonna give it a shot on the game cause previous 1 was awesome put my finger cross.

Alfius

Engaged Member
Modder
Sep 30, 2017
Incest was not canonical to Once in a Lifetime either... it required a clumsy rewrite of the opening scenes. While step family was there, it was set up so that they met as teenagers which made the whole thing work without needing to work through the taboo. This doesn't mean that a mod won't be maintained for this one. In fact, there was already one attempt a couple pages back. I don't know if it was any good, since I have no interest in incest except when it's clearly what was intended for the game (e.g. to get rid of the line "there is no way we can have sex, you're my roommate.")
Not sure if Caribdis was involved with OIAL incest, but for me UNLESS there is a very good story reason: A kid staying with an older female roughly 20 year older and some younger females around his age, screams incest. There is no plausible reason without a decent explanation or background story why that would not be meant as incest. That is why I always play a game that looks looks like that with an incest patch.

You do get games, where the dev sets out a very good reason, and it's actually part of the plot, that an MC would not be related to the females. In that instance (i.e. "Where the heart is") I do not like to play with an incest patch.

TLDR, If it walks, looks, sounds like incest....It's incest.
OIAL felt like incest, so that's why I played with the patch.

I don't particularly love incest games, but I do like to play games the way it was intended.

xyphy

May 1, 2020
Great start! just feel like the description isnt very accurate atm, because the game seems better policed than real life:unsure:

Reactions: Caribdis

DrDerpington

Oct 6, 2017
Great start! just feel like the description isnt very accurate atm, because the game seems better policed than real life:unsure:
You cant judge effectinevess of police by one incident. Eternum Lady (Idriel) admitted that Ion server (cyberpunk) is pretty rough and that means it probably doesnt have very high security. Who knows at this point.

It might have been a coincidence that Preatorian (police) interfered. They might have been on some raid and looking for members of "the Syndicate" and got Benjamin instead.
Or the AI could be paying extra attention to Orion due to his 100% compatibility with the game implants. It was pretty suspicous that hologram of the CEO of Ulysses had direct look straight into Orion's eyes. The AI might have interfered due to Orion's proximity to the rape event.

Last edited:

Machete

Engaged Member
Apr 7, 2020
You cant judge effectinevess of police by one incident. Eternum Lady (Idriel) admitted that Ion server (cyberpunk) is pretty rough and that means it probably doesnt have very high security. Who knows at this point.

It might have been a coincidence that Preatorian (police) interfered. They might have been on some raid and looking for members of "the Syndicate" and got Benjamin instead.
Or the AI could be paying extra attention to Orion due to his 100% compatibility with the game implants. It was pretty suspicous that hologram of the CEO of Ulysses had direct look straight into Orion's eyes. The AI might have interfered due to Orion's proximity to the rape event.
We should consider policed in what regard. PKilling, in game scams and stuff like that can be partially tollerated for the feel of the server, but Praetorians intervened on an attempted rape in a game where you live and feel everything just like in real life. It seems quite a serious fellony against which to immediately enforce order. I guess it's a matter of proportions.

dolfe67

Forum Fanatic
Apr 25, 2020
Not sure if Caribdis was involved with OIAL incest, but for me UNLESS there is a very good story reason: A kid staying with an older female roughly 20 year older and some younger females around his age, screams incest. There is no plausible reason without a decent explanation or background story why that would not be meant as incest. That is why I always play a game that looks looks like that with an incest patch.

You do get games, where the dev sets out a very good reason, and it's actually part of the plot, that an MC would not be related to the females. In that instance (i.e. "Where the heart is") I do not like to play with an incest patch.

TLDR, If it walks, looks, sounds like incest....It's incest.
OIAL felt like incest, so that's why I played with the patch.

I don't particularly love incest games, but I do like to play games the way it was intended.
I like to play games the way they were intended too (because of patreon censorship) but I don't think this one was. His previous game having incest doesn't mean that all his next games will have it too.

Alfius

Engaged Member
Modder
Sep 30, 2017
I like to play games the way they were intended too (because of patreon censorship) but I don't think this one was. His previous game having incest doesn't mean that all his next games will have it too.
I was referring to "Once in a lifetime", not this game. The poster I quoted, claimed "Once in a lifetime" was not meant to be an incest game....I disagreed.

I don't start playing a game before it's not at least 6 months old, so will probably only start playing Eturnum early next year. The game looks awesome though. Can not wait. But would not know anything about incest in it, since I don't have a clue about the game yet, except that it looks amazing.

1tomadeira

Engaged Member
May 25, 2017
You know a game is up to a good future when people already start giving their theory at version 0.1.

sortakinda

Dec 15, 2020
I have absolutely nothing constructive to add. Other than goddamn, this was some good stuff, like, once in a couple of years good stuff. I sincerely hope development of this continues!

• Red Heart
Reactions: Caribdis
4.80 star(s) 913 Votes